Without a Trace - Part 11

Printer-friendly version

Without a trace part 11 … The Monsters loose

On the outskirts of the city at Rogers Hall Dr Eva Delving sat behind her desk looking at a bank of monitors. Her face drawn in its permanent scowl, Miss Francis stood behind her looking at the monitors showing the wing where their victims/subjects were housed. The two of them were looking at one feed in particular and Eva was almost growling.

“Well Danine seems this one is a lot tougher to break?” Eva pointed at the screen.

The subject of their discussion was sat in the middle of what they called the induction room with his arms crossed against his chest. His eyes were flint grey and were staring straight at the camera and usually by this time the inductees were covered in their own waste. Each time this particular subject needed to void he had enough presence even when hooded to find a corner and take care of his needs. This annoyed Eva it was her job to break down subjects, she looked at the file on her desk marked with red security warnings. It was titled “Project Aquarius” the opening date was Jan 13th 1968, the files listed all that was to be done and the reasons why.

In the induction room Robert Grantham sat in the blue corner of the room and sat and stared. His stomach was talking to him but he was ignoring the fact. He was also counting in his head calculating how long it had been in this room and seeming hell hole. He reached three thousand and then got down and started doing push-ups after one hundred of them moved to crunches. Half way through this the nurse figure entered again and stood by the door and sneered. Robert ignored it and continued to exercise. He was working to keep his mind and body focused by his reckoning it had been five days here.

“well little one ready to give up now?” the nurse asked.

“I am not your little one I know you kept me fed and hydrated whilst I was hooded, but I will tell you whatever you plan I won't make it easy.” his voice was like water over gravel as he talked pausing for breath as he exercised.

The nurse laughed and taunted him saying what could a baby girl do to stop what will happen. As she talked the loop of messages seemed to get louder and Robert shook his head and smiled. The smile was almost feral as it spread across his face and a hunger reached his eyes. He thought to himself well baby girl is it we will see what they can do. He loved a challenge and this sounded right up his street. As the nurse left he stopped exercising and sat down in the middle of the room and cast his mind back. He remembered a week ago going out from his apartment to do his usual run and stop at the chess tables to take on some of the players in the park. As he had entered the park a mugger had attracted his attention and he has stepped over and restrained the thief until the park patrol could get there. Then he was further into the park and someone had applied some form of knock-out gas and he had found himself coming to in this place.

Five minutes passed as he thought and he started using some of his exercises to keep his mind focused. He looked fourteen but was actually twenty five and followed the paths of martial arts and had done for many years. Looking up he noticed something out of place and he smiled and he slowly stood up and looked at the door. It stood ajar and he wondered if the powers that be were testing his reactions. He considered the possible inclinations of those that ran this hell hole the smell of baby powder and perfume invaded his nostrils.

The smells seemed to be conflicting to him as to what was going on in this place as he stood by the door listening he heard the sounds of some one or something giggling and his curiosity was piqued. He decided to return back to the middle of the room and sat down again and again his thoughts went inward again. His smile broadened as he went deeper inside as he sank deeper inside his mind seemed to split and he started a conversation with himself. His argument was on his safety and what was going on around him and his survivability in this situation. He really considered that he was on a losing streak and any moves he would make are in the negative.

Just then a head was poked around the door and a young girl stood there with her finger to her lips. She nodded her head for Robert to join her and to be as quiet as possible. He walked to the door and cautiously poked his head around just as he did there was the sound of harsh laughter. There was the sensation of something pricking his neck and darkness took him again. As he blacked out he heard the girl laugh evilly.

“she will make a lovely dolly aunty Eva”

“patience she has to be conditioned yet and well one this strong will make a good price” Eva replied her voice harsh.

She returned to her office and smiled at the file still on her desk and another file that was just figures. The project had been originally for the CIA started by a doctor released from custody in the 1950's for Nazi war crimes. The project was originally for counter insurgency and getting information from them but had become perverted into a method of making sex slaves for certain rich clients. The failures were put back into the city, Eva had joined the project whilst it was still under the CIA and when they pulled the funding she had carried on her predecessors perversions....

As Joanie heard the history of this place her blood began to boil and she was scared that she was going to lose control. Jan read her partners emotions and quickly pulled her out of the office and out of HQ. The chief watched her two main detectives leave the office and she walked back into the office and looked at the woman sat still handcuffed.

“Well my dear I see you have just been grilled by two of my best” She said gently. Although her voice was gentle their was a hint of steel in it as she talked. She looked at the now dishevelled business suit and scared expression on her face as she looked up at the chief.

Across town in the hospital cafeteria JR/Kylie was still talking with he/r mother and planning actions that would bring he/r to the attention of the criminals behind what had been happening. Mrs Richards looked at her child and knew there was really only one thing they could do.

“Kylie I think that we need to look at putting you back into a school near to the hall but the only one is Roger's academy”

“Good thing this uniform is close to theirs mommy” Kylie smiled and blushed. She looked at the badge around her teddy bear and looked at her mother.

“I guess I best get used to wearing Bratz clothes when not in school I think mommy” With that they both laughed and left to return to HQ and fill in the task force on what they had been planning.

Joanie looked at her partner as she drew angrily on the cigarette and started to pace the steps in front of the police HQ. Jan let her work out her anger and get herself back under control as the minutes ticked away. Joanie ground out the stub under her foot as she turned to face the street a black van pulled up outside of the HQ and a body was thrown out of it. The two detectives rushed down the steps followed by four officers. The officers hailed a patrol car and pointed at the van speeding away.

Joanie and Jan looked at the body and they noticed there was still movement in the chest and they checked over the form. When they were sure there was no injuries they lifted the head to look at the delivery. Robert opened his eyes and looked at two women and he started to scream, his voice was becoming hoarse with the volume. Gently Joanie worked to calm down the creaming victim and for the first time noticed what it was wearing. They were clothed in what could only be described as a teenage sized baby bunting holding the legs bound.

Robert realised some thing was different and his mental conditioning took over and his screaming started to ease. He looked and saw above him instead of the ceiling of the place where he had been he saw open sky. He looked at the two women and he saw they were dressed in street clothes not in nurses uniforms and he finally worked out he was away from those women that had been robbing him of his will and body. His work with martial arts brought him back to himself with a perceptible
shift.

“wh....wher.....where am I?” he managed to stumble out.

To be continued in part 12

up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

without a trace part 11

A possible weak link? Can he help stop them?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Maybe he can help Kylie?

Could he give Kylie some clues about mental conditioning or something?

Wren

Hey...

I read this one from start to this chapter all in one sitting. You have a good one going here, by the way.

Very engrossing, danger just around the corner and waiting to jump out of that dark alley to grab someone, potential loss of identity, and much more.

I have to say, nicely done and I'll be sure to check the following chapters.

Maggie

giggles

keeep guessing just please keep your hands inside the viehicle and do not stand

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time