Without a Trace - Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Without a trace part 10: operation flytrap continued....

Whilst Mom and kylie talked Jan and her partner were talking to the young female officer. They gently probed for the reasons why she had tried to attack the young girl.
“Now sally you aren’t in trouble not really but we do need to know what’s happened” Joanne was gently saying. The young officer looked up and the confusion was apparent to the two detectives. They changed their tone to a gentler one and then Jan noticed a small radio set inserted into the Officers left ear skin toned and very hard to notice. She nudged her partner and then gently using her thumb and fore finger removed it.
The change on the young officer’s face was surprising and something that Jan was now expecting. She could hear a voice repeating a phrase over and over again and she quickly wrapped the small implement in paper to muffle the sound.

“Detectives what’s happened why am I here?” The young officer asked her voice gentle.
“Officer you aren’t in trouble but we do need some information” Joanne gently probed.
The officer without a word pulled over a sheet of statement blanks and looking around the room and not saying a word started to write. She ignored any questions the two detectives were trying to ask and continued writing seeming to be going on automatic. She filled one side of the page then starting a new sheet carried on hardly noticing anything. Two Styrofoam cups of coffee were left cooling on the desk but the clock ticked by minute by minute for two hours straight the detectives watched the officer write when she finished the young woman slumped over the desk in tears.
“please Detectives read that before you decide what you do its all come back to me and apologise to that girl I tried to hurt”
“Sally we appreciate that there is something going on and we will need to ask you questions and we are going to have to place you in custedy but not arrest.” Joanne replied as a sergeant came into the interview room and took Sally away.
Jan turned over the pile of papers on the interview room desk and looked at her partner and motioned with her head for them to head to their desks. Throughout the walk through headquarters both said nothing submerged in their own thoughts when they reached their desks. As Jan watched her partner sit down she went to the photocopier and copied all the pages of the statement. Returning she handed over a set of copies to her partner and then sat down to start reading.

This is the statement of Sally Kelvin she read; ten years ago I was an average student at a school in the town looking to join the police. I knew that my scores would be too low to progress into my chosen career. Two years into college I was approached by a strange woman dressed in black and she offered to help me gain my chosen career. I was indoctrinated into a group of women who were working on some project. There was a lot of secrecy about what they were doing and only after many months were over was I brought into the project.

The statement continued the two detectives reading it shaking their heads over the information all that was coming through was pointing to a major group. As the two of them continued to go over the files a woman walked into the crew room and straight to their desks. Her face was drawn into a harsh mask and her clothing was a severe business suit, she flashed a badge at the two detectives but before she could put it away Jan grabbed her hand. Jan looked at it closely and frowned at the markings on the badge.

“So what has homeland security have to do with this case, Miss Dickens?” Jan almost growled.

“That detective is on a need to know basis and to be honest you don’t need to know!”

“Listen Lady I doubt Miss Dickens is your true name and HS don’t do house calls to precincts”

The woman in the black business suit went white as she saw the fury in the pair of detective’s faces and stepped back. She made placating gestures and almost seemed to back into a wall and tried to make herself a small target. Just then the chief walked into the office and saw the woman cowering and Jan about to stand up, she cleared her throat and nodded and Jan sat back down. The chief looked pointedly at this intruder and reached for her cuffs on her belt. With a quick motion she applied them then brought the woman to a chair at the desk and turned to the two and nodded and left.

Joanie looked at the now handcuffed woman and chewed at her lip in thought as she looked between her and the statement. The woman was getting uncomfortable with her arms pinned behind her and sitting on the hard chair and her eyes were starting to show fear. Joanie looked as though she could chew nails and spit fire at that point she was still worrying about her younger brother being put in the firing line as it were. Jan could sense her partner’s worries and she decided that she would take the lead in questioning this woman who the chief had basically arrested without the Miranda and decided to take care of that little nicety first.

Across town JR and his mom were sat talking in the hospital cafe as this was where they both thought would be the most neutral for Mrs Richards to meet her daughter. She looked at her feminised son and could understand that this was the best route for him to take. The way he sat and interacted was naturally female, the school uniform made him appear as though he was 12 years old not eighteen. They sat and talked for a good while and Mrs Richards learned more about her young daughter. She learned more why Kylie felt she needed to help others and put herself in danger.
“Mommy to be honest it’s because daddy was never around and you always said he never put himself out for others.” Kylie explained.

“But dear one this could ruin you if what happened to Jamie is anything to go with.”

“Mommy I can try my best to deal with what is thrown at me and am sure Joanie will always watch my back”

Mrs Richards nodded knowing that it wasn’t just Joanie but the whole department that would keep an eye on their new angel. From what the chief had said anyone found lacking in energy and forward planning would find themselves relegated to checking parking tickets. This did ease her mind slightly and she wondered if that small pistol would be used by her child. That was something that panicked her slightly, and then she remembered how her child had looked at the weapon and then worried if it would be used against JR. As they continued to talk a uniformed officer approached the two and with a gentle whisper put a bracelet around JR’s wrist then held up a flat tablet type computer that showed a satellite map with the hospital outlined.
With that the officer left but did tell Mrs Richards to pick up a smaller version of the tracker from HQ and each member of the task force would have one. This eased her mind and also JR/Kylie’s mind was eased by it as well. She looked at the bracelet and smiled when she saw hello kitty in the middle of it. S/he wondered if this had been planned for a while and by the looks of it the police department was trying their last planned effort. They settled down again to talk and the two considered the best way to approach how to get the hall’s attention.......

up
126 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

More, More!

This is cool, and I want to read more about JR/Kylie. The clues are very tantalizing, but not quite enough yet. I need more data!

Wren

without a trace part 10

Looks as if this investigation has stopped any attempts at turning jocks into girls.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

keep em peeled

keep them peeled part 11 coming very soon
writing as i type this lol

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

Still love this story the

nikkiparksy's picture

Still love this story the plot is excellent and riveting looking forward too how this develop's.:).

Your story is great Allie Elle!

Thank you for keeping it going, good fun so far.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita