Sarah's Shadow - 1 - Suspicion

Printer-friendly version
Sarah's Shadow
A Story
Chapter 1 - Suspicion
by Saless
 

Tiffany was shocked when Sean came to work on Monday as a girl. Although she didn't know him well, she never would have guessed that he wanted to be a girl, or that he could ever pass as one! What shocked her more, though, was the way everyone accepted her. She didn't mind that Sarah was transgendered, that wasn't the issue. What was the issue was that she had changed too much, including losing several inches in height!

Tiffany kept her doubts to herself, but she started doing some research after work that day. As she suspected, that kind of change was impossible, especially in such a short time. Other than her height and a few other minor factors, all of it could be explained with surgery and hormones, but only after months of recovery from the surgery, and at least a year on the hormones. The rest couldn't be explained at all!

She went to work the next day intent on questioning Sarah about her miraculous transformation. But when she got there she discovered that Sarah had been attacked the day before by Kyle! Now they were short four people and she was far too busy to worry about Sarah. The next day was just as bad. Thursday Sarah returned and helped her go over the records when she could, but she had no time to question her. It was looking more and more like Kyle had been stealing from the store and it was causing her all kinds of headaches.

Tiffany tried to find Sarah after her shift was over, but she had already gone. Friday she had to train the new girl, Tina, and Sarah filled in for her. Once again she had no time to question Sarah, and her friend Mike showed up to pick her up again. Saturday arrived and Tiffany had still not had a chance to question Sarah. Tiffany decided to go find her and got out her phone book. She looked up Sarah at first, and then remembered that her name was Sean when the book was published and looked that up. Finding her address and phone number she jotted them down.

She drove over to the apartment building where Sarah lived and went looking for her apartment. It was a ground floor apartment and Tiffany walked up and knocked on the door. There was no answer, so Tiffany tried again. After several more attempts she gave up and started to leave. That's when she noticed that Sarah's car was still there. Thinking that Sarah was home she looked for a window. There was one, but it was behind an overgrown hedge. There was just enough room for Tiffany to squeeze herself in. She looked in the window, the lights were on but she couldn't see any sign of Sarah or her friends..

Maybe she's out with Mike. she thought. She'd thought that he was her boyfriend at first, but Sarah had mentioned Mike's girlfriend Jill. She wasn't sure why she was hiding there behind that hedge trying to get a glimpse of Sarah, but she had to know what was going on! She waited for half an hour but saw nothing. Sighing in defeat, Tiffany crawled out from behind the hedge. She vowed to come back Sunday and find out what was going on once and for all! Just as she turned away from the window a portal opened and Sarah and her friends stepped through.


 
To Be Continued…
 


up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmmmmm

Frank's picture

:)

Hugs

Frank

Dear Tiffany

Curiosity killed the cat.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Good setup.

Now we know why Tiffany has been giving Sarah strange looks.

I wonder, though... Tiffany turned around right as the portal opened. Did she see it? Did our dynamic trio see her?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Ray

You'll see!

You'll see! ;)

Thanks Ray!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

The Window,

Can be covered with a drape, curtain, and or shades.But might let the poral light through IF material is reactive to portal energy.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Ah, but that assumes

that the portal generates light! Of course, if the place the portal is being opened to is very well lit, it just might... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

But if she steps though a porthole ...

and the others dont know she could get trapped.

Let's hope she avoids that fate and eventually proves an aly of Sean/Susan, I mean Sean/Fred, um Sarah. Maybe a *fresh perspective* on his/her plight might prove akey to unraveling the mysteries.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa