The Beautiful Girl in Town 6 Final Curtain, But Not All Over

Printer-friendly version


The Beautiful Girl in Town 6
Final Curtain, But Not All Over


By Jessica C
=^_^=


Ms. Hughes the Play Director told Deanne and Samantha after the play they needed to call it a night and get some rest. Dan complimented Samantha as she was leaving, “I have to compliment you Sis; you are proving yourself in the play.” Samantha and Deanne both stopped in their tracks. Dan surprised them. Both the compliment and acknowledging Samantha as a sister were contrary to what was expected from Dan. Dan said, “I think this is the real you. I’m impressed.” He hugged her and ran off to do his work behind the scenes.

Samantha said, “Thanks, brother.” She turned to Deanne and said, “Pinch me, I must be dreaming.”

Deanne said, “I’ve noticed him watching you when we rehearsed and now the two performances. I think he’s seen you in a new light. How do you like being complimented by him?”

Samantha said, “My brother Randy called me before school; to wish me well with the play. That was nice but it didn’t surprise me. Coming from Dan, it is not only nice, it meant more because I didn’t expect it.”

Roxy and Tally were glad to hear from Deanne that we got away early from the playgroup. Tally asked, “Is Samantha there?” Deanne told her she was. “I would like to talk to her before she gets home. Could we meet somewhere?”

Deanne drove to Tally’s house, where Tally was waiting for them. Tally opened Samantha’s door and they went for a walk. Tally turned and embraced Samantha and gave her a passionate kiss. “How can you not be a girl and act so powerfully? I love how much of a girl you are!” She asked, “Did Deanne do such a great job teaching you to become a girl or was it already in you?”

Samantha felt the need to break character and speak as Bruce. “I’ve asked myself that question and it wasn’t one or the other, but both. Don’t laugh at me, but I’ve been a girl inside since I can remember.”

Tally says, “I’m not laughing; I believe you. I love this about you. I liked you as Bruce. But I cursed that you weren’t your mother’s daughter.” There was another passionate kiss, but Deanne had gotten out of her car and said, “I need to take you home, or Tally has to drive you home.”

Tally said, “I’m afraid to ask my Mom to drive you home. Can you go with Deanne and we can talk on the phone later?”

Bruce felt a bittersweetness about going back to the car. Tally had spoken with Bruce; something that spoke to being recognized as both or one. She did so with a passion that touched Samantha deeply.

Deanne asked her sister if it was okay that she took her home first. Roxy hugged Samantha which surprised Samantha. It was well received. Deanne drove to Samantha’s home but stopped a block away. She asked, “How are you feeling inside?”

Samantha voiced, “A bit confused; it seems I’m to be Bruce and Samantha for a while. I’m not going only to be Samantha anytime soon if ever. Like Bruce, I like this other side of me. The new me likes being a better student. You helped me to fit as Molly and be the best girl in a tough situation. Thanks! I hope it is not embarrassing for you to have me as a friend.”

Deanne smiled, “I guess, we’re coming to the same conclusion. Have you talked to your Mom and Dad about it?”

Samantha said, “I’ve become better at talking with my Mom, and my Dad will be alright with it through the end of the play.” Samantha changes the conversation. “You didn’t sign on to be the friend of a girly boy two years your junior. Are you wanting to move on from being friends with me?”

Deanne said, “I’ve been thinking about that. Strangely, I wondered if we might double date with you going out with Tally, Roxy, or Rex. You could be a girl or a boy with the girls depending on you and them. I think Rex is taken with you as Samantha.” Samantha paused long enough that Deanne said, “Enough for tonight, let me get you home. Remember Ms. Hughes told us to sleep in and be fresh for tomorrow night.”

Samantha said, “I’d do that, but I might want to go window shopping tomorrow. Could you ask Roxy if she’d go with me?”

“Ask her yourself.” Samantha got out at her house but gave a girlfriend kiss to Deanne as she got out. Deanne said, “Thanks!”

=^_^=


Samantha’s Mom said, “I hear you outdid yourself, congratulations. I am surprised you are home this early”

Samantha said, “Yes, Ms. Hughes let some of us come home early to get some sleep.”

“Does that mean you don’t want to unwind with a cup of tea?” Samantha needed to relax after the performance and she now liked talking with her mom as if she were her daughter.

“Can I put on some moisturized first and then come back and have the tea with you?” she asked. Samantha went and checked her face; she had forgotten she had put on new makeup after she took off her stage makeup. Then she went back to have tea with her Mom. Her Dad had continued to watch TV. Dan had not yet come home from the play.

Mom asked, “Was it another good night for the play?”

“You heard right, it was another great night. The auditorium had people standing behind the last row and people down the outside aisles.” Samantha said, “It felt electric performing in front of a full house. You said last night that you still remembered how it felt. Now, I know the feeling.”

It got quiet as she wondered if she could mention more. “Mom, what would you say, if I thought I wanted to continue as Samantha and Bruce? I didn’t intend it, but I think, I will always be a girl and Bruce. It scares me.”

Mom said, “I’m not surprised, but I think it is early to say yes. Let’s get through the play and finish school. Is that okay?”

“Mom, I can and need to get through the play but there’s two months left before school is over. I want to go to the LGBT support group at the school or in the county. Can’t I at least do that? I feel like I’m alone.”

Mom said as she hugged him, “You’ve been thinking about this more seriously than I realized. Remember you are not alone. Thanks for talking to me.”

Samantha says in Bruce’s voice, “You are not angry with me?”

She says, “A little surprised and wasn’t quite ready to hear it, but not angry.” There’s a change, “Let’s not tell your Dad tonight. When I told you I liked having a daughter, I didn’t mean permanently. Did you tell anyone else?”

Samantha wasn’t comfortable saying she talked to Deanne. “I think Deanne suspects something but we haven’t talked.”

Mom sips her coffee and fidgets more. “Why don’t you shower and get to bed; I’ll be up to say goodnight.”

When Samantha was in the shower, she wanted to sing: ‘I Feel Like a Woman’ but she was afraid someone else might hear. She put on a panty and a nightshirt and got in bed. When his Mom came in, he asked, “The night before the play would be over; were you anxious and excited?”

Mom relaxed and said, “Yes, is that how you’re feeling tonight?”

Samantha said, “I felt like I became closer to you and have made some friends like you said, that I’ll remember doing this with. Even Dan complimented me and called me Sis. If he comes home before I fall asleep, tell him, please see me please.”

Mom said, “He told me he had more respect for you being in the play.”

Fifteen minutes later Dan stuck his head into the room and asked, “What is it, Sis?”

Samantha scooted up in her bed and patted the mattress for him to sit near her. She said, “You don’t know it but that meant a lot to get a compliment from you. Thank you!”

He asked, “Mom’s a little nervous, do you know what about?”

Samantha said, “I mentioned, I don’t think I can stop being Samantha right away. I think she’s hoped I would.”

Dan said, “That surprises me, I thought she liked having a daughter.”

“But she said, not permanently. I think she’d like to take back some of her encouragement.”

“I think she might be worried about what Dad will think. I was upset when this began, but I think you are Samantha and my brother. It took me some time to get here. If I can see it; I suspect Mom and Dad will too.”

Dan changed the subject to Sam acting as Molly; “I think you blew everyone away being so convincing as Molly. I know even your new core of friends thought so. But dialing and throwing your phone was a boy thing of being practical.”

Samantha said, “I thought that was Molly, but you might be right. I could sense how afraid she’d be. I’d never want to be a girl in trouble like that.”

They talked some more, and both knew it was a special time for them. When they parted and said goodnight. Dan said, “I wouldn’t worry too much about Mom or Dad, they both love you.” Dan closed the door as he left.

=^_^=


When Bruce finally awoke in the morning it was later than usual. He dressed as Bruce and went down for breakfast. Mom was surprised, “I’m surprised to see you, Bruce. You said you wanted to go window shopping.”

“I might just play some games.” He grabbed a couple of pancakes and bacon and sat down.

He was almost through eating when the house phone rang. Hardly anyone called the home phone, it had everyone’s attention. Mom answered and asked, “Bruce aren’t you answering your phone? It’s Tally she says you haven’t answered your phone. Here, take the call.”

Bruce takes the phone and answers, “Hello Tally, what’s up… I don’t want a new dress… Why’s a dress needed for the After Party?”

Bruce asks, “Mom does one need to dress up for the After Party?”

Mom replies, “It would be best if you did. You’ll probably be one of the people asked to be in front of the media.”

“But what will Dad say?” he replied.

His Dad was now in the room and behind him. “Don’t worry about me; you’re the one doing the juggling act. Tonight Samantha has her big night; you might as well do it up right!”

Bruce answers Tally on the other end of the phone. “Give me an hour to finish eating and change over to Samantha… Yes, that would be good if you could pick me up here.” His Dad laid down a bunch of twenties; “The cash is for the dress; use the card your Mom gave you and get a pedicure. Then you can wear open-toe shoes to help them have something to talk about.” Mom giggled, “Do that you’ll love it.” Mom gave me a pair of flip-flops saying, “You’ll want them after the pedicure.”

Samantha changed into a simple cotton dress and was ready as Tally and Roxy arrived. Tally kissed Samantha on the cheek, grabbed Sam’s hand, and said goodbye to Mrs. Sanders in three steps, and they were out the door. They went to the mall and numerous women’s stores and Samantha had tried on two or three dresses at each store. Samantha had bought a skirt and blouse outfit. They went back to the second store hoping that was where she saw the dress she wanted. It was a yellow scallop mini dress. She was frustrated until she asked the salesgirl. Kelli said, “I think it was the last one there; let’s check the changing area. There it was a rack yet to go back on the sales floor. The salesgirl brought a yellow satin panty over to where Samantha would change. Since the dress and panty cost less than other dresses; she justified herself in getting both. Samantha hadn’t thought a yellow satin panty would be special, but when she saw what Kelli the salesgirl brought; she thought differently. Tally said she needed a good pair of nude stockings or pantyhose.

Thinking about what’s next, Samantha asked Tally, “Where’s a good place to get a pedicure?”

Tally asked, “If I’m taking you to my nail salon you need to promise to get one. We don’t have time to ride around.” When Samantha said she would get one; Tally named, “Elegance Nail Salon as where they’re going. Make sure you bring in your dress so we can closely match the color.” Roxy and Tally both got manicures. A few minutes into her feet being massaged, soaked, and pampered, Samantha began to relax and savor the pedicure. She had been taking better care of her feet, but to be pampered and have dry skin taken care of she was filled with remarkable feelings. Her phone rang and her mother was calling. “Are you getting your pedicure done yet?”

“Jun Sung is working on my feet now, thank Daddy for telling me to do it. You were right; this is more precious than I could imagine…” “Oh, did you see the picture of the yellow dress I bought for tonight?... No, she wasn’t supposed to send a picture of the panty; I didn’t even know she took pictures of that and the stockings… Thank you, you and Dad are spoiling me… I hope you thought to get something for Dan. No, I’m not getting soft about him. It’s just I’m getting so much attention. I want to be fair.”

“Tally said they would be home by 3:30 which will give me plenty of time for a shower and to get ready for the play… I’ll be so wound up for the play; having energy should be no problem.” Samantha wouldn’t be a traditional beauty in the play, nor at the After Party, but she was excited.

Tally was nice in helping to carry some of Samantha’s clothes to the house, but she had ulterior motives that revealed themselves at the door. Somehow a girl can hug and kiss while holding shopping bags and smash nothing. Samantha was to earth, as her love for Tally warmed her soul. Roxy was with them by the time they walked through the door.

Mom swatted Samantha on her buns to get going as the door closed on Tally and Roxy as they left. There was a refreshing shower with her hair protected. She was happy to have her mother’s help in getting her hair done and makeup checked. It was funny to Samantha to have her new dress, panties, stockings, and more that she was taking after the play.

Backstage, there were different airs. Some seemed to know but weren’t telling. Others like Samantha didn’t have a clue. They were into the third act and everything was going extremely well. Then there was the attack by Rupert’ she had dialed and thrown her phone twice before, but tonight it was Molly’s sister who answered the phone, called for help, and hurried to be there for her sister.

The change for Molly was feeling guilty that her big and perfect sister loved her and was there for her despite Molly’s mistakes that could have left Kayla feeling indifferent.

Some of the crowd had been there for dress rehearsal or the previous night’s performance. One other scenario had been played out. It made the play longer and even more dramatic. There were more crying as the final curtain went down. The final bows and flowers are presented to Ms. Hughes the director. Morgan and Deanne called for the stage staff to come out and take a bow. Samantha went and hugged Dan as he came out on stage. And he had a flower he gave to Samantha.

This was all in front of a standing ovation from the audience. Samantha was only one of many girls hugging one another.

Samantha was halfway into her changing for the After Party; when Ms. Hughes called her to meet with the media. Samantha yells back, “I need three minutes!” She rolls up her stockings, and asks Roxy’s help in zipping up her dress, as she puts on a pair of open-toe shoes. Roxy says, “You need help with your hair.”

Samantha says, “Don’t talk, help me.” Roxy scoots the comb into Sam’s hands. Samantha combs the remaining hairs to the side and sits down.

“Samantha, you called your best friend playing your big sister, how do you explain that?” asked a reporter. “And the two of you didn’t miss a beat.”

Sam looks to Deanne; “Besides Ms. Hughes coaching us, and falling into Kayla's arms it was natural for me to trust her. I had mixed feelings of guilt and relief churning inside. Someone said it showed on my face.”

Deanne said, “The real drama is played out by teens every day; the play portrays part of that. You pick three more plays, and not one will we have the chemistry like this one.”

The news reporter takes the focus back to Samantha. “You are transgender, but here you are one of the prettiest girls ready for the After Party. How do you explain that?”

“I’m not one of the prettiest, but my parents want me to be happy and celebrate tonight. I’ll never forget those I was in this play with. I played out my life with them.”

The reporter came up afterward and asked simply delightful questions about Samantha’s dress, complimented her pedicure, and asked if her parents were for real.

To be continued…

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos