The Guilty Are Always Caught Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version

The State Police turned down Katlain and her partner's request to use their helicopter. They were told they would need a court order to do what they wanted to do. Since that put a monkey wrench in Katlain’s plan. She had to come up with an alternate.

She calls her cousins to see if they might know someone to help her out. Joe watches as Katlain makes a few phone calls to see if she can find a pilot willing to help them out. They have already rearranged the plan some. Katalin was going to sneak in under the dark into the camp.

They were under the clock because Katlain would use the upcoming new moon for cover, with no moon out and her bodysuit totally black. She can sneak into the camp and cause chaos.

She didn’t have everything she’d need, but she could use what they had inside the camp. At the same time, she is waiting for her cousins to call her back. She and Joe go over the plan again and adjust it.

“You know, this old police station is coming in handy.” Katlain liked using an old police station as their staging area.

“It's too bad they shut this place down.” Joe had done some background information on the place.

At one time, Washington county had a police force and a sheriff department. However, due to budget cuts and corruption. The police force got shut down and the sheriff department took over their duties. Since the police station costs more to operate, they closed down and moved a lot of its equipment to the building the sheriff's department was based out of.

“I know. I might see if Washington County will sell it to me.” Katlain was thinking about what she could do with it.

“Do I want to know what you have in mind?” Joe knew Katlain owned several buildings.

“Nothing bad, I promise.”

Just as those words come out of Katlain’s mouth, her cell phone beeps, letting her know a text message just arrived. She looks at it and notices it is from her cousin. It was a name for a pilot for higher and the person's contact info.

Katlain looks at Joe. “Are you up to a road trip?”

“Sure, what’s up?” Joe was curious.

“My cousins came through on a pilot; we can higher.”

“Let’s go then.” Joe grabs his light jacket.

Sky High Air Service, Elbert County Airport – EBA, Elbert County, Georgia:
Lori was in her office trying to figure out how she would cover this month’s rent on her hangar. The job she had counted on to pay the rent. The clients backed out at the last minute.

Lori leans back in her office chair and takes a sip from her coffee cup. She still had her retirement check from the military in a few weeks. She rubs a spot on her leg where she had been injured while serving in the military.

She looks out towards the airfield and notices no one was coming or going. It was so quiet out there. She takes another sip from her coffee mug.
As Lori is watching the airfield. She notices a black SUV coming towards her hangar. She watches as it stops next to her Ford Explorer.

She notices the man getting out of the SUV. He was a middle-aged man wearing a light jacket, a light color polo shirt, and blue jeans. The young woman who got out of the SUV on the other side was wearing light-colored blouse and dress slacks. She watches as they walk towards the door.

Joe opens the door and walks in. When he enters the hangar, he notices that the person has a military Blackhawk, A smaller helicopter set for transporting important businessmen, and a small cargo transport plane.

“Looks like my cousins were right about this person.” Katlain spotted the planes in the hangar.

Joe looks at them as well. He had to admit that this person had a nice collection of planes. He follows Katlain into the office.

Lori puts her coffee cup down and stands up to greet the young woman and gentleman. A smile appears on her face. “Hello and welcome to Sky High Air Service. My name is Lori Summers, owner and pilot.”

Katlain and Joe look at the middle age young woman. She had short dark brown hair and different-colored eyes. Her left eye was emerald green, and her right eye was brown.

“Hi, I’m Officer Zane, and this is my partner, Officer Young. We want to hire you, if you’re available.”

“I think I can accommodate you. What is the job that you would like to hire me for?” Lori was curious.

She has done jobs for the sheriff's department and the government. Since she was a helicopter pilot in the army, she had an advantage over most people.

“Can we go to your office and talk about it?” Katlain didn’t feel comfortable talking about it in the hangar.

“Sure. Please follow me.” Lori leads the two to her office.

Katlain and Joe follow Lori into her office. Lori grabs a folding chair from the corner and set it up for whomever. Afterwards, she walks around to her chair and sit.

“I’ll take the folding chair.” Katlain sits down on the folding chair and looks at Lori.

Out of the corner of her eye she watches as Joe sits down in the other chair. She turns her attention to Mrs. Summer “I would like to hire you, Mrs. Summer to do a snitch and grab from a militia camp.”

“I thought you said you were police officers?” Lori eyes narrow as she looks at Katlain.

“We are. Were from a special division inside the Augusta Police Department. If you want to verify our credentials, here is the number to our commanding officer.” Katlain hands a clear business card she had made with their commanding officer name and phone number. Not only was
the card clear, but it sent a scan of the person’s fingerprint to her cell phone and he could use it to listen to what the person was saying within distance to the card.

Lori accepts the card and looks at the number. She dials the number and within a few seconds she is able to get the commander. A number appears on the card and she has to read it back.

After verifying Katlain and her partner's identity. She hands the card back to Katlain.

“I’ve never seen anything like that before.”

“It’s something new our department is trying out. As I said, we would like to hire you to fly us over a militia training camp.”

“Mrs. Zane, there are at least three survival training camps in the Washington area. Which one are you speaking about?” Lori knew there were at least three survival training camps from transporting supplies.

“This one.” As Katlain shows aerial footage of the place.

Joe was watching Lori and noticed some of her military photos on the walls of her office. He noticed that she had been a member of the 76th Helicopter Squadron. He knew that the group did rescue missions and special Op’s missions.

“He had been a member of the 21st Special Operations Squadron.”

Lori looked at the aerial of the place and didn’t recognize it. She noticed the GPS coordinates and typed them into her computer. She had a navigation app to give her the distance between her and the area's terrain. Plus, she could access Google Earth Maps to get a picture of the area.

She brings up the images and notices that someone has done a lot of work to conceal the area from the sky. She knew the place had been an old campground in the past. Hell, she went there when she was just a little girl.

Lori turns her attention back to the young woman “why are you so interested in this area and who are you trying to apprehend?”

“A person who is wanted for trying to kill his classmate back in Virginia.” Katlain wasn’t going to go into details.

Lori looks at both people sitting in front of her. This was going to be a tricky snitch and grab. She figures they would try to shoot her down if she hovered to long over the camp.

“How are you planning on going about apprehending this person?”

“Before I answer that question. Are you willing to accept the job?” Katlain had been watching Lori’s reaction.

“Depends on how dangerous it is. My helicopters aren’t armor, or equipped with weapons to fight back. So, I need to know more about this snitch and grab.” Lori didn’t feel like being in another crash.

She barely survived the last one she was in. She still has nightmares about it.

“Fine here’s the plan.” Katlain figures she’ll need to explain everything to Mrs. Summer.

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not Good Odds

BarbieLee's picture

A snatch and grab from an armed camp without full military backup? Going to need more than skill. A truck load of luck would be handy to have for this operation.
Hugs LadyDragon623
Barb
The end of a journey begins with the first step.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl