Wannabe: The College Years Chap. 14

Printer-friendly version

The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States:
No no no no
No no no no
Now listen little child, there will come a day
When you will be able, able to say
Never mind the pain, or the aggravation
You know there's a better way for you and me to be
Look for the rainbow in every storm
Fly like an angel, heaven sent to me

Goodbye my friend
I know you're gone, you said you're gone
But I can still feel you here
It's not the end
Gotta keep it strong
Before the pain turns into fear
So glad we made it
Time will never change it, no no no
No no no no

Emma, Reggie, Peter, Michelle, and Terry bow to the crowd and wave goodbye as they leave the stage. All the girls couldn’t believe they were done for the weekend. Their contract had been for a two-day show, and they had just finished their second show.

When they return to their dressing room, Emma flops onto the sofa and sips from a flavored water bottle. She loved the flavored water they had available to them.

“Do we have to go back to England tomorrow?” Emma looks over towards Ginger Spice/ Peter.

“Unfortunately, yes. You have a class on Tuesday.’

“I know, but it’s so much fun here.” Emma loved Las Vegas.

Michelle looks at Emma “You want to stay because you won at the slots this morning.”

“Well, that’s one of the reasons, but not the whole reason.” Emma had gotten lucky on the slot machine she had played earlier in the morning.

“What’s the true reason, then?” Peter looks at Emma. He knew her better than all the other girls.

“This place is so magical, and I understand what everyone is saying. You have no idea what it is like in school listening to everyone speaking English there and using British slang. I have no idea what they are saying half the time.”

“Don’t you have a British accent?” Terry looks at Emma when she asks that question.

“Yeah, I have had it since waking up from my coma.” Emma was surprised when she spoke with a British accent.

“You were in a coma before?” Michelle looks at Emma with a surprised look on her face.

“Yeah, when I was in high school, I was on the pep squad. During one of my high school football games, I was tackled by a few football players
on the sideline and sent to the hospital. When I came too after being in a coma for two weeks. I started speaking with a British accent. I was practicing sounding like my idol, but since the accident, I always sounded like her, accent and all.” Emma’s parents had been surprised.

“Isn’t there a medical term for that?” Reggie looks at Emma for a second as she takes her makeup off.

“Yeah, but I don’t remember what they called it.” Emma finishes her drink and walks over to her spot at the makeup table. She tosses the empty bottle into the recycling bin.

“I’ll see if we can catch a later flight.” Peter wanted to stay a little longer as well. There were a few drag queens that she knew that lived in Las Vegas.

When Emma woke up the next morning, she was excited that Peter had managed to talk their tour manager into getting them a few more days. The entertainment manager had arranged for them to return in a few months in exchange for the extra few days.

Emma and the rest of the girls explore the strip. They also get a private tour of the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, where Pawn Stars is filmed. They meet the staff and take a few selfies with them.

Since all the girls play musical instruments, they buy a few to take back to England with them.

That’s what set them apart from the real Spice Girls. All of them could play musical instruments and sing. They could come up with their own music as well.

After visiting the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, they watch some of the street performers, like a few different performers of Elvis impersonators. They catch Shawn Klush, the world’s Greatest Elvis Impersonator show.

They have lunch at one of the high-end restaurants that their manager had arranged for them. After lunch, the girls split up and did some shopping and such. Reggie visits The Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Peter catches a cab and goes to visit some friends that live in Las Vegas. Emma goes and visits the Luxor Hotel, where they have artifacts from the Titanic at.

She was surprised that no one realized who she was. Because out of all the members of their group, she was the easiest to spot. She relaxes as she looks at the exhibits. She was enjoying the exhibits and could only imagine what the passengers went through on that night.

The story of the musicians that stayed behind and continued playing, while the ship was sinking. That took a lot of nerve to do. She doesn’t know if she could do something like that. Tears slide down her cheeks as she looks at the photos of some of the people who had drowned or froze to death that terrible night.

When Emma leaves, she is upset. She stops and buys shave ice from a vendor. The guy who sold it to her was cute and just a few years older than her. She would never cheat on Mickey, but she had to admit the guy was cute.

She buys a few souvenirs to take back to England. She also buys a few things for Mickey as well. She has a custom t-shirt made for him. By the time she reaches her hotel room, she was exhausted. She enjoyed her day, but the heat was another thing. She orders room service and takes a nice relaxing bath afterward.

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos