Wannabe: The College Years Chap. 11

Printer-friendly version

Emma looks at the two new women replacing Frankie and Kevin. She had to modify Frankie’s and Kevin’s old costumes for the new ladies. Terry was a genetic girl that looked so similar to the original Posh Spice girl, that it was uncanny. The other girl that was hired to replace Kevin/ Scary Spice just needed a little makeup and a wig to look like Mel B. She had the same build and similar looks. She even replicated Mel B’s voice as well.

“Are you ladies ready for this weekend's performance?” Emma looks at Michelle as she adjusts the costume.

Michelle and Terry couldn’t believe when they arrived at the house that Baby Spice was standing before them. They thought they were seeing the real Baby Spice.

“I’m a little nervous. How big is the venue we are singing at?” Michelle looks down at Emma as she adjusted the costume she was wearing.

“Large. We are playing at one of the original venues where the real Spice Girls played at. So, have to be on point and react as they do.” Emma stands up after adjusting the costumes on both women.

“What happens if we get nervous?” Terry looks at Emma as stood nearby.

“Don’t worry, we’re pairing you ladies up with the rest of us. Just follow our lead and you’ll do fine.” A smile appears on Emma’s face.

“How long have you been dressing and acting like Baby Spice, Emma?” Terry was curious about her and the others in the group.

“Since high school. I’m a diehard Spice Girl fan.” Emma fluffs her hair with one hand.

“Did you have surgery to look like Emma Bunton?” Both of the new women were curious about that.

“Nope, I just happened to be born with similar looks as Mrs. Bunton. When I was little, my parents started to notice how I looked. It didn’t take me long to see that I looked like one of my favorite singers.”

“I bet that made you excited.” Terry could tell how much Emma looked like the real Spice Girl.

“You have no idea. I should have your costumes ready by the time we perform this weekend.”

“Do you do all the costume work and such?” Michelle noticed Emma’s workroom.

“Yes, and I do all the choreography as well.”

“You do?” Michelle was surprised at that statement.

“Yes, so if there is something you want to know about the Spice Girls or a particular way they move or gesture. I’m the person you would ask. I
know everything about them.” Emma was a walking, talking, encyclopedia of the Spice Girls.

“Wow! So, you’re the one that makes sure we do things right.” Terry looks at Emma when she says that.

“Yep, but Peter is the leader of this group. So, what Peter says, goes.”

“Peter is the Ginger Spice, right?” Michelle was still getting used to everyone.

“Yep, and Reggie is Sporty Spice. As for me, it's hard not to see who I am.” A big smile appears on Emma’s face.

“Do the Spice Girls mind us impersonating them?” Michelle was curious about the group.

“We’re the only Spice Girl impersonators that they endorse. And because we are the only group they endorse, we have to be more careful about
how we represent them when we are in public. That’s why when we leave here, everyone is dressed as their character and we stay in character until we get home. We never break character at all. So, you need to study everything we have on each Spice Girl.”

“How about when we go to parties and such?” Michelle was curious about that.

“If it’s as our character, then you stay in character. If it's just us and a few friends or people we know, then you can be yourself.” Emma knew it
was hard sometimes to separate the two.

“How do you handle being addressed as Baby Spice or Emma Bunton?” Terry looks at Emma when she asks that question.

“I’m used to it. The thing is, people know there is a difference between me and Mrs. Bunton. I look like her in her younger years when she first
joined the Spice Girls. All of us do and they don’t mind it.” Emma knew the real Emma Bunton wanted her to be more than just a copy of her.

“Now, let’s practice some dance steps and see what we need to work on.” Emma puts some music on for Terry and Michelle to dance to.

up
65 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A stressful job

Samantha Heart's picture

To learn how a person does thing in a short amount of time. If anyone can do it it's Emma.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.