The Angels: Rodeo Tour Chap. 11

Printer-friendly version

The Show Place Arena, Prince George's County, Maryland:
“This song is for all you cowgirls out there.” Angela gives Cassady a head nod.

Her daddy gave her first pony
Then told her to ride
She climbed high in that saddle
Feel I don't know how many times
He taught her a lesson that she learned
Maybe a little too well
Cowgirls don't cry

Ride, baby, ride
Lessons in life are going to show you in time
Soon enough, you're gonna know why
It's gonna hurt every now and then
If you fall, get back on again
Cowgirls don't cry

The Angels sing the song in their style since it belonged to Brook & Dunn. They have been getting some requests from their fans to sing some popular songs and this one had meaning to every woman out in the audience. For one particular girl in the audience, this song meant a lot to her.

Her home life wasn’t the greatest and she was doing everything she could to bare it. She was lucky that she knew some of the vendors at the rodeo and managed to come along to help. She had to get away from her abusive uncle. The man didn’t like her very much and since he was given custody of her, she had to do what he said to a certain degree.

He and his wife didn’t care what she did or where she went. The main reason they didn’t care, was because of her lifestyle. Still, she wishes her parents were still alive. They died in a plane crash with some business associates on their way back from a business meeting. The Lear Jet they were traveling in, was struck by lightning during a storm.

They were on final approach at the private airport they flew out of when a huge lightning bolt struck the aircraft and caused it to explode. She had been waiting for them to land so, she could drive them home when she saw the plane explode and turn into a huge fireball. The days afterward leading up to the funeral of her parents had been a blur. The only thing that managed to make it bearable was the song the Angels were playing.

Montana wipes the tears away as they fall from her eyes and slide down her cheek. She closes her eyes as the song cause the memory of that day to surface. She tries not to cry anymore or relive that memory.

She wipes the tears away a final time as the song ends. Montana knew the Angels were going to sign autographs. She wanted to get the poster she bought signed and see if they wouldn’t mind doing a selfie with her.

She manages to make her way to where the Angels were sitting to sign autographs. She waits in the long line and as she approaches them, she noticed all five women were there. She was next in line to talk with them.

Cassady couldn’t believe how many people were waiting in line to get their autographs or take selfies with them. She had to agree that Cynthia was right that they should meet their fans. They had a lot of them. One girl in line caught her attention. She seemed to be excited and sad at the same time. She has seen that look before and wondered why the girl was feeling that way.

Montana makes her way up to the Angels “Hi, I was wondering if you ladies wouldn’t mind signing my poster and taking a selfie with me, please?”

Angela could see that this meant a lot to the young girl. A smile appears on her face “Sure, we won’t mind.”

All the ladies gather around the girl and have Cynthia snap a few photos for them. They take several pictures together and individually and sign Montana’s poster. Personalized messages are written on the poster to Montana.

She looks at all the members “Thank you for signing my poster and writing such nice messages as well. You don’t know how much this means to me.” Tears start to leak from her eyes again.

Cassady walks over to her and hugs her. Something about the girl was pulling on her heartstrings.

“If you ever want to talk or need a shoulder to cry on. Just give me a call.” Cassady types her cell number into Montana’s cell phone.

“Thank you.”

“That goes double for us as well.” Angela smiles at the girl.

Later in the evening, the girls are having dinner on their tour bus. Cynthia looks at everyone “I got good news and some bad news for you girls.”

“What’s the bad news?” Angela was curious about what could be the bad news.

“The bad news is, we're almost at the end of our Rodeo tour. I still have a few gigs lined up for you ladies.”

“Okay, what’s the good news?” Cassady was curious.

“The good news is, the record company that holds you guys’ contract has lined up another tour for you out west. It’s going to be a six-month tour, that could turn into a world tour. If it does, you’ll be out on the road for a year or so. We also have several video shots and maybe an appearance in a country western movie lined up for you ladies as well.”

“How much time do we have between the start of the second tour?” Debbie was wondering what type of arrangements she might have to make.

“One month. Then after that, we start the tour.” Cynthia still had a few things to do.

“That will at least give us time to make arrangements.” Cassady didn’t know how she felt about spending a year on tour. She’ll have to put her car in storage and have someone look after her apartment.

“True.” Debbie was hoping to have some downtime.

“Will this be a problem, ladies?” Cynthia knew the record company worked hard to get them this deal.

“No, it’s not a problem.” Angela looks at everyone when she answers.

“Is there anything you ladies would like to ask?” Cynthia looks at everyone.

“Where is the movie being shot at?” Juni was curious about that.

“In Hawaii at a studio by the name of Island Productions.”

“Oh, Boy! Hawaii. That should be fun. They have real cowboys there.” Jessie couldn’t wait to go to Hawaii.

“Look, it's still being hashed out, but so far, it's sounding good. I think it will be a big boost for you ladies.” Cynthia hopes they get the gig.

“Cool.”

up
57 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Maybe Montana

Samantha Heart's picture

Could Join the group. Maybe in a support role or if she can sing or play maybe something more. As for everything else.... It's going to be hard to get everything arranged especially Cassady with her car & apartment.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.