The Angels: Rodeo Tour Chap. 9

Printer-friendly version

“God, what day is it?” Cassady sits up rubbing her eyes trying to wake up.

“I think it's Friday.” Jessie turns around to face her cousin.

They had gotten in late from the rodeo they had played at. Instead of staying on their tour bus, Cynthia sprung for a nice hotel room for the group. They were worn out from playing two gigs back-to-back and doing a rodeo several days later.

They currently had a week's break before having to go and play another rodeo. So, Cynthia got them a hotel room so they could relax and recharge their batteries. Four of the girls were sharing a room. Cynthia and Juni were sharing a room with the guys.

Cynthia could have gotten a room by herself, but she wanted to save money. So, she got a suite for herself, Juni, and the guys. The guys didn’t mind sharing a room, the suite had enough rooms for the four of them.

Cassady stumbles towards the bathroom and does her morning business. She recently discovered that she was suffering from a UTI and got some medicine to cure it. Her cousin had to show her how to treat it since this was the first time she has ever had a UTI.

After finishing her business and putting on her swimsuit. She grabs a cup of coffee before leaving the hotel room. She drinks it on her way to the pool area.

No one was down at the pool when she entered. She finishes her coffee and finds a nice lounge she likes. There was sunshine coming in through the glass windows that protected the place and kept the area at a nice temperature. Since no one was using the pool currently, she dives in and does a few laps. It was nice to get off the tour bus and stretch her limbs.

As she is swimming, she spots a young man watching her. He didn’t look like an employee just wearing a pair of tight Speedo’s and showing off the various tattoos covering his body. A smile forms on her face as she swims back and forth.

Tony had come down to enjoy the pool. He was on vacation and just wanted to relax. Things have been hectic in his life and he needed a break from it. A smile appeared on his face when he walked into the pool area and spotted a cute young woman swimming in the pool.

He watches as she swims back and forth in the pool. He spotted the tour bus parked out in the parking lot last night when it arrived. He wonders if she was with the people who had checked in. He walks over to a lounger and set his towel on it. He slips his slippers off and walks over to the deep end and dives into the water.

Cassady heard the young man as he dived into the pool. It took her some getting used to when she first walked into the water. She stops at the shallow end and watches him. She wonders why he had so many tattoos covering his body and what he did.

Tony spotted the woman watching him as he did a lap. He had to admit she had a nice figure. Too bad she was wearing a one-piece swimsuit. He would have liked to see what she looked like in a tiny two-piece.

Cassady does a few more laps, before getting out of the pool and walking over to the lounger she claimed for herself. She dries off and lay down on it. She was finally feeling relaxed after swimming. She watches the guy as he swam. She liked his technique and how he turned when he got to the end of the pool.

She notices his strokes were even and well-placed as he swam. She kept watching him and wonders what he did and why he had so many tattoos. She pulls her Kindle out and starts reading a story.

Tony does a few more laps before he gets out and walks over to his lounger. He noticed while he was swimming that the young woman had watched him for a while. He wonders who she was as he dries off.

After drying off, he walks over to her. He wonders what she did.

“Excuse me, but have I seen you before?” Tony looks at the young woman.

Cassady puts her Kindle down and looks at the young man. She should get used to this “Have you been to any rodeos, lately?”

“Not recently. Do you perform at them?” Tony sits down on the lounger next to the woman.

“You could say that. I’m with the Angels.” Cassady watches him.

“The Angels? Is that a band or something?” Tony has never heard of them.

“Yes, we’re an all-female country western band. We perform at the Rodoes and a few bars. You should come and hear us perform.”

“I might do that. When are you playing?” Tony wouldn’t mind hearing them sing. He wasn’t a country Western music lover, but this woman was cute.

“We’re playing at the Broken Spoke this weekend. If you're interested in listening to us. We’ll be there.”

“I’ll have to check it out. So, is there any chance of me getting your name?” Tony wanted to know more about this woman.

“Sure, but you have to give me yours first.” A teasing smile appears on Cassady’s face.

“Tony, Tony MacKenzie.”

“Well, it's nice to meet you, Tony. I’m Cassady McCloud. I don’t know if you like Country music, but I think you’ll like what we play.”

“We’ll see. So, what instrument do you play or are you the singer?”

“No, I’m the drummer. I like to bang on things. What do you do, Tony?” Cassady was watching Tony.

“I’m a mechanic. Where you like to bang on things. I like to tinker with things.”

“Me too. I use tow rok for an auto parts store and most of the men in the store didn’t like dealing with me, because I knew more about cars than they did.”

“Really? What may you want to give that up?” Tony couldn’t believe his luck.

“The people I worked with. Plus, I like playing music and traveling.” Cassady enjoyed what she was doing.

“Is your group from here?” Tony was curious.

“Nope, we’re from down south.”

“How many members are in the band you are in?”

“There’s five of us. Our lead singer is part owner of the band.” Cassady knew Angela worked hard for the band.

“I’m going to have to meet them.”

“Since you know a little about me. How about you tell me something about you?” Cassady gives him a sweet smile.

“Okay.”

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

She may not like it.

Samantha Heart's picture

Who knows though. The tatoos some could be prission tats.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.