The Witch Hunt Chapter 07

Printer-friendly version

That evening, at the dinner table, Zoe told her parents about the breast cancer awareness club's fundraiser, and her and Miles' plan to get in Skylar's good graces by selling a lot of shirts and other items.

"That sounds like a good plan," Zoe's dad said when she'd finished explaining.

"Yeah," said Zoe. "Will you guys buy anything?"

"Sure, we can get a couple of bows," her mom answered.

"Great," said Zoe. She pulled out her order form and wrote her parents' names on it, along with the number of bows they'd be getting. "Is there anyone else I should try selling to?"

"Maybe Grandma Nancy," her mom answered. "Or Aunt Lacey and Uncle Wilbur."

"That's a good idea," said Zoe.

"Or you could try going door-to-door," her dad suggested.

Zoe frowned. As Zack, he'd gone door-to-door selling stuff for Boy Scout fundraisers, and it hadn't been much fun. But now, under these circumstances, there didn't seem to be much choice. "I guess so," she said.

***

Outside of a few phone calls with her relatives to get them to buy bows, ribbons, and T-shirts, Zoe's weekend was pretty uneventful. But things changed when she went to school on Monday, and saw Brittany in Fifth Period once again.

"Hi Zoe," Brittany said when she walked into class. She was wearing a tank top and short shorts today, and her hair was dyed completely blue.

"Hey Brittany," said Zoe. "Your hair looks...different."

"Oh yeah," Brittany said, tossing a strand of hair over her shoulder. "I dye it every once in a while."

"Cool," said Zoe. She'd observed it over the last year while crushing on Brittany, but Brittany wasn't to know this.

"You're in the breast cancer awareness club, right?"

"Right."

"I heard you guys are selling T-shirts."

"Yeah, we are. Want to buy one?"

"I already bought one from Skylar Gregson," said Brittany.

"Oh." Zoe silently cursed Skylar's name. "Well...thanks for supporting our club." She pulled out her phone and saw that she had a text from Miles. The text read "Zoe, bad news! Someone got a video of you in the locker room and put it on TikTok!"

Zoe's heart missed several beats. "Oh no," she gasped.

"What?" Brittany asked.

Zoe ignored Brittany. She opened up the TikTok app on her phone and looked at the trending videos. To her horror, the topmost video was of her changing her clothes in the P. E. locker room last Friday. Whoever had taken the video zoomed right in on her body, trying to get in her boobs, her waist, and her ass.

"No, no, no!" said Zoe. "Someone snuck into the locker room last Friday and got a video of me and put it online!"

"What?" Brittany pulled out her own phone and looked on TikTok. When she saw the video, her face flushed red with anger. "No," she said.

"I knew it!" Zoe groaned. "I knew I heard someone hiding in one of the lockers!"

"You heard someone?"

"I thought I did. I thought I'd just imagined it, but I guess not!"

"Something's gotta be done," said Brittany. "That asshole who took that video has to pay for what he did."

"He?"

"It was probably a boy," said Brittany. "Who else would be zooming in on your sexy body like that?"

"Yeah," Zoe agreed. But then she put her phone down and sighed. "But I don't even know who it was."

"You think it was that guy Miles Raxton that you're always hanging around?" Brittany asked.

Zoe choked. "Miles would never do something like this!" she said.

"You sure?"

"Of course!"

"Well, if you say so," Brittany said with a shrug.

***

Zoe thought she'd been paranoid last Friday when she was on her period, but it was nothing compared to this. Now that she knew there was a stalker snooping around the girls' locker room, she couldn't shake the feeling that he might get a video of her in her underwear again. "Hey Avery," Zoe said as the girls all went into the locker room, "Did you see-"

"Yes, I saw the video," said Avery. "Sorry that that happened."

"Do you think whoever got that video will strike again?"

"I hope not."

Zoe looked around. "Well, if Skylar knows-"

"Skylar's not here today," said Avery.

"Wait, what?"

"She's home sick. I overheard some of her friends talking about it."

"Oh."

"But they were talking about you and that video," said Avery. "It sounded like they felt sorry for you."

"They did?"

"Yeah."

"That's...weird." Although Skylar had been pretty nice with Zoe and Miles thus far, Zoe had long assumed it was just a front for the heartless witch she really was. But if Skylar and her cronies were sharing pity for Zoe...well, clearly Skylar didn't realize Zoe was one of her victims!

Suddenly, Zoe heard it again-the banging from inside one of the lockers. "Oh, I don't think so!" Zoe said through clenched teeth. She started going down the line of lockers and throwing them open, determined to find the boy who'd taken the video of her changing and posted it online. After a dozen tries, Zoe finally opened a locker to find a sophomore boy hunched inside the locker.

"You!" Zoe growled. She recognized the boy, too-he was Ralph Samson. Zoe had, as Zack, shared an art class with him last year. Zoe grabbed Ralph by the collar and pulled him out to face her. "Who do you think you are, sneaking into the locker room to take videos of us changing?"

Ralph was so shocked at having been discovered, he could hardly speak. "I...I wanted to get views!" he said. "People like seeing naked girls, so-"

Zoe slapped Ralph across the face. "Well, girls don't like people seeing them naked," she said.

"Look, I'm sorry!" Ralph protested. "My friends suggested-" All of a sudden, his voice cracked. "What the-"

Zoe's eyes widened. Had Ralph's voice...just gotten more feminine?

Zoe and Avery watched as Ralph lost several inches in height, and his hair started to grow out. His face rounded, his nose shrank, and his faint Adam's Apple disappeared. A pair of B cup boobs formed on his chest, and his waist pinched inward. His butt cheeks swelled like a pair of balloons, and the lump in his crotch faded to nothing.

"Oh my gosh," Avery gasped. "He's turning into a girl!"

"What?" girl Ralph asked. She was staring down in amazement at her new feminine body. "But-but how did this happen?" She watched as her clothes adjusted themselves and became more feminine.

"Yeah, what's going on?" another girl asked. The rest of the girls had gathered to watch what was going on, and they were staring in amazement at Ralph having turned into a girl.

"Is that Ralph Samson?"

"More like Ruby Samson," another girl said.

"What-no!" said Ralph (or Ruby?). "I can't be a girl! I can't..." Before she knew it, she was starting to cry. She turned and ran out of the locker room with everyone else watching.

"What just happened?" another girl asked.

"I think I know," Zoe said to herself.

***

"So Mr. Ralph Samson is now Miss Ruby Samson," said Mr. Al.

"Yes, he-or she-is," said Zoe. After the fiasco in the locker room at school, the Interstellar High staff had freaked out. They'd called the police and sent Ralph/Ruby to the hospital, where she was declared 100% female. The media was freaking out over this apparently magic gender change, but Zoe wasn't gonna have a part of it just yet. She and Avery had gotten together with Miles and went straight back to the foster home to fill Mr. Al in on what happened.

"It was Skylar," said Miles. "There's no other explanation."

"I think you might be right," Mr. Al said grimly.

"But it doesn't make sense," said Zoe. "Avery said Skylar was out sick today, so-"

"The video Ralph posted started going viral yesterday, didn't it?" said Mr. Al. "And according to your story, Skylar and her friends saw the video and felt pity for you."

"Well...I wasn't there to see it, but yes," said Zoe.

"This is the textbook case of what witches do," said Mr. Al. "When a boy sneaks into a girls' bathroom or locker room for less than honorable reasons, the witches put a curse on that room to magically change any male who enters into a female. That seems to have been the case here."

"Then our mission is accomplished!" said Zoe. "We needed proof that Skylar was a witch, and this proves it."

"Not necessarily," said Mr. Al. "There are a lot of other girls at Interstellar High."

"But the witch we're looking for-you said you'd killed her parents, and she'd gotten away, so the girl responsible for all this has to be adopted-"

"-which she does," said Mr. Al. "But we must be absolutely sure it was Skylar before we go in for the kill."

"How is this incident not proof?" Zoe asked. "We know Skylar saw the video and got mad, so she went into the locker room and put a curse on it."

"Suspecting and knowing are not the same thing," said Mr. Al. "What we need is indisputable evidence that Skylar cursed your school's bathroom and locker room."

At this point, Zoe was getting annoyed. "So what do you want us to do? Get Skylar to trust us enough to just tell us she's a witch?"

"That is easier said than done," said Mr. Al. "But if you catch her in the act of transforming a boy, or putting a curse on a place, then that's all we need. For now, you must concentrate on getting on Skylar's good side."

"Oh yeah, about that," said Miles. "Did you hear that the breast cancer awareness club started its fundraiser?"

"Yes, I did hear," said Mr. Al. "It sounds like you're selling T-shirts and ribbons?"

"Yep. Want to buy some?"

Mr. Al grinned. "Thought you'd never ask," he said.

To be continued...

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This story has been fun to read

Julia Miller's picture

Now is Skylar a witch? That’s the big question. Yet another boy has been turned into a girl, but you could say it was just punishment for him taking videos of Zoe changing. Is Skylar really that bad? She is only letting the boys who prey on women or the creeps who sneak into women-only areas change into girls. And what is so terrible about changing into a girl? It’s a lot cheaper this way than to transition to one.

Perhaps not Skylar

I'm not so sure it's really Skylar who's responsible. There is a common presence at both transformations who isn't Skylar after all and the timing of this transformation is interesting.

Regardless, Mr. Al is right that they need evidence that eliminates reasonable doubt which they definitely do not yet have.

Skylar

If she's home "sick" it could mean that the spell drained her badly or that she wants to make sure that she has an alibi. And "Ralph" can take all the looks he, umm, she wants. >:->
Though that punishment might be a bit harsh, because it's not reversible (or is it?).

Thx for another nice chapter^^