Blue Lace Chp. 16

Printer-friendly version

“Be careful of those chemicals.” Felica spin kicks a tattoo person that was near her.

“Easier said than done.” Aurora fires at another guy that was firing at her. The bastard was taking cover near some barrels of chemicals.

She waits for the person to pop up to fire at her. A bullet hits past her on the left-hand side of her body and strikes the table behind her. It shatters a glass container and the contents of the container splash onto her back.

She fires at the guy that is hiding behind the barrels. She puts one bullet right between his eyes. She moves on to the next perp and shoots him.

Kenzie spots Felica going hand-to-hand with several heavy tattoo men. Aurora was busy with several men as well. And she looks at the four men she just took down. She was told that they needed to keep the chemist alive.

She moves forward looking for a chemist. She managed to get a description as soon as they entered the building. She looks around for the person. Several guys try to stop her, but she just shoots them or throws throwing knives into their chests.

After the meeting, she had with Aurora and Felica several weeks ago. All of them got outfitted with new suits and weapons. Felica’s benefactor even outfitted the building they met in to be used as their headquarters.

The suits were custom-made for each woman. They were made of the same material as Felica’s. Which has come in handy lately. Because these past few weeks have been very busy for them. They took down several locations that were holding recently turned women.

Each time they took down one of the locations. They got a small piece of the puzzled where the drugs were being made. They had to move because word of their attacks and takedown of the process and holding centers were getting out to the gang members.

Kenzie looks for the chemist and finds her cowering in a corner of a supply room. She was a red-haired woman that looked like she was in her mid-twenties. There was a collar going around her neck, that had small black block modules.

“What is that thing around your neck?’ Kenzie wonders why the young woman was wearing it.

Francine looks up at the woman who just spoke to her. She noticed the woman was wearing a form-fitting bodysuit, some sort of hi-tech visor, and a special design utility belt with a gun holster on each hip.

“Who are you?” Francine has never seen anyone dressed like this woman was.

“Someone trying to stop what is going on.” Kenzie looks into Francine’s eyes and could tell she was scared and had been abused.

Kenzie kneels in front of Francine “look, I promise nothing bad is going to happen to you. All me and my friends want to do is put a stop to this mess. Too many innocent people are being hurt by this drug.”

Francine was scared and didn’t know what to do. She remembered what happened to the person she replaced. She didn’t want to go out that way.

“I can’t tell you anything. I don’t want to die.”

“Look, I and my friends can protect you. No one will be able to hurt you. Look, I’ll prove it.” Kenzie reaches for the collar around the woman’s neck.

“NO! Don’t.” Francine tries to move away from Kenzie as she reaches for the collar around her neck.

Kenzie stops when Francine moves away from her. She noticed how nervous Francine got when she tried to touch it.

“Look, I can remove that thing from your neck.”

“You can’t touch it. If it's tampered with, it will blow my head off. I can’t even leave this building without it disarmed.” Francine was shown what would happen to her if someone tamper with it or if she went outside the building.

“Look, I promise I can remove that collar without it going off. Let me look at it.” Kenzie starts reaching for the collar.

Francine smacks Kenzie’s hand away from her neck. She didn’t want to risk it going off.

“No! Leave me alone.”

Kenzie palms a quarter-size disk into her hand and flicks it onto Francine’s neck. She watches as a blue glow emits from it. The next thing she notices is Francine passing out.

“I love these disks.” Kenzie catches Francine’s unconscious body.

She stands up with Francine’s body in her arms as she heads back to where Aurora and Felica are. She could hear that the fighting had stopped. She carries Francine’s unconscious body into the area where they are standing.

“I’ve found the chemist, but we have a problem.”

“What’s that?” Felica knocks a guy unconscious as she looks over towards Kenzie.

“She’s wearing an explosive collar around her neck. Whoever is financing or running this site. They don’t want her running off or talking to anyone.” Kenzie lays Francine’s unconscious body on a table.

“Do you think you can disarm it?” Felica and Aurora walk over to where Kenzie was standing.

“I don’t know yet, but I should be able to.” Kenzie taps the side of her new hi-tech goggles and scans the collar.

She gets the layout of how the collar is wired and what frequency it operates on. She gets the whole build of the collar.

“It won’t be easy, but I can disarm it.” Kenzie has never seen anything so complex before.

“Do you want to do it here or back at headquarters?” Felica walks over to look at the woman to whom the collar was attached.

She takes her cellphone out and takes a picture of the woman. She sends the picture to her sister back at the mountain complex. She needs to have their new facilities manned by a computer specialist. That way they could run their stuff. She’ll have to talk to her mother about that.

“I’m going to have to do it here. There’s a radio signal that surrounds this building and if she steps outside of here. Pop goes the weasel.”
Kenzie didn’t want to see that happen to the woman.

Kenzie takes a small tool kit off her utility belt to use it to disarm the collar. She had to be careful, because of how the wires were ingrained into the material of the collar. The whole collar had a backup circuit to prevent it from being bypassed.

Kenzie manages to circumvent the circuit, but it was still armed. Even right now, it could be remotely activated to explode.

“I have good news and I have bad news. As Kenzie lifts the collar off Francine’s neck.”

“What’s the good news?” Aurora watches as Kenzie holds the collar up.

“Well, like you see. I’ve managed to disarm the collar and remove it. The bad news is, it’s still armed, and if we try to remove it from here.”

“Pop goes the weasel.” Aurora finishes the statement for Kenzie.

“Well, I guess we are just going to have to set it off, then.” Felica takes the collar and tosses it out of a nearby window. As soon as it gets a few feet from the building, it explodes.

“Someone has been watching the Running Man movie too much.” Aurora uses to love the movie.

“It could have been an electroshock collars like they use on dogs.” Felica has seen some crooks use those.

“Well, at least we have a chemist now. Maybe she can shed some light on how everything goes together and why they are doing this.” Felica
knew her sister will be happy to have a chemist to help her put together the formula this gender changing drug were made.

“How soon will the cleanup crew be here?” Aurora wonders how long they will have to wait for pickup.

“Hopefully, not long.” Felica was hoping the team would be here soon to take these fellows to the interrogation center.

While the three ladies were waiting for the clean up crew to arrive. Felica looks around the place. She was going to need Rat to come by and grab the weapons she finds. There was also a bunch of cellphones and other electronics.

She sends a message to Rat to come by to grab everything.

up
134 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good news is they have the chemist

Samantha Heart's picture

Obviously she was forced to do what these people wanted with the explosive collar around her neck. At least now its disarmed for good & no one was killed or injured in the process except the bad guys, but I think most are just unconscious. Now Aurora needs decontaminated due to chemicals splashing on her back. Now to get everyone where they need to be.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.