The Heaviness Of The Badge Chp. 21

Printer-friendly version

Julia’s Hospital Room:
Haylee, Chayton, Catori stands next to Julia’s hospital bed. Christmas and Debbie were standing behind them. The kids wanted to see their mother, so Jack sent two members from Alpha team to protect his grandchildren.

Haylee looks up at Christmas “is mom going to be, okay?”

“Yes, your mom will be fine.” Debbie knew how much Julia’s kids love her.

“Are you sure, grandma?” Chayton turns to look at his grandmother.

“Chayton, if there is one thing your mother is, is that she never gives up. She’ll fight tooth and nail to remain here for you kids.” Debbie knew Julia will never give up on anything. Her children meant the world to her.

“They wouldn’t let Sphinx into the hospital.” Haylee knew Sphinx wanted to come in.

“He scares the staff, sweetie. They don’t know him like you.” Christmas knows how close Haylee is to all the animals on the ranch.

Sphinx was extremely close to Julia, and he didn’t like being separated from her. He has been her protector since the beginning. If there was anyone that could help and protect Julia besides Jack, was Sphinx.

Haylee and Catori hug their mother. Both girls wanted their mother to wake up. Chayton grabs Julia’s hand and gives it a little squeeze “mom, please wake up.”

Julia squeezes Chayton’s hand. She didn’t want to let go of her son and could feel her daughters holding her.

“Grandma, mom is squeezing my hand.” Chayton looks at Debbie with tears sliding down his cheeks.

Debbie notices Julia squeezing her son’s hand. She looks at Julia’s eyes and notices they were trying to open. After a few seconds’ Julia’s eyes open.

“Nurse!” Debbie calls for the nurse that has been looking after her little girl.

“Mom!” Chayton squeezes Julia’s hand as the girls hug Julia tighter.

Cecil comes into the room and notices Julia’s children gathered around her. Her two girls and her son. None of Julia’s children look anything like her or Christmas. She figures Julia must have followed in her father’s footsteps by adopting children.

“Excuse me, kids. I need to help your mother.” Cecil notices that Julia was waking up from her coma.

She takes the tube that was going down Julia’s throat out and calms her down. She notices that there was panic in Julia’s eyes. She works quickly to calm Julia down and do what she needs to do.

“There, you should be fine now, Mrs. Bounty.” Cecil steps back and looks at Julia.

She was going to have a long road to recovery ahead of her. But knowing her father, she’ll have support from what she sees of her children and wife. She’ll have them as well.

“Why don’t I give you guys some privacy.” Cecil turns and walks out of the room.

Jack’s Interrogation Room:
Hatter presses the button on her cattle prod as she touches it to the groin area of the gang leader that went after Julia. She was told to get answers and she was going to get them.

“Now, I have some questions and I want answers.” Hatter touches Alonso’s groin area with her cattle prod.

Jester and Shade were watching Hatter as she tortured the poor guy. Jester never saw this side of Hatter before, and it was interesting watching her work. She wonders where Hatter learned to torture people.

After a while, Hatter had Alonso spilling his guts about everything. Also, whatever was in his stomach as well.

“You should had confess to us from the beginning.” Shade knew they weren’t done.

More screams could be heard from another area of the torture area. Jester was curious and decides to see what was going on. She follows the scream back to its source and notices Naeun and Sophia torturing a few gang members.

She stands there and watches as Naeun fingertip glows and touches the skin of the person. When her finger touches the skin, it causes the skin to turn red as she starts making a design. She’ll stop and ask the person a question and when they don’t answer, she starts up again.
It takes Naeun a few more tries, but the person starts talking. He tells her everything he knows.

“Okay, how did you do that?” Jester was curious.

“You wouldn’t believe her if she told you, Jester.” Sophia was still figuring everything out.

“Let me guess, Magic?” Jester looks at Sophia and Sophia’s wife.

“Bingo.” Sophia just smiles at Jester.

Jester just shakes her head and heads back to Hatter. She knew Hatter wanted to try out liquid nitrogen on one of the guys. She got a new toy and wanted to use it.

Pierre Soghanalian Jail Cell:
Pierre could hear the screaming coming from beyond the metal door separating where he was the others that had been taken. He could see the metal door open and the woman with the British accent comes walking in. She had a huge black and grey dog walking next to her.

Charlotte spots Mr. Soghanalian looking out from the jail cell he was in. She didn’t know her brother had jail cells hidden under the barn on his property.

“You look alive and alert, Mr. Soghanalian.” Charlotte stops in front of his cell.

“Where am I?” Pierre looks at Charlotte.

“You’re a guest at my brother’s ranch.”

“If I’m a guest, why am I in a jail cell?” Pierre looks at the blonde hair woman.

“Because you tried to kill his daughter. You’re lucky I want you alive, because other wised. You would be wolf chow right now. Isn’t that right, Texas?” Charlotte rubs Texas fur.

Pierre looks at the huge dog standing next to Charlotte and couldn’t believe that it was a wolf. There was no way that it was a wolf. He has seen wolves before, and they were not as big as this one.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m not going to let him eat you. You’re going back to England to stand trial for what you did.” A smile appears on Charlotte’s face.

“You can’t do that. I’m not a citizen of England.”

“Oh, trust me. We can and we will. Now, before we head back, I have some questions for you. If you refuse to answer me. I’m going to let Texas into your cell and you’ll get to see how powerful his jaws are.” Charlotte wasn’t above using her brother’s technique.

“You can’t do that.” Pierre looks at Charlotte.

“Oh, I can, and I will.” An evil smile appears on Charlotte’s face.

Mr. Soghanalian’s face goes pale as the look on Charlotte’s face turns sinister. He couldn’t believe she would do it.

“Now, shall we begin?” Charlotte takes her cellphone out to record her conversation.

Outside On Jack’s Property:
Bella was walking around outside with Lobo exploring Mr. Bounty’s property. All the other members of Mr. Bounty’s family were busy interrogating the prisoners they brought back to the ranch. She’s never been on a working ranch before. She loved seeing the cows, and buffaloes she spotted out grazing. She also noticed that Mr. Bounty has horses as well.

As she is walking around exploring Mr. Bounty’s property. One of the farmhands comes walking up to her. He was a big man and had a rugged look about him. He had a slight limp to his walk. She noticed he was as big as Jack himself.

Mat spotted a young Latino woman walking around the ranch. He has seen her here the past few days since Julia was attacked. He saw how amazed she was with how the ranch was and the animals on it. He also knew she had a German Shepard/ Wolf hybrid.

“Never been on a ranch before?” Mat watches the woman.

“Nope, I’m from the city. All of this is new to me.” A smile appears on Bella’s face.

“What do you think about the place?”

“I like it. I now know why Julia was in a hurry to come back here.” Bella knew Julia missed being home and around her family.

“How did you meet Julia?” Mat was curious about this woman.

“She saved me from making a stupid mistake. If she hadn’t intervened when she did. I would probably be in jail right now or dead.” Bella was glad she listened to Julia’s advice.

“If you don’t mind me asking. What exactly were you involved with?” Mat wonders what would cause a girl that he was looking to be involved with.

“I was involved with a really bad gang. We were as bad as MS13 and were planning on having a big payday. Julia found out and tracked me down. She realize I wasn’t completely indoctrinated into the gang mentality and decided to save me from myself.” Bella remembered the talk and what Julia showed what she would do to her if she decided to ignore her advice.

“That sounds like her. I’m glad you took her advice because this family doesn’t tell you twice to do something.”

“I’ve noticed. How long have you worked for Mr. Bounty?” Bella was curious about this guy.

“Since I injured myself in the rodeo. I was recovering and needed a job. I heard from a friend that worked here, that Mr. Bounty was looking for a new ranch hand. I applied and impressed him. I’ve been here ever since.” Mat was shocked that Mr. Bounty hired him.

“Did you give the rodeo up?”

“No, I still do it, but not as much as I use to. I’m getting too old to do bronco bucking anymore.” Mat knew his bones and body couldn’t take it anymore.

“Is there a problem with me looking around?” Bella figures that were why this guy sought her out.

“No, no problem at all. I was just curious about you and if Julia trust you and the wolves do. Then you must be a good person. Because the wolves on this ranch are very protective about their territory. By the way, my name is Matt Woods.” Mat holds his hand out to Bella.

“Mine is Bella Killjoy.” Bella shakes Mat’s hand.

“Well, it's nice to meet you Mrs. Killjoy. Why don’t I show you around some.”

up
181 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pain makes one co operative

BarbieLee's picture

Nothing like not having to worry about reading someone their Miranda Rights. Especially while applying inducements to spill their guts. Doesn't make good people into bad people. Means the same rules apply to everyone.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
Life is a gift, don't waste it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Name of story?

What is the name of the story where Julia saved Bella from that stupid mistake?

Missing Story

I started writing it, but put it on the back burner. It occurs when Julia went to LA to help train their police dogs. The commissioner heard about her and Sphinx and wanted to see her in action. Haylee comes to live with her before she leaves as well.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Julia is a fighter

Samantha Heart's picture

I think it took her children visiting, hugging her & squeezeing her hand for her to wake up. I'm glad she did. Too bad Jack & Cheshire aren't doing the integration, but with those too.... the cartels leader would be dead & the good countess wants him alive. I'm intrested to see how she can try him in England, but knowing the Bounty family they have their ways.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

She's awake

Jamie Lee's picture

Wonder what would have happen to the gang members, and Pierre had Julia not awaken? That might have really angered Hatter, and she might have gotten real serious in playing with that guy.

And Pierre wouldn't be behind bars now. He'd likely learn how Jack treated people who go after his family, and have no worries about a trial in England.

Others have feelings too.