A Good Girlfriend Pt 2: Charming My Boy

Printer-friendly version

sandy danny.jpg

Student Unions were iconic back then. They had bars with relatively cheap beer and not much else. They had cafeteria with subsidized grub, hot and hearty. It was definitely a good place to get to know Tim.

It turned out, Tim and I came from the same part of greater London, albeit one or two towns over. We had grown up liking the same cultural landmarks. We were both rolling our eyes when Oasis' 'Wonderwall' came on the speakers. Not because we hated the song, mind. Rather because it was played to death in the previous couple of years. It was the same for Wet Wet Wet's 'Love is all around' which was made famous by the film Four Weddings and a Funeral.

"How'd you get so good at this?", it wasn't flattery. Tim was sincere, I could see that.

"i read up on the subject. There are a lot of good books in the library"

"Oh you actually study ?", there's that cheeky grin I had seen in class. I melted a little.

"mmm hmm", i smiled, sipping my drink.

I watched him copy my notes. I liked the way he silently mouthed the words as he scribbled them. We didn't have phones that could take piccies back then and it was a bit of a walk to the library for photocopying so he hand copied them. I didn't mind. I was enjoying the view!

"So why werent you at this uni last year?", i tried to fill in the silence.

"I did a year abroad in the States. An exchange program type thing", he said looking up from his notes, smiling at me. I was caught, staring at him. I hurriedly looked at my drink.

He continued telling me albeit distractedly about his life there. He even had an American girlfriend for a year, almost, but they broke up because she didn't see a future in it. He did seem pained about it though. This boy is the loving, attached-to-the-girl type, I could tell! I found myself touching my hair a lot.

"Hey Chrissy, can I ask you summat?"

"mmm-hmmm?", I squirmed a bit anticipating the 'will you go out with me' question.

"Are you a boy?"

My jaw dropped. I thought I was passing well. I fell silent for a few seconds while his gaze at me was steady.

"Ummm, what gave it away?"

"I guess your voice, it sometimes drops a bit. And you're not ....umm, anatomically..well,..you know", now he squirmed. He continued, "but look, I'm not trying to embarass or offend you. You can be whoever you want. I was just putting two and two together"

"Yes, Tim. I was born male, raised as a boy. But i've never thought of myself as one. I am planning to transition and live as a woman. Not now but once I start a career"

"Ah, i see. Ok, ok. I didn't mean to pry. I respect how you need to struggle to find acceptance. I have a gay cousin. Not saying it's the same thing but he had to fight to be accepted too..."

"oh, i see. Well thank you for saying that, Tim", i liked his comment. At least he was ok with it. He doesn't want me but we can be friends.

"Chrissy, would you like to come to the pictures with me?"

I was stunned...

to be continued

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

He Knows and...

is asking Chrissy the girl to the movies. NIce!

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

and she now is agonising over

and she now is agonising over what to wear, hehe....