Thanks Truck-kun For Making Me A Trader - Part 22/27

Printer-friendly version

Well, to say it has been boring is an understatement. We have been here three days and I hardly saw any business. I mean, the first day was busy. Turns out all the adventurers here stopped raiding the hardened space because they had full soul inventories. That meant, the first day I got to void a lot of junk.

How much? Well, I made about ten grand in void favors. And now you say: "Hey, Lillyn. That's enough for a new Automata body."

Yeah. Would be. If it wasn't for the fact that each time I research an upgrade for the Automata body, the result was not just more powerful. It got more expensive too. And each time I have to switch out the old version to the new version on the research bench. Because that gives the best chances to research more improvements.

So, I have to void the old version and materialize the new one. Which is more, again, more expensive. In the past days, I got four upgrades and the price tag rose from close to ten grand to just above sixteen thousand void-favors. If this goes on, I might run out of void-favors. Which would stop my advancement on better Automata bodies. Not to mention when Maryn finally comes out of the pyramids, handing over my best Automata body to her will leave me broke and unable to continue research.

"Becky is back," Myra is pointing out from beside me.

Yes, most of the time, Myra is joining me these days in my shop. There isn't much to do for her over at the church's Little Swan. Not much to do for me either. Either waiting for customers or meditation. Yeah, I am giving it a try. I think it helps. Well, so far I haven't researched a big boob version of the Automata. Either that means I am on the right track or it helps that I research upgrades to the whole body. If this exponential increase of void-favor value continues, I may need to split the Automata body into its compound parts and research those individually.

Wanna bet that Besona will be tempted to give me a big boob version if I have just the chest on the research bench?

No?

Smart.

"Becky. Welcome back. What bounties do you bring me this time?"

Yeah, Becky is my top supplier. Not going far in, but being fast and deadly, she can acquire stuff easily. Coming back as soon as her soul inventory is full. Grabbing everything that isn't nailed down. Those items and furniture are in surprisingly good condition. I mean Maynard Mansion had been a hardened Space for what? A century or two? And its interior is a mess. The pyramids? A millennia or more. It is hard to guess. Myra tried to explain, but after the third calendar change, I lost the plot. Anyway, the Pyramids Of Kentoshan are old but got caught at the height of their prestige. And no decay so to speak of in the many years.

"I entered the third ancillary pyramid from the south-"

Oh, boy. This might take a while. Did I mention Becky is awfully chatty sometimes? Like the exact opposite of what Nadare used to be? I am interested in the items she brings to void. But no, Becky has to tell a story, describe every hallway and room. Describe in bloody details the foes she took down and-

"Oh, Lillyn. Don't void that one. I wanna try it on."

"What?" I ask as Myra interrupted Becky's story. And my line of thought. "Try what?"

"Weren't you listening? Becky found a complete set of an Orochni Servant Outfit. I dressed up in replicas at the Night Of The Forefathers more than once. But to wear an original. That would be so cool."

Yeah. Don't look at me. I have no clue what Myra is talking about. More Besona weirdness I guess. And why am I always getting offered servant outfits? Can't they, for once, hand me some normal civilian clothes. As in casual and non-descript. That be the dream.

"Fine. I won't void it immediately."

But the expecting look of Myra told me she couldn't wait to the end of Becky's story. With a sigh, I offered my hand to Becky for a single trade.

Holy shit. Eight-hundred void-favors? What's this outfit made of? Spun gold? Or is it normal fabric and it is loaded with enchantments? Maybe a closer look might be worth it. But for now, I hand it over to Myra.

"Thanks. I've got to try it on immediately!" A quick kiss on the cheek is all I get before Myra is practically running up the stairs.

"Someone is getting lucky tonight," Becky says with a smirk.

Wait, what?

"What makes you say that?"

"You've never seen ancient Orochni garb before? I doubt you'll be sleeping much tonight. I know you share a bed-"

"It is not like that."

Listen. Yes, Myra is sleeping over. In my bed. No, we are not- You know. It is just- I told you how cramped the church's Little Swan is, right? Well, turns out Myra has to hot-bunk too. Even my bed used up by two is more spacious. So, it is all harmless. A sleepover. That's what it is. Nothing more.

"Are you sure?" Becky asks with a nod to something behind me.

Looks like Myra is back and-

Oh.

My.

Gosh!

Is that-

I think I've found Besona's equivalent to the Slave Leia outfit. I mean, holy cow, that is explicit. My guess of spun gold was close. Bands of gold circle her. Twist and turn. Split and merge. All arranged to highlight every feminine aspect of Myra. Starting at her neck like an elaborate collar and slowly snaking downward. Mimicking lingerie with filigree details that are still solid enough to hold their position. Encompassing every limb of hers down to fingers and toes.

"How do I look?"

I mean, how can words describe her beauty right now. This is beyond what I expected.

You know what?

I think I need time to process this.

Talk to you all later.


"Ouch!"

"Don't be a baby," Myra says with a giggle. Yes, a giggle. She is enjoying this. The little sadist.

"I am not," I say with barely a pout. "But you don't have to pull that hard."

"I wouldn't have to if you took more care of it," Myara says just as I feel the dreaded comb dive back into my hair.

I don't who of us is more bored. Myra or myself. Her, to even offer to tame my hair or me accepting her offer.

"I do comb my hair."

"Once in a rotation?" Myra guessed. Damn, she hit bullseye too.

"It is such a hassle."

"It wouldn't be if you combed daily." To puncture her statement, Myra is even tapping on my head with the comb. As if it was a ruler, me a student, and her my teacher. "You have such nice hair. Thick and luscious. Silky too if you combed it a bit more."

"Fine. I'll try." I mean, Myra is right. I could make a little better effort.

"You know," Myra starts while running the comb again. "If it comes too much in your way, you can always braid it. I could show you a few styles."

"Braids?" Oh, no. "And what secret messages would you hide in it?"

"What?" Apparently, Myra is confused enough to turn me around and look at me as if I grew a second head. Well, Myra probably wouldn't mind that. A second head would mean more hair to comb.

"Well, Essie said braids are a language of their own. She always wears elaborate braided updos and I once asked her about it."

"Maybe where she comes from," Myra says with a shrug. "There are many different regions and kingdoms. Each with their own traditions."

Myra is right. Probably. Or Essie was having a joke at my expense. "If that is true I doubt it would take me long to run into someone who would interpret any braid I have the wrong way. Besona is like that."

"Ah, yes. There is the paranoid Lillyn I know and love. Always thinking a whole planet is out to get her." I mean it is, right? Not imagining that. But before I can voice it out loud, Myra has another suggestion. "How about dyeing it? I mean I don't have a hair color potion here right now, but I think some color might stand you good."

"Want to spread the reign of blue hair?" I accuse her. Jokingly.

"I was thinking more like green? Or wait-" Myra is giving me a wolfish grin. "What about Papush? I bet it would suit you well."

My groan in reply has her in giggles. That deserves punishment. She wants to giggle? Fine. Tickle attack!

Oh, no. She is retaliating. Help. Do something. Shit, why are you imaginary. I could really use some time here.

Wait, who is that?

"I have a customer!" I shout out between gulps of air and laughing. "Myra. Customer."

"Oh, don't stop on my account," the perv says as Myra and I collect ourselves.

Damn, this little tickle fight probably messed my hair up again. More combing it. A win for Myra.

Anyway. I got a customer. One smiling quite silly.

Talk to you later. After dealing with him.

And Myra.

I already can smell Tickle Wars - The Lillyn Strikes Back.


"Come on," Myra said with a pout. "I wanna see how you look in it. You got to see me in it."

"I put it on the research bench. Like you asked. So, it is not like I can do it right now."

Yeah, this has been going on for a few bells. Apparently, me seeing Myra in the Orochni Servant Outfit was a down-payment for me doing the same later for her. So far, I could avoid it. I mean, Besona threw enough sexualized garbs at me to grow a bit weary.

Heck, with my luck, the outfit becomes even more revealing. There is not one shred of fabric on it. Just this golden metal. It wasn't even solid for the most part. Thin strands had been carefully interwoven. The resulting braid was surprisingly smooth to the touch. Only in strategic places, it changed to solid pieces. Like joints and connectors.

No. I am not interrupting my Automata research to pander to Myra's whims. My research bench has two slots, remember? One had been taken up by the Automata body. The other? Gear from Awyn. I hoped that maybe some attributes of armor or weapons could have been transferred to the Automata body. So far, nothing. At least, not that I can tell.

At least my catalog of sellable items grows. It resulted in a few sales, but not many. Anyways. I hope putting on the Orochni Servant Outfit on the research bench won't weirdly impact the Automata body. I don't need a more sexualized version of the Automata. It is lewd enough. Did I mention Maynard must have been a pervert? Yeah, looking at Orochni garb I think it is a requirement for wealthy people to be pervy.

Speaking of research. Looks like another level for the Automata came through. Minor increase to the physical attributes and-

Damn!

This new version costs twenty-five thousand void-favors. I wonder how much further I can push it. The increase in power lessens with each level, but the void-favor cost grows exponentially. Still, what I now have should be way above the level of a normal human. And every little bit counts. I need more void-favors.

The junk the adventurers - but mostly Becky - are dragging out is very valuable. Steadily increasing my void-favors. Still, I am not making progress. Whatever I make is consumed by my research. And once I have handed over a version of the Automata body to Maryn, I'd be down close to zero. To absolute bankruptcy. It will be a while before I can hope to continue my research.

It is nuts. Despite having fewer clients now than before, I make more void-favors. Just by the quality of items they drag out the pyramids. But it still isn't enough. I need to come up with a way to boost my income. Maybe I should make the Automata available to the adventurers after all. Get a few of those soul-crystals off the tavern wall and working again. But the increase in revenue might not warrant it.

Apparently, Myra had enough of my contemplating solutions. "Well, how about you model a few other things for me? I'd return the favor."

Nice try, Myra. I am not that desperate. Besides, I don't have a lot to dress up in that is revealing. A few bras and-

A skimpy jumpsuit.

Okay, see in Myra in one of these might make it retroactively worthwhile to have researched them.

"I think we have a bargain."

And I think I'll talk to you later.


Good morning.

Why is my chest so heavy?

No. Don't say that is because of my massive breasts. I can't believe I am saying this, but I've gotten used to them. So, that doesn't explain it. Time to pry my eyes open.

Ah, figures. Myra rolled over from her side of the bed. Again. And again, she is using my tits as pillows. Well, it is morning. Her favorite pillow provider has to get up. Check on research and stuff. And food.

Wait, what is that smell?

Licorice.

Guess Becky is back.

"Come on, sleepy-head," I say as I shrug Myra off. "We've got to get up."

"Really?" Stretching her limbs with eyes closed reminds me of cats. "Hmm, something smells good."

Smells good? Becky's tea. Betrail! Oh, Myra. How could you break my heart like that? Well, I guess no one is perfect. Even Myra has to have a flaw.

A yawn escapes me as I enter my living room. And the reception, dining room, and kitchen. Damn, it would be nice to have a bigger ship. Especially since now more or less three people live here.

"Got more junk for you," Becky says while rising her blasted cup of tea in salute.

"I hardly would call it junk."

I mean they drag out table silver. Or gold. Statues and other pieces of art. I sometimes feel bad to void these masterpieces of the ancient past. I could probably sell them for more money in any city. But not for void-favors I guess. And the difference wouldn't be worth leaving. Even for a short trip.

"Do you use any of it?" Becky asks nonchalantly before sipping her tea.

"Well- No. Fine. It is junk for now." Conceding the point hurts, but I better cut my losses. Time to grab something to eat.

Oh, Myra is already pulling out stuff for both of us. My savior.

"Say, Becky," I start to ask just as Myra joins me on the small bench. "I only see you carrying out the small stuff. Why not go for something bigger."

Apparently, I asked something stupid, as Becky is quirking an eyebrow. Looking at me as if I had grown a second head. Still, at least she provides an answer. "My aptitudes are rather small and that's why my limit for placing things into a soul-inventory slot is rather small too."

It has limits? I mean aside from the fact that there are slots. What goes in them has a capacity too? "I didn't know there was a stat for it. I mean I fit a small automatic factory in mine."

Now, Becky is looking downright bewildered at me. Thankfully, Myra is quick to jump in. "It is tied to the largest magical aptitude one has. With a void aptitude of thirteen and your sheltered upbringing, it probably never became relevant to you."

Well, that sounds logical. And my upbringing really was sheltered from all things Besona. After all, Earth isn't right around the corner.

"Right. So, with thirteen, what is my limit?"

Becky gave me a hard shrug. "I couldn't even guess. My highest magical aptitude is two."

"That's not much," Myra said. Before taking a stab at it herself. "Mine is four. I can stow small furniture. A friend of mine has a seven as their highest. He could place automatic carriages into his inventory. I think I heard somewhere that a level nine aptitude might allow you to store a not upgraded Little Mule or Little Swan in its entirety. But for thirteen- That would be pure speculation."

A whole ship she says. Interesting. If I ever don't find a parking space I just can pick up my Little Mule. Just gotta make sure to not void it by accident.

Damn. If I place my Little Mule on the research bench, I could research the blueprint to it. Except my research bench is inside of the Little Mule. If I had a second…

"Becky, I have an idea." Let's pretend I didn't see the worried look Myra and Becky threw at each other. "You know Maynard Mansion pretty well. What would I need to organize a raid?"

Becky is giving me a pointed look. "Haven't you learned anything from your last debacle?"

"I have. Theoretically speaking, if I go back in, I'd hire more people. Like a lot of them."

"Then you need lots of void-favors. Adventurers don't come cheap. Depending on the area you might pay from a few hundred void-favors a head to a thousand."

"Lillyn." Myra is grabbing my arm. A little too forceful. Her knuckles white. But her worried look tells me even more. "Is this really necessary?"

"I think so. My research on Automata is steadily getting more expensive. The last Automata body I put on there were thirty-five thousand void-favors. If this price increase continues, I won't be able to continue it soon. Heck, once Maryn comes out of her deep dive into the pyramids, she'll need a copy of my best version. Leaving me close to broke."

"I think I can help with that," Becky says with a grin on her face. "It is time I stop free-loading this body and upgrade too. I'll buy your most expensive Automata version. Is it still thirty-five or did you research another one overnight?"

"Let me check." Let's see. Two new blueprints are available. "Oh, boy. Yes, there is. Becky, are you sure? Because this one will set you back sixty-three thousand void-favors."

I mean the price tag is sixty. But I am a void trader. I got to put a few percent on top. Just five for Becky instead of the usual ten. I am not a completely greedy asshole.

"Lillyn, I've been dragging junk out of that hardened space for days now for you. Remember, I get to keep ninety percent of those void-favors. Not to mention I didn't exactly start at zero."

Damn. Just how loaded is Becky? Maybe I should have asked her to be my sponsor.

"Alright. If you have it, shake hands with me. I ain't got the void-favors laying around to first summon a copy for you."

"I know," she simply says as we shake hands. Transfering the void-favors.

And just like that, I am kind of rich. Well, for a moment at least. Just a few weeks ago I was happy to make deals for a few hundred favors. With a net gain in the two digits. Now, I sold my first product in the five-digit range. With a cool net gain of three thousand. And I think this might be the future for me. Deals like this. Once the Western Empire is gone, I can peddle my Automata's to every adventurer out there. The market is huge.

"Here you go," I say a moment later. "Your very own Automata body. This one you even get to name yourself."

"I actually like being Becky," she says before bursting into smoke. It swirled around. Mixing and mingling. Now and then Nadare's slash Becky's soul-crystal could be seen. Then the cloud becomes solid again. Materializing as a new Automata. Apparently, one can change bodies without outside help.

The upgraded version looks much the same. The limbs are maybe slightly bulkier. But even her face is the same. Gotta write that down. Research different faces. I doubt everyone wants to look the same.

I wonder where the other body went? Ah, yes. In my inventory. Because, technically, I still own this one.

"Aright. If I void the old body and the one on the research bench, I come to around forty-five thousand void favors. Plus spare change. Fifty. Not enough to start the next research phase. But I can hire a small army."

"Are you sure this is what you've got to do?" Myra asks. I nod and Myra looks sad. "I wish I could go with you. But I am a priestess and my place is with the church. I hope you understand."

"I do. And it will be fine," I say as I place my hand on hers. "Just a quick trip down. Hire a bunch of people. I'd be literally surrounded by a bunch of bodyguards. One small walk into a hardened space and then I come back. I should be gone no more than three days. Becky, you in?"

"Sure."

"Myra." Looking into her eyes, I still see worries. "I will come back. But in the meantime, I need something from you. Maryn should be coming out soon again. Convince your superiors in the church that they should wait to head back in until I am back. Maryn shouldn't leave without an Automata body."

"I'll try. Can't promise anything. You remember that I am just a freshly baked priestess, right?"

"I do."


Once again, my Little Mule is on its way. After a short but heartfelt goodbye. Well, I won't be gone for long. But I had a feeling I wasn't done with Maynard Mansion. As if there still had been something left for me to do. Old perv Maynard better brace himself, because I'll collapse his world for sure.

But for now, I need to decide what to research. Can't do the Automata body. Not unless I split it into compound parts. And-

Oh, right. There was a second blueprint finished. I wonder what it is. Ah, that's right. I forgot to remove that ridiculously lewd Orochni Servant Outfit Myra asked me to research.

Alright, Besona. You got me. A new variant of something lewd. You've got to be waiting on that one, right? It has been a few days since the last time you played a joke on me. Let's see what is in store for me this time.

Well-

Interesting.

> Orochni Styled Exoskeleton <
> Fusing modern body enhancement with an antique style yields this extravagant garment. However, this many benefits comes with limitations as it need complete contact to the wearers skin and can't be worn over defensive armor made of leather or metal. The sturdy nature of the Orochni Styled Exoskeleton grants its wearer limited damage resistance. As the exoskeleton relies on a soul for its enhancement features, it requires the wearer to have one.<
> Passive Ability: Strenght Boost. Facilitates and boosts the co-ordination of muscles by the soul. Resulting in an increase in physical prowess equal to an increase of the strength attribute by two. <
> Passive Ability: Endurance Boost. Raises the ability of the soul to replenish and nurture their body. Resulting in an increase to physical endurance equal to an increased constitution attribute by one. <

An Orochni Styled Exoskeleton. Not something I have expected. Must be the influence of the Automata body. Not functioning with leather to metal armor. But provides partial defense in itself and stat boosts. I didn't even know that was possible.

It also says it needs a body with a soul to be working. Not just stating a human body. That means it includes Automatas. Interesting. That implies a few things. The exoskeleton isn't cheap but might be a nice addition. Heck, Maryn might even like the look. Despite being very inappropriate.

Alright.

Research.

I am curious about that exoskeleton. Maybe an upgrade would be nice? And the head of the Automata. Gotta research variants of it sooner or later, right.

Okay. Not much to do until we arrive at Maynards. Talk to you all then.

Bye.

up
135 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Time to collapse the Garage!

Lillyn might be high enough in magical proficiency to actually bin the whole Garage building, with the ship inside.

Also of interest - she should be able to sell something she paid Void favours for and pay for some enchanted items to base research on. How about commissioning a head or bust, or applying makeup to the head before research, or commissioning a non-ball-jointed arm and research together with the android arms?

I said last time I commented, but I feel like she should put a research bench on her research bench. Maybe she can find one in the Maynard Mansion, or perhaps finagle one from Irene in exchange for some high couture.

Problem is it would stay as a

Problem is it would stay as a unit. Trigger a collapse. And is filled with killer robots...
Hole the phone could she shove the active automaton into her storage? She could waltz right through that place.

big sale

cool!

DogSig.png

Orochni Styled Exoskeleton...

Orochni Styled Exoskeleton...
Normal enhancments add to bulk. With the skimpy nature of this gear would it still do that? Cover more skin. Or would Besona luck do the other and strip more and more of the material away?

An interesting thought..

Hey NJM,

that is a good question.
Better version stat-wise might mean more material.
However, a better version lewd-wise might mean less material.
Progression on both seams contradictory.
To be honest, I haven't thought about that aspect yet.

I think Besona's solution (and mine XD) would be to shift the used material to a higher quality.
One that would have more capacity for enchantments / magic with the same weight / bulk.

Thanks for commenting.
Hugs and kisses,
Cassy