A bright boy in the Feminine Queendom Part 10

Printer-friendly version

This story is set after the events that happened in the final Chapter of Beverly Taff's The Feminine Queendom 90
She kindly gave her permission for me to post this.

The election is less than a year away. The Queen has found a leader for a new party to oppose the existing Feminista parties. The polls show that many women and men won't vote against the feminist parties, for fear of reprisal. Peter has been injured saving a police officers life. His bravery has capture the attention of the nation. The Queen needs to find a way to use this to her advantage.

Peter was kept on a drip with pain killers. He slept most of the time. His mother had shown him the extent of his burns. The side of his temple and half of his scalp were an angry red blistered mess. His shoulder and upper arm were in the same condition.

The doctor had told him they would need to wait until it healed until they could decide what they could do with plastic surgery. He told his mother he felt fine and she could go home. He knew she would worry about the staff at the supermarket.

The next morning, he awoke to a vision of beauty. As his eyes focused he saw the Princess Victoria looking down at him with a concerned expression.

“Hi Vicky, sorry I look so gruesome.”

“Oh Peter, my poor brave boy. How are you?”

“Oi, less of the boy, I’m a bit older than you. I’m nineteen. I’m OK thanks, it only hurts when I breath.”

Victoria smiled at him. She had liked him when she first met him. There was something very alluring about a wounded hero.

“My mother has asked me, to ask you for a favor.”

“Oh, and here I was thinking you like me.”

Peer winced as he tried to pull a sad face.

“I do like you Peter, why do you think I volunteered?”

She leant over the bed and kissed his undamaged cheek.

“The press and the television stations are dying to interview you. You are the hot story. Women are fascinated by you. All their lives they have been taught to fear men. Many were weary of the new laws giving men freedom. They still think men hate them. Then you come along and put your life on the line to save a woman. It sends a powerful message Peter. We need to build on it.”

“So what can I do?”

“We want you to do an interview with the FBC. They broke the story. The crew that filmed it are smitten with you. We need to come up with a speech that draws the country together.”

“I’ve been thinking about what to say, since they told me last night about the newspapers wanting to talk to me. Trust me I know what to say.”
“Are you sure, we could run through it.”

“No honestly. It will come from my heart. If we practice, it will sound contrived.”

“Well if you’re sure. They will be here this evening. I’ll stay for moral support if you like?”

“I’d like that Vicky. “

They chatted like teenagers do. Peter told her about the experiences he had growing up and the times her had been mistreated. He could see that genuinely stung her. She told him that the FBC had several men’s news programs on now. That men’s bars had been given free televisions to help keep men up to date about their new rights.

Vicky told him about being implanted with an explosive device, and about Charlie Sage saving her. They had common ground there. They both idolized Charlie. Vicky promised she would try to get a call through to him, so Peter could talk to him.

Later that evening the FBC set up the cameras in Peters room. The interview began. Peter’s mother Mel, along with most of the nation, including many men watched it.

The image of Peter before he was burnt filled the screen. Tracy Wareham began the interview
.
“This is Peter Davis. He is one of the new recruits who signed up to join the police after the recent corruption revelation’s.”

The camera showed Peter in bed, then zoomed into his poor damaged face. This caused most viewers to wince at the painful looking burns.

“Peter, as most of you know put his life on the line for a fellow officer, against all odd, and regard for his personal safety, he saved her from certain death. What I would like to know Peter is why you did it.”

“She was a human being that needed help Tracey. I would have done it for anyone. “

“Many can’t understand why a man would want to help a woman Peter. We are taught from an early age that men shouldn’t be trusted. So why did you help her.”

“Tracy you, like many women have the wrong idea about men.”

“Peter, some of the men we spoke to told us that most men are brave, it’s a masculine quality. Your fellow recruit Angie told you not do it. Barbra your colleague would have died.”

“Let’s get one thing straight Tracy. Angie is brave. She did as she was told by a superior officer, she stayed calm and called for backup. Women are as brave as men, but Angie is 5ft 4 inches. Barbra is 5ft 6 inches. I’m 6ft 2 inches. Well I may have shriveled an inch or two now. Angie could not have carried Barbra. She made a correct call. I’m stronger and faster. I worked out that I had a chance. It was a close call though.”

“Don’t denigrate what you did Peter. It was amazing, you have captured the heart of the nation. Do you have anything else to say?”

“Yes Tracy. This is a message for the men and the women of the nation. First to the women I’d like to say. I don’t blame you for the way you see men. Many of you, like my own mother know the way the women of the UQ have treated men is wrong. You were raised to believe that. History is full of examples of governments using a race or a religion as a scapegoat. Everything wrong is caused by the scapegoat. When the feminist won power, they blamed men and used them as a scapegoat for years. They showed you the worse men can do, never the best. You were lied to and manipulated for generations by greedy evil women that would do anything to cling on to power. Be brave, forgive yourself. “

This was not what anyone expected. The women were used to men complaining about the way they were treated. Many felt guilty and uncomfortable about it recently. The men couldn’t understand why he didn’t blame women for the way they were all treated.

“To the men I’d like to say, be brave forgive the women. They were manipulated. It’s time to move on. What the women did was treat men the way women are still being treated in some places of the world. Revenge is pointless. An eye for an eye, leaves a world full of blind fools. I know you mistrust them, but we need to move on. Show them the best of what a man can be. “

There was silence. Tracy did not want to ask the questions she had, it would cheapen the words she had just heard. Such wisdom from a young uneducated man.

“This is for everyone. Trust each other. Women and Men, get out and vote against the feminist parties. Stop this cycle of hate and pain. Let this disaster end now. Working together we can turn this country around. Vote UCEP. End the hate, end the pain.”

“Well Peter. Thank you for that message.”

Mel was stunned at what her son had said. He had hit the spot with his speech. She and her friends all knew it wasn’t right the way their society was. They all knew what seemed to happen to anyone who rallied against the feminists. They seemed to disappear before they gained much support. The recent trials of party members and police revealed several cases of women murdered for campaigning for men’s rights.

The Queen called Em.

“You saw that right?”

“Yes who wrote it?”

“Vicky said he just did it all on his own. It was better than anything I could have written. It seemed to come from the heart.”

“The audience must have been huge Sophie. We will have to get the results of another opinion poll tomorrow. Vote UCEP. End the hate, end the pain.. I think I want him for my campaign manager.”

Things may finally be turning around, the Queen thought. Hopefully all the women that didn’t vote now would, and the men would see they could only keep their new freedoms by voting.

She was looking forward to seeing the results of the poll when her phone rang. It was Charlie Sage.

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Spinoff

I really like this spinoff. Leanna19 really hit the nail with this.

Thank you maxkm70 . I hope to

leeanna19's picture

Thank you maxkm70 . I hope to get a bit closer to the end in a few more episodes. I've beeb writing a bit too much lately.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna