Every Day is Your Last

Printer-friendly version

Jack Dunning was just a poor kid from Pittsburgh, no better or worse than any other. When he met Richard, it seemed to be a one-sided friendship; Jack needing Richard much more than the other way around. As the years passed however, it became clear to them both just how important their friendship was, eventually culminating in both learning the hardest lesson in life; that every day is a gift and you should treat each one as though it were your last.

Spanning half a dozen different locations throughout the United States and a few around the world, Every Day is Your Last follows the lives of two boys, their friends, and their families. Combining the elements of a 'buddy story' and romance novel in an exhaustively researched period piece covering twenty-five years, the story describes average American life in the latter part of the twentieth century through the beginning of the twenty-first. It's written as a companion story to the novel, Lost Faith.

This book is dedicated to my father Gerry, who volunteered and
twice put his life in harm's way for the freedoms we take for granted.
He is, and forever will be, the hero of this daughter's heart.
It's not 'just a job', Daddy. Semper Fi.

Copyright © 2019, 2021 Roberta Elder - All Rights Reserved

122,995 words

This is a work of fiction. The names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the authors imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Though depicting some real-life events, any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual firms or individual experiences is purely coincidental. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior permission in writing and signed by the author, nor be otherwise circulated in any form other than that in which it is published and without a similar condition including this condition being imposed upon the subsequent publisher.

AttachmentSize
PDF icon Every Day is Your Last.pdf1.67 MB
up
20 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A wonderful story, a wonderful author.

The stories are posted in PDF, but well worth the effort to read them. I ended up binge reading all four, one right after the other. I can't begin to say which one is my favorite, because they are all superb.

Thanks

RobertaME's picture

I really do appreciate your comment and that you enjoyed my stories enough to leave a comment! Thank you! I'm curious what you thought about the chapter style, each one begun with a quote from Brooke. I've never seen a story that was written that way before and am curious if it worked the way it was intended... to remind the reader that all of it was being written 'third hand'. Any other comments you'd like to make or questions you have, please feel free to post them!

More than anything else, I'd like to see what others thoughts and opinions are on these stories, positive or negative. I'd hoped that they might inspire conversations about the subjects and am a little disheartened that they've had so many reads and yet so few comments. I know that them being in PDF format makes many possible readers not come back to comment, but I hope that maybe if others start a conversation about them it might bring more people into it.

Thanks again for your comment! It means a lot!