Consequences of Ego 3

Printer-friendly version

Chapter: 3 Holidays

{NOTE: Images and links are used only as the reference to the character in the story}

Akash: Yeah I know!

Rahul: What's the reason you are moving?

Akash: You remember my dad got transferred to another city for work a month ago.

Rahul: Yeah you told me about this.

Akash: Now he is calling us all there because he won't be able to travel much. He has made all the arrangements.

Rahul: So when you all are leaving?

Akash: In a week or so.

Rahul: When did you know about this?

Akash: Just yesterday, My Mom said she wanted to wait until my school year to finish.

I was shocked when I heard this. I mean who wouldn't be.

Akash: You aren't angry or sad are you.

Rahul: Why would I be, I am happy that you told me this early so we can enjoy these last days as much we can.

Akash: Thank You for understanding.

Rahul: Let's start from today you are coming to my home for a sleepover. We will Watch Anime the whole night.

Akash: Now that's a good plan.

A Week Later

Akash: We had so much fun over this week I will never forget them.

Rahul: I know right.

I and my sister were at the railway station to help Akash's family with the luggage.

The Train Arrived.

Akash: I got to go now.

Rahul: Yeah. I hope you find your find your Hinata (soul-mate) in the new city. (Yesterday we finished watching the whole anime that's why it was still in our minds.)

Akash: Ha-ha I will. I think you probably will find her first.

Rahul: Huh! And why is that?

Akash: Just a quick prediction.

My sister and Akash's mom came to us after confirming their seats.

Akash's mom: Both of you thank you very much for helping us.

Rahul: You don't need to thank us Akash is like a brother to me and you a mother.

Akash's Mom: Ohh what a sweet boy. (She kissed me on my forehead.)

Akash's mom went to the stall to take some water bottles for the journey.

Sakshi: Aren’t you guys have a last hug.

Akash and I looked at each other and said...

Rahul: We don't do stuff like that.

Akash: Yeah.

We did our signature handshake.

Sakshi: Boys! (sigh)

Akash: Hey and a final thing. I don't think I had said this before but I say it. Long hair really suits you don't ever cut them short.

Rahul: (I was a bit surprised when he said that.) If you say so. (I said while touching my ponytail.)

P1150260.jpg
[ Link: https://ibb.co/hdJFLhc]

Akash's Mom: Let's go Akash.

Akash: Yeah mom I am coming.

We looked at each other a final time and had a hug eventually.

Akash: No regrets!

Rahul: No regrets!

He boarded the train and waved his hand.

Akash: Bye Rahul and stay strong!

Rahul: Yeah and call me when you reach there.

And they left.

Sakshi: What happened there? (Teasing me about the hug)

Rahul: That was an exception.

For a few days I wasn't much sad because I talked with him every day on phone but eventually, I missed our little adventures. My mom eventually realized that my mood was off, so she suggested that we should all go to her mother's hometown. ( To our grandparent's home.) As we haven't been there in 2 years due to my mother's job.

After 1 week.

We reached the station and saw my aunt (mother's sister-in-law) waiting for us.

Mom: Rashi here.

Rashi Aunty: Hey guy's you finally arrived.

Mom: Yeah the train was running late.

Sakshi: Rashi Aunty (hug) I missed you so much.

Rashi Aunty and my Sis get together really well.

Rashi Aunty: Me too Sakshi, btw where is Rahul?

Rahul: I am here.

Rashi Aunty: OMG I almost didn't recognize you because of your hair. I mean look at your braid it's so thick.

sda.jpg
[ Link: https://ibb.co/0D2CNXn]

Rahul: (little embarrassed) I know I get it a lot.

Rashi Aunty: Come on we will talk later grandma is waiting.

She had a car waiting for us. We quickly put our luggage in the bag and went inside the car to finally escape from the heat.

Mom: Is Deepak (Mom's Brother.) still out of town.

Rashi Aunty: Yeah he said he wouldn't be able to return due to work until next month.

I was sad hearing that Uncle will not be here because he was the only one I used to have fun with.

Rashi Aunty: I heard from your mother that you were growing your hair but never realized you will grow them this good.

My Aunt worked as a makeup artist and hairstylist.

Sakshi: Right! don't they look great on him?

Rashi Aunty: They sure do.

We reached Grandma's home.
As soon I saw my Grandma. I hugged her. After me, my sister hugged her too.

Grandma: Ohh dear, I missed you all.

Rahul & Sakshi: We all missed you too.

Grandma: You've both grown so much & look like someone is growing their hair longer.

Rahul: (touching my braid) Yeah.

Grandma: We will talk later first all of you freshen up and get a rest you all must be tired from the travel.

Ajay: brother you are here.

Rahul: Jai how you been? ( Ajay is my 7-year-old cousin's brother. )

Ajay: I am Fine brother. how are you?

Rahul: Great.

Ajay: You look so different, brother. & why are you wearing a braid like my mom.

Rahul: (embarrassed) Uhh!

Rashi Aunty: Son let Rahul brother rest he must be tired from traveling.

Rahul: Yeah Ajay we will play later.

Ajay: Promise.

Rahul: Promise.

We all got a bath had a little talk during dinner and slept.

The next day my mom and sister were busy talking with Aunt and grandma while, I played with Ajay for the most of the day.

It was evening me and Ajay were watching a movie on TV when I heard my aunt…

“Rahul come here, Grandma is looking for you.”
I saw my Grandma sitting on a chair near the window. She saw me and said…

Grandma: Rahul come here sit before me.

I saw the oil and comb and understood what was going to happen.

Rahul: Grandma this isn’t necessary.

Grandma: Rahul I know you like oil massage your Mom told me.

"Typical Mom' I thought to myself. I went toward my grandma and sat in front of her. She undid my braid and started Brushing my hair to remove the knots.

After a min or so grandma said...

Grandma: Did you know, Your mom also liked having massages when she was your age.

Rahul: Yeah she told me so.

Grandma: I heard from your mom that you are planning to grow them longer than now. How long are you...

Rahul: (hesitatingly) Till my hips.

Grandma: Ohh that's long.

Rahul: Yeah...& Grandma, I wanted to ask you something?

Grandma: ask ahead.

Rahul: To tell you the truth I was afraid that you might scold me for having long hair.

Grandma: You know at first I was a bit hesitant when your mom told me over the phone that you were growing long hair. I thought it would look bad on you. But seeing you and your hair yesterday I was surprised at how good you look in long hair a bit girly but good. And why would I scold you over something like this even your grandpa had long hair in his teens.

Rahul: WHAT Grandpa had long hair!?

Grandma: Yeah, not as long as you but long enough. He looked great in them. But he had to cut it due to his family pressure.

Rahul: Wow, I never knew that. But why didn't he grew them again?

Grandma: He never got the chance because he was too busy working.

Rahul: Ohh that's sad.

I was kinda happy to hear that even Grandpa had long hair. After Grandma brushed my hair she divided my hair into 2 parts from the middle and started applying oil & massaging my hair. The feeling of massaging felt so good that I said it out loud.

Rahul: Ohh I love this.

Grandma: Hehe! I know.

Rahul: Did I said that out loud.

Grandma: Yup! By the way, you really have great hair! Many girls will die to have like this.

Rahul: (Shy) Thank You.

Grandma: I think Long hair suits you better than short hair.

Rahul: I've been hearing that a lot lately.

Grandma: Well It's true.

After she finished oiling she started braiding my hair in a twin braid.

images.jpg
[ Link: https://ibb.co/rwwRGFT]

Rahul: A twin Braid!

Grandma: Yes! This is better if you going to grow them longer.

Rahul: If you say so.

Grandma: Having long hair is going to be hard Rahul especially at the length you are going to grow. You are going to deal with many hardships. Not all people are going to accept long hair on a boy so Promise me you will stay strong throughout this.

Rahul: (I was a bit surprised and scared when she said that.) I Promise.

Grandma: Good. Your braid is done too. Go there let me have a look.

I got up and stood in front of her putting my braids on the shoulder.

Grandma: You look so Cute just like how your mom was when she was your age.

Rahul: Grandma, Please don't tease me. (Shyly)

Grandma: No really! look in the mirror. Those braids look perfect I can't wait to see how you will look when your hair has grown to the hips.

I went to the mirror and saw them. Grandma was right they do look good.

Rahul: Yeah I guess they kinda look good.

Grandma: Kinda?

Rahul: They look great. Ok NOW!

Grandma: Yup.

Rahul: Thanks for this.

Grandma: You are Welcome. Now go get some rest I can tell that you are feeling sleepy.

Rahul: Yeah. Goodnight Grandma.

Grandma: Goodnight, sweetheart.

As soon I laid on the bed, I was fast asleep.

The next day when I woke up my mom saw me and said...

Mom: Rahul, I can understand the braids but why are you wearing lipstick that too in the morning.

Rahul: Wait...what? I don't remember Grandma applying lipstick.

Mom: Go look yourself in the mirror.

I quickly went to the bathroom and checked myself in the mirror.
It was true... I was wearing red-colored lipstick but who...then I heard someone laughing from behind.
It was my sister!

Rahul: I should have known it was you!

I ran behind her to chase her but my mom stopped and said...

Mom: I get what happened but why are you worrying that much just wash your face.

Rahul: But Mom...

Mom: Go now!

I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I thought to myself that this was the right thing to do if I had chased her through the house everybody would have seen me.

After freshening up I went to the dining table to have breakfast. I think I was the last one to arrive.

Ajay: brother why are you wearing your hair that. (giggling) You look like a girl.

I was red from embarrassment when he said that and my sister was holding her laughter.

Rashi Aunty: AJAY apologize to your brother now!

Ajay: But Mom he is wearing twin braids.

Rashi Aunty: What is wrong with that. He has long hair he can wear anything he wants.

Grandma: Ajay, there is nothing wrong with wearing braids if you have long hair and hairstyles don't have any gender.

Rashi Aunty: Grandma is right. Anyone can wear any hairstyle regardless of their gender.

Hearing this I understood what Grandma said to me last night. After Our breakfast, Ajay came to me and apologized. In the evening we all went to the mall where we all had fun. While Mom, Sis, and Aunt were shopping, Ajay and I went to the game Zone.

And just like that my Summer Vacation was over!

and school started with a SHOCK!

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos