A Gayle Blows Up Part 28

Printer-friendly version

Part 28

That weekend Aganee, Birgitta and I spent a lot of time with Anna, Anudeeps’ wife. It happened that the trash mags had been right when they said she had been an airline hostess. “I met Anu by accident. He was flying in my plane when we hit turbulence and I literally landed in his lap carrying a tray of drinks. He said ‘Don’t worry. I will hold you down’ and did just that.”

“The chief steward was very unhappy and said that I faced the sack and Anu told him that if I was to get the sack, it would be his sack where I ended up. So, when I got off the plane I got into his limo with him and we have not parted since then.” She smiled at the thought and then said “I think you and Gaurav will have the same long life together. Mind you, if he comes back to India with you when you do the film he may find himself starring in it, the handsome brute.”

As my wedding was to be non-denominational, Gaurav being a modern man and me being Anglo, the event would take place in a large marquee in the garden. We would have a celebrant and most of the usual Indian traditions would not take place, seeing that I had no parents to be looked after. Grette had warned me off having any henna tattoos so it would be very low-key in most ways. The reception was to be where we had played the sangeet for Grette and the Four Winds would be supplying the music. It all seemed very straightforward.

Over the next week I showed Anudeep and his wife around and they loved being able to walk the streets without being mobbed. We did have a few of the Indian residents come up to him for an autograph and he was happy to sign. Aganee took us out to Hampton Court one day in the car and we spent a lovely time wandering around like a bunch of tourists. Over that time we became firm friends and he started calling me Gayle and I was allowed to use Anu and Anna. It was odd at times when Aganee and Anu started chatting in Hindi when they were looking at things together. I think that he may have been remembering his early days with his mother. I know that he had become very relaxed with us.

We were sitting in a café on the Thursday afternoon and I said “Anu, I have been thinking about this film.” He told me to go on. I said “If I get the usual scenario, it would be farce and singing while the scenes after the entrance would be more singing, dancing and love duets, right?” He agreed that this would be the likely plot. I carried on “Well, how about the first part of the film we have the Rajah as a ramrod straight despot who falls for a singer in a nightclub. The first part of the film could be filled with sub-plots about the band members and interactions with the very stiff Rajah before he wins the hand of the singer. Then, after they get to the palace, she works to loosen him up and get him to use the fine voice she hears in the shower. The last scene could be an extravaganza. It will be, you say, your last scene. Why don’t you have all the co-stars you have sung with join you, the Rajah, on stage, closing the film with a fifteen minute spectacle where everyone sings the final song of new life, hope and love? I am sure that there will be song writers who would jump at the chance of being part of your last movie with new and lasting lyrics.”

Aganee looked at me as if I was crossing a line but Anna snorted into her glass and then said “I love it, Anu, it would be a fitting end to a stellar career and stick it up those who have said you are a has-been.” He frowned at her and said “Maybe they have been right. I have toed the line with the second-rate story-lines they have given me for a few years now. I haven’t sung on stage for a good five years so these next few months will be like old times and it is getting me excited.” He pulled out his phone and called the director of our clip, rattling on in Hindi with me only picking up an odd word. I could see Aganee following his side closely and knew that she would be able to fill me in later. When he hung up he just said “He loves it.”

Later that day I had a van take me and my belongings to the apartment, where James helped us take it all up for me to put things away. Friday the whole bunch of girls spent the day in a spa. Saturday morning we were in a production line at Birgittas’ salon which was closed to the public that day. Saturday afternoon was the wedding and Anu walked me down the carpet with Tavleen and Grette behind us, to place me next to Gaurav, who had Balnoor standing alongside him.

The marquee was filled with friends as well as some news photographers. The wedding was beautiful and I was the happiest person in the world when Gaurav and I walked back up the carpet as Mr and Mrs Hidjeet. The usual photos followed, including one with the two of us flanked by the whole band. We left, in a limo, to go to the hotel where the reception was to be held. Our changes of clothes were there and we took the couple of hours we had to change to get to know each other in a very new way for me. Luckily I was able to lube myself and he was very gentle, at first. I was taken into a new world of feelings and love and we spent some time after just lying close together.

We did, finally, shower and dress. I had chosen the evening dress I had worn in India with the emeralds and he had a fine suit. We were fashionably late walking into the reception as there was already a hubbub and the boys were on the stage playing. We had the meal and then there were the speeches. Gaurav had completely cut away from his old friends so Balnoor had a short, but heartfelt speech about how wonderful we were. Guptar was a bit longer and alluded to Gauravs bad old days which made him blush.

When they all ran out of puff I stood up and said “There is something I would like to say” and walked over to the band and gave them a wink. They started a very sultry version of “The Man I Love” and I sang it to Gaurav again with all my own love. He came over as I finished and the boys moved into a bridal waltz and we danced.

It was a good evening and I danced with a lot of fellows. Balnoor was an excellent dancer and, while we circulated, he told me that he and Tavleen had found a larger flat which they could buy together with their new wealth. They would be moving in together soon and marrying later. I congratulated him. When I danced with Bill, Jeniannas’ electronics boyfriend, he told me that with her new income, they too will be marrying soon and I congratulated him as well. Damini, Husnia and Kajari were all there with their boyfriends. When I danced with Anu he told me that he could now see how I could be the nightclub singer in the movie as I already was one. This had been the first time he had seen me with the Four Winds.

We had quite a turn-out of dignitaries and their spouses, as well as some of the store executives and their spouses. I danced with Jack, who told me that everything was going well for the tour and that he was really looking forward to it. He also said that both our albums were in the top ten in India and Lajpal had been getting on to him to finalise the Indian tour.

Gaurav and I finally left in the limo again, which had been decorated with appropriate messages. We had arranged with the driver to take us to one of the store carparks where Gaurav had parked his own car and he gave the driver a good tip to help get the limo clean again when we were dropped off. We got in his car and drove to the apartment block, walking back to the lobby after parking. We kissed as the lift rose to our floor and it didn’t take much time at all before we were in our bed and exploring our bodies. I was thankful that I had kept up my dilating regime as he felt like he had grown a bit since this afternoon. We made glorious love a couple of times before waking with the sunlight coming in the window.

We made love again before we showered and put on our towelling robes that we intended to live in for a few days. We were sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast when we heard a key in the front door and Birgitta speaking to Aganee. Gaurav smiled and called out “We’re in the kitchen, mother dear, do you want a cup of tea?” They came in and she said “I thought that you would be somewhere exotic by now so I thought we would bring over your wedding clothes and the extra gifts you received.”

They put the stuff they were carrying on the sofa in the lounge and then sat with us to have a cup of tea. Gaurav explained that I had talked him into staying quietly at home as I had been in India and then we would be travelling the country for a while so we would be getting away a fair bit in the near future. They promised to keep it quiet and asked if there was anything we needed. They smiled when Gaurav answered “Only some more sleep.”

Marianne G 2021

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos