Stolen Moments

Printer-friendly version

Here is a little story that popped into my head as I was about to go to sleep the other night.

Stolen Moments

“Hello”

“Oh! Hello yourself.”

“Not what I would call a happy party, Is it? I’m Henry, by the way.”

“No, it’s not. I suppose it must be because we all think it may be the last we have. I’m - Susan.”

“Well, Susan, you should not be standing there, on your own, without a drink. Here, I brought you one over. Drink and be merry, I say.”

“Thank you Henry. I do not drink much but the situation makes me want to do things that I usually would not think of doing.”

“Like being Susan tonight? That’s a very nice dress by the way, it matches your eyes.”

“My eyes?”

“Yes, those wonderful blue eyes that have captivated me every time you came into my department. It was those eyes that drew me to you tonight.”

“Oh! So you know who I really am, then?”

“Yes, you are Steffan at work but all I see tonight is a vision of loveliness.”

“Well, thank you kind sir. I thought that it was time that Susan got one outing before the last days. Lord knows what chance she will have in the future. I suppose that if I can’t get another job I could always try waitressing. At least that way I could live as I want to live. Ooops! That wine is going to my head.”

“I suppose that with you working in HR you know when the axe is going to fall?”

“Oh yes, I am afraid that it is not long now. I have been busy typing up the termination letters. Even had to do one for myself. Terry intends to pull the plug just before the normal Christmas break. That’s why he threw this Christmas party tonight. Ooops. It must be the wine speaking, I shouldn’t have said all that. Please don’t shout it out!”

“Don’t be afraid of that. It doesn’t really worry me as I have a couple of other things I do to make money already. One of them is writing transgender stories; it can be quite lucrative.”

“As you can gather, I have read a few of those myself but it is never the same as living it. I took hours getting ready tonight and you spotted me in seconds. I feel like a fake, now.”

“Susan, Susan, you are no fake. I just knew those eyes and I have been in love with those eyes for a long time. No-one else has a clue about you. Hey! There’s some music playing, please dance with me?”

“OK, just this once. Take it easy, though, it’s hard enough going forward in these heels, I’m not too sure about any backward steps.”

“It’s all right, I’ll hold you tight; you can’t fall over unless you fall for me.”

"Ooh, you smooth talker! What would your significant other say?”

“Had a peek at my file, eh? She left me for a guy who writes adverts for a real estate firm. If there’s one mob who can tell a story, it’s them. The divorce is final this month and I will be free to marry you; that’s if you want me to.”

“Hey! That’s being too quick off the mark! By the way, what I feel against my stomach does indicate that’s it’s a long time between drinks for you. I know that you know what I have between my legs so it must be my perfume that’s turning you on.”

“Susan, I have had the hots for you for a long time but would not admit that I’m gay. I think it was what put my wife off of me; I was too gentle for her.”

“Hello, you two, having fun I hope?”

“Oh, hello Terry. Yes we are, thank you. Lovely sound from that stereo of yours.”

“Yes, it cost an absolute packet. Wireless speakers; battery operated and goes anywhere. Even wireless charging from the thingy in the power socket. Gotta go, others to talk to, have a good Christmas.”

“You too Terry, I hope Santa brings you everything you wish for.”

“Merry Christmas, Terry. I’m sure Santa will give you the sack – full.”

“That was wicked, Susan, the drink must be getting to you.”

“It’s not the drink, Henry, it’s the thought of what you have pressing against me. I wonder if we could find a more pressing engagement that we can attend?”

“Well, my apartment is not far away and I would love to press-gang you into taking a voyage with me. How about it?”

“I thought you would never ask, Henry, dear; just some more dancing to make it look like we are not rushing off. I hope you don’t mind me putting my arm around your neck, you are so strong and I am afraid the drink has made me so weak. It must be the way you hold mmmmmm. Wow, I’ve never been kissed like that before. Bugger the party, let’s go and you can bugger me all night!”

“Yes, that would be lovely. The music has stopped any way. If you get your coat and bag I will meet you at the door, just need to relieve myself.”

…………

“Oh! There you are. I suppose that you needed to freshen up as well. That’s a big bag you have there. Everything but the kitchen sink, eh?”

“It’s a good job I brought it. I have always dreamed about having my cherry taken to music and that song that we danced to will be perfect. Take the bag for me, please, that stereo may be small but it weighs a ton!”

Marianne G 2021

up
129 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Uses of <i>

crash's picture

Italic font and Bold for character designation was fun to see.
This was a fun little bit. As always I'll be watching for your next.

Your friend
Crash

What a fun little story!

I agree with crash, using different fonts for the different characters makes for VERY easy reading and understanding. I hope you didn’t patent that, because I may want to use it, too. I always enjoy your stories, Marianne. Thanks for another fun read.

Janice