Jacked Up Part 16 - Final

Printer-friendly version

Jacked Up Part 16

He led me to the RV in the station car park and I put my bag in the back. As he pulled away he told me that we were to be at a rally about a hundred miles south and that we would arrive at the camp site a day early. As we chatted I warmed to him as, despite his outfit, he was a good guy.

When we stopped at the rally site he pulled up near the edge of the meeting place, alongside a couple of other early arrivals. On the way he had asked me to make sure that I didn’t get out of character as it would get us both killed, When we got out of the RV he was greeted by a couple of other members and their wives. I was introduced as “Annie, my latest conquest” and smiled prettily. During the day I chatted with the other wives, obviously being probed into my own leanings.

When I was asked if I had a gun I said I had my old Colt that my Dear Daddy had given me as he lay dying. We had an impromptu shooting contest and, although I was better the other women, I let the guys win. This cemented my standing with the small group. I was expecting it but when Roger came up to me and said loudly that it was time for his daily screw I blushed and waved to the others as we went to the RV. “OK baby, it’s time to put on a show,” he said. The bed was at the back of the RV and was let down from the ceiling so that the back window became the bedroom window. We deliberately left the curtains open when we made love, much to the entertainment of the other guys. There was no doubt in their minds that I was anything but Rogers’ latest lay.

After my time since Quinn I was ready for it. Well, a girl needs to get her jollies when she can and he was certainly a Jolly Roger in more ways than one. After everything had gone quiet he showed me where my weapon was hidden, in pieces around the RV. The back of the RV had two vents that opened for air and it was one of these that I would use on the day. I asked him if he knew where he would park at the big rally and he said he would pin-point the location during the next week. The peace was so nice that I pulled him to me and we kissed before cementing our relationship again, this time with me being a bit loud.

The rally was as I expected and I shouted and fired into the air on cue. When we left we drove via a small farm which was a safe house come control centre. We were let in and used the computers there to find the final rally site. Roger pointed out the parking spot on the aerial map that I pulled up on the computer and then I overlaid the current scene and was able to get a distance between the two spots. We then marked out the distance behind the farmhouse and I assembled the weapon and made some test shots over the distance that allowed me to dial the sights in perfectly. We then left and went to the farmhouse that Roger was living in. We lived as a couple until the following Wednesday when we loaded up the RV and drove to the next rally site.

The same couples were already there and we ate and shot at cans together. The rally was bigger than the last one and everyone was looking forward to the big one the next weekend. Roger and I were seen as a good pair of supporters by now and no-one questioned my place at the rally. I knew that the big one would have better security and we both made sure there was nothing in the RV that would not pass inspection. The weapon was in bits all over the place and it would take x-ray eyes to find any of it. The ammunition was in a drawer along with other calibres.

In the week leading up to the big rally I was met, while on a run, by an agent who ran beside me for a while. He told me that the arms dumps would be destroyed while the owners were at the rally and the bigger properties would be raided on the day of the rally in a search and destroy mission carried out by the Special Services. There would also be Special Services in the woodlands behind my firing spot. Roger and I were to make a bee-line from the rally site and we would be looked after. After everyone had arrived, the National Guard would surround the site to stop anyone else leaving. The Special Forces would be first in to eliminate the four mercenaries. It was all timed to the second and those not in the loop had been relieved of all phones and confined to barracks until the off.

When Roger and I arrived at the big rally we had a couple of Proud Boys and one of the mercenaries look through the RV before we were allowed in. We showed surprise at the inspection and was told that there was to be a surprise visitor at the rally. We did all of the usual things except that when we were in bed I used a laser range finder focussed on the trailer, finding that I was only a few inches short from the computer figure. On the day of the rally we left the bed down but closed the window curtains. I assembled the gun and left it under the blankets. We spent much of the day with our ‘friends’ and was able to scream and yell with all the others when a certain figure climbed the steps on the trailer.

I clutched my gut and said to my new girlfriends that all the excitement was too much for my bladder and I wouldn’t be long. I pretended to stumble a bit as I turned and Roger swore at me but said he would help be to go back to the RV but to make sure we would be back before the end of the speech. As we stumbled up to the RV we could hear all the words we had heard before the election and all the ones added in the four years after. In the RV I quickly got up on the bed and brought the weapon into place with the barrel just inside the vent. I checked the sight and I had a good view of my target. Roger was making sure our escape route was clear and checking that his AK47 was fully loaded in case we needed to shoot anyone getting in our way. I would be carrying the sniper rifle.

The speaker wound up to the point where he told the seething crowd that they were the arrow point of his permanent return to power and that every man in front of him would be given the powers that they craved, the power to kill and rape and pillage as much as they wanted because no-one would be powerful enough to stop them when his seventy five million followers joined the uprising. At that the boys started firing in the air and I looked through the sights to a madman doing his little dance and boxing moves. He had a big grin on his face when I added my bullet to all of the others being loosed off. Mine, however, was not uselessly going into the air.

I could only hope that this one act would stop all the stupidity of the last six years. I was wrong - of course I was. Stupidity is the one pandemic for which there is no possible vaccine.

The End
Marianne G 2021

up
139 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I very much enjoyed your

I very much enjoyed your story and now feel at least a little more optimistic that there are people behind the scenes who are trying to preserve sanity, the rule of law and the very basics of our Constitution.

I agree with you that violence, from the right or left, is not the way to solve our problems and can open a Pandoras box of unexpected consequences.