Meagan's Tail ch7 ...Royal lessons 3

Printer-friendly version

Meagan's Tail

A new Universe, a New story!

Queen's lady Meagan Ler newly changed life continues!
her linage is Queen of all the seas and mermaids!

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Rohanna sipped slowly at her warm tea with the two teens Tessa and Meagan she seemed to be waiting on something to happen and it did just that as Rohanna poured her second cup of the fine Fae blend. The phone rang and she picked it up by the second ring. She said nothing at first to the person on the line who was using an obvious voice changer and Rohanna's phone noted via a newly lit indicator that the line was highly scrambled, plus untraceable by anyone but the best electronic geeks in the world and even then they would have to know the call being made was ending up right here!

"Rohanna or Re?" it questioned in an electric buzz.

"Ro...Well?" she asked.

"They are coming in less than an hour, the FBI and LAPD SWAT. Someone attached to the group got a judge to sign off on a search warrant for the embassy and that rang my bells instantly!" the voice said.

"Who is pulling the strings?" was the next pressing question on the Drow's mind, who would be dumb enough to ask and yet connected up high enough in government circles to get it granted!

"Unknown, it's a double blind and the person asking has a black ID that leads nowhere."

"ID that only the Fed or the CIA can issue, strange they would even have access? This must be a very deeply imbedded group to have that kind of clout. Please keep inquiring as best you can." was Rohanna's last request.

"I will do best as I can and stay hidden..." the line clicked silent.


~o~O~o~

About thirty minutes later

A messenger came into the meeting room quietly and whispered into Rohanna's ear, "The LAPD is outside and they blocked all the walkways into the embassy's entrance park, but for now they seem to be waiting for some unknown reason Jabbress."

She nodded to the messenger, "Have the guards waiting and the high balconies full but unseen as planned." she instructed and the messenger bowed her head to the Drow, "Yes my lady, it will be done." and she quickly left.

"Well ladies, it begins. The LAPD is at the edge of our park and seems to be waiting for others to arrive and I'd bet by my information that is the feds. So you two stay far behind the main desk and just listen, don't talk, don't act unless attacked. Then if attacked, you can defend yourself while you retreat and you WILL retreat is that understood?" the Drow asked and warned both of the teens.

Both nodded back, "Yes ma'am," Meagan gave first and Tessa followed up with her, "Understood Jabbress,"

"Ohh and lets do this too," Rohanna smiled and spun back to the to girls. She waved a hand over Meagan dropping a ready made disguise on her. "That spell is to hide your identity from our soon to be guests for now and Tessa you know the drill!" she ordered the young Succubus who nodded and shifted her human form slightly to hide her own personal identifying features.

Both teens followed the taller Drow back out into the lobby and noticed one thing, the whole room only had four extra guards showing for right now and one new sign was added centered at the entrance doors on a chrome stand.

Tessa silently peaked a fast read on the new standing sign, "No weapons of any kind allowed on humans while visiting on Fae grounds and the only weapons allowed are carried by FAE!" she noted the sign as strange to show up now. You would not need to post a sign like this inside an embassy if you were following international laws, well at least normally that is!

Rohanna led both teens towards the center of the huge lobby and stopped at the greeting center desk, "Both of you stay on the far side of the desk and please do as I told you. Stay silent!" she sternly warned once again and both teens silently nodded back their understanding.

But outside the glass wall one could see over a dozen LAPD cars and a mix of SWAT trucks blocking each walkway in from the streets of LA towards the Fae embassy doors.

"Wow that's a lot of cops!" Meagan mumbled and gained a stern glare from Rohanna, "That was the last sound out of you!" she growled and Meagan gulped silently back with a quick nod.

Now that both girls seemed to be in control, Rohanna walked to the very front and center of the large greeting desk, then leaned back onto it waiting for the outsiders to enter and be dealt with.


~o~O~o~


Outside the Fae embassy on the streets of LA

Charlie's SWAT truck was one of the last to arrive and his driver made sure to block the one of the main walkways into the embassy park and complex even farther than one patrol car already there did. He stepped down from the truck's tall perch and into a throng of his men mixed in with the regulars patrols on the Westside of LA.

"What's up cap, who is dumb enough to go in there without an invite or at least a 'hey...we coming' call?" one of the older cops asked.

"The lead fed is or they were pushed by some crazy outsider!" he admitted tapping his radio mike on, "How far?" he asked the radio.

"Two minutes at best cap" the radio said back.

"All right everyone group up to slow the feds walk into the doors down and just so you know a 'cape' is coming too." he warned.

"Who?" one had to ask.

"Iron Duke," is all he angrily grumbled back to his team.

"That overstuffed a-hole that thinks he is some kind of English royalty and related to old king Arthur?" one SWAT gal droned out playfully in an English snobbish accent.

"Yes, but never mind that just right now because we all need to gang up and slow the feds trip to the front doors and keep them from looking like an invading army!" Charlie instructed his force as they broke up into smaller units to better cover all the walkways just as the Feds drove up in their more upscale cars and three up armored trucks.

Iron Duke was in amongst those cars in what one would call an executive level SUV, he hopped out trying awful hard to look 'heroic' but failed because a hero showing up to 'save the day' in what is basically a limo is very funny to most regular folks!

"I am ready!" he announced in an upper crust English accent to the leader of the feds now just arriving and a few of the waiting LAPD snickered at the statement.

One of the Swat team could be overheard above the street noise, 'Snicker' "He's ready!" snicker...

Charlie waved his small team in closer as the Feds came walking up with Iron Duke chatting away with a strange out of place man among the feds group, "Okay guys only my team goes in and some of the feds, we don't need an army in there..." he was about to continue but the fed leader interrupted him.

"I am FBI agent in charge Eric Lassard and in my opinion we should go in with everyone it could get dangerous to go with a small team, we want to make a show of..." that is when Charlie interrupted him!

"A show of being stupid or what? You do know that Fae don't really use guns!" he had to ask sarcastically.

"Yes I know and...." he started.

"AND why?" Charlie started to ask sarcastically, but finished up the question for the man like he was an idiot, "Because they can blast down a building with magic, so why have a pop gun when you already carry a cannon!" he warned.

"Well captain," Iron duke spoke knowingly, "not all Fae wield such magic or are that powerful, besides my Iron powers will nullify the troublesome Fae in any case!" he boasted of himself.

Charlie just rolled his eyes knowingly, "Well in any case I want to go in a small group so most of the LAPD is staying outside and only my team and what you have of yours agent Lassard."

"Are not the Feds in charge of this effort to find our young man and return him to his family?" the strange man asked.

"Sir...and you are?" Charlie asked the man who could only be described as average in every way but clothes and they said rich! Not to mention he was the only one wearing a suit as opposed to body armor like the rest of the cops here wore.

"Mr. Smith and like I said are the feds not in charge of all of this?" he asked again shaking Charlie's hand as introduction and the captain knew this guy was not 'smith' but more like some sort of Fed or mega corporation spook.

"No they are not and like I said...only my team and yours goes in agent!" he said staring back at Lassard.

"Fine I hope that will be enough?" the agent hissed back somewhat upset at being overruled by no less than a lowly LAPD cop.

"It will be, I personally know the ladies that run this place. So let's get this over with, shall we?" he informed the group and with a wave of his arm pointed up the pathway towards the huge building shading them all from the noon sun.

The now smaller group broke off from the large police presence outside of the embassy and started to walk the last few hundred feet or so to the doors. Once at the doors themselves Charlie nodded to his small team of four, then over to the fed's team numbering ten plus the 'cape' or Iron Duke.

When Charlie took a step forward tripping the door's electronic sensor and the doors slipped open, he waved on to the lead agent "After you Lassard, you did say that you're the leader of this merry band."

Lassard nodded to the gesture and took the lead while pulling what looked to be a few official warrants from his jacket pocket, "We are here looking for a teenage boy named Nathan Conner, we tracked him to here." he said to the room with only four guards that he could see and one well dressed dark skinned elf leaning nonchalantly on the greeting desk.

He took more mental notes of the guards, all armored in decorative metal armor and armed only with swords. 'No guns?' he thought and studied the tall dark skinned elf again, she was dressed in a designer business suit and seemed bored or even annoyed at his team's presence.

Rohanna spoke up first, "Hi Charlie, how are the wife and kids?" she smiled at the officer and was speaking as if she knew the man well.

"Just fine Rohanna, all my kids are great!" he tried to smile back to a Drow he knew well and one that terrified him deeply. That was when he spotted the 'NO firearms' sign that had never been there during any of his previous dozen plus visits to this very embassy. 'that can't be good.' he thought on silently about the signs new presence.

Once again Lassard tried to assert his being in charge of this given task, "I say again. We are here looking for a teenage boy named Nathan Conner and we tracked him right here to this embassy only a few hours ago."

"Who?" Rohanna questioned.

"A teenage boy named Nathan Conner," Lassard nearly barked back and now Rohanna stood up tall at his implied threat from leaning on the desk.

Charlie gulped silently.

"Is this boy a human?" the Drow questioned.

"Yes," the FBI agent said, grinding his teeth in anger.

"Have not seen any human teens inside OUR Fae embassy this week, but if we find one we can give you a call?" to his ever growing anger she informed the man with a sassy lilt to her voice.

Lassard stepped forward to personally hand Rohanna the warrants and she took them from his outstretched hand, then after a quick read she smiled back, "This is nice, AND you want me or the Fae embassy to do what about this mess of YOURS?"

"That document grants us permission to search your building for the teen," the Agent told Rohanna in a stern voice.

Rohanna laughed at the man, "This is a recognized embassy of the Fae nation and is fully covered under the Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations and the Fae had all of our embassies recognized by both the US and Great Britain well over a hundred years ago. Then add, we were all recognized once again at the League of nations after the first world war and the United Nations after the second world war. Your 'warrant' means nothing here!" she laughed to the nearly shocked agent.

"We will still search the building," he curtly insisted back in an angry tone.

"And risk an international incident, who is the 'human' moron that sent you all out on a silly unobtainable task like this?" Rohanna had to question the agent while staring right at the only man who had yet to speak wearing a suit, over the full body armor the rest were wearing. To say he stuck out among the officers was a small understatement!

"I demand that we are allowed to search unhindered," Lassard said with anger definitely growing in his voice.

"Your 'demands' mean nothing here, you can't make us Fae do anything!" a deathly cold voice said from behind the group of cops back at the building's door.

Charlie knew that voice, it came from Rehanna the less calm twin of the pair and the one who hated humans the most. All Charlie said upon hearing that voice was one word, "Shit,"

Lassard and Mr. Smith turned around to see the person behind the voice and statement, "You are?" the agent asked as he noted what must be a twin sister to the dark skinned elf at the greeting desk, but this one was dressed in fine black armor and not the expensive business suit the first twin wore.

"Her sister and just one of the many Fae you are going to have to defeat long before you do anything on OUR Fae lands or in OUR building!" the newer twin growled back as she spun a dagger about on her fingers.

"Good day Rehanna," Charlie smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"Good day Officer Burnett and how's the family?" she asked back and Charlie cringed at her using his last name over the more friendly use of his first. It showed that the Drow was annoyed, VERY annoyed with his group invading her space!

"All is well at home, but Rehanna we are looking for this missing kid and have you seen him?" he had to ask and tried to get the conversation more centered onto him over the FBI group or their leader that certainly was making both Drow angry.

"Good to hear, so Burnett why don't you take it upon yourself to lead this mess of humans out of here and we let bygones be bygones for now?" Rehanna suggested as she played a knife spinning on her finger tips by its very sharp point.

"I am not the leader of this mess, unfortunately he is." Charlie said back thumbing over to the FBI agent standing right in front of Rohanna.

"Okay Mr. leader, time for you to leave and I mean now!" Rohanna barked right to the agent's face.

"We are staying and making that search!" he demanded back taking his warrants back from Rohanna's hand

"No you are not doing that here, not while Fae live and breath inside this building!" Rohanna smiled as she clapped her hands twice. As the echo of the twin hand claps reverberated, then finally faded up into the huge building's open interior and at its last sound. The echo was replaced by the sound of a hundred feet marching forward in unison and dozens of Sidhe archers appearing at the rail a few stories above the main floor, then the same numbers appeared on the floor above that one.

"Time for you all to leave." Rehanna laughed from behind the group.

"I have this!" Iron Duke proclaimed and stepped forward in front of the cops as he took on a more combat ready stance.

Rohanna laughed at the act, "What makes you think that you alone can defeat Me, My Sister, and all of those archers of mine?"

"I have powers based on Iron, the bane of all Fae and your kind!" he boasted as his fisted changed from skin over to a dark metallic Iron look.

"Really?" Rohanna questioned and took a step forward towards the larger caped hero, "Let's test that with a simple hand shake shall we?" she asked while extending her right hand to the much larger man.

"Fine by me, it's all your pain and one you will have to endure!" he said nearly snatching up the smaller Drow's hand and enveloping it in his much larger one.

Rohanna rocked the clasped hands back and forth a few times to study them while she felt a slight tingle from the 'cape's' cold metallic touch and not even close to the burning she would expect from one hundred year old plus cold cast wrought iron "Well that is new," she grinned while studying her hand within his for any other reactions, "but far, far from painful or debilitating enough to keep me from attacking you back in any way. You are mistaken like most humans are about what true cold iron is and how it affects Fae kind in any way!" she laughed at the man and let go of his hand with a wicked grin.

Iron Duke was very mad at being played with like he was a child and quickly reacted with a right arm backhand aimed at taking off Rohanna's head! "That is not all I can do!" he growled while following through with his swing.

The Drow barely had the time to note the incoming blow, the element of 'wind' tried to tell her and Rehanna her twin tried mentally warn that it was coming! But all far too late and all she could do in that short time was flinch up with her now spell armored left arm and port away in hopes to lessen the coming blow.

In a blink of an eye Rohanna vanished and popped back up only a few feet away, but as she reappeared her body was flung by part of the blow's huge force into the greeting center desk and she crumpled to the floor right beside one of the lobby's guard who drew his weapon as he stepped forward to better protect his leader.

Far above the floor the assembled archers reacted instantly as one, drawing up bows, notching arrows and drawing the strings as they aimed at the pack of humans now sitting like dead ducks in the lobby's very middle...nowhere to run or hide!

Rohanna stopped the guard with her free arm with a small touch to his leg, "No!" she barked an order trying to lever her body up to sitting, "He is mine and only mine!" she demanded and the guard nodded back instantly.

The business suit dressed human spoke up yelling at the out of control 'cape' and pointed for him to rejoin the group, "Iron Duke we don't do such acts as hitting the defenseless first. Now get back over here...I said now!" he had to demand twice before he got the man's full attention.

"These Fae need a lesson on who really runs this world!" the Duke roared back to the lobby full of Fae and the group of humans that he had come in with.

Behind the greeting desk Tessa tensed up grabbing a rainbow colored crystal from her small purse and took Meagan's arm, "Get ready to run or protect yourself!" she whispered readying a shield spell from the crystal.

"No shit Sherlock!" Meagan mumbled back as she took a step back to the rear.

The guard finally helped Rohanna stand up, as yet one more guard covered them both and it was clear to anyone watching the Drow was now favoring her left side and shoulder. She flinched her arm showing it was out easily of its shoulder socket and most likely broken in at least one more one place.

"You want a fight with us Fae Iron boy!" Rohanna shouted towards the 'cape' as she wrenched her arm back into place with a sickening 'pop' that echoed within the now strangely quiet room, "Well I am your huckel bearer, but I'll let my sister take you because my arm hurts a bit!"

With that signal Rehanna took advantage of Iron Duke's confusion and the twin ported right beside him. Her leg kicked out at the side of his right leg snapping it at the knee inward! The sound of that huge crunch was a meaty, yet very satisfying sound to both Drow.

"Most 'capes' that have powers much like yours and think they are virtual tanks because of them. You very much like most of them don't ever seem to learn the need to actually turn on all their armoring powers at the start of a fight and not later when it's far too late! But you just had a cheap lesson in how you should or could fight better, too bad you will not get to use that knowledge for too long!" she hissed while drawing a sword on the now prone and very helpless man and then placed the blade to his neck.

"Damn it help me!" Iron Duke cried out to his group.

"You attacked her, that is all on you and I hope the twins show some mercy?" Charlie said while making sure his men had their guns down and waved his LAPD group back a few steps to give the assembled Fae a clear line of fire upon the FBI's team if they reacted stupidly!

"Rehanna, let him be and let FUCKING BIG IDIOT in charge, Lassard drag the Tin Duke's body back outside...alive please." Rohanna asked her twin.

"Fine!" Rehanna hissed back more than pissed off that her prey and a person who had hurt her sister was being given such leniency, "But if I or you ever seen him again, he dies!" she demanded towards her twin while sheathing her blade in one gracefully quick motion.

"Now all of you go right now, leave our embassy grounds and leave all your weapons right here on OUR floor as punishment over this encounter. But do understand that I will be talking with your superiors on this matter and see you all punished severely for it!" Rohanna told the pack of humans her terms for continued life.

Charlie looks to Rohanna for an answer, "Us too Rohanna?" he asked already knowing the coming decision.

"Damn right yes!" she barked back, "You know better Charlie and should have stopped this mess from even happening!"

"Okay, I get it." he said with raised hands, then turned around to his team, "Okay team...drop all of them, including right down to your knives and I mean all of it!"

"Your next Lassard, either do as I ask or get rolled out of OUR lobby in several snack sized bags!" she warned the leader of the rest.

"The FBI never gives up its weapons to anyone on demand," he insisted with very empty bravado it seemed.

"Your choice, your death. TAKE AIM!" she yelled.

"Wait I am an unarmed civilian and should be let go?" Mr. Smith nearly whined in a timid voice now seeing the archers at the ready for just one word to end his life and those around him surly!

"Hummm you make a very good point, but you are the leader of this whole mess and have to be punished as well. Archers," she shouted to gain their full attention, "first volley at the human in the suit, aim for whatever part you wish and then finish off the rest of his group." she added with an evil smile and a final wink!

Rohanna maybe a Drow a Fae just made for battle, but she was not stupid in anyway and had planned most of this incident out well before hand. Let the LAPD/FBI in or onto embassy ground and see what they do or demand? But most of all find out who the leader or instigator of this mess is and who controls them!

When the LAPD had cordoned off the building, she ordered the Fae to wait and see. But when the FBI finally came and she was warned ahead of time by one of her many hidden informants in the PD and within all of the city's offices, from the mayor on down and including even the FBI here in LA!

Rohanna had a call made to the Federal Diplomatic protective Service, a very small federal presence in LA compared to the one in Washington DC. The message was that the PD and FBI were at the very grounds of the Embassy and wanted in and to come get them out or else there would be a filed protest on the matter and an international incident on the news tonight!

Some might not agree with the Fae having national status, but the US plus the UK backed their choice to award the Fae with one and most of the present or past UN had signed off on the admission and into the UN itself also! So in any case Rohanna was going to use of international law on this matter and like the old adage "Beat your enemies in court with the law and those laws are written inside of very, very heavy books. So beat them well and hard with them!" Those laws hurt and the heaviest of them all was international diplomatic immunity for personal and same was even more so for embassy grounds themselves! One might as well go invade the actual nation instead of only crossing into official embassy ground.

But right now Rohanna might seem to be counting down to kill off the group of feds, but she already saw behind them what that group did not. The Federal Diplomatic Protective Service had just arrived here at the Embassy door and started to swing them open.

"Diplomatic Protective Service here, can we come in minister?" the leader of a very small team 'only four' asked Rohanna and was using her official title because he knew at the same time the US was walking on eggshells for even asking the Fae to do anything after the Feds already here entered their embassy illegally!

"Ahhh yes please come on in and stay off to the right if you don't want to get their blood splattered all over your clean clothes gentlemen." Rohanna beckoned to the newly arrived group with a friendly wave.

Lassard knew that he was in deep trouble now, his team out surly gunned by the elves, his only 'rent-a-cape' was down for the count and Iron Duke's power to hurt the Fae was just proven to be completely false! Then add with the Diplomatic Protective Service here, this whole mess was now quickly becoming a fully documented incident witnessed by another federal agency. Lassard had no choice but to cave in and beg mercy or the set of elf twins was going to see his whole team dead!

"We will leave if you let us go in peace?" he asked the closest twin elf in armor.

"Lassard, you and your team can leave if and only if!" Rohanna warned from her spot by the greeting desk, "Your team leaves its weapons here as punishment and I require the ID of that man in the suit as well...or no deal and you all die right here," she demanded while pointing Mr. Smith out for her special attention and coldly added the last part of her ultimatum.

Lassard could only stare back angrily at the elf for making such demands and his coming furious reply was interrupted by the leader of the Diplomatic Protective Service, "Agent I would do as the embassy minister asks, because in your position. You lose no matter what and she has the right, plus the firepower to back up her rather simple demands."

"Fuck!" Lassard barked defeated, "Drop all your weapons just like the PD is doing and lets get out of here before this mess gets even worse!" he reluctantly ordered his men and they started to do as told.

Rohanna waved to the trees summoning the attention of the healer hidden there, then pointed to 'Mr. Smith, "My healer," she addressed the Fae creature who pulled itself from the side of a large tree and walked towards the waiting Drow and when she showed at Rohanna's side. The Drow told the Fae of her new task, "while the Feds defrock themselves, please ask for Mr. Smith's blood for us and make sure that we can use it in our ways,"

The gossamer dressed healer nodded and almost seemed to float over to the man in question. She drew a sliver vial from nothing and nodded to the man as she came close enough, "My Jabbress wants your blood human, do you give it up freely?" she questioned Smith, but in reality she demanded!

"What for!" Mr. Smith asked back.

"Whatever she wishes or I am sure she will order your death. This is all your choice human?" she calmly stated back.

Mr. Smith could see that he was firmly backed into a corner with both the feds caving in and his rent-a-hero down for the count. "Fine take what you want!" he hissed to the woman.

"Arm please." she asked and he extended his right arm to the woman who slid his suit's sleeve up to expose his veins at the elbow and pricked it with a silver pin to draw blood, "You give this blood freely?" she questioned again.

"Take it!" he demanded.

"You have to say the words...I give freely. Or I can't take your blood properly human!" she scowled back at him.

"Fine darn it, I give my blood freely." he droned back without feeling, "There done, now is that enough?" he hissed again.

"Very good," she smiled up to him almost evilly as she let the blood flow into one vial that she sealed once full and produced yet one more that she filled and sealed up, "all done." she sang to him.

"Good!" he barked.

The healer shook her head to the human's anger, then touched his arm with a glowing hand to heal the small wound and then rolled his sleeve back up, "all healed, may Gaea bless you,"

"Get away from me creature!" he growled reeling his arm back.

"Hummm I predict human, that bad manners will be your undoing," she smiled knowingly back to him, then handed Rohanna the first small vial, then one to her twin Rehanna.

Rehanna shook it as she studied the blood, "This will do just fine!" she sang knowing far more about blood based magic than the human ever could!

"Should I start healing you Jabbress?" she asked Rohanna.

"Not until the humans are gone, please stay nearby and out of sight for now." she ordered back at a whisper.

"As you wish Jabbress," she nodded back, then walked back to the lobby's garden and dissolved slowly right into the side of a large tree.

Meagan watched the whole interaction and after the healer was gone thought to herself, "Must be one of the many dryad type races I am reading and studying about at home."

"We are not done, I will see you again!" Mr. Smith yelled to Rohanna one last time before he slammed the closest door open and left the building. One could see that he was fuming by his walk back across the embassy grounds.

Back in the lobby, the LAPD assisted the Diplomatic Protective Service in rolling Iron duke onto a wheeled stretcher and rolled him off to a waiting ambulance with "Aegis Group," marked on its side in large golden letters. This was the worldwide company that hires out mutant heros to the world at large, from small cites, to nations and even down to companies that need that type of service. Some of the more common street nicknames of the company are 'heroes for hire' or 'rent-a-cape' or the most used one in LA 'uber heros' as in the taxi like company of nearly the same name!

Before the last of the LAPD left, Rohanna waved to the group, "Bye all and come back if you want and only if you come alone and peacefully. AND Charlie...call me about this mess when you have the time," she asked the SWAT team leader and he nodded back.

As the last of the feds or cops left the building and were across most of the grounds going back to the city's street, Rohanna leaned a bit more heavily on the greeting center desk, "Well that was fun, darken the windows and lock the doors. Guards stand outside and bar all entry unless it fills our creed to help." she ordered and the lobby's windows darkened at the bottom twenty feet and the guards took their places outside at the now locked doors.

A whispering song came from the lobby's garden and small forest, "So my Jabbress are you ready to allow me to heal you or shall I warm some tea for your guests?" the disembodied voice of the Fae asked the Drow somewhat sarcastically.

"Fine...come and help me...please?" Rohanna said shaking her head to the voice, "You are almost as bad as the Mistress of the Grove to the east near my old school!" she said to the healer now appearing out of the side of a large tree.

"I do as I do because our Drow always need my or our kind's healing touch," she giggles while leading Rohanna back deeper into the building.

"Follow us into my office girls and we will go over this encounter and see if you learned anything from it?" the Drow asked the two teens as she walked past.

Both girls followed the pair and Rehanna took up the rear of the group making sure that the two teens did not wander. Because Meagan had never visited the embassy in her life and Tessa could be unpredictable at times!

Rohanna walked into her large office, one that she shared with her twin and took a place on one of the large couches here and let the healer take off her suit's coat, then started tending to her wounds. Rehanna picked up the top and studied it for a second before dropping it in a trash bin, "Well that Vera Wang one off is gone and ohh boy she is going to be mad at ya! I think that is the style she wanted you to wear to the Oscar nominations this month!"

"Ohhh shut it you old Drow, she will make me another one AND why? Because she knows if we wear it...other Fae will buy it and then our human fans will to!" Rohanna smiled and stuck out a tongue at her twin

The healer started to laugh at the pair as she worked at mending the Drow's bones with a snap or somewhat sickening 'pop' now and then.

"Humm why do I think you are laughing at my pain healer?" she asked the Fae tending to her injuries.

Rehanna sat behind her desk and studied the two teens intently, "So what did you two learn today?" she questioned the pair.

"Well Mistress, I think that fully knowing the laws that govern the situation will make sure that your side is the winner." Meagan gave.

"Knowing is not the only item to make sure you victorious, but planning long before the fight is too!" Rohanna said as the healer finally 'popped' her arm back into its socket and she grunted at the sharp jarring pain.

"Planning ma'am?" Tessa had to ask.

"Planning as In I listened to the young Fae they are looking for and knew they were on the way here via my contacts in both LA city hall and the local branch office of the FBI. I did try to block the search warrant from being signed off with any judge they could find, but it seems that," Rohanna clears her throat sarcastically, "a nation wide religion that is involved in this Fae's 'human past' and wanted him very bad after his suddenly changing into one of us Sidhe. Then add I am looking into why he changed, because this one is not following the more normal past of family ties to where most of our changelings come from?" Rohanna was pondering that fact, "have humans figured out a way to change what should be normal human into a Fae at will! Then add why when this organization seems to surely hate Fae or mutants?"

"How so?" Meagan asked, not even understanding.

"Best not to know or ask Meagan." Tessa warned knowing far more about Fae courtly matters and knew something about this issue from her grandmother!

"So you knew they were coming ahead of time and planned all of this out to greet them!" Meagan wondered.

"Yes I planned it all out and even took that rent-a-capes best shot instead of skinning him on the spot. The tape of him bashing an unarmed woman will play very well on TV and the net! The whole mess will gain the Fae nation some needed clout with the feds because they messed up, know it and now owe us!" she noted to the teen thinking of what favors they could pull out of the US for this alone!

"And all of this mess will net some cash or favor points for us to use later on!" Rehanna smiled evilly, owing a favor to a Drow is a very bad spot to be in...they always collect in kind and add interest!

"Let's have some tea and refreshments while we go over today's lessons in deep," Rohanna said pressing a button on her desk and a short time later an teen Elvin girl rolled a service cart into the large office. She started to lay out trays on a larger table for everyone to serve themselves, but still took the twins their own small tray of tea.

"Ohh Meagan and Tessa, this is Velatha. She will be joining you at school and just like the both of you, this will be her first term and first time away from home." Rehanna smiled.

Tessa was already standing to get her drink when Rehanna spoke and she stopped to shake Velatha's offered hand, "Nice to meet you and where are you from?"

"Me Ohh I was from New York, till my parents died and the twins luckily found me in the care of the city's orphanage system to use the best term. They got the wheels turning to return me to the rest of my family!" she beamed.

Meagan nodded to the Drow pair, "Cool!"

"Yes her parents died in a car accident and she was too young to tell or really know who her family was and we found her while working with the NYPD. Called in a few Sidhe contacts, reconnected her with family and the rest of Fae society," Rohanna said while pouring off a cup of tea.


~o~O~o~

Hours later across the large Metropolis of Los Angeles

Mr. Smith readies himself by making sure that his twin rose pin on his left lapel is shinny and the intertwined stems that represent pure Human DNA are straight as he walks into a large meeting room filled with a very imposing table lined with chairs, most of the spots lining it are filled in by 3D holo's of his church's leadership. Only one at the head representing LA has an actual person in that honored place.

The room comes to silence as the door closes behind Mr. Smith and the center person of the three at the table's head speaks as it locks, "Well you messed up and badly. We did not want the Fae this alerted to what we the church are doing in LA and now they know for sure we are involved with experimenting on the teen from Utah. Our great organization is exposed by your incompetence!" he barks at the man.

"Sir, I still say that the Fae and the Drow leading them here in LA are still deep in the dark and can't make a connection straight back to the church...I hid my true identify well from both the feds and the LAPD...Sir!" Mr. Smith said firmly, but one could note a small hint of his uncertainly about his ID not being known!

"You are mistaken!" one of the three shouts out to him via his hologram image.

"Sir?" he had to query not understanding his mistake. Mr. Smith had perfect ID's made by the church and they were not faked, because all were issued by the US federal Government via the church's influence!

The last of the three spoke up her turn, "You gave the Fae your blood willingly and they use magic you can't even dream about to track you! AND lets not even talk about possibly controlling you or even using you as the focus for a magical BOMB that could kill everyone in this room!" she hissed his way.

"Ohhh I did not know that?" Mr. Smith admitted.

"AND that is why you should have never pursued the teen into the Fae embassy!" the table's leader nearly yelled.

The lady of the three spoke next, "Your tenure with the church is at an end and we will not require your service or presence within the church anymore...you are excommunicated!" she said firmly.

"Wait! You can't...I have served this Chur..." Mr. Smith tried to say and failed as one of the men standing behind him stepped up from the room's entrance and sunk a large needle gun into his neck's vein.

"Like I said...Excommunicated!" she barked again to the man's silence as his body froze up.

Mr. Smith's body was now frozen in mid thought, he started to sweat profusely as his eyes started to glow brightly from within and his skin started to bruise in a myriad of sickly colors that made it appear as if he had been beaten for days!

Then his hands started to bubble up swelling from the color changes happening to his very skin, as his body started twitching about wildly. Two of the room's attendants and the one that dosed him lowered his body onto a waiting stretcher, belted Mr. Smith down quite firmly and started to wheel him out of the meeting room.

"Humm what was in that dosage Dr?" the leader questioned the now smiling man with the needle gun still in his hands.

"This our leader is the last of Dr. Davros's serum, I thought it would be best to use it on a known human and one that we are certain is pure...untainted. Then see what happens?" he smiled on at Mr. Smith's amazing progress so far.

"What did it produce the last time?" the leader asked.

"Ohh the most stunning change that took months to finish and the creature we obtained via that last dosage was a most powerful creature...we drained it of all it had to offer and studied the rest." he spoke proudly.

"Any chance on duplicating the now deceased doctor's formula?" the woman asked next.

"Ohh this one might be the breakthrough we need, I am glad he volunteered for this!" he grinned evilly.

"Carry on doctor and I want a full report on this one!" the leader demanded as the Doctor lead his new toy from the room.

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Shadowsblade here.

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

Copyright © 2020 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

ohhhh they do!

shadowsblade's picture

remember the kids that walked in from this trip to LA?

well the cops asked if the Fae or Drow had seen a anyone with his name?

Rohanna did not lie, she had not seen a 'human' by that name, they never asked her if it was a sidhe or a Fae!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Exactly!

"We're looking for a human boy that was seen entering this place"

"No Human boys here!"

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Oy, a new nasty group of clowns

Jamie Lee's picture

Nathan had changed before he was given over to be experimented on. So the search warrant the head Fed butt had was invalid because it was for a human boy. Sidhe are not human, and now, neither is Nathan.

The Feds have no authority to enter and search any embassy, warrant or not. That embassy is sovereign territory that belongs to whatever nation owns it. In this case it belongs to the Fae, a nation recognized by the very nation Mr. Butt head works for. He should have told Mr. Smith to go stuff himself, that the US FBI, and Courts, have no authority to perform any search of the Fae embassy.

Church my arse. They are nothing more than a new H1 group who thinks they can get rid of mutants and the Sidhe. And who feel anything is game with any mutant they capture or kidnap.

Seems Mr. Smith screwed up big time, since he's now part of another experiment. Guess he'll now learn how it feels to be treated as a mutant. One piece of garbage down, several to go.

Sure hope this isn't the last of this story, 'cause it's a darn fine story. Right equal to the Whateley stories.

Others have feelings too.