Meagan's Tail ch 13..Royal lessons go on

Printer-friendly version

Meagan's Tail

A new Universe, a New story!

Intermission of our story

Pixie time!

Will our new Pixie convince the Drow twins she is worth saving?

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tessa was up in her room hugging herself after just falling on her bed when she came into her bedroom, “I have to tend with two males in the house let alone the girls…I hope I don’t lose control and do something I shouldn’t!” she worried silently and grabbed one of the dozens of plush toys in her room, “You’ll keep me safe and keep an eye on me…won’t you!” she smiled at the plush toy in her arms, it was a very bright purple with a rainbow unicorn horn on its head. The large plush toy nodded happily back while flapping like it was pleased with her petting it and the toy smiled as its mouth revealed a sharp toothed grin of very real looking teeth of something more alive and far less a simple plush toy!

Back downstairs Tessa’s group of guests watch as twins appear from the doorways leading down to the home’s lower levels. Twins that looked like younger versions of the Drow twins back at the Fae embassy! Just far less scary! One was dressed in a loose tank top with gray shorts and pink fuzzy slippers and the other was in green camo skin tight workout pants and a t-shirt decorated with a Japanese anime devil girl across its front “Mommy’s little devil #2” it said in a dripping blood lettering font!

“SO you don’t think that mom’S’” one said, (emphasizing the ‘S’ to make it stand out) started just before the other twin finished, “Should not have or have time for children!”

“Was just surprised that with all they do, that they have the time for kids is all?” Cass gave back a bit scared by the pair. As ‘Drow’ were known as something most Fae did not mess with or even think to offend!

“Cool! We get it…” both giggled out in stereo and slid from being VERY scary Drow to just regular teens instantly!

One of them grinned as she strolled closer to Nathan, “This one is very nice!” she smiled as she slinked up and touched Nathan on the shoulder, then slipped her whole arm around him and sniffed him closely, “Ohh and the scent he gives off is wonderful…alluring!” she said in a husky voice!

The other twin sang in with her opinion on Nathan, “And his magical aura says he was touched by Gaea herself and recently…VERY recently!”

Ellisara did not like where this might be leading and stepped between one Drow and Nathan, then lifted the twin’s hand off his back with a bit more force than most would use, “Not now and none of that he has to rest up and needs to eat!’ she warned and the twin nearest her stood her ground,”AND WHO ARE YOU!” she barked.

“I am Nathan’s designated protector and designated by the Jabbress themselves back at the embassy,” she gave nonchalantly, fully knowing such a simple statement carried a ton of weight on its own, let alone who bestowed the title on her!

Cassiral saw his charge might be in danger and the protector that called upon him acting to protect ‘the charge’ of them both! So he stepped forward and grabbed the hllt of the sword on his hip to make it ready to draw. Draw a weapon on two Drow, that was one thing a Fae let alone a human never wanted to do. He had learned many a time training with the twin Jabberess and he easily thought that their daughters must be just as bad ass and skilled as their mothers was on his mind, but he had a job to do!

The Drow nearest to Ellisara backed instantly away, “Sorry protector, I was only innocently playing with him as I would anyone.”

The other twin laughed at her sister's pain, “BUSTED! I’m Telling moms!”

Upstairs Tessa felt those waves of lust from the Drows playing with Nathan! It bothered her as her hunger for those waves of lust grew, she needed them and she tried not to feed on the free floating energy…but she did anyway…naturally as she always would for the rest of her days!

Back downstairs both Drow took time to introduce themselves, “I am LiNeersyndia'Ust or Lineer or Lin for short!” said the one dressed in camo pants and anime top.

“Ohhh so I must be Kyojsseyl'Ust or Kyo for short, some days I forget which one of us is what one or which one or however that goes!?” The one dressed in the shorts laughed as her twin joined in and quickly blended the laughing into perfect stereo!

“So you are going to Tracy this term?” Cass had to ask and anyone could tell he was taken back by the pair of cute Drow, they were far, far different than their mothers in every way in his mind. One these were teens and not the top leaders of his school that he had to mind or get his ass beat ten ways to Sunday!

“Sure we are,” Kyo began first.

“We gotta learn just like any kid and it’s best to learn at the academy instead of having moms grind on us for twenty hours a day plus!” Lin smiled.

Elli shook her head to the pair, “You both are sure not your parents!”

“I’d hope not!” Kyo shouted.

“Yep, we are teens and moms is a whole fuck lot older and has been around longer than you can count!” Lin said letting a little known cat out to the bag, most Sidhe did not really know the older pair of Drow well enough to know how old they really were!

Then Kyo shushed her sister, “SHUT IT SIS! No talking family matters unless I can too…Ohhh and we are real twins and moms kind of split from a weird split…AND THAT IS ALL I AM SAYING!” she giggled!

“Split?” Cass questioned the statement with a very dog-like head tilt of wonderment!

“You might find out if you stick around long enough!” Kyo said as she walked over to Cass and leaned up warmly to him, “You smell nice and I love those eyes!” she grinned like a cat that found fresh prey!

“Heeyyyyy I want in too!” Lin barked at her sister with both hands on her hips and one could tell she was a bit mad.

“Flip ya for him!” Kyo quipped back as she grabbed Cass and picked him bodily up as if he weighed nothing to her, “I got tails and you get heads!”

“Hey if he lands on his head too bad, he might be worth nothing to me for several days! Not fair!” Lin cried back and now Cass struggled against Kyo’s grip as he now understood that she meant to toss him into the air like a coin!

“Hey no one is tossing me and besides if I am hurt I can’t protect my charge and YOUR MOMS GETS VERY VERY MAD at both of you!” he reasoned back and Kyo let him go instantly!

“Hey now no narcing on friends!” Lin warned Cass and gave him a harsh stare of certain death. These twin Drow might be teens, but he was VERY sure their moms had trained them very well, WAY farther than him in the arts of death on his best days!

“How about this idea? I go out with Kyo here first since she was the first to step forward and do that for a few days? Then you two can switch back and forth to see if you even like me?” Cass gave hoping not to offend either one!

“Hummm I like it!” Kyo gave instantly and hugged Cass by his side.

All Lin did was hiss out at her sister, “Skank!”

“Ohhh it's on BITCH!” Kyo raged out as she waved a challenge to her sister and both ran from the room towards the back of the mansion.

The three elves and Meagan still in the room heard a door open to the rear of the large home and then it slammed closed as Tessa reappeared at the top of the stairs, “Let me guess they are fighting yet again?” she asked the group below.

“Yes…and does that happen often…them fighting?” Elli asked wanting to know more about the pair of Drow and maybe their moms too!

“Yep, it's like a game to the pair of them. They have fought like that since I met them years ago when I was little and went to their mom’s school back east” Tessa gave descending the stairs and noticed a shimmer of something floating above the group!

Tessa shook her head to the nearly invisible shimmer, “Don’t even think of pouncing on anyone LILY! AND get over here by me and show yourself NOW!” she ordered to nothing, to the very real confusion of the group.

The shimmer unseen to anyone not really knowing what to look for landed by Tessa’s side on the steps and then slowly faded into everyone’s sight. Nathan was the first to shout, “A fucking dragon!”

Tessa laughed at the shout, “She’s not a dragon,” Tessa signed as one would, having said the same thing for years, “Lily’s a wyvern.”

Lily chirped…whistled and kind of growled up to Tessa as the beast that was much bigger than a huge dog almost pony size kept between the group and her. “No Lily, they are friends and that one is Nathan! We must not bite Nathan no matter how bad he smells to you…and that’s an order from Rohanna and Rehanna. You don’t want them mad at you and I’d have to keep you outside while Nathan is staying here!”

“Does she…Lily?” Nathan asked its name and Tessa nodded back, “Does she breathe fire?”

“No silly wyvern do not breathe fire and Lily is a water wyvern. So the best she might do to ya is spit water into your face if she has a mouthful of it!’ she laughed thinking back to Lily doing just that to many people over the years.

“You left off that she can bite!” Nathan said trying to smile friendly like to the beast and Lily only growled and bared her large set of fangs back to the teen. Tessa spotted that and gave Lily a sharp rap on the rump as she admonished her, “NONE OF THAT, I told you not to even think of that and I meant it!”

Elli stepped forward towards the pair and bent down to Lily to pet her and the wyvern responded to her affection on the spot as she leaned into Elli scratching her long neck. Lily breathed out a sigh of content and Elli reacted to it, “Ohhh she might not breathe fire but she has a breath weapon….ICKK fishy breath!” she said while scrunching up her face, revolted by the harsh smell.

Tessa shrugged to Elli, “Well most of what she eats is fish, but I have a way to stop that!” she said as she fished into one of her pockets and pulled out a nearly finished roll of breath mints. Lily instantly knew what that treat was and almost ‘wagged’ her large butt before Tessa tossed one up into the air where Lily snatched it mid-flight, then started to crunch up the small mint in her mouth to taste it better!

“Neat trick, does she fetch?” Cass laughed out.

“Yes and she attacks on command too!’ Tessa grinned evilly as lily growled a bit.

Cass smiled to the wyvern, “Don’t even think about it!” he said while tapping the blade on his hip and the wyvern backed down knowing better.

Tessa laughed at Lily, “Sorry Lily but you bit off more than you can chew and besides Cass is a friend and is staying here for at least a week I bet…so you better get used to it right now girl!”

A mostly silent for all this time Meagan stepped forward to pet Lily and whispered to her, “He does not mean it, he has a job to do and you kind of get in the way when you growled at Nathan. Just be nice and I am sure I can send you some nice fish to eat down in the tide pools…it's my kind of thing now!”

An older man, dressed in what one might call modern butler garb made an appearance from almost nothing from the main hallway of the huge mansion, “Miss, are your guests staying for dinner?”

“Ohhh Hammond, yes they will all be staying and let's fire up the pizza oven down stairs so that we can play and eat…and sorta party?” Tessa said to the man.

“Fine Miss, anything else?” he asked her.

“Yes all of them will be staying the week at least make sure each has their own room and tell security to be on a higher watch as Nathan here is to be protected as best we all can.” Tessa informed the older gent.

Elli stepped forward to the man with her frame snapping open in her hand, “Hammond, I was told by Tessa that someone could be sent from here to go get mine and Cass’s bags from our home. We got called upon to help Nathan here while we were already out and not packed for a long stay.”

“Yes Miss,” he said, tapping a small computer on his wrist to connect to her computer frame and his comp beeped after she sent him all the information that was needed.

“Thanks Hammond, my family and Cass’s should have our list of needs ready if someone gets there about an hour from now?” Elli said while making a quick list of her personal needs that one of her sisters could grab from her room and she told her mom and dad where she was…as if all her friends had not already told them!

Cass was busy making his own long list and sent it off to his parents along with the same message Elli had basically sent “mom…dad, the twins called us both to protect this new Fae and we can’t say no! Might be a week plus on this task…”

Hammond stood by and waited for the teens to look as if they were done on their personal computers, “Misses…Sirs If I might show you all to your rooms so you can freshen up a bit before dinner?”

“Ohhhh crap Nathan?” Tessa asked the still confused teen, “Did you want to shower up and change your clothes?”

“Yes…” he gave timidly, not sure of what to say next, “But none of my other stuff is clean. So I have nothing to change into.”

Hammond spoke up to the teen before Tessa could, “No problem Sir this house has an ample supply of clothes in various sizes to suit nearly anyone. I am sure I have your size in stock that you can use for now, at least until you go out and obtain better to suit your personal tastes and needs.”

“Great, I hope it all fits me?” Nathan questioned the idea of a home having a spare wardrobe that numerous for guest use. He did not understand that this mansion was owned by the same woman that built it over one hundred years ago and she had many many thousands of guests over those decades that might need something to wear at the drop of a hat!

“I am sure I do have something in stock sir. And can you all please follow me upstairs to your rooms?” Hammond asked, taking his first steps up the closest set of stairs.

Hammond led the three up one floor and right, then down a long wide hallway decorated in a 1940’s motif, that left the more modern style of the main entryway. He stopped a few doors down and pointed out a door, “This is Miss Tessa’s room if you need,” then he walked to the next door. “Miss Ellisara this is your room and Nathan you are right next door. Sir Cassiral is right across the hallway so he can watch over you both better if need be. Then lady Meagan shall be the last on this side just past Cassiral’s room. ”

Elli opened the room’s door and was almost stuck dumb by the size of the room. It was at least three times bigger than her room back home and she shared that with her younger sister! The room had a king size bed, a sitting area and lots of furniture! Then she gasped seeing that the room had its own bath nearly bigger than her room back home too!

She ducked back out of her room as Cass came out of his, “Is your room as big as mine?” she asked and he looked into her’s “Yep maybe about the same size!”

Meagan went to the door that Hammond pointed out and found a room bigger than her’s back at home. “Hammond I am not sure I need a room?” she questioned the idea, “I live just down the beach a few miles and I can swim over or use one of my GG’ma’s speedboats to land on your beach here, then walk up to the house.”

“Well Lady, it's reserved for your use until you are sure it's no longer needed, besides we have the room and we are not expecting any other guests for quite some time. Then you could always use this room to shower up after your swim over and boating over will still get you a little bit wet and in need of freshening up anyway?”

“Fine Hammond, you are right and twisting my arm so very much to have a room so nice I guess I will give into the pain of it all and bear the burden!” Meagan laughed.

“Glad you like them, the bedding was changed before your arrival and extra towels are in the baths for your needs. Call me via the touchpad next to the door here. Hammond said as he pointed one out to the pair and showed them the menu to call him, “And this controls the AC and lights. Then there is a remote on the nightstand that can do the same tasks.”

Elli had to question something as it ‘popped’ into her head, “Hammond how did you know all of our full names? Meagan or Cass or even I never told you and Tessa certainly did not have the time yet…that I know of?”

“Easy Miss, the Leigh twins told us here that you all were coming and to be ready.” he smiled opening Nathan’s room door for him, “Is this room good for you sir?” he asked.

“Ahhh ya…I guess?” the confused teen stuttered out not knowing what to say seeing a room this big set aside just for his use.

“Good sir, please follow me,” he asked and led Nathan farther down the hallway and around a short corner. Cass followed, behind not wanting his charge to leave his sight unless the teen was inside his room. Hammond stopped at a room’s door that was a bit less ornate than the bedroom doors and opened it. Inside was the biggest walk-in closet both of the teens had ever seen, the place was almost a store in itself!

“Hummm let me see here…” Hammond pondered as he walked down the right side of the huge room that had several aisles of clothing. One side, the left seemed to be all women's clothes. One could tell by all the long hanging bags that must contain dresses and what might be matching shoes under each one in a box. Nathan noted that each and every bag had an info pocket on its front that held paperwork plus a picture of the dress on a dummy to show its contents.

“Over here sir,” Hammond called to the teen. And as Nathan walked over as Hammond sized him up on the spot, “humm I would have to guess that you are Mr Dean’s size in jeans and here are two of those.” he said handing the teen two pairs of Levis jeans.

Nathan sized them by unfolding one pair and holding them up to his waist and found that they should be a match. Next Hammond handed the boy a package of new 100% cotton underwear in his size with some socks to match and then moved onto shirts.

“T-shirt or dress sir?” Hammond asked.

“I guess a tee is fine by me and I don’t need a dress shirt yet?” he said and asked Cass with a shrug if he might need one soon?

Cass shook his head to the question, “No need for now, we can buy those later this week.”

“So no formal wear sir?”

“Nope,” Cass said for Nathan.

“Too bad I would bet you are an exact match for Mr Hughes,” Hammond noted, “Too bad,” he said again, taking a pair of very expensive wool slacks off the rack and sizing them up to Nathan.

“Those look like a very old style, yet real new or barely worn?” Cass questioned the man and smoothed his hand along the fabric of the pants feeling the fine cloth for himself.

“Yes they are a bit old, but good fashion never dies and I had hope that this look would come back. Howard was very classy in this style!” Hammond smiled.

“Howard?” Cass asked and Hammond nodded back. “As in Howard Hughes the airplane guy?!”

“Yes and remember he owned a motion picture studio that Madame of the house worked at!”

Cass thought about that statement for a second before he asked, “Let me guess that Mr Dean is James Dean, the guy who died real young and wore jeans all the time?”

“Yes Mr Dean was very young when he died,” and Cass could tell that Hammond must have known the guy personally because you could tell he was still sad at that loss! “If only Mr Dean had heeded Madam and took her plane that day, instead of that sports car he might be still alive today!”

“Okay, but you look human and not older than Thirty at the worst?” Cass asked Hammond.

“Ohhh sir I am far far older and very very Fae. AND I bet a Fae that you have never even heard of or let alone seen!” Hammond laughed, “then add I was the first one at the mansion when it was built in nineteen twelve. Heck I picked out most of the carpets, drapes and paints for Madam before she moved in. I understood her tastes and she trusted me to choose them well in her stead. Then a few years later Mr Hearst made sure a railroad spur passed by the Mansion and she lived up there part of the filming season for the studios.”

Nathan knew his history well and the names just dropped by Hammond intrigued him wildly. ‘What kind of new life was he headed into when his new friends knew people like those and knew them VERY well!’

He just has to ask a question that was killing him, “Does this Madam still work or act at the studios?”

“Yes she does, she still acts and produces many pictures herself. It's one of the best ways to make great deals of money in Hollywood.” Hammond said as he stepped farther down the aisle of clothes and asked, “Shoe size sir?”

“Ahh my ten and halves still fit well even after I changed.” Nathan said as he sized up his shoes by wiggling his toes in them and looking at how the shoes flexed back.

Hammond nodded and pulled a shoe box off the shelf home dozens of them, Nathan even noted that the whole shelf was even marked with a small brass plaque ‘size 10-10.5 US mens’ “Would you like sneakers, high tops, boots or a dress shoe?” Hammond asked before he pulled the box fully off the shelf.

“I love sneakers and how about a dark color too?” Nathan said as he peeked at the box and Hammond slid it back, then looked for another box and then handed it to Nathan, “Would this work and please try them on.” he asked while he pulled a small bench seat from a corner nearby.

Nathan took the box and noted it had a smaller picture of what was inside on its front just like the large bags containing dresses did. He pulled off his shoe and Hammond opened the package of clean socks and handed one to the teen before he put the shoe on. Nathan stood up and sized the shoes on his feet with a wiggle of toes, then a few flexes of the shoe to see if it slid around any.

“Feels great and I never owned a pair like these Nikes! I never could afford them with my other brother and sister around!”

“Well you can have them sir, on the house so to speak and I will have them replaced to keep my stock up in this size.” Hammond added as he moved along the rack to a section of outerwear like coats and others. “Now to get you a clean ‘hoodie’ you kids call them these days…in the past we just called them ‘sweats’ and only wore them in a gym or exercising!”

Hammond moved several ‘hoodies’ and hooded tops around on the rack of them as Nathan asked, “Why do I need one with all the elves here in LA to hide around?”

“Because Nathan, until you learn to hide your Sidhe ears, eyes and other features with magic. It’s best to use and have the very simplest of disguises ready for use at any time.” Cass said as Hammond handed Nathan a very nice gray colored top with several patches of embroidering on it. This was a VERY ‘in’ fashion designer ‘hoodie’ he had never seen before, one that would cost several hundred dollars at any shop that even carried the rare line of this designer!

“That should do it and remember these are all yours to keep.” Hammond said again making sure the teen understood.

“Even the jeans, I mean they were owned by James Dean!”

“Yes, even the jeans. It's not as if I could prove that he left them here?”Hammond said knowing that Mr Dean would approve of giving a needy teen a simple pair of his jeans…ones that he most likely got for free himself from the maker or the film studios!

With everything set Nathan went back to his new room, as Cassiral waited in the hallway, “I’ll take the watch while you shower up Elli” he offered as his duty required that at least one of them was on watch while taking care of Nathan.

“You sure Cass?” Elli had to ask, “I bet this place is safer than it looks?”

Hammond overheard the conversation as he was just headed back downstairs to his myriad of duties, “Miss and Sir this a Queen of the dark courts home and the protections on this mansion are massive. Then add I have several Dark court warriors on staff and other creatures to call upon…one would need an army or atom bomb to take this house and my bet is on the bomb not even making a dent on this homes shields!” he said with some pride, as he might be the very one that set up the mansion's many defenses!

“I can wait Hammond, but thanks for being so ready and vigilant. It makes me feel better knowing the mansion is ready for all takers. “Cass gave with a small nod of his head to honor the man.

“As you wish sir, the house stands by for any you needs or of any needs of our guests,” Hammond said as he took back to going downstairs.

Elli smiled to Cass with a giggle “Well I am going to take that shower and then wait for my things…thanks my protector!” Then she closed the door.

While Cass waited a messenger arrived with several helpers who had the pair of elve’s bags. Meagan did not have any bags because she chose not to stay the night and her home was only a few miles down the shoreline, so she could take a speedboat home at any time.

Cass had the helpers place his bags inside his room as he knocked on Elli’s door, “Your bags are here and girl did you leave anything at home…I think part of your house is out here and maybe one of your sisters is inside the bags too!” he jests at how many bags she had brought over!

Elli showed herself at the door in a long thick bathrobe that she was snuggled in, she waved to the helpers to bring in her bags…ten of them! “Well I got my stuff and needs…you have yours you SPARTAN!” She laughed and closed the door after the helpers were done.

Shortly Cass was done with hsi short shower and getting dressed. He looped the sword’s belt around his waist and latched the buckle. “Man I love this blade, the scabbard is so ornate and I know it's one of the best blades out. I hope my own is this good someday!”

He opened his door and found everyone waiting for him out in the large long hallway that split the mansion. “All waiting for little old me?” he laughed.

“Well now we can get going with the dummy here!” Elli smiled back and so did Tessa who giggled at Cass’s pain!

Tessa shook her head to the pair as she led them down stairs, “Well we are going to eat down the more fun level of this place, the basement. Well the livable basement, there are several floors below that one! But this floor is level with most of the back yard, the smaller pool nearest the house and has the game room, the theater, the bar, then a very big family area around a few TV’s. Ohh and there is a small 50’s dinner down there with the wood fired pizza oven that I asked Hammond to warm up for us!”

As the kids all got to the basement all Nathan could do was wolf whistle at what he saw, “Man I am in heaven and could get used to this!” he almost gasped that the over five thousand square feet of the mansion’s lowest living level…it was a play yard for kids, teens and adults just like Tessa said!

“You all like it?” Tessa asked and they nodded back, “Does my Aunty know how to entertain and relax or not?”

“That she does!” said Cass.

The Drow twin’s opened the doors to the theater and one grabbed a remote pad and waved a finger to ‘toss’ the movie they were watching onto one of the family room’s huge TV’s “We waited for you all, but got an order in for pizza to be ready for ya!”

“Yep we got three all cheese, two all meat, two pepperoni and a huge veggie for you grazers!”

All of them filed into the 50’s styled dinner area of the entertainment floor and made note of the long hot table that took place of where one would usually find the cooking area behind the counter and started digging into the line of food that included some extras the Drow twins did not mention. A few types of french fries, normal, wedge and seasoned curly. Some nachos with toppings and other chips. Then some other small hot snacks like mini hot pockets and mini burritos of various flavors!

Cass was the first to ask one of the cooking staff, “Where is the soda?”

“Right over there sir next to the bar area” the man pointed out a soda machine like one would find in a restaurant and there were two spinning slushie machines at work next to them too!

Cass looked over the large well equipped bar as the machine poured some soda into his cup, he spotted a large glass front case that instantly caught his eye. The case or cupboard was a small part of the many shelves of hundreds of liquor bottles. It had a set of leaded glass doors that had a family crest in the middle done in stained glass…the crest of the ‘true’ queen of the sidhe and not the electected one that held office for fifty years until the elder council chose a new one.

That ‘true’ Queen’s crest could only be used by those she deemed could use it in her name and breaking that law meant some kind of punishment! He opened one of the doors to see what could be inside and inside was a line up of five bottles. He took out the last one in the line and read the label off.

To the shock of Cass it read, “Queen’s private diamond reserve…1852” Cass whistled at the bottle. He had never seen one and he knew even his parents had not seen one either and most likely would not until their one hundredth wedding anniversary or if they had a tenth child! The queen always sent one to families who reached that time of their lives as tradition.

He so wanted to open the bottle and try it out, the flavor must be ‘awesome’ he thought. Then add this brandy gave the drinker a HUGE hit of magical essence that would last for hours if not days if unused…then add a few small shots could even get a Drow drunk!

This stuff had to be sipped slowly NEVER GULPED down or you fell DOWN!

But Cass did know one thing, this bottle had to be opened a certain way or it spoiled the whole thing. Next it had to be served a certain way or the magic essence would just flow away to nothing as it was poured out and add the brandy might become poisonous too if you did all of that wrong!

The last item of information that he knew of this type of Brandy made him put the bottle back where he found it…this one bottle could be worth more than his parent’s home if it was older! But certainly it was worth more than a new car as it stood now!

Cass sighed sadly as he finished filling his soda, “I would love to try that and be the first kid I know that did!” He then spun around to find Hammond standing there cleaning up the bar top and making sure that the supplies were stocked up.

“Cassiral…young one. I will gladly open and drink some of that with you when you hit your first quarter and Nathan is safe…we will celebrate that day of your life and do hold me to that promise please. I need them to mark my passing years with good days that need to be remembered.” Cass nodded back to the man’s promise, “I will and thanks Hammond!”

Cass walked away thinking that he was less than ten years from that mark of his life, that Sidhe calibrated certain things in a person’s life. One was living till your first year, the year most called the most dangerous because in the past most kids didn't make it past that one! Next was year Twenty five or a ‘Quarter’ where you were now a full adult and could vote in elder elections and have a say in how your own family was ran…you could even talk back to your parents and they had to listen to your word…now heeding them was something different, but they had to listen!

At one hundred was a smaller celebration, but a huge one was two hundred and fifty! As you were now old enough to join the council yourself! The last of the big ones was at one thousand and those elders HAD to be listened to with that many decades behind them, they had seen it all!

All the teens ate in and around the dinner’s food service and field up fast until Kyo one of the Drow twins suggested, “Hey let's set up a game on the x-box ultimate and see who lasts the longest in a head to head shooter?”

All of the teens agreed and filed into the large family room and plopped on the large couch with their plates still heaped with food! They started to play and found the Drow were not a pushover in video games and that Cass kept up with them well! About an hour in and not even five PM Elli noticed that Nathan had fallen asleep.

Elli nudged the new elf, “Hey Nathan get up and go to bed buddy.” and she nudged him several times and all he did was snooze even louder!

Cass tried a few times and could not wake the kid, “Boy he is out and I’d really hate to even try harder to wake him after what he has been through.”

Lin was taken out of the video game by her twin blasting her icon to bits and shook her fist in defeat as Meagan and her kept playing on, “I got this, us Drow are a bit stronger than you normal elves!” she said as she bent down and picked up Nathan’s sleeping body like she was cradling a small baby.

“Are you going to carry him up two stories?” Cass questioned the Drow.

“I could but we have an elevator over there silly!” and she nodded over by the fish tank that nearly filled one wall and that is when Cass and Elli noticed the well hidden elevator door for the first time!

Elli ran over and found the elevator button a bit hidden in the wall’s woodwork and pressed the ‘up’ button, when the car came all three four loaded up and then up to Nathan’s room where Elli pulled back the bed’s sheet and Lin dropped him on top.

“You ladies go, I’ll get most of his clothes off and tuck the guy in.” Cass offered being the only male present.

“Good, join us back downstairs and when he wakes up tomorrow we get some need shopping done for him.” Elli said while leaving the room and Lin stopped at the room’s control panel and tapped a few buttons, “That is all set we can hear anything in the room if he wakes or needs something and I set the room to highest security mode…no one gets in here without someone on the security staff knowing and they will patrol by this room on the half hour all night!”

“The staff here is that big?” Elli asked, leaving the room with Lin close behind.

“Yep this is a queen’s house. There are six guards on duty at all times in rotation and triple that or more if she is here. My moms asked for more and they doubled that number to a dozen all for Nathan’s protection.”

“Good to hear that and we are going shopping tomorrow, want to come along?” Elli asked if Lin was going.

“A chance to burn up my mom's credit cards…YOU BET!” she grinned evilly back!

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Shadowsblade here.

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

Copyright © 2022 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wrong chapter number

According to your established numbering scheme, this should be ch13. And there's already a ch1.
Further the chapter header is wrong, because there's no reference to pixie "John" in this chapter.
And which chapter is the predecessor of this one? I'm lost here.

whoops

shadowsblade's picture

whoops

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

elves in hollywood?

shadowsblade's picture

anyone else liking the idea of elves in hollywood?

makes the statement of 'hollywood magic!" make more sense now!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Sure

why not. :-) It increases the variety. And if there can be witches at an all girls catholic school then I don't see why there can't be elves in Hollywood.

1st paragraph

When and how did Tessa end up in her bedroom? There's an important connection missing from the preceding chapter. It felt like this to me: I'm sitting in a cinema watching the latest sci-fi movie and suddenly I find myself standing in a tools store looking at swimming pool equipment. Please rewrite it so that there's a connection to the preceding chapter.

Otherwise thx for another nice chapter^^

from last chapter at the end

shadowsblade's picture

Tessa slipped in the door and closed it behind her with a small thud. Then she tapped a display screen by the door and the lights came up in the whole house, “Hey you two we have more guests your moms gave us!” she said to the panel and then ran up one of the entryways two grand staircases.

After Tessa left, Cassiral had to jest, “I guess we wait here or we might get lost in this zip code of a house!”

she ran up the stairs to her room....

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective