Dearly Beloved - 14: A Dresden Files Fanfic

Printer-friendly version

The Dresden Files/Codex Alera is copyright Jim Butcher. This story is licensed under the Creative Commons as derivative, noncommercial fiction.

Chapter Fourteen

I apparently now drove a white BMW i8 roadster convertible. It was a gorgeous car, white with black accents. I pressed the start button and the car purred to life. I pressed the sunglass compartment and it eased open, handing me a pair of Cartier Paris 18k gold sunglasses that looked damned sexy on me.

I put the sunglasses on, and pursed my lips in the mirror, running my fingers through my bangs to make sure they were perfect, then pressed the accelerator. The car responded perfectly, the wheel turning the wheels moving elegently as I drove through the early afternoon deserted streets of Chicago.

That bitch had stolen my body.

I drove to the penthouse, and stalked into the building. Jerry opened the door for me, just like he always did.

"Welcome back, Ms. Raith."

"Thank you, Jerry."

"Can I have anything sent up to your penthouse?"

"Not right now, but thank you. Are you staying safe from the virus?"

"Of course, Ms. Raith. Doing everything we can."

"Excellent, Jerry. Say hi to Ingram for me."

"I will, Ms. Raith."

I inserted my key into the lock in the elevator, then pressed my thumb to the activator. Immediately, the elevator rose directly to the top.

I got out. I wanted a shower, badly, but I also wanted to visit with Thomas about my assignment…and…was there something else?

Not bothering to knock, I opened his door, and walked into the foyer, putting my sunglasses back into my purse.

"How did it go?" He said.

"Perfectly, of course."

"You got them back where they belong?"

I frowned. This wasn't right. None of this was right. I looked out the open wall of Thomas's penthouse and could see all of Chicago laid out in front of me. I knew my, I mean, Lara's view was even more spectacular. And where Thomas's penthouse was dark, mine was light. I knew if I wallked in there, fresh flowers in a vase would be sitting on the table. I had a luxury bathtub that I wanted to…luxuriate in. I had everything I could possibly need or want at an instant's request, the benefit of being not only super-rich but super-powerful.

"Lara?" Thomas said.

"Hmm?"

"Did you?"

"Did I what, darling?"

"Did you get them back where they belong."

"Oh. Ummm."

"Something wrong?"

I frowned. Wasn't there something wrong? Yes. Definitely. Something was Definitely Wrong.

"Yes." I said

"Yes what?"

I put my hand to my head. "Something is definitely wrong."

"Can you be a little more specific?"

I blinked, looking at my brother. He was so strong, so handsome, so debonair. God, I needed to feed. I wanted to take a bath, get gorgeous, and go out and hunt.

"I don't think I'm where I'm supposed to be."

"What do you mean?"

I thought about that. What did I mean? I mean, I was home, right? With Thomas, my brother? That was right, right?

"I mean, something happened."

"What, Lara? What happened?" he came to me, standing right in front of me.

"Thomas, oh my god. She stole my body."

"Wait, what?"

"Harry, I mean…Lara. She stole my body!"

"So you aren't Lara."

I frowned. "Yes, well, no, I'm not. Not the Lara you know. I'm…"

"Harry?"

"Yes! That's it. I'm really…who you said."

"What the hell happened?"

"I don't know, exactly. We were preparing. She led us through some…breathing. Then I woke up, and I'm…here. Ugh, it's so hard to think me."

"Hard to think you?"

"Yes, me…um…the wizard."

"Harry."

"Yes! Thomas you have to do something!"

Thomas, shook his head. "Harry, or Lara, I don't know how to tell you this, but Lara is the only one I know who has that level of Tantric Magic."

He sighed and walked over to his computer screen where he pressed the facetalk button. I heard the faux ringing in the background, and the bloop when it didn't answer.

"I think they might be, um, getting busy," I said.

"That isn't good, Harry. Let's get over there."

Which is how I ended up in Thomas's matching black Mercedes i8 roadster convertible. He drove much faster than I did, ignoring most of the streetlights.

We got to the Dresden residence, and I followed Thomas up to the front door where he pounded on the door incessantly.

Harry opened it awhile later, wearing a bathrobe. His hair was delightfully messed up.

"What?" he said in a loud voice. "We Do Not wish to be disturbed, Thomas, if you know what I mean."

"Lara, cut the crap," Thomas said. "What have you done?"

"God, is she still going on about that? She thinks she's Harry Dresden. She's nuts, now leave us alone!"

Thomas shot an arm out and caught Harry by the throat. He walked inside, holding Harry up as the wizard started to choke.

"In…fr…ig…a!" he said, and ice blasted into the room, coating everything including Thomas's arm in ice. Thomas was forced to let go, lest his arm freeze and shatter.

"Look, Brother I don't want to hurt you. I don't know what that bitch said, but you know Lara…"

"And I know you, 'Harry,' and no matter how angry you might be you wouldn't have blasted me just now. So shut the fuck up, sit down, and tell me what's going on!"

Murphy had come out to see what all the shouting was about. "What's this now?"

"Ugh!" Harry said. "Fineeee, Thomas. I was just having a little fun, and you had to come and spoil it."

"Harry?" Murphy said. "What's going on?"

"My sister," Thomas said, fury making his voice a hiss. "While she had access to your and Harry's body, switched into Harry and put him in Lara."

Murphy blinked. "Is that true?"

I nodded. "Yeah, Murph. It's me in here. Or…somewhat me. It's hard to think, and I'm so damned hungry."

"Why didn't you say something?" Murphy said.

"I did, but she had some kind of block on me that wouldn't let me say my own name. In fact, I still can't say it. 'I'm Lara Raith.' See?

"You mean, I just had sex with…"

"Oh, Gods, Lara. Tell me you did not—"

"I did! I came! And so did she!" He cackled gleefully.

Murphy gave a shy smile, like a schoolgirl on her first date. It made my heart break, the way her eyes lit up when she looked at him.

Thomas turned to me. "Harry, tell me something and be completely honest. Have you climaxed since being put in that body?"

"Um, no?" I said. "At least, I don't think so. It's been less than an hour, for gods sake, how did you…and why is that important?"

I immediately felt something slide into me from somewhere. I gasped, spreading my legs a little. "Oh my god, what is that?" I said.

Harry cackled again.

"Stop it, Lara! Right now!" He went over and moved to slap Harry across the face, but Harry took up his staff. "Defendarius!" he said, and Thomas was turned aside by a magical forcefield I knew only too well.

Problem was, I couldn't really concentrate on what was happening, because some…thing, was thrusting into me. Something warm and thick, and it pulsed. I moaned softly.

"Fight it, Harry!" Thomas said, struggling to get to Lara in my body.

"I'm…t. .." I said, but the last part of that word came out as a gasp.

"Murphy!" Thomas said, as a gale rose inside the house. "Distract him!"

Murphy blinked. "Why is everyone so upset? I don't understand what's going on?"

I couldn't help myself. My legs parted a bit on their own as whatever it was forced it's way into me. Moaning, my hips started to gyrate in response.

This was not happening. I thought about the lineup of the Chicago Cubs, going through jersey numbers and batting averages. Thomas hammered on the shield as the wind tore our voices away from our mouths, a cyclonic rushing so I could hear nothing but Thomas roaring as he thrust himself time and again against the shield. I knew he couldn't hold it forever, not against Thomas, especially enraged Thomas.

Murphy pulled out a pistol. She pointed it at Thomas, a frown creasing her lovely face

"Murph, no!" I said, my voice rising as the thrusting increased. "Shoot Harry!"

This body was designed for sex, being sensual in all the right places. I felt warmth in my groin and my nipples hardened as the thrusting continued.

Something pinched one of my nipples, hard, pulling and I squealed, the thing impaling me thrusting even deeper and faster.

"Oh god!" I said. Then repeated. "Oh, god, oh god, ohgodohgodohgod, OHhhhhhHHH!" I screamed, feeling something flood through me. My body trembled, and my toes tried to curl up into my designer sneakers. I spasmed over and over, as the gale finally relaxed, and the shield dropped.

"It's done!" Harry laughed. "She came!"

I was still spasming, wanting to lay down, running my fingers through my hair. "W. just happened?"

Thomas's shoulders slumped. He turned to me. "I'm so, so sorry, Harry."

"Will someone please tell me, w. just happened, and what was just in me?"

Harry chuckled, sitting on the sofa. "A spirit tentacle." He wiggled his fingers and looked at Thomas. "Wizard!"

"Yeah yeah, don't rub it in."

"Why was it so important that I shouldn't climax."

Thomas sighed, walking over to me. "The tantric Magic, Harry. You better sit down for this."

I nodded, waddling over to the chair and sitting down. After the orgasm, if that's what that was, I felt incredibly good, incredibly…incredible, actually. Alive like I've never felt before. I wiggled my fingers, marvelling at how they felt, their long-nailed tips

"I guess I'm not understanding," I said. "I actually feel a lot better."

"Of course, you do," Thomas said. "Your mind, spirit, and soul just aligned to your body."

"You mean Lara's body?"

"No, idiot." Harry said. "That's your body now. Signed, sealed and delivered."

I looked at Thomas, who could only close his eyes and nod his head.

"Ah crap."

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

There will be hell to pay

Jamie Lee's picture

The real Lara has really screwed up by what she initially did to Harry, and just made it worse by causing Lara/Harry to have an orgasm and locking him in the Lara body.

There is no way she will be able to act as Harry does because she's too arrogant and won't be able to resist using Harry's powers.

And unless she can somehow silence Thomas, he will be able to spill the beans when Mab again comes around.

The real Harry has experienced a pissed off Mab, the real Lara hasn't, yet.

Others have feelings too.