New Girl on the Cheer Squad chapter 5

Printer-friendly version
New Girl on the Cheer Squad

By Julia Michelle
Owen learns of the fallout from his record changes and begins living as Olivia.
Olivia learns about the consequences for Crystal and himself

Chapter 5

Owen had been sitting in class by some of his best friends on the squad. Holly and Jennifer were there with him as they were studying English when suddenly two men entered the room. The men appeared very serious and flashed a United States Marshals badge and said, “I am United States Deputy Marshal Samuel Garard and I to speak to Olivia Benson.”

He looked right at Owen. At least he used Owens's feminine name to not out him in front of the entire class. Owen stood up and approached, looking up weakly. His whole body was trembling. “I am Olivia.”

The Marshal said warmly, “Ma’am, you aren't in trouble. We just need some answers. Can you come with us please and we can figure this out.”

Olivia followed the two marshals to the doors where her new mother, Jane, was waiting. The Marshals led them to their car, and they drove off. They went across the town and stopped in front of a small office building. The Marshals let the two out and led them into the building and turned into a small office with recording equipment. Olivia sat beside Jane, and the lead Marshal Samuel Gerard sat behind the desk and began. “Olivia, that's become your legal name. You have the right to remain silent, and if you give up the right to remain silent, then anything you may be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, and if you can't afford one, then the court can appoint you an attorney. Do you understand the rights as I have presented them?”

“Yes, Sir,” Owen replied.

Jane spoke up, “Is he a suspect?”

“No,” Samuel replied. “The Miranda is just a formalization. And we felt that since much of this involves Olivias records that we should inform her of her rights, and that she may become a suspect. But we highly doubt it. I do recommend you have your attorney present. And we will wait.”

Jane agreed and made the call for her attorney, and he came immediately. Hearing his client was being questioned by a United States Federal Marshal. But Roberta suspected something like this was going to happen since this shit storm of Owens records began. But she expected the FBI to investigate. Marshals did fugitive retrieval and such. Why were they investigating a high school student records being changed? Well, this shit storm went right up to the Governor's office, so that may be right. His appointed Attorney General was involved.

Roberta made it to the federal building and found her client Jane in the office with her new daughter Olivia, and they sat down. She demanded a single minute with her clients to get the entire story of how all of this happened. It was even more unbelievable. So the coach initiated it thinking she was doing Owen a favor helping her become a girl. And it all happened by force and blackmail. Luckily, Olivia loved the idea because she was very feminine to begin with and wanted to get out of the rough contact sports her father pushed her into. Olivia wanted Coach Chrystal protected. Olivia said it wasn't the coach's fault. Roberta insisted it was, but Olivia wouldn't even hear of it. In her mind, she loved Chrystal and wanted her protected. Roberta finished by saying, “We will do what we can. Much of this is in the hands of the Marshals now, and a federal DA who will make the final determinations of whose ass ends up in prison. We will put in a very good word for her, Olivia. But I doubt it will mean much. We are dealing with some very serious federal charges. But none of this should blowback on Olivia. Olivia is seen as the victim here. But clearly, the Marshals left the door open if anything changes. That's why they Mirandized Olivia. I think we are ready to begin.

Roberta led the Marshals in, and they begin the questioning. They started by asking Olivia to state what all happened in her mind. Jane told Olivia to be honest about everything. She wasn't sure about that but felt pressured. She feared it was going to sound very stupid.

“The cheerleading squad was down one member, and they needed someone. So the coach and some of the girls came up with this idea and prompted by my sister Megan to make me do it. Megan gave them some of the information they needed to force me into it. I drove the family's car into another car six months prior, and she took the blame for it. She threatened to go to my parents if I didn't agree to join the squad and become a girl member. I agreed, and the coach said she would have my records changed to say I was female. I figured she just meant the school records. I met the girls, and I learned the cheers with the Varsity squad, and I joined. Then I demanded as a condition knowing she changed my records to place me in charge to start training for competitions. I pushed her into a corner, knowing she couldn't refuse now, so it was agreed. Then because my father doesn't approve of my lifestyle and becoming a girl, mother made arrangements with Jane to become my guardian and help me. That's when she realized the changes to my records don't stop at the school. It went all the way to the state level and my social security. I am female, and she needs to get that solved. So she made the calls to the Federal Marshals.”

“The Coach knows the Attorney General, and she made arrangments with him. They were seeing each other. So, just to clear this up, your name was Owen Benson, and you have lived as male?”

“Yes,” Olivia stated.

“And you are Transitioning to female?”

“Yes,” Olivia agreed.

“Are you doing this on your own, or are yo being blackmailed into it by Megan?” Samuel asked.

“She isn't blackmailing me. I have always felt this way. It's just that Megan thought it would give her an edge over me if she pushed this. It didn't give her anything.”

The Marshals took down Megan's name and said they may have to ask her some questions later.

“So when did you meet Crystal and find out she had your records changed?”

“That was the next morning my sister and her friends blackmailed me into becoming a member of the cheerleading squad,” Olivia replied

Samuel frowned. “The next morning? That's are impossible. They have had already decided you were going to do it and had already done it before meeting her.”

“I didn't know that.” Olivia said. “they must have known I was going to do it. What if I refused?”

“It wouldn't have mattered. You were Olivia then whether or not you agreed to their demands. You would have had to quit school and get this solved.”

“I am glad I am transgender then, or else I would have hated this,” Olivia stated.

“Can you go easy on Crystal. I know this is serious, but I really feel she has helped me so much. I would hate for her to go to prison over me.” Olivia pleaded.

“You didn't cause this, Olivia,” Samuel stated. “Its caused by her actions. But I will see if we can give her any leniency. That will depend on her cooperation.

Then, Samuel, had Olivia make a written statement and signed It. Roberta approved and signed it. A few more questions were asked, and then they took Olivia back home. The school was over by then.

Jane had to Follow Megan in for questioning later, and they got her part of the story and let her go back home. By then, it was late into the evening, and they went to sleep.

They had to wake up for school the next morning, and Megan approached Olivia and said, “Owen, I am sorry for this. I am sorry for pushing you into being a girl. I know this is who you are, but I shouldn't have forced you into it. I pushed our rivalry way too far. I will do what I can to help my little sister from now on. Just ask me for anything.”

Olivia hugged her sister tightly. Then she ran into the shower and washed off. She used the iron to put some curls into the bottom of her hair and got dressed.

She ran down the steps wearing her skinny jeans and a sexy tight top. Megan came running down, and Owen then asked, “Megan, what is going on?”

“I wanted to live with my sister, that's all. I asked mom if I could stay with you two. She agreed. And don't worry, Olivia, I will not mistreat you anymore.”

Olivia smiled, and they went to school together.

That's when everything really happened. The principal approached Olivia and took her into the office. Crystal was there with Samuel.

Crystal started, “Owen. Thanks for what you said. It meant a lot. I won't be able to coach here anymore. I am being fired. Lucky, the DA had leniency on me. I will do probation and won't be able to work for any school during that time. And a big condition is I can't have any more contact with you.”

“So who will be the coach now, The assistant Lynn?” Olivia asked.

The principal shook his head no. “No, We have decided that should be you. You will be the cheerleaders head coach now.

“Me!” Olivia nearly shouted. “I am a freshmen student. I just started here. How can you make me the girl's head coach?”

“You pushed to be in charge, and we don’t have the budget to hire another head coach right now. We are going to agree to settle with your family for close to a million dollars. We think you can handle the job.”

Crystal shook Olivia’s hand, and it was settled. Olivia was led to her new main office, where she was shown all of the student's files and their histories. One of those files included Olivia. Lynn would be working under Olivia. Olivia was now in charge of all of the cheerleaders, both squads now.

And she was preparing for her morning classes on top of it all. She looked up and nearly shouted, “How in the hell am I going to do all of this?”

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well Crystal REALLY DID

Samantha Heart's picture

Screw up & she knows it now. I dont think she knew what trouble she would cause Olivia by making her a CIS female. School records are ine thing, but when you start messing arround with state records & social security ESPECIALLY social security thats when the feds step in.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

It's the money

They keep saying they don't have the money to hire another head coach. Why? If Coach Crystal has been fired, they can use the rest of her salary to pay a new coach. Unless I missed something. Olivia doesn't have the required education and training to be a teacher. Schools here in Oklahoma, all the way up to college level, are getting wavers to allow non-certified people to be teachers. This usually involves people who have years of real experience in the workforce that substitutes for the certificates they do not possess.

Now, I can't see any state licensing board to grant waivers to Olivia, honestly. My suspension of disbelief gets a little battered at that point.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin