The New Recruits Part 14

Printer-friendly version

0900 hrs., ABM Freight, Knoxville, Tn.:
Mr. Dish was looking over the trucking report in his office when his bodyguard comes flying through the door. He lands crumpled up several feet inside his office. He reaches under his desk for his gun, as Kat comes walking in. She had two people in full body armor standing behind her.

Kat looks down at the crumpled form on the floor. The poor sap should have known better to put his hands on her body. Normally, she wouldn’t have drop-kicked his dumbass, but he had the nerve to touch her body.

“You could have knocked or call Kat.” Kline looks at Kat.

She was wearing full body armor, without her head covered. He also noticed she had her guns on her waist. He knew she carried Hi-Power Brownings.

“Consider your henchman, me knocking.” Kat was trying to control her temper. She was pissed and wanted to know who was trying to kill her and her family.

“Fine! So, what brings you down here to my trucking firm?” Kline looks at Kat intensely.

Zak and Stanley were standing quietly behind Kat. They were her back-up should she needs it. They also wonder how Kat knew about this place.

Kat looks at Kline with a serious look on her face. She wanted to see the anger in her eyes “I want to know who put a hit out on me and my family?”

This was the first Kline had heard anything about a hit out on Kat or her family. If someone was operating in his territory without him knowing about it. Then he needs to find out who it is and why they didn’t inform him.

“This is a first that I have heard about a hit out on you and your family, Kat. You know I would inform you if I knew about it?”

“Why would you tell her if there is a hit on her and her family?” Zak was curious.

Kline looks towards Zak “who are you and what is your relationship to Kat?”

“Stanley Underwood and I'm Mrs. Romano’s bodyguard.”

Kline raises an eyebrow because he has never known Kat to need bodyguards before. He looks at Kat and back towards Stanley “because her
father saved my daughter’s life. That is a debt I owe him and since he has died, it carries over to Kat.”

Stanley could understand that reasoning. However, he has never known mobsters like Kline to honor such promises. He figures there is more to it then he was letting on.

Kat wonders who was dumb enough to operate in Dish’s area. She knew some of the other bosses around, wouldn’t do something so stupid.

“Look Kline, someone is operating in your territory and they are after me and my family. Paul got information that led him to India. Do you know anything about any assassins and such that operate from India?”

“No, I don’t, Kat. You know we either contract locally or from overseas, but never from countries like India or the Middle East.” Kline didn’t trust assassins or mercenaries from overseas or even South America.

“Is there anyone that might hire from overseas?” Kat wonders if there is someone else that might know?

“The only person who comes to mind would be Sam "Scotty" Kliner. He uses assassins from the Middle East and such. Why he would come after you, I wouldn’t know. Also, he wouldn’t operate in my territory without permission.” Kline figures if he was operating in his territory, there would be problems.

“Well, someone is operating in your territory. Maybe you should look into the matter?” Kat made it sound like a suggestion.

Kline looks at Kat and heard how she pitched her words. Normally, he wouldn’t allow someone to a suggestion like that, but he also knows.

That Kat and her husband could make problems for him if she wanted too. Most of his people knew better than to mess with her and her people.

“I’ll see what I can do for you, Kat. I make no promises.”

“Thanks, Kline. I’ll owe you.” Kat hated owing people, but she knew this was a big request.

Afterward Kat, Zak, and Stanley turn around and leave Dish’s office. They head back towards the armored SUV they arrived in.

“So, where to now?” Stanley looks at Kat.

“My office. I need to pick up a few things.” Kat wanted to pick up some of her personal weapons.

“That is kind of dangerous, Mrs. Romano.”

“I know and if someone is dumb enough to attack me at my place again, they will regret it.” There was anger in Kat’s voice.

Stanley just shakes his head as they load up in the SUV. He was driving, as Kat rode in the back. She didn’t like playing passengers when there was a target painted on her. They head towards K&P Services.

Zak was keeping his eyes peeled for any trouble while they were traveling. The travel to the K&P Services office building quiet and uneventful.
They pull up into a parking space and get out.

Carol, Kat’s assistant was inside the place. She looks up when the back door opens. She had her gun ready to shoot whoever it was. When she sees Kat walking in, she lowers her gun.

“God Kat, I almost shot you.” As she walks over to hug Kat.

“Sorry about that Carol.” Kat returns her hug.

“Its good to see you back on your feet Kat. We all thought that you might have died from being shot like you were.”

“I would have been if my heart wasn’t backward and on the right-hand side of my chest.”

Carol looked surprised at that. She didn’t know Kat’s heart was backward.

“Well, that is something new. So, any leads on who tried to kill you?”

“No, and that is what is bothering me. According to these two and my daughters, Paul went to India to track down the assassins sent after us,
with the other half of their team.” Kat points towards Stanley and Zak.

“That’s what I was told as well, Kat. Even your Marshal friends went with him.”

“Okay, that I didn’t hear.” Kat hadn’t been informed about Marshal Bullock, Marshal Running Bear being with her husband.

“Your daughter Terry had an interesting idea. She said that Brittney’s birth parents just up and left after you and Paul got custody of her. She thinks they might behind the hit.”

“It’s an interesting idea, but why wait this long to exact their revenge now? It wouldn’t make any sense unless Brittney was bound to inherit something they want to get their hands on? They know me and Paul will protect Brittney, so they would want to eliminate us.”

“That would explain, you and Paul, but why your children?” Carol looks at Stanley with a puzzled look on her face.

“Because I took Brittney from them. They would want to get revenge by killing my natural-born children.” Kat had a light growl to her voice.

“Let’s see what we can dig up on Brittney’s parents first and go from there.” Stanley already had Morgana and her team doing some work on them.

He would have Becky doing the research, but unfortunately, she is with Tammy right now in India.

“Well, let's see if we can find Brittney’s parents and what they are trying so hard to keep her from.” Kat couldn’t believe Brittney’s birth parents
were being such ass holes.

Kat, Stanley, and Zak spend time at K&P services with Carol. Kat wanted to go over what she has been missing and seeing what jobs have come in.

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Feels like Britney

Samantha Heart's picture

Will inharit a small fortune from grand parents, auint or uncle or other relitive when she reaches a certain age, and if anything happens to her then the parents will inherit the moner or what ever.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

A direction to go

Jamie Lee's picture

The idea it might be Brittney's parents who took out the contract on Kat might turn out to be a bust but it's a starting place. And if it was her parents? They best run and run fast, into outer space because no place will be safe for them on Earth.

Others have feelings too.