The New Recruits Part 9

Printer-friendly version

Stanley and his team take the rest of K&P Services crew back to Kats and Paul’s place to grab their gear and clothes. Crystal had Brittney in her car, while Terry rode with Alexa and Luke. Once the crew had their things and Kat’s place was locked up. They head towards the GPS coordinates Gina had given them for the safe house.

Dave and Greg were in one SUV. Stanley and Zak were in the other SUV. Alexa, Luke, and Terry were in the Terra Dyne. They noticed that they were heading to the outskirts of Knoxville. They pull up in front of a three-story brick warehouse. Stanley gets out of the SUV and walks up to the garage door.

The instructions he was given, told him to remove the fourth brick near the left-hand side of the door. When Stanley removes the brick, he notices a screen and watches as pictures spin like a slot machine. A picture of a wolf, a maid, The Cheshire cat and finally their symbol.

Stanley presses their symbol. He watches as the images disappear and are replaced with a message that says: Please speak passcode!

“Don’t Fear the Reaper.”

The garage door starts to rattle as it begins to open. He replaces the brick and waves the SUV to enter the warehouse. As the last one enters, he walks in and taps a button on the other side of the wall.

The lights come on revealing an empty floor. There was a loading dock that they could park in front of.

“We’re staying in a warehouse?” Terry gets out and looks around.

“According to Mrs. Bounty, the third floor is set up as living quarters and the second floor has a kitchen, living room and library and workout room. The bottom floor, which we are on, still have offices and this huge garage for us to park our vehicles.” Stanley was given a wrist
computer like Becky’s.

“How about the second two-story building attached to this one?” Dave had spotted a cover walkway over to it.

“It has a machine shop, an armory, and backup vehicles if we need them.” Stanley had a full layout of the place.

“Well that’s good to hear.” Alexa walks up onto the loading dock and finds where the elevators are.

“I found the elevators.” Alexa presses the button.

Crystal and Valentina follow Alexa. They wanted to see what the living quarters looked like. When the elevator takes them up to the third floor. The doors open and they walk into a hallway. There were three doors in front of them.

“Okay, who wants to open the first door, or do we want to explore the whole floor?” Crystal was curious.

“Let’s split up and explore the whole floor.” Alexa heads down the right corridor

Crystal heads towards the left and Valentina check the three rooms in front of her. The rooms had an electronic lock, instead of a normal lock. They had already been given the code for each room.

The rooms were rather plain looking. They were more like dorm rooms and with a few decorations, they would be nice to live in. She did notice that there were plastic packages with blankets, pillows and everything they needed to make the beds, sitting at the foot of the bed.

While Crystal, Valentina, and Alexa were upstairs looking at the rooms. The rest of the crew were on the second floor, checking out the entertainment equipment and the kitchen. They noticed the kitchen was fully stock already and had a walk-in freezer with meats and vegetables in it.

“Wow, they went all out in stocking this place.” Zak was impressed with the selection of food they had stocked the place with.

“How do we access the security cameras and such?” Luke was curious.

“According to the manual Mrs. Bounty sent me. You can do it two ways. The first is on the coffee table. There’s a built-in keyboard.” Stanley
walks over and looks at the table where the instruction said a switch was.

He finds it and presses it. The huge 72-inch television screen comes on and goes through a startup. The system asks for a password. Stanley looks at the instructions and finds the password to log in.

The system goes through the startup and finally shows everything within a five-block area radius of the warehouse. They could see anywhere within a five-block radius of the warehouse and enlarge the picture.

“Damn! I’m impressed. We can even see the cars on the overpass, next to us.” Luke liked the setup.

Brittney looks at everyone “what are we supposed to do while mom is in the hospital and dad is tracking down the people who came after us?”

“What we normally do, sis. If there aren’t any cases for us to work on. We go and do some bounty hunting. Mom and dad both said that’s our bread and butter.” Terry knew their parents would want it to make sure everyone knew the company was still opened.

“I don’t think that is a good idea, Ms. Romano. We were sent to protect you from any more attacks. We can’t perform our job if you insist to go bounty hunting.” Greg looks towards Terry.

“You have to understand, sir. It needs to be shown that no matter what threats come at us, we don’t stop doing what we do best. If this assassin wants to come after us, then bring it. We’ll send his ass to the graveyard like all the others who came after us.”

Brittney was surprised to see her younger sister so pissed off. Normally, Terry was the quiet one and didn’t show her anger. However, this was something new from her.

Dave looks at Stanley “well, it looks like we're going to learn how to do bounty hunting.”

“I don’t mind.” Zak walks in from the kitchen.

Luke walks over towards Stanley “kid the one thing I have learned working for the Romano’s is. You never argue with them. If Kat was awake right now and out of the hospital, she would be out chasing criminals.”

“I still think it’s a little dangerous. That’s why we aren’t staying at the Romano’s house. I know you have a business to run, but it is still dangerous for Brittney and Terry to be out.” Stanley felt that it would open, up a new can of worms.

“Why don’t we talk about this matter later. I’m going to fix all of us some lunch.” Zak heads back to the kitchen to start on lunch.

“I’ll join you.” Brittney heads towards the kitchen to help out.

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Business as usual not good

Jamie Lee's picture

The girls may feel they can handle any threat that comes their way, and continue bounty hunting.

But by bounty hunting they open themselves to attack because they don't know what their attacker looks like, and he or she could be anyone they pass or encounter.

Those two girls may be able to bounty hunt with their family, but they lack experience to spot an assassin and deal with the person.

Others have feelings too.

I guess the recrutes

Samantha Heart's picture

Go bounty hunting

Love Samantha Renée Heart.