The New Recruits Part 8

Printer-friendly version

Knoxville, Airport:
“Hey, wake-up Tammy. We’ve landed.” Stanley shakes Tammy’s shoulder lightly.

She had finally fallen asleep when they landed in Mexico to refuel. It was a nineteen-hour flight from Australia to Knoxville, Tn. Everyone was slowly moving around. Not only were they still jetlagged from all the flying, but from being on the plane.

Sophie slips her sunglasses on as she exited from the plane. She looks around and spots two SUV’s with a woman at one of them and a man at the second one. Both were dress causal, but she could spot their guns. The woman comes walking over towards them.

“Hey, Tammy and Stan. I think these two are for us.” Sophie had gotten her team leaders attention.

Tammy and Stanley turn around and notices a woman with brown hair walking towards them. Tammy noticed right away she had some sort of military training to her as she got closer. She noticed as the woman near. She didn’t take her eyes off the two of them.

Alexa and Luke received a phone call from Paul asking them to head to the airport to pick-up some people coming in on a private flight. When she asked how she would know them, Paul told them that there would be nine of them. He told her that they worked for Chaos Security and were sent to help them. When she asked where she was taking them, she was informed to bring them to the office.

“Hi, I’m Alexa and I work with K&P Services. I and my co-worker were instructed to take you to our office.” Alexa had extended her hand out to them.

Stanley shakes Alexa’s hand first “I’m Stanley and this is Tammy were the leaders.”

Alexa shakes Tammy’s hand next. She couldn’t believe how young they looked. She has seen kids like them in the military.

Tammy could tell that Alexa thought they were too young to be experienced agents. A sly smile appears on her face.

“Don’t let our young age fool you. Every member on our team is experts in their various fields and deadly as hell.” Tammy was proud of everyone on her and Stanley’s team.

“We’ll see about that statement.” Alexa wonders why this team was sent to them.

Patricia looks at everyone. She was tired after flying to England and from there to Australia. Then from Australia to here in Knoxville, Tn. She was going to get a hotel room and crash for a few days.

“Hey, can you drop me off at a good hotel, please?” She grabs her travel bag.

“No problem. I know the perfect place.” Luke opens the passenger door for Patricia.

“Thanks.” Patricia climbs in.

Alexa leads the way back to their office. Everyone should be there waiting for them. She watches in the rear mirror as Luke stops at the Marriott to drop one of his passengers off.

She arrives at K&P Services office before Luke does. Alexa looks in her rear mirror at her passengers.

“You can leave your gear in the SUV. I’ll be taking you to where you’ll be staying afterward.” Alexa was informed that the newcomers would be staying at a safe house Mr. Bounty was letting them use.

Luke pulls up beside Alexa SUV a few minutes later. He looks at the passengers in his SUV.

“You can leave your gear in the SUV.” He gets out and heads towards the open door for K&P services.

Sophie and the rest of the team follow behind him. She notices when she walks in that besides members of her team, there were seven other people waiting for them. She notices among them, one had red hair. There were three men that look like people you didn’t want to mess with. One was Native American. She had never seen a Native American before, except in pictures.

This one was wearing a business suit and she guess the way he was composed; he was law enforcement. The other man standing next to him, looked the same way and carried himself like a law enforcement officer. The other guy standing near the first two. He looked like he had some Irish or Italian in him. He was built like her cousin Craig.

She also noticed there were three teenage girls standing together. One she recognized form the briefing they had been given. Her name was Brittney Romano. The dark haired girl standing next to her was her younger sister Terry Romano. The older girl standing with Brittney was a member of K&P Services and her name was Crystal.

Tammy looks at everyone gathered inside the building and couldn’t believe why they were all here. She was standing next to Stanley as all of them gather around a rectangle wooden conference table.

Jackie had been talking with Marshal Bullock, Marshal Running Bear and Paul when the new people arrived. She tried not to read the guys thoughts, but it was so easy to do. When the rest of Paul’s team showed up. She felt anger, lust, protectiveness, confusion as they wondered what was going on.

Now, she was feeling more confusion, tiredness, pride, curiosity, and smugness from the people coming in. She puts her mental barrier up to keep from reading any more thoughts. She stands quickly and just watches everyone as they gather around the table. She saw there weren’t enough seats for everyone. So, she just stood near the front left-hand corner.

Paul couldn’t believe the team that Jack sent in to help him and his family. They all looked like they were out of college. None of them looked like they had any experience. However, he did read the file Jack left on them and was impressed by what he read. There was one, a curly red hair girl that was related to Jack in the group.

Once everyone was settled, Paul glanced around the room looking at everyone. The young woman standing to his side along with the two Marshals had asked permission to come along. He knew what the marshals were capable, but he didn’t know what the woman who gave him his wife’s assassin did.

“I want to say thank you beforehand for those of you who will be going to India with me. We will be hunting down who sent an assassin at my family. As for the others, thank you in advance for protecting my family and friends while we're gone. I know many of you have questions about what your assignment is. Those of you going with me, Marshal Bullock’s, Marshall Running Bear and Mrs.?” As Paul looks towards Jackie.

“Jones, Mrs. Jessica Jones.” A sly smile appears on Jackie’s face.

She had gone back to her Lear and changed her Identity cards and passport. She figures she’ll use her Jessica Jones identity for this mission.

“Mrs. Jones.”

Paul glances at Alexa. He knew he shouldn’t leave while Kat is in the hospital.

“Alexa, Luke, Crystal and Valentina, You guys will be working with half of the Golden Eagle Squad. They will be acting as bodyguards and your
back up while I’m gone. Girls, I want you to do everything they tell you to do while I’m gone. If your mother wakes up, tell her that I’ve gone hunting.” Paul could tell his daughters didn’t want him to go.

“Daddy, why don’t you let me come with you.” Brittney wanted to go with her father.

“Your better off staying here, Miss Romano. Where we are going, is very dangerous.” Tammy looks over towards Brittney.

“How dangerous is it, Mrs.?” Marshal Bullocks was looking at Tammy.

“Tammy, just call me Tammy. As for the danger, its rumor that the Thuggee have killed over two million people. We also have to be careful, because the assassins that belong to the group are known to ambush travelers or misguide them.” Tammy had Becky do some research on them.

“Do we have to worry about them attacking again?” Paul and Jackie were curious.

“Yes, if one of their assassins fail to accomplish their task, another one will be sent to finish it.” Sophie heard about them when she traveled with the circus in India.

Jackie took a look-see inside Sophie’s mind and saw all sorts of things. One of them was about what she heard about the Thuggee. She feels a brick wall go up fast, blocking her. When she looks at Sophie, a smile had appeared on her face.

Jackie just smirks when she looks at the girl. She wonders if the girl had some sort of training to keep people out of her head. Also, how did she know she was inside her head?

“How long do you think this mission is going to take?” Stanley was curious.

He wanted to know how long his people were going to be gone. It was bad enough they were splitting up.

“I don’t know, but I’m not leaving till I find who paid to have my wife and children killed.” Paul was still pissed off about that.

The rest of the meeting is spent going over what plans had been made for the other half of the team staying behind.

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmmmmm

Samantha Heart's picture

This is going to provide intresting to see what happens.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

the only problem with just

the only problem with just taking out the one that put out the contract is if the thugee have already been paid in full they sound like the type that will keep going until they complete the contract whether the original person that put out the contract is still alive or not. if he hasn't paid them yet then they might quit but if they are fanatical enough even that might not stop them, they may consider it a disgrace to themselves that they weren't able to complete the contract. somehow they would have to get the contractor to cancel the contract before killing them. it sounds like an impossible task to take out all of the thugee.