Project: Night Bird Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Cora approaches the Rv quietly and cautiously. The spirits had been pestering her about this location. She cautiously opens the bullet-ridden door and looks inside the dark interior. She didn’t need a light to see, because of the mystic nature of her fox mask. She could smell the coppery scent of cold blood.

There had to be at least six dead bodies inside. Most of them were wearing a black ski mask, but there was one that looked to have been handcuff and executed. The person looked like he was some sort of engineer.

Cora searches his body and finds his company id badge. It had the name of Aero Flight Industries on it. Cora knew that was the same company her friend Katey was working for now, being a test pilot for some sort of experimental helicopter. She tucks the company badge in her pouch.

Cora continues to search the Rv. and finds some papers stuff up under one of the seats in the Rv. She pulls them out and examines them. They looked like blueprints for Aero Flight Industries. Not their main headquarters, but the one her friend was working at. There were also some pictures of aircraft behind a chain-link fence along with the layout of the area. She had no idea what this meant, but maybe Katey would.

She folds the papers and tucks them in her pouch. She pulls her cellphone out and calls Joe Running Buffalo on the tribal police force.

“Hello, Yavapai Apache Nation police station, how can I help you?”

“Hi, Flying Goose, its Cora with Black Feather Investigations. I need for you to send a patrol car and the coroners to these GPS coordinates.” Cora brings up the coordinates for the Rv.

Flying Goose writes the GPS coordinates down as Cora reads them off. She worked a few times with Cora and met her in person at one of the Pow Wow’s the reservation held.

“What have you stumble across now?” Flying Goose knew Cora answered to the spirits.

“I don’t know, yet.” Cora wonders why the spirits wanted her involved.

Cora waits around until the tribal police show up.

Katey’s Older Brother’s House:
Katey looks down at her niece as she slept next to her. She came in last night and crawled into bed with her and Jessica. She looked so sweet just laying snuggled up against her.

“She looks so sweet, sleeping next to you.” Jessica was looking over towards Ashley as she slept next to Katey.

“They all look sweet when they are this age. It’s when they get older that their true nature comes out.”

“I don’t think she’s going to be a problem. Having a father that’s a police officer will ground her.” Jessica figures that Paul was going to be a big influence on Ashley.

“Maybe.” Katey looks down at her niece.

Katey hears her cellphone ringing. She looks around for it as it continued to ring. She finally spots it on Jessica’s side of the bed.
She reaches across Jessica’s body, brushing her breasts as she grabs her phone. She looks at the number and wonders why Cora was calling her.

“What’s up, Cora?” Katey was curious why Cora called her.

“Hey, are you home?” Cora looks out towards the desert as the tribal police did their thing inside the Rv.

“No, I’m out in California visiting my family with my girlfriend. Why what’s up?” Katey’s curiosity peeked now.

“I found a dead guy that works for the company you are currently employed by. Along with the guy and his id card, I also found what looks like maps of a building and pictures of some sort of parking lot that has a bunch of aircraft in it.” Cora pulls the pictures out and tries to figure out what or where they were.

“Let me give you the number of the person I report to. Maybe he can help you until I get back in town.” Katey looks through her contacts and brings Murray Webber’s phone number up.

“Alright, Cora it’s 928-654-9738. Ask for Murray Webber. He is the person I report too. He might be able to help you.” Katey knew Murry was a nice guy.

“Alright, thanks, Katey. Enjoy your visit with your family.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you when I get back in town.”

“Alright, bye.” Cora ends the call.

Jessica looks towards Katey “who was that?”

“Remember the partner I told you about that is a private investigator?”

“Yeah, the one that operates and lives on the reservation?” Jessica was puzzled why she would call.

“Well, it seems she has stumbled across something that involves Aero Flight Industries. So, I gave her the number to Murry. She also said that she discovered something else, but she doesn’t know what it is. So, hopefully, Murry can give her some clue about what she found.”

“I thought you said she mostly does investigation on the reservation?” Jessica hasn’t met this person yet.

“She does and whatever happened must have taken place on the reservation.” Katey knew how Cora operated and what this was about.
Ashley starts to move and slowly wakes-up. She looks up at Jessica and her aunt.

“Well, good morning sleepy head.” Katey scoops her niece up and just hold her.

Today they were going to visit her other brother and have dinner with her older sister and her boyfriend. Katey carries Ashley downstairs to join her brother and mother for breakfast. Jessica was following behind them.

Private Airfield Out in The Desert:
Lucy looks at herself in the mirror as she tries to hold the tears back. She glances at her cybernetic arm and misses her real right arm. She would give anything to have her real right arm back. She wishes she never made the deal she did with Simon Wright. She wipes the tears away with her left hand.

“Hey punk, get your sissy ass out here and get to work.” Kairo couldn’t believe they managed to steal the aircraft they got last night, while the other team broke into Aero flight Industries.

Lucy wipes the tears away and heads out into the old hangar they were working out of. It had everything she needed to make the modifications to the Eurocopter Tiger and the Apache they stole from the aircraft graveyard.

“It’s about time, sissy boy. Why Mr. Wright is keeping you alive, I’ll never know.”

“Because morons like you and the gorilla over there don’t understand aerodynamics or how helicopters work.” Lucy was getting tired of Kairo’s mouth.

Kairo steps forward to backhand Lucy. He was getting tired of the sissy’s mouth.

“Go ahead and do it, Kairo. Mr. Wright would love to know why we are behind schedule.” Lucy had stepped forward, daring Kairo to hit her.

Kairo turns around and walks out of the hangar.

up
206 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sounds like night bird

Samantha Heart's picture

Might be in jepordy & someone is trying to steel it

Love Samantha Renée Heart.