Project: Night Bird Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version

Aero Flight Industries, Mountain complex:
Samantha looks at the wreckage they brought in from Night Bird shooting down the drones. There wasn’t much left of it to work with. She looks across towards Patricia “do you think you can work with this mess?”

Pat takes a deep breath “there’s not much here to work with, but I’ll see what my ability will do.”

Patricia looks through the wreckage for anything that was electronic. Normally, her ability only allowed here to control items that were powered, but she has used her ability in the past to find out about an object.

She spots what looks like the main navigation computer and sends her power into it. It comes to life under her touch and she can determine where the drones launched from. She transmits the information to Ghost who can plot the location.

Samantha notices that Patricia was able to get the location where the drone took off from. She picks up her communicator and has the communication department put her in touch with Murray Webber at their Coconino County, Arizona branch.

Aero Flight Industries, Mr. Webber’s office, Coconino County, Arizona:
Mr. Webber was looking over a bunch of reports that have been flooding his office, since the EMP attack., when his office phone starts ringing. He wonders what it could be this time.

“Hello”

“Mr. Webber, this is Samantha Blake, from research. I’m sending you some coordinates right now to your communicator. Send your forensics team and Mrs. Black out to that location.”

“Alright, is that where the drones came from, that attacked Night Bird?” Webber brings the location up on google map and notices it was an abandon car dealership.

“Yes, go ahead and send your team over to there.” Samantha figures they should be able to find something.

“Alright, I’ll send them out there right away.” Webber ends the call and calls Katey.

Conference Room 2B:
Katey and Jessica were still using the conference room as sleeping quarters. Until the city was back to normal operations, Aero Flight wanted to keep them on base. Katey was catching a cat nap, while Jessica was getting something to eat. They pulled an all-nighter, trying to locate the other three helicopters that Lucy has been telling them about.

Her cellphone starts ringing. She reaches out to smack it but misses. She looks through blurry eyes where her cellphone was lying next to her. She presses the accept button “this better be important.”

“It is Katey. I need for you to fly a forensics team and your friend out to an abandon car lot.”

“An abandon park lot? Why?” Katey sits up on her makeshift bed.

“Samantha said that it is the possible launch site for the drones that attacked you. I’m sending you the coordinates she gave me.”
Katey watches as the coordinates appear in a text. Their flight path did take them over that location.

“I got them. Do you want me to take Mrs. Wright with us?”

“No, she’s still restricted to base. Just be careful while you're out there. I’ll have a helicopter waiting for you.”

“Alright, thanks.” Katey ends the call.

She shoots a text to Jessica, informing her what she will be doing. She recommends that Jessica have Night Bird on standby just in case they run into any problems.

Aero Flight Cafeteria:
Jessica, Cora, and Lucy were in the cafeteria getting some food. They were sitting down at a table about to enjoy their meal when Cora gets a text. It was from Mr. Webber, telling her that she needs to be helo pad 3. She was being sent out to investigate an area.

“Damn! I just got my food.” Cora looks at the hamburger on her plate.

Just as Jessica was about to say something, she receives a text from Katey. She reads it and looks up at Cora “It looks like I’m on standby.”

Lucy looks at both women “why are you on standby and why are you heading out?”

“Because we have a location of where those drones might have come from.” Cora grabs her burger and takes it with her.

Lucy watches as Cora walks off. She didn’t know anything about any drones. She turns her attention back to Jessica.

“I’m on standby, just in case things go south with Cora and her group.” Jessica hopes things don’t go bad because then she would have to fly Night Bird by herself.

Helicopter Pad 3:
Katey walks out to the helicopter pad and spots a black and gold AgustaWestland AW109 helicopter waiting for her. She also saw that the ground crew was prepping it for her.

“How’s it going, Stanley?” Katey looks over towards a tall well-built, bald-headed African American.

“She’s ready for you, Katey. You think you can fly her, without all your fancy toys that Night Bird is equipped with?” Stanley knew Katey has been spoiled with all the gadgets Night Bird has.

“Yes, I can fly this copter, without all the goodies Night Bird has.” Katey enjoyed flying Night Bird.

“Well, good luck.”

“Thanks.” Katey gets into the copter.

Cora notices that the copter they were taking was ready to take off. She saw the forensics team loading their gear into the copter. She also notices her friend Katey in the cockpit. She walks up to the copter with a smile on her face.

When she enters the copter, she taps Katey on the shoulder.

Katey feels someone tapping her on her right shoulder. She turns her head and spots Cora smiling at her.

“Cora, what are you doing on this flight?” Katey was surprised to see her.

“Its good to see you again as well, Katey.”

“You know what I mean, Cora.” Katey was happy to see her friend again.

“I’m going to be scouting the area around the car dealership. Captain Burns and Major Kingston wants me to look around.”

“Who’s Major Kingston?” Katey didn’t recognize the name.

“He’s heading the recovery and investigations into what happened. The DoD sent him along with his special unit.” Cora was introduced to him
by one of the US Marshals she works with.

“What type of special unit?” That piqued Katey’s curiosity.

“Let’s just say, you don’t want to mess with these guys. There’s more going on here than what we were told.” Cora was suspicious about why Major Kingston had shown up.

“I’ll find out more. Let’s go ahead and investigate this car lot.” Cora sits back in her seat.

Katey takes off and heads towards the abandon car lot. Her co-pilot was one of the forensics specialists that was being sent out. She was letting him do most of the flying.

Thirty minutes later they arrive at the spot. Katey could already tell that a path had been made for vehicles to come and go.

“Well, that answers one question.” Katey takes control and lands in an area that looked like it had been prepared for a helicopter to land.

“Alright, everyone departing, go ahead and unload your equipment.” Katey was told to stick around.

“See you guys later.” Cora hops out and places her fox mask on. She starts looking around for tracks.

She finds some tracks and starts following them. They were tire tracks and look like they belonged to a pick-up truck or cargo van. There were at least six different footprints. She follows the tracks around the place.

up
188 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's bound to get hot

Samantha Heart's picture

And very shortly too by the sound of it Night bird may be needed & the one prisioner may have to help with him as well.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.