Project: Stingray Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Delphine loved the Herring she caught and cleaned before leaving the house. She was lucky she came across a school of them near the surface. She rides her motorcycle over to the family boatyard and parks her motorcycle in an empty parking spot.

She glances around the parking lot of Sea-Land Marine and couldn’t believe they had several different models of jet skis and Jet boats out on display. There were all sorts of boats and a few cigar boats on display. She walks inside the main building. Several of the salesmen and a few women were busy with clients. Delphine continues towards the back-workshop area where her brother and father worked.

She spots her brother in his office with her father and two other gentlemen. They both had black hair and stood taller than her father and brother. She knocks on the door to the office before she enters.

Delphine watches as her father turns around to see who it was. A smile appears on her face “hi, daddy.” She walks over and gives her father a hug.

The two men turn towards Delphine as well She notices that they were identical twins. Both had short black hair and were of Arabic or Middle-eastern origins. Even the custom suits they were wearing were the same color and style.

“Delphine, let me introduce you to Nour Kanaan and his twin brother Ehsan Kanaan. Mr. Kanaan’s this is my lovely daughter Delphine Waters. She knows a lot about ships and ship design. If there is anyone around that can help design your custom yacht, it's my daughter.” Ross was proud of his daughter and wouldn’t mind her coming and working at the boatyard.

Delphine watches the reaction of the men. She noticed that it didn’t seem to bother them that a woman was standing in front of them. She encountered a few men when they went to a foreign country that hated women or thought less of them.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Waters. I hope you can help us come up with a design we are looking for.” Nour shakes Delphine’s hand.

“I hope so. Why don’t I get a legal pad and you can tell me what you would like in this vessel and how you would like for it to look.” Delphine grabs a legal pad and pen off her brother’s desk.

She sits down in a chair in his office and looks at the two men.

“Now, go ahead and give me some basic items on the yacht you want us to build and how you would like it to look.”

Nour starts giving Delphine some basic information. When she starts asking some question about dimensions, how fast, rooms and such. His brother Ehsan answer the question for him. The next fours hours, Delphine ask very specific question. She sketches out a few concepts on paper and shows them to the Kanaan’s brothers.

By the time the shop was starting to shut down. They end the meeting. Delphine watches as her father escorts the Kanaan brothers out of the office. Delphine looks at her brother while her father was gone.

“You know, the two of you could have done this, without me.”

“Not really sis. You asked questions we didn’t or wouldn’t have thought of. Can you draw up a 3D image of what they want with the information
you have there?” Bobby nods his head towards the legal pad.

“I think I can come up with some concept for you. You know I won't to be available tomorrow?” She looks at her brother.

“Where are you going to be?” Bobby was hoping his sister would stick around.

“I’ll be out at sea tomorrow, all day.” Delphine was planning on spending all day and maybe all night out at sea tomorrow.

“Well, if you could postpone your trip for a day. It would be nice. I know dad would love for you to come down here and help out.” Bobby knew their father wanted Delphine to work at the shop.

“I’ll think about it. Let’s start locking up and head home.” Delphine follows her brother and helps him lock up the place.

She mounts her motorcycle and heads home. Before going inside to help her mother with dinner, when she gets home. She goes down to the dock and checks on Stingray. Making sure he was secure and was tied up. She arms the security system, just in case someone tries to tow him away from the dock.

When she walks back into the kitchen through the back door. She hears her father ask where the fish came from.

“I caught them earlier today while I was out checking the depth on my project.”

“What did you use to catch them?” Ross was impressed with his daughter.

“A net. A school of them were near the surface and I couldn’t resist.” Delphine couldn’t believe how lucky she was.

“Well, you did a good job, sweetie.”

“It’s all mom’s doing.” Delphine smiles at her mother.

She walks over and starts helping her mother fix dinner. Delphine didn’t mind fixing dinner with her mother. She learns how to properly cook
the fish she caught.

After dinner, her brother gets recruited to clean the kitchen and take care of the dishes. She goes upstairs and sits down at her computer and bring her AutoCAD program up and start constructing an image of the ship the Kanaan’s want built. The construction of the yacht itself was going to take between 3 to 6yrs. She builds several different design concepts and takes a bubble bath afterward.

Before Delphine turns in for the night. She emails the designs to her brother, informing him she is going to be busy tomorrow conducting more test on Stingray. She doubles checks the email, before sending it off.

Once Delphine was finished, she walks over to her bed and set the alarm for 0500hrs. She has a hard time falling asleep, but she manages to finally drift off to sleep. She sleeps throughout the night in a peaceful rest.

Her alarm goes off at 0500 hrs. in the morning. She shuts it off and gets up and does her morning business, including her morning exercises of stretching her opening. Afterwards she slips her wetsuit on and head downstairs to grab a cup of coffee to take with her.

By the time six o’clock rolls around, she is out the door and heading towards the ocean.

up
221 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The middle easterners

Samantha Heart's picture

May have wanted a yhat, but something tells me thete is more to this then just that.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Yah think?

WillowD's picture

Snerk.