SWTOR: The Wish of One Affected the Other: Tython

Printer-friendly version

Shuttle on approach to Tython

I screamed and shut up as I heard a girl scream instead. The pain was gone and in its place was a feeling of peace. The next thing I noticed was that I was glowing. That didn't shock me as much as finding out I was female. In classic transformation reaction I felt my breasts first and then my hands shot between my legs. I giggled and then laughed hearing my new laugh. Sure I was a female, but this was a dream come true. I felt so right, so complete. I had a ton of new memories. Nothing personal, but everything I would need. One memory gained my curiosity as I realized this body should have been male, yet it was female down to being fertile. Interesting, I thought. I then got up and went into the refresher to the little mirror. I gasped at how familiar I looked to one of my game characters. Well most of them actually. It was then that I realized that I was in the Star Wars universe, and that I could use the Force. I made a little item float in the air just to convince myself I could do it. I spent nearly an hour playing with anything that would float free, including myself. I never felt a high like this. Then reality set in as I had to pee.

"Well no more standing for me." I said out loud. This made me giggle as I heard my voice for the first time, and then I had to rush through the refresher door as a little leaked out. I blushed that I had a bit less control. Though I knew I didn't really have to worry about it too much, as I sat down the urge came as I released the stream of pee. It was weird that it didn't come out of a penis. Not that I had one which made me smile again. Two of my biggest wishes had come true I was female and I could use the force, not only that, I was heading to Tython for further training. Then it hit me. Could I be playing the game for real? Could I have died and this was my version of heaven? I shook my head as I had felt that there was someone else there at the time. I wasn't dead, but what was my future going to be like?

I then thought about the things I had and I scrambled to the chest. It contained everything I owned which wasn't much. A few Jedi outfits like I wore and a suit of armor. When I pulled it out I giggled as I recognized the set. It was the Guardian Armor Set. It wasn't the set I used in game, but very similar to the Valiant Set. The two Serenity Blades made me smile. I felt I couldn't use them yet as I wasn't a full Jedi, but I had to try them on. I put on the set and then I held the blades in my hands feeling a thrill as I ignited them. I then laughed as the blades didn't make the snap hiss that I was so used to, but they did hum a bit. One blade was bronze gold and the other blue silver. Could it be, I wondered? I hooked them on my belt with a practiced motion after I deactivated them.

I looked farther in the chest and opened a beat up box. Inside I gasped as I knew just by the first sight that this was Bastila Shan's personal armor. It then came to mind that my last name was Onasi. How did the Onasi family get a hold of her armor? Wouldn't it have wound up with Satele? Carth didn't have a thing for Bastila or could they have? Maybe their children got together? It was possible if Dustin and Bastila's daughter or maybe the son of Dustin. I couldn't get the ages together and without further knowledge I don't think I would figure it out. I packed everything but what I was wearing back inside. I felt too comfortable in the armor. A part of me knew why I didn't think I could wear it yet as it was for a female. I was a female so it must have been the original T'aa that thought this. I for one felt I needed any edge I could get.

"All passengers departing for Tython report to shuttle bay twelve." Suddenly came over the intercom. It repeated in several languages which I some understood. I giggled as I put what I was previously wearing in the chest and closed it up. I lifted the chest with the force without thinking and then set it back down. I couldn't show off the Force like that. I grabbed the handle, and I was glad it at least had wheels. I knew the way to the bay kind of, but I soon saw another padawan in the simple armor a padawan typically wore. I followed him as he didn't waver at all in his brisk steps. I then realized I was much smaller as a group of troopers passed me. They towered over my 160cm tall petite frame. Still, each one nodded at me and I felt honored that they acknowledged me. Could it be the armor? This put an extra pep in my step and I felt even better. Once we arrived in the shuttle bay, I was next to the other padawan.

"Master are you escorting us to the surface?" He asked nervously. I giggled then cut it off.

"Padawan." I replied calmly.

"Excuse me, master?" He questioned. I could feel his confusion and then his embarrassment as he realized his mistake. " I'm sorry."

"Never apologized it is a sign of weakness. Better to say I stand corrected or something else." I stated. "We may be humble, but we also must show confidence and strength."

"That denies your mistakes." He countered.

"Maybe, but not every being would see it that way. My mistake works better for you?" I asked.

"Yes that would do." He replied. "I feel your excitement. Are you not nervous a bit." I smiled he was learning fast. I could feel he was nervous, but calm as well. He gave off a strong presence in the Force and I wondered if it was equal to mine. From the other padawans he was the strongest not being able to feel my own. They looked at me and I could tell they were wondering the same thing he wondered about me. Maybe I should have not worn it now?

"I'm Padawan T'aa Onasi." I said loud enough that they could hear as well.

"Padawan Cort Hintal. I am to be a consular."

"Guardian or Sentinel, I am not sure which." I replied.

"You wear two blades and your size would benefit fast attacks. Also, Guardians tend to be larger and rely on strength." Cort remarked. "Though you are strong in the Force, even I can feel that."

"Thank you, but strength without wisdom is power without purpose." I stated not really understanding what I just said. He just nodded. The shuttle door dropped down and the crew chief waved us on. The six of us stowed our chests and then strapped in without being told. The shuttle lifted as soon as the last of us fastened their restraints. I didn't like flying, but in my new body I felt calm and giddy when the gravity dropped to zero for half a minute. The ride was smooth and I could see a little of the forward view screen. Once we entered the atmosphere, the craft started shaking. I was sure it would have been much worse if the dampeners were not active. One padawan looked pale and I hoped she didn't lose her last meal. My stomach growled as I was a bit hungry. I giggled as the shuttle dropped suddenly. The girl's eyes went big and I saw her swallow what ever came up. I reached out to her with the calm I felt, and she relaxed. A moment later she smiled at me as color came back to her face, and she closed her eyes. I smiled knowing she was free of her fear.

The shuttle smoothed out not long after that and I returned to view what I could. This would be the first world I had set foot on other than Earth. The original T'aa had been to several and I compared them to Earth finding each unique. The shuttle finally landed and the other padawans were quick to get out. Both Cort and I waited until they did. I was breathing in the air of another planet and it was nice.

"Well I am sure we will meet again." Cort stated.

"That indeed." I replied. "Have fun finding holocrons and don't be shocked by Qyzen Fess." He looked strangely at me, but I just grinned as I left the shuttle with my chest in tow. He didn't even notice I had used the Force to bring it to me as he struggled with his own. I looked up the ramp taking in another deep breath before marching up the ramp to Derrin Keller who was talking to the other padawans. They left just like the cut scene from the game. This unnerved me a bit, but I knew now what I could expect.

Tython Gnarls

"Welcome to Tython Padawan." Derrin stated.

"Thank you. I am humbled to be here." I replied.

"Your former masters say you are becoming an expert duelist." Derrin continued nearly like the cut scene. I giggled inside at the irony.

"The masters were excellent teachers, and I was determined to learn." I replied. Nothing like the responses given. I wasn't going to remember every reply needed. Derrin went into his little speech about being assigned a master and facing the trials.

"...But when you leave Tython you will be a Jedi knight and to know yourself." he said as he finished. His speech went on for fifteen minutes, way longer, than the few sentences from the cut scene. Mostly about basic rules and where I was to sleep.

"Then show me the way." I replied.

"The speeders outside will..." His holocom beeped. "Hold on." He pulled it out and I saw Unaw I couldn't remember his last name, nor could I understand him. "Flesh raiders? They don't use blasters."

"Sounds like they do now. Better alert everyone." I suggested. He paused to say something and then turned to get the message out.

"We will need you down there as well." Derrin stated.

"On it." I stated and ran out the door. I didn't even give him time to finish his orders, but I knew them fight the flesh raiders push them back and find Unaw in the end. A droid drove the speeder down to the gnarls. I spotted Master Relnex before he saw me.

"Padawan come here..."

"Knight Keller sent me to help in any way I can, to push back the Flesh Raiders." I interrupted. He paused like he was about to chastise me, but he gave me his orders and then told me about the students I needed to find. This was the easy part of my new life knowing what they would say as I had played the game enough to remember. The hard part would be the actual fighting. I had been in the military, but I hadn't been in any combat. I didn't know how I would react, but when I made the motion to add my buff not realizing I did it until I felt a bit stronger. I smiled as I moved out of protection and out on to the field. The first line was barely holding the raiders from advancing by deflecting their fire back at them. I sprinted out and jumped thirty feet to the first raider I saw cut him down and the two next him before I moved on to the next group. There were a few others that advanced as well, but I was all over and beyond to the next line.

It was as if all her training took over along with the Force fueling me. I didn't think I just acted. I got deep enough that I found the cages of captured padawans. Some were dead in their cages, but others were able to run as I freed them. In the game the area is small. In real life as I now knew it, it was huge. I saw another padawan struggling with a group of raiders and I sprang to help him. I smiled once they were all down as it was Cort.

"Thank you I was beginning to think I would never defeat them." He stated not even breathing hard. I was a bit, but then again I had fought my way through several dozen.

"Not a problem, sweetie." I replied. He raised his eyebrow and I giggled. I really liked how I giggled. "So out finding Master Yuon's holocrons?" His mouth opened to replied and it stayed there for a second. He closed it and then smiled.

"Yes I am. How do you know this?" He asked.

"The trees talk to me." I teased. I continued before he could question my answer. "Say I need to find some padawans and one named Unaw. I'll help you finish and you help me. We both watch each others backs."

"I think that is wise." He agreed. We fought to each point and like the game one was missing. It took two hours to find the missing padawans. I found one thing different as I needed to stop an attack on the lost padawans. Cort ran after me as I leaped into battle. The two padawans looked they were about to panic seeing the three raiders rushing them. I cut down one and then fought the second as he turned to face the bigger threat me. The third exchanged blows with the two padawans before Cort took it from behind bringing him down about the same time I slew mine. The girl cheered and the other just dropped checking on his wounded friend.

"That felt good to get some pay back." The girl stated.

"Does death excite you?" Cort chastised.

"Master Relnex I found the padawans request evac at these coordinates." I said into the beacon. "Area is hostile." I missed what the girl said, but Cort tore right into her about failing the code and touching the dark side. It scared the girl to apologize. I, half expected Cort to use the line, but he didn't. I glared at her and she paled. I knew she thought I was a knight and I wasn't going to correct her assumption. We saw the transport and headed out. More knights along with other padawans were pushing back the flesh raiders. As we got closer to the cave, the resistance increased. I drew more on the Force and it seemed I had all the skills my max level characters had. I could knock out opponents by slamming my blades in the ground or stun them with a wave of Force or push one flying back. Cort did the same as he tossed rocks and boulders and sent many of them flying. I also felt boosted now and again. I figured one thing would be different here and I did everything I could not to get hit. Once we entered the cave, resistance was down to a few raiders. Getting to Unaw I could see Callef had captured Unaw and was doing something to him.

"Callef stop. The attack is over." I ordered. Cort stopped holding back because of what I said most likely.

"You are... Dangerous. I don't know you." Callef replied.

"Bengal Morr has been captured. He sent me to tell you to stand down and surrender as well." I was lying, but unless I missed my guess he wouldn't figure it out. He studied me, but I didn't waver.

"I don't believe you." He said as two large flesh raiders came out from the tunnel. I reached out and slammed him with the Force. He went flying and crumpled to the ground as he hit the wall. The two big guys died as I threw both blades at them. Unaw scrambled back as one of the heads rolled to his feet. We rushed up to Callef. Cort bent over him as I disarmed him. He looked at me not knowing what to think in his stunned stupor.

"How? How are you so strong?" He asked in a hoarse voice. He passed out before I could reply.

"How are you so strong was not the question. How did you know who his master was?" Cort asked. I smiled at him and shrugged. "I have a dream like I have done this dozens of times. I just knew who he was and who trained him. I know a lot more. Like how I knew your master, Yuon and Qyzen Fess. How I knew you were hunting holocrons and how I know you will be searching for the first blade." Cort looked stunned, but more pressing matters needed to be taken care of. He tended to Unaw and Callef. He made sure Callef was bound tight as well. I looked to the cave and felt the rocks above. I found a boulder that I thought would bring the whole thing down. I yanked with the Force and the boulder came free crashing to the floor as Master Orgus Din ran up to us. The cave didn't collapse but it was a start.

"You alright?" Master Orgus Din looked at the two on the ground as Cort stood. "What happened here?" Unaw Aharo said something I hoped similar to what he says in the game. Strange that Bith was not one of the languages I knew.

"Thank the Force that you're safe." He looks over Callef. "This man's no Jedi."

"His name is Callef, I have seen him in a dream many times. I tried to trick him into surrendering saying his master was captured, but he made to attack. He claimed to be the Flesh Raider's leader."

"Hmm, a vision lead you? Still, this is proof that the council needs to believe they are more than mindless beasts." Master Din replied as he inspected Callef's belongings. "This lightsaber... there's something familiar about it. You held off these attackers with only a..." He paused as he saw the twin blades on my hips. "Actual blades? Impressive still. You wear better armor than some knights, strange." He looked me over. I smiled as his gaze rested on my face.

"Not strange. I know I shouldn't have accepted anything from my family, but being an Onasi I couldn't say no. Plus I didn't know I had them until I opened my chest on the ship." Both of my statements were true. The original didn't know they were in there as she formally said goodbye to her family. The staff had packed her chest and her parents must have added the items. Half the robes I didn't recognize either. The master's eyes flared as he heard the name.

"Ah, you must be T'aa Onasi. Your skills and actions have carried you to this spot. The battle is over and I see you have the right idea in collapsing the cave." He took a few steps and reached out with the Force. Once his hand was in the air he yanked down and with it the opening to further into the tunnel. Unaw said something. "Medical transport is on its way. You two look good to travel. Head to the Jedi Temple."

"The Gnarls is still not clear. We could help clear out any remaining raiders." Cort suggested.

"You two are needed at the temple. There are now enough knights clearing them out." Master Din countered. He gave us both the directions to the temple. As soon as we left the tunnel, Master Din was gone. Unaw and two other jedi dragged Callef on board the shuttle. It took us both a bit more than an hour to reach the defensive line where the taxi was, and another hour to fly to the temple. Normally we would have had to walk the sixty kilometers to the temple, but they were not going to risk any more lost padawans. Plus even without attacks it was a two-day trip on average. If we had to, we could have run the entire way in about four hours. We didn't have time to as it was nearly dark as we arrived at the taxi. Though with Tython being in the deep core, there were so many stars to give off light. Not quite enough light to give off colors, but plenty enough to see by.

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am not a gamer

I felt like I was missing some of the story line because of it.

Missing Things

You are missing things. You would need to have played through at least 3 different games to have the entire backstory. KotOR1, KotOR2 and SWTOR (KotOR3) are the games. Carth Onasi and Bastila Shan are from KotOR1. The setting here is the SWTOR Republic side Jedi starter planet Tython.

I think the problem is there aren't enough details fleshing out the NPC's or the game missions. It flows like a long time gamer starting the grind to level 70 with little care to the story of why all of this happens in the game. Many things are just glossed over. It is compounded by taking liberties with the game system. You can actually start at level 1 with a light saber though normally you would be at about level 8 to 10 or higher when you get your first light saber in the story. The second light saber for this class and the ability to use it used to be after leaving the starter planet but now it is a level 10 item. It is a similar problem with better gear. Currently, if you have the experience, game funds and some perks, you can be near invincible against anything at the same or a lower level on the starter planets. In other words, it would be unusual for a long time player to suffer an in game death without doing something really stupid or trying to die. In game I would likely be level 4 or higher leaving this first combat area and about level 15 leaving the planet. Having all or most the skills available would mean an instant boost to level 60 or 65 and rather than play the advanced content going to the starter planet though I don't know why when the boost unlocks the story stuff. The buffs are from advancing toons of the 4 main classes to level 40 or higher. Even knowing the ins and outs of the game, some of this is confusing and even senseless to me. Maybe it will become clearer later.

Given my game experience, I'm probably the worst nightmare critic.
If anyone wants to talk about SWTOR or meet in game you can PM me.

swtor

Sara Hawke's picture

Star Forge or Satele Shan?

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

Story line

Sara Hawke's picture

The story line develops as if you were playing the game. Though most of the between cut scenes is from the point of view of T'aa and her experience so far.

Tython is the temple for the Jedi and this is a point where they are attacked by the natives being lead by another. You are in a sense getting the story from the point of a player. Much of the plot is following the story line of a jedi knight in the game swtor. This may leave you lost here and there, but it will build with time.

She has gear from the game or her new family because she shares ancestry with the Onasi, Shan, and Dodanna clans. She knows what is going on and has a certain goal in mind once she gets so far. It will take a bit before she breaks the script of the game, but you should by then get a good idea of the story by then. If you like go to http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Knight_Storyline to get the basic summary if you haven't played the game. This should not spoil anything as it is only a summary unless you plan to get on the game and create a jedi knight and play

As far as KOTOR I and II and Swtor (Kotor III) since the player has played the games she knows the whole story and now has to live it. Also as the player she is in a sense not only her character, but T'aa Onasi as well if she existed. My toon on Swtor named T'aa is level seventy and a sentinel, but I have all the classes on both sides. (Heroic moment give you eight abilities from the other classes.) This is her cheat as she may not of learned the abilities but she can use them and to some extent cross class abilities. Self healing and healing others for one.

Hope this will help if not it may come clearer as you read on.

Hugs, Sara

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.