Power Fluctuations - Story 3

Printer-friendly version

Hmmm. Flucked again. More of the tales of...

Power Fluctuations

Jack's Tale

By Jerrie526
Copyright© 2003 Jerrie526
All Rights Reserved.


 
Admin Note: Originally published on BigCloset Classic on Thursday, 11-13-2003 - 11:11:41 pm and migrated to BigCloset TopShelf, this retro classic was pulled out of the closet, and re-presented for our newer readers. ~Sephrena
 
Image Credit: Divider licensed for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.
 


 
Story 3 – Jack's Tale
 
I doubt that I will ever forget the day that changed my life for good. Let me introduce myself. My name is Jack Tate. I go by the name of Jackie these days. I say that because I am now a woman through the most unlikely reasons. I was involved in an accident with eleven of my neighbors that caused us all to swap bodies with one of the others. I was asked by the others to put down my feelings and such so that people in the future can know what it was like when the world changed for us.

It all started when my friend Michael Fontaine purchased and had installed a new MagGen power generator. Since then, the world learned not to install them in the manner that had been done for a long time now. The transposed fields produced by the magnetic resonance given off by the generators forced us all out of the body we were born in and into another body when the generator was shut down.

For me, the first month was the most difficult because of the incoherency that the change caused in the brain. Like the rest of the victims, I was confined to a bed for too long. The relative youth of my new body was really what permitted me to recover faster than the others did. I felt so sorry for the former owner of my body because of the fact that she became a middle aged man and lost over twenty years of her life. But in my opinion, I got the better end of the deal since I obtained a secret desire without having to lift a finger.

Everyone who had the body swap has been hating it, but me for instance, I love it. Contrary to what everyone thinks, I was not a closet crossdresser, I was a transsexual in hiding. Being thirty-five, I was just reaching a point that I was increasingly uncomfortable in the sex that I was. Then with one fell swoop, I am now a woman and I did not have to go through surgery to become it. Nor did I have to go through the long drawn out transition period that was imminent for me to become one.

My new body is a beautiful one and I couldn’t be happier about it. I will take the periods and the possibility of being pregnant because it was always something that I wanted through my life. Lisa as I said was a very beautiful woman. She stood 5’9” tall and had a very lithe figure. She was stacked at 36D-22-35, had long blonde hair that went with her awesome bust. Her legs seemed to run from her shoulder blades to the ground but they really did not. They are so long and slender that they are an attractant no matter where she went. I inherited great genetics from her. My children with be gorgeous when I start having them. Please don’t get me wrong, I would have had the surgery eventually if this had not happened to me. It could have been worse, I could have wound up in the body of sixty-three year old Walter Maloney instead of the one I did get.

To understand what I went through, one has to go back to the beginning and hear my story. Oh, you mean that you would like to hear about my self-discovery? Ok, sit back and let Mama Jackie explain it all to you.

Antique-Dividers2.png

As I grew up, I became increasingly aware of the difference in my body from the way that I felt inside. I hated having everyone calling me a boy when I *knew * I was a girl. It was hard trying to get people to listen to me but no adult will listen to a child when they try to say something. They will always say, “Oh, how cute!” and wander off. I eventually gave up trying to tell anyone.

Years passed and things got harder to deal with. I kept my secret inside me and learned to live with it. Once I discovered that I could pretend to me a girl by dressing up as one, it became a regular hobby of mine. More years passed and I finally graduated from college with my degree in architectural engineering and went forth to ply my trade.

I met a young woman that I enjoyed talking to and we eventually got together and married. Mary was everything that I wanted to be in a woman but she was also the size that I knew I would not fit into her clothes. I managed to keep my secret from her for four years before she found out. I knew that my secret would be hard to keep from someone you lived with and shared things with.

When I was caught wearing one of my dresses that I had hidden in our house, I was told to promise not to wear it again in her sight. I didn’t wear it in her sight but I certainly wore it out of her sight. But that was few and far between. Eventually, I wound up becoming too tense and when finally asked why, I explained that I had to cross dress or I would probably have a nervous breakdown. She finally relented and I was able to wear a few things in the comfort of our house but I knew better than to stray outside.

That fateful day when Michael had his generator installed started out like any other day. I had breakfast and went out to watch the installers preparing to set the genset on its pad. When the installers started it up and that horrible buffeting started, I thought the world was coming to an end. Then it did with a soul wrenching finality.

When I finally came to consciousness, I could not understand what was going on. It sounded to me like people were talking in foreign languages to each other and none of them sounded like they were talking the same language. It seemed like it took forever before I could understand them but I was finally able to. The doctors approached me one morning and asked if I could understand them. When I tried to talk, it came out as grunts. They started asking me questions that could be answered with a yes or no and all I had to do was shake or nod my head.

They explained to me that there had been an accident and they had been afraid all of us involved would be brain damaged after our comas. They explained that I was the first one to come out and they would explain more when I could talk again. When they were getting ready to leave, they called me Miss Canby, which puzzled me a lot. I didn’t dwell on it much since I was still very tired and I went back to sleep after they left my room.

The next day I was feeling much better and I actually managed to get a few words out of my mouth that did not sound like grunts. My voice sounded strange to me and I chalked it up to not being used for a while. The doctors came back in to see me again and check my progress and again, they called me Miss Canby. I must have had a strange look on my face since they stopped talking. One of them asked me what was wrong. I answered gruntingly, “Not Miss Canby.” Needless to say, they became instantly worried that there might be a problem. They thought I definitely had brain damage if I denied being Miss Canby.

They asked a whole slew of questions of me, one of them being, “If you are not Miss Canby, who are you?”

Without hesitating, I answered, “Jack Tate.” Talk about the shit hitting the fan, the shouting was nearly deafening to me. When some semblance of order was obtained, the head doctor tried to get me to explain a bit more about why I said I was one of the other victims and not who I was.

Using a lot of half grunts-half words, I tried to explain that I was really Jack Tate and I needed to see my wife Mary. The doctors all exchanged looks with each other that said a lot to me. I had not seen Mary in my room at all and I know that if anything had happened to me, she would have been with me. I had been very puzzled about her care less attitude towards me by not being here when I was down with whatever it was that I had. The doctors excused themselves from me and left the room. I could hear their voices fading down the hall.

A nurse came back in the room and tried to make small talk with me but I was too busy thinking about what the doctors had said to me. I asked the nurse for a mirror and she got a puzzled look on her face and asked me why I needed a mirror. My answer was that I wanted to see if I had suddenly become ugly or had been disfigured by the accident. She relented without any other questions.

She had to hold the mirror for me as I looked at myself for the literal first time. I saw the beautiful face of Lisa Canby looking back at me. I was not really expecting to see her face in the mirror and I literally screamed bloody murder before passing out cold from the shock of seeing that face.

Some time later I regained consciousness again to look upon the frightened faces of total strangers. One face was familiar though and that was my wife Mary. She looked totally disbelieving in being there. I held out my hand weakly and called her name in that grunting voice that was strange to me still. The other people in the room started crying as if they had been told someone had died. Mary did not approach me though and shook her head no.

Since I was no longer in any sort of mood to be told no, I shouted as loudly as I could and told everyone of the strangers in the room to piss off and leave me alone. Mary left with all of them. I was left to myself to contemplate the situation I suddenly found myself in. Obviously, I was in the body of the girlfriend of a neighbor, Keith Larsen. How I got there, I didn’t know and I was not sure that the doctors would know why either. They had been acting very strange all day long after I had told them about being Jack Tate. I had a lot more thinking to do.

So, if I had to be a woman, at least I got to be a young one. If I was remembering correctly, there were a total of six women there that day and a couple of them were older than I was by several years. Then there was Jane, who was pregnant at the time. If it came down to it, I think I could handle being Jane even though she was going to have a baby. If I was Lisa, I wondered where Lisa was. Or for that matter, where did the others wind up? I am sure I would eventually find out.

For the first time in my life, I was starting to get excited. I had always hid the fact that I was a transsexual by admitting that I was a crossdresser instead. I knew I was fooling myself and that I would eventually seek to have sex reassignment surgery in a couple of years. I was glad that my wife and I had not had any kids. It would have been hard to tell them about why daddy wanted to become a woman and divorce mommy. I started feeling my body over in a touchy feely manner trying to get a good idea what sort of parts I had now.

The more I thought about the fact that I was real woman, the excitement grew. I started giggling and soon, I was in full blown laughter. I couldn’t stop. Nurses came rushing in to the room to see what was going on. From the looks on their faces, they thought I was hysterical. They started asking me questions and the more they asked the more I laughed. I could not help myself. I was so happy!

One of the nurses ran to a phone and called for a doctor. Within minutes, the gaggle of doctors came streaming into the room where I was still laughing with glee. The concerned look on their faces told me that I needed to quiet down and stop laughing or they might do something to burst my bubble. As I finally managed to get control of my emotions, I had a smile that threatened to split my face in two. My beautiful face! I started giggling again.

One of the doctors requested a sedative because I was hysterical. That sobered me up rather quickly. Seeing the seriousness on the faces before me was almost enough to start me up again but I managed to control it.

I had to tell them that I was fine, that I had finally realized what had happened to me and the rest of the people involved. The head doctor had called for a psychiatrist because he thought I had gone over the deep end. I had to explain to him that I hadn’t gone over the deep end, rather, I had come out of it. I had never been so happy in my life. My torment that I had grown up with was over and I did not have to lift a finger to do it, either.

The psychiatrist thought he had a potential suicide on his hands and had ordered me strapped down to the bed. That sort of upset me because I wanted to feel my body some more. Not to mention the fact I wanted to feel what my new female sex was like. I could wait for a while. I hoped beyond all hope that they never found a cure for what I have because I would probably kill myself for real but I did not tell them that.

Once I was secured to the bed, he started asking questions of me. He told me that he had heard that I thought I was a man who was in another room still unconscious and that I was suffering from delusions and was imminently hysterical. I laughed in his face and told him he was wrong because I was not hysterical, instead, I was the happiest person alive right now. He was a bit puzzled by that and continued in the manner that he had started. He insisted on calling me Miss Canby for some reason and would not listen to me. I finally started getting upset about his narrow-minded attitude. Finally all my happiness went away while I dealt with the anger I now had.

“Listen up Mr. Idiot. I will tell you one thing and you had better get it straight from here on out. My name was Jack Tate. I say was, because of the fact that the mental processes that are in my head were from the man with that name. I don’t know what happened to any of us involved but I do know what happened to me. I was a 35 year old man before this happened but I was also a cross-dresser. The reason I was laughing so hard was that I realized that I no longer have to cross-dress and that I could wear what ever I wanted to without having any stigma from it in going out in public. I would be viewed upon as being female, which I am now 100%. I couldn’t be happier about that. I just wish that I could get up off this bed and go waltzing out the door and fulfill my deepest desires at the moment.”

“Miss Canby, surely you realize that you are a sick woman and you really cannot do that at the moment.”

“Yes I do realize that I am physically incapable of doing what I really want to do right now. I can tell how weak I am at the moment, but I assure you that I am not going to stay this way. I will be up and out of this bed as soon as I have the strength to do so. I will not gain my strength back by staying hogtied to the bed. Now will you untie me and at least let me sit up? This is really uncomfortable.”

The only thing he did was have the bed raised to where I was sitting up rather than lying down. It was better than nothing. I was still tied down.

“Now let me get this straight,” he continued. “You claim that you was Jack Tate, who happens to be in a room nearby, but you are in the body of Lisa Canby? Do you realize how delusional that really sounds? If you are Jack Tate, then where is Lisa Canby’s mind at the moment.”

God this guy was an idiot. “How in the world would I know? I know only where I am at the moment. Why don’t you go ask the others who they really are?”

“I am afraid that we cannot do that right now. All the others are still incoherent and you are the only one so far that can function well enough to talk. It would have to be your young age that helped you recover faster than the others or do you have any explanation as to what is going on?”

“How can I have any explanation when I only know what I have told you. It is hard for me to explain anything at the moment. Talk to the rest of the people once they can talk for them selves and you will see for yourself what is going on. Somehow, the force I felt ripped our minds from our bodies and put us in a different one when it stopped. It is the only thing that I can attribute this situation to.”

“I guess then that we will have to wait until everyone recovers enough to vouch for who they are in reality. Relax and try to stay comfortable. We will be in touch.” With that, he walked out of the room with his little cronies tagging along behind him.

The next couple of days were so exciting to me because I was able to get up out of bed and move around more. I felt so light on my feet because I was no longer carrying the 225 pounds on my frame that I had as a man. If anything, I weighed a mere 120 pounds. I felt like I was going to float off the planet and fly away. I was in heaven. I was able to get the catheter out of my bladder that had been taking the urine out while I was incapacitated. I felt a bit nauseous when they told me that I had to wear a diaper while I was incoherent. Of course, all the rest of the people had to have the same thing done to them.

Finally, I received word that the rest of the people had come out of their incoherency and had managed to substantiate my story. Poor Lisa wound up becoming 42 year old Steve Mitchell. I felt so sorry for her since she lost more than twenty years of her life as well as her whole identity. I was able to talk to her ever so briefly but it was hard to do. All she did was stare at me with tears running down her bearded face. It was so sad and hard to deal with. I did not see her again for quite a while.

I had the opportunity to meet up with Michael again and I was shocked to find out that he was the unlucky one to wind up in Jane Wilson’s pregnant body. I had thought that someone might have been unfortunate enough to swap with the baby but I guess it was shielded enough by her body to not be swapped. That would really suck having to be born again. Michael was having a difficult with the fact that he is now a woman and pregnant to boot. I felt sorry for all of them since none of them have any choice in being who they became. Michael was talking about suing the manufacturer of the MagGens for negligence as well as carelessness because if they had done enough studies, they would have realized the potential for some sort of undefined problems with the units.

Speaking of which, they have been doing some experimenting with the unit that caused the problem and have yet found any reason for our predicament. They will work until they can find out why it happened in the first place.

The doctors of all types have been running all sorts of tests on all of us and I am getting sick and tired of them poking and prodding me. Poor Lisa just sits there and does nothing. I am afraid for her. She looks like a person that has lost all hope in life and is waiting for death to claim her. I have seen more life from a road-killed skunk than I have from her lately.

I cannot help myself for the most part. I have so much energy lately that it is hard to concentrate on much other than the sensations I have been having throughout my new body. I started my first period during this time frame and it was an experience that I really don’t want to repeat but I know that I will have more in the future. The cramps, bleeding and the smell were sure signs of the underside of being a woman. If fifty percent of the human race can deal with it, I can too.

After a month of tests, the doctors, psychiatrists and various other scientists have come to the conclusion that they have no idea why all of us changed bodies and they say there is no way to change us back. They fear that if they tried, none of us would survive. I am more than happy to stay like I am.

I found out that they are going to let me out of the hospital in a couple of days and I am elated at the prospect. I am going to go out and go shopping for some clothes that I have always wanted to wear but couldn’t because of my physical stature as a man. To me, the prospect is more thrilling than trying to do it otherwise. I can hardly wait. My wife was finally able to accept the fact that I was the person who had been her husband for fourteen years but I can tell that she really does not like the idea. She has told me that she has taken the liberty of moving me out of our bedroom and into the downstairs guest room. We got into a huge argument about it and she is adamant about it. She never did approve of me crossdressing and she approves even less of me being a woman. She is not a lesbian and there is no way that she will ever let me share a bed with her again. It is beginning to look like the end our marriage is in sight.

Before I was released from the hospital, I was paid a visit by government agents that had been studying our individual cases. I was given new identification cards such as driver license, social security cards, birth certificates that were based on Lisa’s original ones but with the names changed. It was the only thing that would work in our circumstances. I had thought about changing my name to Lisa as a tribute to her but it did not go over well with her. She immediately threatened to kill her body so that I could be the lone person with her name. I reluctantly agreed that I would not use her name. I was able to keep my college degree in the new name since I actually did go through the training to get it. I do have to take the board exam again before I can practice my trained profession again but it will be a piece of cake for me to do so. I have been doing the job for quite a number of years and I haven’t lost the skills because of my body change. I would have to see what I could do now with my new smaller hands.

Before I left the hospital, Michael gathered all the victims together and with a lawyer present, she went over her plans to sue the manufacturer of the MagGens. The lawyer says we have an iron clad case and it will not take much of our time to agree to be a party to it. The hardest thing I had to do was act like an injured party. All of the others hated what they had become with the exception of one or two who were content with their changes to a younger body. I really did not want to be part of the lawsuit because I felt like I should be thanking the manufacturer for creating such a wonderful way of getting a new body. But the chances had been that I could have wound up in any of the other bodies and I shivered at the thought. I was happy as I was. I became part of this monumental lawsuit out of reluctance.

I left the hospital after the meeting and gaily skipped out into the beautiful Spring day. It had been the end of January that this accident happened and it was now late March. Time to gear up for summer. I was wearing some clothes that had been scavenged from Lisa’s house but I really was not comfortable wearing clothes that someone else had worn, even if they were worn by my body. But, I was looking forward to decking myself out in the skimpy Summer clothes that most young women enjoy wearing during that time. The promise I made to myself back in the hospital was going to be the first thing I did. I was going * SHOPPING *! I could hardly contain myself. This feeling of euphoria over shopping must be a genetic thing with women. Though I hated shopping for men’s clothes before, I never got much of a thrill over shopping for women’s clothes as a man. Mary picked me up and when I explained what I was going to do once I was able to get settled into the house again, the look of disgust on her face said a lot to me about the soon to be end of our marriage. I think she is going to wait until the end of the lawsuit so that she can get her share of it before filing for divorce.

I was barely at the house thirty minutes before I was in my car and gone to the mall. While driving there, I took the time to reflect on my choice of vehicle for driving. A Buick Decade hybrid car is ok for a man but it is not a young woman’s car at all. I had to get one that now matched me as I am. I would have to do some searching to find the right car. It may take a while to find it but I will get one eventually. In the mean time, I will keep driving this one. So, armed with a new credit card in the name of Jackie Tate, off I went on my first shopping frenzy.

The city mall was large for the small city I live in but I felt that I needed a bigger one than I could get otherwise. Since Denver was an hour away from my home, I decided that I was going there. One thing I knew would be the difference was that in my home, people knew the previous owner of my body and what happened to her. I was feeling uncomfortable about going to the stores that the attendants would know me as being one of the swappers. I would rather deal with the anonymity that I could get from a different town.

That first day out, I had the most fun in my whole life. I went from shop to shop trying on clothes while buying only about ten percent of what I tried on. Still, I left the mall after spending about $5,000.00 for clothing. I had gone into one store and was going through the fancier dresses when I was approached by one of the clerks. She was about my age, as I was now, and was gushing about how beautiful I was. She wound up making a sale of over $1000.00, which was more than I had spent in any one store. I even bought a proverbial LBD as she called it. At first, I was a bit puzzled by what she meant until I saw what she holding in her hands. It was one of the shortest dresses I had ever seen but it was black. Then I realized that LBD meant Little Black Dress. I threw myself into the search and finally came up with one that I just * had * to have. Then I accessorized to the hilt. I had bought shoes, hose, jewelry, hand bag and a few other things that I had a vague idea what they were but I would find out later.

During the day, I went to the mall food court and ordered a salad and a juice drink of some flavorable concoction. The whole time I was eating, I was being checked out by a lot of guys. I knew I was attractive because I had always looked at Lisa when she was in this body. I won’t say I lusted after her but I knew that she was one hell of a sexy woman. Now I was on the receiving end of what she always had going on. One rather bold man approached me and asked if he could join me. Without waiting for a reply from me, he sat down and started hitting on me. Not really having any experience like this in my life, I could only sit there quietly while he rambled on about his life.

I found myself getting bored of his monologue and I think it started showing on my face. He stopped talking and asked me about myself. I found him to be rather shallow and it was plain that all he wanted was to get into my panties. I knew just the way to get rid of him. I started talking about just getting out of the hospital. He was curious at first about that but when I started talking about my ‘new’ life as a woman, he went blank and then excused himself after saying that he refused to have anything to do with one of us ‘freaks’. I could not help but giggle over how fast he disappeared from my sight. I was as much a female as one born to it but I was not born as one. That did not make any difference to me in regards to my future. If I found the right person eventually, I would hope that he could accept me as I am and was.

By the end of the day, I was tired but very happy. I was not really shopped out but I was getting tired. I had been at it for nearly eight hours. I felt that it was time to gather myself up and head home. I still had a drive to do but it made no difference to me.

By the time I got home, I was totally wiped out. I made several trips to and from the car unloading my purchases. Once I was done, I went looking for Mary to show her my purchases. She was in our old room watching TV. She barely acknowledged that I was there by flicking her eyes my direction. I knew a blowup was coming soon.

I felt that it might as well be now than in a month when her bitterness was eating her even deeper. I started it off, “What’s wrong Mary?”

She didn’t even look at me. Since I have been living with her for fourteen years, I could tell that something was terribly wrong. I walked over to sit next to her. I gently put a hand on her arm. She jerked it away from me as if I burned her. That hurt me greatly. “Mary, I know there is something wrong. Talk to me, please?” I had tears running down my face now.

“You want to know what’s wrong? You AREN’T my husband. He is still in the hospital but he does not know me. You are a near stranger to me even though you have so many of the mannerisms that my husband has. Or had. Now he is more effeminate than he ever was before. Kathy Watts was my friend for as many years as they have lived in the neighborhood. Now they say she has your old body and I am no longer married to it but that I am married to you as you are now. I cannot stay married to you as you are. I am not a lesbian. I miss my husband so much. No matter how much I hated your cross- dressing, this is much worse than that would have ever been. I cannot have sex with you any longer and yet, I have no choice but to let you live in this house. I hate this whole situation and yet, I know you had nothing to do with the cause and are nothing but a victim like all the others are. But you are acting like this is one great adventure and the others are suffering more than you have been. You act like you really love being a woman and if I didn’t know better, you act like you have always been one. I just don’t know how to adjust to that sort of situation.” She had started crying by this time. “I just don’t know what to do.”

I knew she had been taking it hard but this was a bit more than I had anticipated. She was really hurting about the loss of her husband or at least his body. “Mary, I may not be the person on the outside that you married but I am the person on the inside. I have to make a confession that may cause you to really hate me.”

“What, that you have always wanted to be a woman? Hell, I’ve known that for years. I also think I know the reason why you have never done anything about it either.”

“How do you know that?” I was sort of surprised that she admitted knowing my secret.

“I never told you before but you talk in your sleep. That is how I found out all about you before I married you. I thought I could change you and keep you from having surgery or anything else.” She said.

“I hope I am safe in assuming that you have done research on the subject of transsexualism. If you have, then you know that there is no cure for it. I was getting to a point that I was hating what I was and was going to file for divorce so that I could pursue a transition. This change has been wonderful for me and I have never been happier in my life. I am sorry that it is at the cost of Lisa being a middle aged man. If there was any way of going back, I would, but I cannot do so. But more than anything else, it pains me greatly to see you hurting so much. I would give my life for you to be happy but it would mean that I would be unhappy. I hope we can find a happy medium between us.” I had to be totally honest with her now. I had no choice in it. If we were to remain at least friends, honesty would have to be the key.

She was a long time before she said anything else. “I hope so to but you also realize that I cannot remain married to you as a woman? The state does not permit two women to be married. I am afraid that I will have to file for divorce from you.”

I was saddened to hear it but I had foreseen it happening. “I understand. Is there any time frame in which you want to file? I will not contest it.”

“Oh, I would say in a year or two at the most. As you said, we still have some common factors that we need to work on that hopefully will help us remain as friends when we do break it off. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to get to sleep so that I can go to work in the morning. Have you thought about when you will be going back to work?”

“No, I haven’t but I figure that tomorrow will be a good time to go back and talk to the company and see when they will take me back.”

“I hope things work out well for you. You may be in for a rough time with it. I am afraid that your company might not take you back. You will have to wait and see though.” She told me with sadness in her voice.

What she said stopped me dead in my tracks. I had always assumed that I would be able to waltz right back into my job and pick up where I left off. I would have to try no matter what the results were.

That night, I slept poorly. The only reason being was that I had been thinking all about what Mary had told me earlier. By the time I woke up in the morning, I was more tired than when I went to bed. I prepared myself for the day. Not knowing really what to do, I went about dressing myself in a smart woman’s business suit that I had bought the day before thinking that I would look good going to work eventually.

As I look back on that day nearly a year ago, I was stupid to have done what I did. I went into the office like it was any other day and I was working. I was stopped by the security detail and held until the higher ups were called down to investigate. My old boss was the first to arrive and he looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel in his head. His eyes bulged out so far that he looked like one of those old time cartoon characters. He literally drooled over the sight of my new body. The remainder of the management team arrived shortly after that and they took possession of my custody. I was escorted back to a conference room where I was given the third degree by all of them. When I tried to explain who I was, they really did not want to believe me. They had not been told anything other than the fact that I was in the hospital sick with some sort of new disease.

Some of the younger men were giving me looks that made me feel uncomfortable. I finished the story that had never been publicized anywhere because of a media hush placed on it by the Magnatronics Corporation. It was something that I had not heard about before. Needless to say, my bosses were very skeptical about my story. I even called the doctor who had been my main care giver, who told them the whole insane story again.

I finally had to resort to low blows to prove that I was who I said I was. I pointed out to several of the managers some of their past exploits into affairs that only I knew about, (and none of the others) and I finally convinced them that I was telling the truth. I told them that I was ready to return back to the work I had been doing before the accident. They glanced at each other and a silent agreement was made then. I was asked to leave the room for a few minutes and told to go to the break room and get a cup of coffee or whatever struck my fancy. About fifteen minutes later, I was summoned back to the room where I was told that they no longer had a place in their business. They explained that I would be a distraction and I would not be permitted to cause it. My fifteen years on the job were useless to use as ammunition to retain my job.

I was angry and rightly so. They were discriminating against me! ME!! Because I was now a woman, they felt justified to remove my employment status. Then they had the gall to offer me a position as a secretary to one of them. Of course, the cut in pay they offered me was an insult to my intelligence. I had been pulling in $75,000 a year as a man and they also gave me bonuses that had me pushing $100,000. The job they offered me was for less than a quarter of what I had been making before. I certainly couldn’t live on those sort of wages, not in this day and age. Forty or fifty years ago, maybe but not now.

I flatly refused to take the sexist job that was offered to me and told them that I had passed the board exams with flying colors. That did not sway them at all. I stood up from where I was sitting. I dared not even thinking about the sight that I presented. Here I was, a nineteen year old (or young) woman acting like a petulant child being told that I couldn’t have any more candy. I was worse than that in many respects. I was a thirty-six year old man that had been told that I could not go visit what I once had, because I was the self same woman as mentioned before. I had never been very forceful before when I was a man but now, I felt that my rights were being taken from me and I was going to stand up for them.

I was angrier than I had ever been in my life. I rested my knuckles down on the conference table and leaned onto them. I tried to make my expression as hard as I could, (which was not as easy as it sounds, let me tell you), glared into each of their faces and said, “Not one of you can say that I shirked in my duties here in fifteen years. Now, because of an accident that involved eleven other people, you basically tell me that I am no longer capable of doing the job that I had been doing for so many years and am only able to be a desk trophy, where all of you can ask your buddies up to inspect the prize you have sitting there looking beautiful. If that is the case, you will be hearing from my lawyer. I will not sit back and have my years of training wasted by a bunch of sexist old men! I am already party to one lawsuit, and I am sure that a discrimination lawsuit against your company will not help you business wise.”

“Now Jack, don’t start going off on this sort of tangent. You cannot hope to win a lawsuit with us. All we have to do is expose you for the pervert you were and you would not even get a day in court to plead your case.” That angered me even further.

“And what does that mean,” I asked, even though I knew what they were meaning.

“Don’t play innocent on us. You know perfectly well that we knew you were wearing panties under your suits all the time. We put up with your perversions because it made your work so much better because of the fear of exposure was too high. Now, you claim that it shouldn’t make any difference because you are the same person but in a different body. We say that it does make a difference. Once a pervert, always a pervert. You can just flaunt it now and wave it in our faces without us being able to take actions against you because you are a woman now. Forget it. You can either take the offer or be fired for your past perversions. See where that will get you. You will be unhireable to any company you might try to get hired on with. You are damned to hell anyway for your perversions and we will make your life hell on earth if you insist on fighting us.”

“You know, attitudes like that went out of style back in the days of Ozzy and Harriet.” I was madder than a wet hen now and I was not going down without taking all of them with me. “Since you seem to think that I will meekly kowtow to your wishes because of a blackmail issue, I think I will take it to my lawyer. Good day gentlemen. Or I should say, you narrow minded bastards. You will be hearing from my lawyer in the next few days.” I turned around and stalked out the door, slamming it behind me. I left six stunned men in the room. As I walked out to the lobby, there was a gathering of several women that worked as clerks for the company standing there leaning over the reception desk. I could hear the intercom to the conference room still going at the desk of the receptionist. They had not seen me yet as I came quickly into the room. I could hear a few giggles from some of them. I had always treated some of them as slaves, much to my chagrin now. I was in their position now, if I wanted to go back and grovel for my job. Fat chance of that ever happening. I intended to own this business shortly and I would make those bastards sorry they ever tried to cross me.

One of the ladies spotted me and silenced the others. I was once again being stared at but this time it was for another reason. They looked at me as one would an equal. I had to see whose side they were on. “You heard?” I asked.

“Jackie, I hope that you carry out your threat to them. They have been giving us hell for as many years as we all have been here. If it were not for our second jobs, we would be living in the street. Those old farts in there would not know a good employee if they had one. You were a great employee and they know it. To them, the thought of you wearing panties under your suits was a perversion and could have been a firing offense. To us, we could see what it did for you. When you wore them, you were calm and got more work done than anyone else. We could tell though when you did not wear them. You were tense and irritable all day and not able to get much work done. So, do what you feel that you have to do and do so knowing that we are backing you 100%.” The one person that I had never really got along with, per se, Carmin, was the one who told me this.

My feelings were at an all time high and my nerves were as tight as a banjo string. As I stood there, tears started rolling down my face as the strain of my ‘interview’ started to weigh heavily on me. I was quickly surrounded by eight women and was being hugged by them. I heard whispers of ‘Don’t give up and don’t give in. We will be here for you when you are ready.’ I strained to hug each one of them as hard as I could in thanks.

After the group hug was over, I quickly left the office to go over to my lawyer’s office. Since they were the once handling the other case I am involved in with the others, I felt that I should use them for this one too.

I filled them in on the occurrences in my former employer’s office, leaving nothing out about my past. Their non-chalance over my confession of being a pre pre-op transsexual led me to believe that I was doing the right thing. I had a lot of hope that my case against my former employers would go well. The lawyers did tell me that I would more than likely have to wait until after the original lawsuit since the system was backed up at least that long.

The biggest problem was the fact that I no longer had a job that would pay for my daily expenses, let alone be able to eat. I sat there in silence for several minutes immersed in my thoughts. Once I had collected myself, I looked back up into the lawyer’s face. “Is there someone around here that you know who would hire someone like me for my skills and not my body? I know this body is a sex bomb but I really do have a brain as well as a mind that I am not afraid to use. I need something that will allow me to live in a manner that would be comfortable to me but not one that would be called high on the hog.”

He looked at me with a grin on his face. “Now, it just so happens that I do know someone who fits that description. If you would like, I will give him your name and number and have him call you. I think that you would like working for him. He is an honest man and a strong believer in equal rights for women. All you would have to do is demonstrate your strength of character and I know he will hire you on the spot.”

I was amazed that this sort of thing would transpire so quickly. I was still just a bit cautious over it. “Yes, you may give him my name and number. Please be sure to tell him that I am not the ordinary 19 year-old air-headed blonde that he would normally expect. I will prove it to him if he wants me to.”

“You need not fear about that. Besides, I have already taken the liberty to contact him about your situation. I just needed your approval to pass proprietary information to him. It will not be anything more than you have already told me but since he is also a client of mine, he will know that you are vouched for in the highest degree.”

I accepted what he told me and stood up to leave. I offered my hand for shaking and I was dumbfounded by him taking it and kissing it! I nearly snatched it away from him until a small voice in my head told me that it was ok for him to do that since I really was a woman and a good looking one at that. I did feel my face getting hot from blushing so hard. Not to mention the tingling clear down in my belly.

I won’t go into the detail of the next weeks or months. Suffice it to say that I did get the job by my own recognizance and with no help from anyone. The firm that I was to work for was one of the best in Denver. I had the ability to work from home and use the computer that had been delivered to me from my new boss. He did not care about my past except for my work ethics and my ability to produce the highest quality of building designs. My actual audition with him came in the form of an assignment that I had a week to complete. He laid out the details of the building he wanted me to design and I had to lay out a floor plan as well as the final version of what the house would look like. With hundreds of years of architecture behind mankind, it is rather difficult to get an original design put down. Using the skills that I had trained in, I designed what I felt was a totally original house that utilized all the newest equipment in the market. I even hesitated at the thought of adding the MagGen to it because of what happened to me just a couple of months before. I finished the job in four days and he was absolutely blown over by it.

He asked me to meet with him at his office to go over the hiring proposal and I was asked to bring my lawyer with me to go over the contract. I was hired at a rate of $75,000 a year to begin with. All I had to do was keep turning out the types of houses that I drew up and I would get an increased paycheck. I was elated when he handed me a check for $10,000 for the design I worked on. He called it my signing bonus but I knew he was going to use the design to build the next generation of luxury homes. I didn’t care as long as I was compensated for my efforts.

The next several months were ones that I will never forget. I earned a lot of money as well as spent a lot. I started enjoying my shopping trips and before too long, I had a larger wardrobe than Mary did. The one thing that I was feeling bad about was my relationship with her. I kept hinting to her that I would rather be up in the master bedroom with her but she was adamant that I was not her husband and she was not a lesbian. I was told to stay put in the guest room.

The trial for the MagGen lawsuit was coming rather quickly. I was being rehearsed for my part in it even though I would tell the truth without any coaching from the lawyers. I was able to read the report from the professionals about the reaction caused by the intermingled generators. It was confusing to a point but the gist of it was that once the generator owned by Michael was turned on, it overlapped the fields put out by the seven others in close proximity to it. Whereas all gens put up to that date were smaller units or had nothing within 300 feet of the unit, our eight were within two hundred feet at the maximum distance apart. The fields interfered with each other causing a storm of electromagnetic waves. The waves were strong enough to pulverize a cinderblock wall and shear the minds out of the bodies of each of us. Why it didn’t outright kill us nobody had any answer for us. It would always be a medical mystery to everyone.

Congress was enacting laws to prevent anything like this from ever happening again and they also passed laws preventing any further experimentation after several labs tried to duplicate the reaction and wound up killing a couple of dozen people. It seems weird that we survived when others died. No explanation will ever come about.

When the trial began, I tried to act like an injured party but inside, I was so happy. I had been dreading the possible news that I would be giving back Lisa’s body to her. There was no way anyone could ever get their body back and we were supposed to stay there for the duration of our new bodies lives. I tried to be angry at the company that caused this but I really couldn’t be. I now knew that I was a transsexual and I would never have to go through surgery to become a woman. I could have kissed the inventors of the MagGens but he had been one of the individuals killed in the testing. He went to his grave disbelieving that he was to fault for the swaps. I am sure that he was not responsible fully. The manufacturer believed that there were no problems that would ever arise from the installing of the units but one was found with somewhat tragic results.

The trial lasted three weeks and both sides had several arguments but finally the jury held the manufacturer liable for the personal damage each of us suffered. The award was not to be disclosed to anyone outside the lawsuit party and lawyers. I was awarded twenty million dollars, after the lawyers fees, for my damages. I would have taken a million and kissed the companies CEO for giving me the opportunity to be who I should have been. I kept silent about my true self and just claimed that I had been a transvestite. I was looking forward to going out shopping for a new house and car.

Mary announced to me after the trial was over that she was filing for divorce and planned on taking half of the money I got from the lawsuit. I told her I was going to fight it no matter what. I sought out a good defensive divorce lawyer and made her an offer that I thought was fair and equitable for her part. I felt that she did not deserve that much of my settlement because she has been nothing but a pain in my side since I got out of the hospital. Sure, there were fifteen years of age between us now and we were both women but that did not give her the right to claim half my money. The divorce was turning into a media circus for me and for the first time in my marriage to Mary, I literally detested her.

The court finally settled the matter between us and gave her twenty-five percent of my settlement funds as well as the house and the car she drove. It got me away from her and I washed my hands of her. I was free at last to live my life the way I wanted to.

While I was working with my lawyer for the second lawsuit against my former employer, I met a young man who was working as a paralegal for the office while he went for his law degree. He asked me out for a date one day which I accepted. I had a wonderful time with him and he proved to be very entertaining. He knew my past and was not fazed by it at all. He saw how happy I was in my new life and how much fun I had being a woman and decided that he wanted to get to know me a lot better. We decided that we would go slowly until the second suit was concluded before we discussed any further involvement between us.

We had several dates during that time and it was after the fourth one that I decided that it was time to take the plunge sexually. I was a bit nervous about it but since I had over a year to explore my body and get used to the reactions it gave me, I felt it was only natural to explore my full sexuality. I must say that I was not prepared for the full onslaught of sensations. My hands touching myself were nothing when compared to the hands of a man roaming my body. The sensuality of it drove me wild and in the end made me a confirmed heterosexual woman. I started falling in love with Adam and I clung to him like a life preserver. He was twenty-three to my current twenty years old. He was going to graduate this spring from pre-law before moving on to law school in the fall.

My second lawsuit finally concluded with another win for me. I was awarded five million dollars, of which I had to pay the lawyers a third of it. It did not matter that I got much out of it, but the results were what I enjoyed. I was quite happy that after collecting my award through the court, that the word of the business’ folding reached my ears. I consulted with my present employer, though I hate to admit that I was still working even though I no longer needed to, about partnering with me to buy the business from them. He was more than happy to do so. We wound up buying them out for a mere $2,000,000, most of which came from me. Frank decided to play the minor partner in the business and would let me run it the way I felt was necessary. He would only take over if I blew it. I got the pleasure of seeing them ushered out of the building after I took over.

I immediately gathered all the employees of the business together and outlined my intentions with the business. All of the women that had the training for this type of work were told that they were no longer glorified slaves. They would be given raises and set to work doing what they were trained for. The men in the business that had been a part of the problem were mighty loud about that. Of the ten men that were now working for me, eight of them walked out after hearing that they would be getting a cut in pay to equalize the salaries of all the employees. The two remaining men were happy with it since neither of them were the type of men that perpetuated the gender inequalities the previous regime instituted. I did make sure that they all knew that I would be fair to everyone and all work would have to be of the highest quality. I had started the day with twenty employees and now was down to an even dozen. I knew that the work load had doubled for everyone that was trained for the job.

My first day had many ups and downs but I left the office that night after making sure that all the locks were changed because many of the men that walked out left with their company keys. I expected problems from them in the future and was not going to take any chances. I had to try to prepare for it and at the same time hope that it never happened.

My worst fears never came about. Several of the men came back to me in the following weeks because they had not been able to find a job anywhere. I had to hide a smile since I had put the word out that they were to be black balled for discrimination. They all wound up taking the original cut in pay as well as an extra five percent which they might earn back eventually if they behave themselves.

Eventually, things began to settle down with my life. I was one of the richest people in town now as well as being a business owner. The only thing I was missing was love. I was now divorced and living in my own house. Adam and I had broken up amicably because of the difference in our lives. He had been good in bed but I really had no way to compare it since I had no other experience. I needed to explore other situations and see if it was worth going back to Adam eventually.

I received an emergency call from Michael Fontaine that startled me to no end. It seemed that Lisa has tried to commit suicide because of her hate for her new body. She was now about 43 years old and a man. She has been so depressed because of the change and took a bottle of sleeping pills along with a fifth of whiskey. It almost killed her/him and somehow, someone managed to find him before he actually passed the point of no return. When I went to see him, he flipped out so badly that I was asked to leave and they had to sedate him. I reminded him too much of what he lost. I left the hospital that night in tears. I hated to see someone suffer so much. Lisa was going to need a lot of counseling and I could not be a part of it.

I have always felt a bit guilty that I wound up in Lisa’s body and her in one that did not match her personality. But then again, I am the only one that has been having it easy. I truly love what I am and am content. Michelle, formerly Michael, had a harder time with being a woman because she was pregnant when she got her current body. She has accepted the change as permanent and has gone on with her life. But that does not mean that she is comfortable with it. She has stated publicly that she is not comfortable with the thought of dating men, where I have been dating men for several months now and enjoying it immensely. Michelle feels that sex will not do anything for her except get her pregnant again, which she does not care to ever go through again. I do not agree with her at all. I look forward to it myself since I had no children with Mary and I am now able to have a child if I felt so inclined.

Unlike all the rest of the group, I am happy and contented. I will keep dating as well as keep my business going. One of these days, I may decide that I will take the plunge and get married again but in the mean time, I will enjoy being a single woman. I need to get going now. I think I have spent enough time talking about myself. Would you look at the time? I really have to rush. There is a shoe sale going on at my favorite shoe store and it starts in thirty minutes. I hope that you have enough for your story. Ta-ta.
 
 
Note: TG series sci-fi body swap
Posted by: Jerrie526 on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 11:11 PM
 
 

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
65 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Original Comments

Re: Power Fluctuations - Jack's Tale(Score: 0)

by Guest Reader on Nov 14, 2003 - 09:28 AM
Thank you. At last someone speaks, at least briefly, to what such changes do to the woman, who formerly occuppied that body goes through. Such stories as these, usually treat these women as inconsequencial. But they lose everything they wanted, worked for, and dreamed of. Jackie got what she wanted, but the price was someone else's life and that is too high a price to pay. Again, thank you for showing at least a small part of that pain.

Cindy

Re: Power Fluctuations - Jack's Tale(Score: 1)

by Jezzi on Nov 14, 2003 - 12:23 PM
Good story. Comments:

1) I also felt so very sorry for Lisa. I don't know if I could take reading her tale.

2) I would have liked to hear what Michael/Michelle did about being pregnant. Abortion? Putting him/her up for adoption? Raising the child?

3) I can identify with Jack about feeling guilty that he's so happy crossdressing when it makes his wife so miserable.

Re: Power Fluctuations - Jack's Tale(Score: 1)

by Jerrie526 on Nov 14, 2003 - 06:58 PM
Thank you for the comments. Please be advised though, that coming soon to a Big Closet near you, the soon to be released: Power Fluctuations - Lisa's Story. I can tell you, this will be hard to take, like Jezzi said. I am having a hard time writing about it being as it is somewhat like what I have gone through in my life. Cindy, just to let you know, there is a story that I wrote a while back that dealt with the questions you voiced. It is called Power Fluctuations - Aftermaths. I am mostly taking these stories up to around a year after the life trauma's occured. I am going to try to write the story of each person that went through this story plot and try to describe how each one felt. Some of them would be a same sex change but an older body for a younger one or vice versa. Out of the twelve people involved, there were six that were involved in cross gender switching. The rest are same sex.
I just hope that things work out well and I can get them written shortly but I am taking it one at a time.

Jerrie

Story #3?

The two stories posted here seem to be the only two Power Fluctuations stories on Classic BC. Wasn't aware of any others, but it appears the two others mentioned in Jerrie's comment (Aftermaths and Lisa's Story), also from 2003, are on FM.

Eric

They are on Classic BC too

Lisa's Story is on page one and Aftermath on page 2. I'm sure Sephrena will be posting Aftermath shortly as it is the second story.

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

Was a mixup on the page selected

because I was trying to settle a dispute over the phone while posting and I chose the wrong page by mistake to post up. ><

Im posting the 2nd story up tonight

Sephrena

Adjusting

Jamie Lee's picture

Jack had an easy time adjusting to the change because it had been something he'd wanted for some time. And he acted like a kid in a candy store once he could go shopping.

Many of those who did not like the switch were not the only ones. The switch also affected friends, family and spouses. With the close inspection of how Mary was affected in this chapter.

Mary was a woman who was in love with being married. She as much admitted she did truly love Jack when she admitted she knew of his dressing in women's clothing, and felt she could change him. Had she truly loved him she would have wanted him to be happy, as he would have wanted her happy. As it turned out, she was only interested in her being happy. In her having only what she wanted, and that didn't include a man dressing in woman's clothing. Or wanting to be a woman.

And more proof was offered because she didn't file for divorce until the lawsuit had been settled. Was she entitled to part of the settlement? Perhaps, but not for the reasons she wanted it. The divorce might have gone better had she truly loved Jack and had helped him adjust to the change. Helped him learn to be the woman he now found himself.

Jackie came out ahead by not being taken back with her old firm. She found someone who hired her because she was good at the work she did. She had the necessary skills which should have caused her to be in demand to other firms. But only one man realized this and jumped at the chance to hire her. And it was the right choice. The morons in her old firm paid the price for their sexist attitudes through the nose. They were gone and those who should have been doing the actual work were put into those positions.

Twelve people actually experienced the change. But it affected a lot more than just those twelve.

Others have feelings too.