Rhapsody in (T)G Major ~ Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Part Five: Layla


Rhapsody in (T)G Major ~ Part 5


Caution. This chapter includes scenes and some language pertaining to bullying in school that may be disturbing to some readers.

At that moment, Bethany shows up with Mrs. Van Buren and Mr. Thompson. I later learn that both of these teachers are fully supportive of the LGBT communuty. Unfortunately, the thugs are only taunting me at the moment, and no one will stand up and be a witness to them hitting me for fear of their retaliation. The teachers break up the crowd and Mrs. Van Buren asks if I will be alright. I nod and Bethany escorts me to her Mom’s car announcing that there is no way I am walking home.

I slide into the back seat of the car, embarrassed at what happened, of the way I look, and that I am now ‘outed’… Well, of sorts. I never admitted to wanting to be a girl…but, there is no sense trying to hide the changes anymore. THOSE are outed.

Mrs. Braun, Bethany’s mom, sees Bethany rushing me into the car and is alarmed. She asks, “Bethany, Landon what is going on? Landon, what happened to your face?”

Bethany says, “Can you drive us home, Mom? We will tell you there. Landon, you need to let your Mom know you are at our house. You need to TELL her, as well. Maybe it would be easier if she comes over? That is OK, right, Mom?”

Mrs. Braun looks in the mirror and nods, trusting her daughter. I sigh and try to hold my phone still in my shaking hand. Bethany gently takes it and texts my Mom, who is still at work.

Mrs. Simpson, this is Bethany. My mom is driving us to our house. Landon has been involved in some bullying at school. Don’t worry, he is OK. Can you come to our house when you can?

A few seconds later, my phone beeps in response. Bethany looks at the response and says, “She says she will be right there. She is leaving right now.”

We get to Bethany’s house and her Mom, a nurse, sits me down in the kitchen. First, she checks my stomach, where I was punched. She says, “Hon, I know that hurts. You will have a nasty bruise, but, fortunately, he did not break any ribs. You are lucky they did not start kicking you. Now, let’s get your face cleaned up. By then, your Mom should be here and you can both explain what is going on?”

I nod and Bethany takes me up to her bathroom where she hands me a couple of makeup remover towelettes. I remove the remaining makeup, fully revealing my ‘now’ face. It is the first time that I notice how smooth my face is. I groan and Bethany gives me a worried look. She asks, “What’s the matter? Did they hit you in the face? Is something hurt?”

I shake my head and say, “Feel my face.”

She reaches over and gently touches my cheek. She gives me a questioning look and I say, “Last night there was stubble there. I was going to let my beard grow out…”

It takes a second, but I see understanding flash in her eyes and she just says, “Oh…”

The doorbell rings downstairs and I hear my Mom and Bethany’s talking—Mrs. Braun assuring my Mom that I am not severely hurt. I look at Bethany and sigh. She takes my hand and holds it while we go downstairs.

Mrs. Braun has a bit of a startled look on her face when she sees my makeup-free face; then she has that same flash of understanding in her eyes that I had just seen in Bethany’s.

Mom rushes over to me and hugs me. I wince a bit and she quickly lets go and asks, “Are you sure you are OK, Sweetie? Do we need to go to the hospital?”

I shake my head and say, “They can’t do anything for it. Mrs. Braun has already checked me out. I…I…I guess I need to tell you something, now. It seems that the fates are conspiring against me…not allowing me to keep it a secret anymore…”

Mom gives me a funny look and we all sit down at the Braun’s kitchen table. Bethany holds my hand and nods in encouragement. Mrs. Braun busies herself making some tea. She pours us all a cup and I start my story, laying out my longtime dream. I explain what is affecting the changes—at least what I KNOW is. I finish up by telling them about the attacks throughout the day.

To my amazement, Mom does not seem that surprised about the fact that I see myself as a girl. She is furious about the bullying, though. She is ranting and I just come out and ask, “Mom… What am I going to tell Dad?”

She looks at me and asks, “What do you mean, Honey? Is that why you have never said anything? Because of your Father?”

I bite my lower lip and nod.

She comes over and hugs me and says, “We will tell your Father together. He will not understand. He will accept it, though, I promise.”

I feel further embarrassed as Mr. Braun comes in. He sees the group and asks what is going on. I blush and Bethany gives him the quick version. He looks at me and my Mom and says, “Welcome to our home, Layla. Now, you know that I am an attorney, Mary. I will give the school a call and we will get this straightened out.”

He looks at me and asks, “Landon, do you want to go to school as Layla? It is a bold step, but now may be the best time for you to take it. I can ensure you have the protections afforded you by law at school. I can’t, however, guarantee that there won’t be further incidents. Those will likely happen either way, if they are going to, though. We will have to take appropriate actions at that time.”

I feel tears coming to my eyes. I say, “I don’t know. I didn’t ask for this to come out. I just wanted to peacefully be a girl… You know, wait until after highschool where I could do it on my own terms…and quietly.”

I look at Mom and she says, “It is up to you, Hon. But, I think Mr. Braun is right. You really have nothing to lose, at this point. You have everything to gain, though. And don’t worry about your Father. I will take care of him.”

I sit quietly; thinking, “My dream could come true…but at what price? Am I strong enough to do this? Can I muster up the strength?”

Bethany seems to sense my thoughts. She squeezes my hand and says, “Layla, you know Lewis and I will be there for you. Yes, he knows. He was surprised, but not really. It seems you were not as good at hiding EVERYTHING as you thought you were.” Mom smiles at that. Bethany continues, “The LGBT group will be there for you. My Mom, Dad, and sisters will be there for you. There are lots of faculty at school that will be there for you. We will be your strength…you just have to accept it.”

I let the tears run down my face, unabashedly. I nod and say, “OK. I don’t know what has forced me down this road. But, it seems I can’t turn back now… So, I might as well go forward and enjoy the ride, right?”

Bethany hugs me and her Dad takes his phone and goes into his office.


I am sitting in my bathroom with Mom, washing and moisturizing my face. I look at her and ask, “Do you really think I am doing the right thing, Mom? I am scared. I am sorry I never trusted you enough to say anything. It wasn’t just you… I couldn’t seem to trust ANYONE…”

Mom takes a deep breath and lets it out before she answers, “Sweetie. I know this has to be hard on you. I can’t imagine what you must be feeling. Am I sorry to be losing my son? Yes. But, I will be gaining a beautiful daughter. Yes, that will take some getting used to…more so for your Father, than me, I am afraid. But I hope that you have learned that you can tell us anything. We do love you. No matter what. As for doing the right thing? I think you have to be YOU. The REAL you. From what I gather, that has not been the person living in this house for the past sixteen years. I look forward to meeting the real you,…Layla.”

She reaches over and hugs me, getting moisturizer on her own face. We both giggle…and it feels wonderful to be able to actually DO something as simple as that. I think, “Maybe this IS the right thing…”

After I am through washing up, I go through my things with Mom to figure out what I am going to wear to school tomorrow. Mr. Braun had gotten ahold of the principal and explained that he was my legal representation and that I would be in school tomorrow as ‘Layla’ and that I am to be afforded every protection owed to me under the law.

I tell Mom about my ‘leg’ wish and she giggles. She gives me a stern look and says, “You will NOT be wearing garters to school, understood? But, I don’t see why you can’t show a little leg. And just when were you going to tell me about the panties? And… Thongs? Really?” She shudders and says, “Dental floss for your butt… How do they even hold in your…umm, well, your penis? There, I said it!”

She blushes and I giggle. I shrug, “I don’t know. Ever since the changes started, it is not like it is a big deal. Pun intended. It is sort of just shrunken…and…shriveled…and just limply there… Anyway, I was going to tell you before the week was out. Bethany said she would wash them for me, so no one would know, but I did not want that…”

Mom nods and says, “OK. Well…legs… Let’s see, how about this skirt? It is simple enough that it doesn’t look like a ‘Mom’ skirt… You can wear this top with it. It will disguise the fact that you are still developing up top…”

I blush and say, “Yeah, that is my main worry. Whatever this is has given me beautiful model’s legs. I still have the torso, arms, and face of a guy, though… Ugh…”

Mom just smiles and says, “One step at a time, Sweetie. Try this on… Here, these yellow pumps will go well with the outfit…and the heels are high enough to be within your comfort zone…”

The outfit actually looks great on me, in spite of my discomfort with large portions of my body. Mom smiles and says, “I think we will need to go shopping again tomorrow to get you some other things to wear. It seems, you are not going to be much of a ‘pants’ girl…”

I kiss Mom good night and take the things into my room with me. I put on the silk nighty that she gave me. It feels wonderful…and really drives home that Mom KNOWS…and ACCEPTS! I open up my laptop and go to Christy’s picture. I sigh and say, “I don’t know what or how, but, thank you, Christy.”


I wake up to the insistent alarm. I am confused. I seem to be wrapped in some sort of silk binding that is all bunched up under my arms. I struggle out of bed and remember the nighty. I laugh and say, “I guess these things take some getting used to sleeping in…” I push the hair out of my face and start towards the bathroom. Then I stop dead in my tracks… I think, “Did I just push the hair out of my face?”

I look down and see the long, flowing blonde hair, with red lowlights… The same hair that I had been admiring on the web the other night. I hold it out and see my small feminine hands holding the strands. I start shaking and run to my closet and look in the full-length mirror. I am still me, but now with long, full blond hair, styled like that picture. My arms are now worthy of my legs—slender, sleek, smooth… My hands are…dainty…and adorned with long, pink nails.

My face is back in its full glory…my lashes grown back out to their full length. My brows are lighter, to match my hair, which seems to be naturally blond. My lips are a brighter pink to go with my nail polish. My facial features are the same they always have been, but my complexion is flawless. I have eyeshadow in shades of blue, pink and purple that complements my nails, lips, and hair…

My torso is still the same, flat, and blah… I am still more guy than girl, at least in looks, now. I am one hundred percent girl inside, though. I have no doubt about that anymore…

I quickly get dressed and go downstairs and start the coffee before Mom even gets up. There are advantages to having ‘magic’ makeup…or whatever is making it appear like it does.

I am fingering the chain around my neck, sipping a cup of coffee when Mom comes down. She chokes when she sees me, “Lan… Layla? Wow! Look at you! Look at that hair… Let me look at you!”

She has me stand up and she turns me around and hugs me. Then she asks me a surprising question, “Where did you get that necklace? I have never seen it.”

I finger the chain and say, “It’s the one I picked up at the flea market from that pretty lady, remember?”

Mom says, “No, that is not the same chain… This is much finer… It is still heavy, but it’s definitely a girl’s chain…not the one you were wearing…”

I go to the hall mirror and look at it. Mom is right. I say, “I don’t get it… I haven’t taken it off… Do you think Sheila could be…right?”

I reach behind me to take it off and Mom says, “No! Don’t! Let’s assume for a moment that it IS the necklace… We don’t know what will happen if you take it off. We will go back to the flea market this weekend to see if we can find that lady again and ask her some questions. Now, let’s go. I have to go in with you to sign some papers to have you officially enrolled as ‘Layla’…”


An hour later, ‘Landon James Simpson’ has officially been replaced in the school records with ‘Layla Jeanette Simpson’. I never even think to ask how come it is so easy…

The day starts out OK, I am mostly a curiosity to those in my first period. I am, however, welcomed by the LGBT community and society members that are present. Of course, I inevitably run into Edward and his gang after first period, which puts a whole different spin on the day.

Edward sneers, “Well, look! If it isn’t our newest drag fag!”

Kim, who was in first period with me, speaks up, “Stanton, you idiot! Shut up about things you don’t understand! When a GIRL dresses as a GIRL, SHE is not in drag!”

Edward and his group laugh and he says, “Babe! You can dress like a ‘girl’ for me, anytime. But, when a GUY dresses like a girl, then he is both in drag…and when he walks like a girl, he is a fag! Simpson here, qualifies for both!”

Cary, another girl from first period, and a supporting member of the LGBT community says, “No, you are wrong! Layla is as much of a girl as I am! Leave her alone!”

One of Edward’s cronies, Matt Jameson, snarls back, “I always thought you were a guy! Now we know!”

It is about to get ugly when Mr. Garner, the principal shows up and shouts, “What is going on here? I will not tolerate any disrespect or fighting! Am I understood? Any derogatory remarks or bullying will land someone in detention, or worse! And we have the cameras on to make sure we have proof this time. Am I clear?!?!? Now, to class! ALL of you!”

I hear Edward mumble under his breath, as he walks past me, “This is not over, drag fag!”

I thank all of the girls for standing up for me. They all pull me into the girl’s bathroom with them and Kim says, “Look, Layla. We may not understand everything that is going on with you. But, we accept your choice. OK? You can always duck in here, well ANY girl’s bathroom. I rather doubt that Edward or his cronies will follow you into one.”

I nod and actually take the advice on two occasions. Unfortunately, there are blind spots when it comes to the camera coverage. But, fortunately, they are right where there are girl’s bathrooms. I only had a run-in with one girl who challenged me and declared that I wasn’t allowed in ‘their’ sanctum. Fortunately, there were a couple of other girls that put her in her place.

Bethany and a whole group of girls escort me out after school—straight to Mrs. Braun’s car. Bethany and I get in and Mrs. Braun exclaims, “Layla! I love the hair!” Then she looks at Bethany and says, “That looked awfully much like an escort?”

Bethany just nods and says, “Yes, there was one skirmish. Mr. Garner shut it down before it got physical, though. We made sure that Layla wasn’t alone at all today, just to be sure. Edward and his crowd are basically cowards. They won’t take on more than one at a time…usually.”

We go straight to Bethany’s room once we get to her house to get started on my project. Bethany says, “OK, Layla. We are going to have to get some measurements, so we can start looking into the possible designs for your dress. Have you given that any thought?”

I say, “No, not really. Not with everything else going on. Do you have any suggestions?”

She starts up her laptop and we browse several websites. I look at dress after dress. They are all beautiful and I point out the things that I like about them. I can’t help but notice that model after model in the dresses are skinny…and beautiful, with awesome cleavage. All things that I am not…or don’t have… I start to get a bit discouraged and Bethany suggests we take a break.

We sit back and I tell her that Mom and I are going to have to go shopping to get me some clothes. She smiles and pulls me into one of their spare bedrooms. There are several boxes marked “Goodwill” stacked by the door. She says, “These are my sister’s from before she lost her weight. Most are brand new… Let’s see if there is anything you like. I am sure they will fit you, since her old pants did…

We go through the boxes and there are several skirts and tops, as well as dresses that I fall in love with. There is another box that is full of her other sister’s shoes that she had outgrown, including several pair of beautiful heels in my size that look brand new.

Bethany giggles and says, “My little sister is NOT one to wear heels if she can help it! Most of these have been worn ONCE, if that!”

Mom comes by to pick me up and is surprised at the haul that Mrs. Braun insists that I take at no charge. She laughs and says, “It will save me from having to haul them over to Goodwill! They have been sitting in that room for weeks, now. I am glad to be rid of them!”

Mom still takes me to the mall to get me some lingerie. We go into Victoria’s Secret, which totally surprises me. She gets me some more thongs, like I like (even though she still can’t understand that I do). She also gets me a couple of padded B-cup bras and some gel inserts. Finally, she surprises me when she picks out a couple of garter slips and belts and accompanying stockings.

She pays and we go back out to the car, me carrying the signature pink bag. We get in and Mom says, “I meant it when I said no wearing garters to school, though. Clear?”

I giggle and nod…still shocked at what had just transpired.

That night, I put on a nighty that I had also garnered from ‘the box’ at Bethany’s and fire up my laptop. I lay back on my bed after piling up the pillows and decide to do some more research on designs for my dress project.

All of the designs that I find that appeal to me are along the Victorian style. I decide to try some elements of that, but include some more modern style elements. The only problem is that, what really appeals to me on the Victorian-style dresses is the really narrow waist. I don’t have a waist like that…

I do some research and find out that the only way to really fully achieve that type of waist is through strict diet and corset training. I find some sites with models’ blogs and advice, which lead me to YouTube videos. There are some obscure things that I find out that models do to maintain their shape. Largely, a terrible diet of candy bars and cigarettes…although corsets are making a comeback in some venues. I shake my head, but can’t shake the image of being a beautiful model… Especially, in a cute gartered corset and stockings…


I wake up and look at the clock. I have plenty of time to get ready, since I really don’t have to worry about makeup—unless I want to change my look, of course. I decide I don’t today. I get up and go to my closet. I look in the mirror at my narrowing waist. I swivel back and forth and say to myself, “That corset is really starting to work!”

Then I realize what I am doing and had just thought. Mom comes in right then and says, “Good! You are up! Are you ready to get fastened up in your corset?”

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It would seem so...

Strange things are about... Strange times, indeed!

HUGS!

When all is said and done, I

When all is said and done, I just hope Layla remembers exactly who she is, and simply become a complete clone of her model idol.
Edward is about three bricks shy of a complete wall. He already knows the score regarding bullying anyone, especially Layla, yet he continues to pursue his agenda without pity, remorse, or common sense in general.

Yes...

Like I said before... Strange times are about... ;)

HUGS!

Waiting for the next chapter

Bobbie Sue's picture

Shauna,

I continue to really enjoy your work. I am waiting for the next chapter and know that I will not be disappointed.

HUGS

Bobbie Sue

Thanks, Bobbie Sue!

I am glad you are liking the story!

HUGS!

Edward has been told to lay off in so many words.

But, because he is an air head, he will continue to bully Layla until he is expelled. Layla is unaware that her slimming waist has more to do with looking at the models pictures than the corset she wears. Waiting for the next chapter. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."