Lonely

Printer-friendly version
Lonely
by Jenn C.
Copyright © 2013 Jenn C.
All Rights Reserved.

Lonely

I walked into a crowded place.
Full of family, full of friends
All who saw me, said Hello.

No one saw my inside face.
Secrets kept, which never ends.
Feelings buried, always below.

Life was alway a futile race.
My soul in pieces, with pain that rends.
To make it stop, one day I'll go.

Special thanks to Kristine Roland for help with my little poem.
 


Image Credit: the stage from Missymiller at Wordpress.com


 

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"To make it stop, one day I'll go."

please dont go hon. Maybe the answer is let out the inside face, tell the secret, unbury the feelings.

Beautiful piece, but heartbreakingly sad.

DogSig.png

This poem is relevant for so

KristineRead's picture

This poem is relevant for so many people, not just those with gender challenges.

Many a person outside our community has felt this same way. I enjoyed helping to refine it a little last night..

Hugs,

Kristy

cries out in a despair.

cries out in a despair. Please, do not follow through! You have a family here that loves and cherishes you.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Secrets kept...

Andrea Lena's picture

...which never ends.

Like Kristy says, this is so relevant for so many, though I'm also moved by how relevant it is for me and you and her and others here, of which we are all too aware, aye? Thank you for helping me know I'm not alone.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Hey mom...

...we all go eventually. Ever wonder who I'd like to see go first???

Always of you...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrat

PKB_003b.jpg

Oh yeah...luv the poem!!!

There's no loneliness quite like-

-being alone while surrounded by friends. Some have spouses who refuse to be their confidante; who ignore their needs; who seem to go blissfully on feeling like everything in the marriage is fine while their other half is dying emotionally. Others have secrets that they are sure will result in rejection my most or all of their friends and relatives, so they put on a joker face and act the part while dying inside. I've lived both of those situations. Being truly alone - by one's self - is lonely, but less so than being alone in a crowd. Thanks, Jenn, for putting this pain into words. Pain that can be talked about, can be dealt with. Love - **Sigh**

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

I understand...

That's very good, Jenn. Thanks for sharing it.
Many of us, if not all of us, have been very lonely at times. We made it through and so can you. Please don't give up and go away. You are worth fighting for.

When I was in my mid twenties, I was struggling with knowing who I am. My dad was trying to push me into being someone that I am not. Finally I told him "If I'm not me, then I'm nobody." He actually listened and backed off. He was still there to help me if I needed it, though. That's Love.

Stand up for you. We'll be here for you whenever you need us. Just let us know. You are worth it.

Mark <3

Lonely poem

Leigh Veritas's picture

A very sad piece I can identify with, but you are much needed. I hope this feeling passes and you continue to inspire with your words.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain.

Leigh Veritas

some day I will go

Meaning comes from the reader. Someday, when the time is right, you will go finish transitioning.

I say finish because once once accepts they are female, then the transition begins at that moment. It is not quite so lonely at BCTS. We are all sisters, despite the body we were born with.

I love you Jenn as so do many of the others here. You are not alone. We may not be in the same room with you, but you have a world of sisters who would be there for you if only allow us to.

Bright Blessings,
Cassie Ellen

Oh Jenn Jenn Jenn......

Profound words I have just read. I agree with Cassie though, one day you will go, go and be who you were ment to be. We're pullin' for ya hon. Big Hugs, Taarpa

Your poem on TopShelf Stories

Hi
Nice poem. The life of a transsexual is mostly lonely unless that person knows how to build strong friendships. Do you need support to get out of that internal prison, put your real life together and really start a happy life? Yes you can. I am an experienced transsexual living full time and to be able to be oneself and just live is a big remedy against loneliness and despair. Share your thoughts with someone who understand and is willing to helpproviding you are ready to help yourself.
[email protected]

Love It

I love it the more you write the more that will come.

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

What Next?

I was so touched by your choice of picture that I tried to write you some more words for your poem. especially after reading the responses posted to date.So forgive me but here are 2 short verses to make you think a bit about what next.

Pack your troubles in a case
Wrap with rope and tie the ends
They can't get out to hurt you, to make you feel so low

Now be that woman, full of grace,
Stand up, don’t be the one that bends
Your troubles now are locked away, because you let us know.

Hugs

Jules

Thank you for this, Jenn...

Ole Ulfson's picture

It speaks eloquently for the feelings of so many of us who are forced into the shadows by circumstance or duty to others.

But, rather than go, plan for the time when you are free to be your true self.

Your friend,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

A Very Moving Piece of Poetry

Teresa L.'s picture

Im sure that a lot of us who are in similar positions can identify with the feelings expressed in this poem. You and Kristine Roland have achieved a very simple to the point, and to the heart, what a lot of People who are forced to hide their true selves because of societies, friends and family expectations.

TerriTG

Teresa L.