Some days prayers are answered 3

Printer-friendly version

Sarah and I walk down the hall, past the living room into the kitchen. I expect to see David in the kitchen,
wonderful smells are usually his fault but we always forgive him. I stop dead in my tracks it's not David.

The creature in front of me is at least 6'0 tall, with short brown hair that's messed from sleep and not yet combed. wearing nothing but long black shorts and MY pink and blue striped slippers. {No wonder I couldn't find them.} He has just the right amount of muscle on his body lite definition that shows he's strong without looking like a body builder and deep blue eyes that make me week in my knees. I feel all kinds of warm inside at the sight of him.

He hands me a plate with bacon, eggs, and french toast my favorite breakfast. as I take the plate he steels a kiss just a quick peck on the lips but enough to throw me of balance. it's a good thing he is still holding the plate or my breakfast would be on the floor. I gather my thoughts this must be Tom. as I take hold of the plate his hand hooks the inside of my robe pulling it open just enough to get a look at my breast in its lacy covering. I swat his hand away. he looks hurt and says "what I already saw them Last night!"

My Mind is fuzzy what happened yesterday?, Why am I a woman?, Do I still have my job now?, who is this Tom?, how long have I known him?, and why is there a ring on my finger? A What there is a ring on my finger. a single gold ring on my finger with a small square diamond in it. I'm engaged to Tom who I've never meet before but apparently we slept together last night.
I take the plate back to the living room and sit down to eat. Tom grabs his own plate, sits down next to me and says "quite a night last night."

"You have no idea." was my only reply I stick a piece of bacon in my mouth its heaven just crisp enough without being crunchy the eggs are perfectly cooked and the french toast is to die for no wonder I said yes.

"This food is really good I think I'll keep you."

"I hope so I'd kinda like to keep you too." we kissed again this time was not such a shock he tasted like maple syrup.

then the phone rang I broke our kiss to look at the phone. It was work guess now is as good a time as any to find out if I still have a job.

"hello"

"Sorry to bother you but we need you to come in early there's been an accident and we need you on site."

"okay I'll be in soon"

Wait that call should have gone to a supervisor why was I called? I check my phone it's 7:00 on a Saturday. I tell the room I've got to go in to work early, some one's had an accident. I go back to my room to get dressed, no time for a shower today I groan and I check the work badge "supervisor" When did that happen? I look at my self in the full length mirror on the back of the door and drop the robe. My first real look at myself I'm about 5'4" now the bra I just grabbed from the drawer says 34C its lavender with just a hint of lace I take the matching pantie a place them on the bed I strip out of my little black lace baby doll nightie put on my under clothes followed by the uniform shirt from before and some black paints size 8 black socks with black tennis shoes complete the outfit add a quick touch of light makeup I grab my purse, my work bag and I'm out the door. I don't see my truck anywhere I reach in my purse grab my keys there's a remote I push the unlock button and a lite blue 2010 Dodge Neon beeps hello. I hop in and I'm off. There's not a lot of peace on my trip into work, so many changes what do I think of it all heck I've never been out on a date in my life. Now I'm engaged and what happened at work I hope everyone's alright.

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Short but intense postings

A lot going on in each.

BIG Q to answer is why? In addition to how?

Is this a prayer answered or fate/god/the universe fixing a mistake?

Is SHE in an alternative unverse somehow. An alternative time line where she was born a woman? Then who was Tom in the previous time line?

Or is it all a fevered dream and he is still his unhappy self?

Thanks for posting.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

All good questions

All good questions and the trick is finding the best way to answer each with in the story hopefully I can do justice to your theories.

I am always amazed at the power of words when they come flowing out of the heart; even in small numbers.

Some days prayers are answered 3

Hope she can choose to accept new reality, if it turns into a nightmare for her.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

It will be a fun journey for

It will be a fun journey for us all. As much as some of us would love this result I think we would all have some kind of off day like this as we figured out who we were supposed to be in a "new world" kinda like the dream we've all had were we are back in high school after 10 years and we can't remember where our classes are or the locker combination with our books trapped inside.

I am always amazed at the power of words when they come flowing out of the heart; even in small numbers.