Some days prayers are answered 1

Printer-friendly version

“I am sorry we are no longer in need of your services.” what a line of crap, they said the company was downsizing but I had just trained someone new for my department apparently they liked my work well enough to have me train my own replacement. The line about downsizing just a little C.Y.A.* in today’s warm fuzzy bunny world no one wants to say we are firing you because your Transgendered. I know with my build at 5’8 170 lbs plus a little padding in all the right places I was no beauty queen but I also didn’t scream freak ether. What now if it isn’t Spokane’s finest with their red and blue lights? My bad day just got worse, apparently in my rage I’d been speeding just a little well 20 mph over really isn’t that little. The silver lining to the $100 ticket at least he called me ma’am! I swear that will never get old.
Please forgive me I’ve just been ranting and I haven’t even introduced myself. My name is Jennifer, my friends call me Jenny. I am a 29 year old transgendered woman who just finally got approved for hormone therapy, came out at work and I have been living full time for about a month now. I live with my best friend Sarah and her husband David. They have been very supportive and without them I would never have made it this far with my wrists intact. Sadly due to the recently poor economy they have both lost their jobs in the last three weeks, today it was my turn.
I finally make it home and as I go to put the key in the lock I discover I still have my office key, so which key did I turn into my supervisor? That would be my house key and it just started raining. No one else is home yet, probably still pounding the pavement. God I hope one of them has good news. So I call Sarah, hey how far away are you? yeah I don’t have my key. It’s a long story I’ll tell you when you get home. She’s 20 minutes away at best so I take a seat in my old truck, lean back the seat and wait. God I wish, if you are up there, why I couldn’t have been born a normal woman? And that’s the last thing I remember.

*C.Y.A. = Cover your a*ss

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

what happened?

All good stories must cut out at the worst time to make you want more ether that or my muse took a 15 min break.

I am always amazed at the power of words when they come flowing out of the heart; even in small numbers.