The Guardian Princess 1: Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

And so our saga continues with the long trek to the castle.

“Whew how much further is it to the castle, wizard, we’ve been walking forever?”

“Uh……we’ve only been walking for two minutes.” Replied the wizard.

“Yea, I know, Like I said, how much further?” asked Paul

“Uh…The castle is 100 yards in front of us. You can see it right in front of you and we are nearing the draw bridge” Said Aldegard

“Awe man we will never get there.”

“You are mocking my rate of speed and old age again aren’t you, you young whelp?”

“YEP.” Paul replied with a giggle.

“Grow a sense of humor you old coot.” Paul got out in another giggle.

“Hey!!! What the hell….guys don’t giggle…what the hell is wrong with me?”

“Justice!” the wizard replied with a smile.

As they entered the gates of the castle, a cute little firey redhead approached the wizard.

“Madam, you have returned!” said the redhead excitedly

“Uh……..Madam?” asked Paul a little confused

“Er……….well, yes.” Said the wizard “Um……..” the wizard waved his/her arm and, in the place of the old man, appeared a very beautiful middle aged Elvin Matron.

“We……the Queen and I thought you would be more…uh…comfortable with a stereotypical fairytale type wizard, for our first meeting.” Explained Aldegard

“Matron Constance Aldegard at your service, Guardian.” She said as she curtsied.

She continued with, “This is Mya, your guide and liason to the Queen for as long as you need her.” She explained.

“I am honored, Noble One.” Mya said with a smile
“Believe me, your sweetness, the honor is all mine.” Said Paul with a hungry smile on his face.

“Watch it Dear, he is……..a bit spirited.” Aldegard explained.

“Ahhh…I see that, Madam Matron.” Replied Mya

“Uhh……Matron?” Paul began

“I know I said some disrespectful things too you in the spirit of humor………err….ummm…..but, well, I’m sorry. I would never have been disrespectful of you had I known……….” Paul tried to say.

“So you would have been more reserved, had you known I was a woman?” she asked

“Yes Mam.” “And I would never even have dreamed of threatening you.” He replied as Mya frowned at this last remark. She was very protective of her master and one day would graduate from apprentice to master wizard, herself, and hopefully take Aldegards place as The Queen’s personal House Wizard. The Guardian threatening the House Wizard was unheard of. Paul had lost big points with her, this day.

“There is your most important reason why I appeared as I did, young one. We wanted to meet the TRUE you, not some polished version.” Aldegard explained.

“Umm……still I’m sorry.” He said bowing to her.

The Matrons eyes grew very wide. She rushed up to him at the same time Mya reached him. They grabbed him in mid bow and yanked him straight. Looking around, the Matron grew calmer. She didn’t think anyone had seen that. “Quite alright, child, I forgive you.” She continued in a whisper “ Please, do not ever do that again.”

“I don’t understand. I was only showing you the respect you deserve.” He said, confused.

“It was a sweet gesture, however, here in Freguard, the Guardian is the Queens equal in status. You will remember to bow to no one, and give only a half cur……….err bow to the Queen, showing the status of equals. Understand?” she asked

“Uhhh….yea.” he said, a little overwhelmed at how truly important he was to be in this land.

“Ok then. Be off with you then. You have a lot to see, and only a day to see it. Mya take the Guardian to see Her Majesty first, then give him the grand tour. I will be by to pick the Guardian up on the morrow, huh hmmm, properly attired, if you can swing it before I arrive. Otherwise I will see to it. Understand, Mya?” she asked

“Yes Matron.” She said and curtsied.

“Off with you both then, I have errands to see to.” Said Constance.

Paul followed Mya around like a puppy dog as she pointed out important tapestries and paintings of Royal house members, past and present, on the way to court to meet the Queen. There were a lot of curious and surprised looks and mumbles as they passed many of the Queens royal servants. Paul even thought he heard the word “Princess” many times. He felt tingles down his spine sometimes when this happened but thought nothing of it and even managed to make a completely off target conclusion.

“Wow, I thought you were just an apprentice, and here you are a Princess also?” Paul guessed.

*giggle* *giggle* was Mya’s only response as they kept moving.

As they arrived at court, trumpets sounded and he was announce as “The Guardian of Freguard”. Mya leaned into his ear and quietly whispered “Ok, listen closely. This may sound weird, but please, just go along with it and don’t argue. This kingdom is based on a Matriarch system, meaning it is ran by the Queen. You are equal to her, however, SHE makes the rules. Since she is a female and she curtsies, she will expect the same in return. So it may be weird to you, but when she half curtsies you, half curtsy her in return. Understand?” asked Mya.

“Uh…yea I guess, but I’m a guy and I’ve never curtsied before. How the hell do I cursty?” he asked

“Just watch me and do the same, only go halfway as far as I do, ok? She asked

“Okie dokie.” He said getting a confused look from her.

“It means ok.” He whispered and got an understanding nod from her as they approached the queen.

“He noticed other men approach the Queen first and bow to her, which, confused him more, however, he didn’t think his liason would dare try to embarrass the Guardian so he opted to follow her advice

The Queen got a good look at the Guardian for the first time and was a bit shocked at this male who looked so much like the male version of Princess Samantha, the last Guardian. She was aware of the precarious position they were in and the time that was needed to ………..correct was the best word. To correct the gender mistake. She knew she had to be very careful at this point in addressing the Guardian, before he was fully appraised of the situation.

She expected a bow when she half-curtsied the Guardian, but was pleasantly surprised when the Guardian half-curtsied in return. This caused some mumbling in the crowd of court members but her stern look quieted them. Mya chanced a covert wink at her, which caused her to smile. The little devil had convinced him it was proper even if a little strange, she betted. Mya would become a very good House Wizard in her time, the Queen thought.

“I am honored to meet you, Guardian of Freguard.” The Queen announced causing the court to quiet.

“No Your Majesty! The honor is surely all mine.” Paul announced

Did this Guardian have any idea how much he had just honored her in front of her kingdom?

Mya looked thoroughly pleased with the remark

The Court cheered loudly, for the Guardian had returned!!!

The Queen recovered from the shock of the very generous honor and announced, “You would surely like some refreshment and a tour of the castle, so I will let Mya continue her duties and leave you to explore.

With that, they were dismissed and Mya led Paul out of court.

“Would you like some refreshments?” she asked

“ Nah…..im good, for now. A tour would be nice though, if you don’t mind, sweetheart.” He replied

“Very well.” She said coldly. I’ll show him what a sweetheart really looks like by the end of this day when he looks into the mirror. I promise that, she thought.

Ut oh, Paul thought this girl was beginning to give him the impression that she had a bit of the devil in her with that odd smirk that just crossed her face.

The day passed quickly with lots of castle history from Mya and quite a bit of bowing and curtsying from subjects. Many comments of honored Princess and random giggles from Mya, assured him that she was indeed a Princess and also the Devil, both simultaneously.

“Uh….Mya?” Paul started.

“Yes?” she responded.

“Who is that Man dressed in those fancy black duds that I keep seeing everywhere we go, who seems to have great interest in you, and I do not mean in a plutonic way?” Paul finished.

Mya giggled again and responded with, “THAT is Prince Tomas, the Queens son and Warrior Prime of Freguard, Protector of the Guardian, and his interest is NOT in me, but you.” Mya responded.

“Uh …well if I’m supposed to be super powerful why do I need a protector.” Paul asked

“Mostly, it is just a title, but the Warrior Prime has a very useful power to the Guardian. He is a magic black hole. Magic is absorbed by him with no harmful effects, helping the Guardian during powerful magic attacks.” She explained

“Ah well the looks he is giving me are creeping me out. Someone needs to tell him I don’t play for that team.” Paul said, which caused Mya to giggle some more. DEVIL CHILD!!!! He thought.

As evening approached, he was beginning to tire. “Could you show me my room now, sweatpants?” he said with a smile, knowing the “sweet” nicknames were getting to her.

“Of course.” She replied with pure venom in her voice.

AH HA! She was the Devil he thought with a smile.

“Here are your chambers.” She said as they walked into a lavishly decorated suite of 3 rooms that would make his apartment look like a doghouse for a miniature poodle.

Wow he thought this job is gonna rock.

“Will there be anything else before you retire?” she asked

“No thank you, sweetykins. Thank you for the tour today.” He replied with a smile, not being able to fire one last “sweet” shot at her before she left.”

“It was my honor, PRINCESS!” she shot back as she quickly closed the door and moved quickly down the hall thinking to herself …we will see who looks like the bigger sweetheart in the morning, Princess, and started giggling all the way to her chambers.

WHAT THE HELL!! ! he thought. He shook the comment off, thinking she was getting even with him for all the “sweet” comments. He smiled and yelled “DEVIL WOMAN” hoping she heard him, before making his way to his oceanliner of a bed. He snuggled under his wonderful silk sheets and had one last thought before drifting off to sleep. “ I’ve got to have the maid do something about this pink decorum in the morning.

Paul had some very odd and very erotic dreams that night. The problem was that he was dressed as a Princess and his Prince kept kissing him and feeling up his cute little pink dress. The odd part was that he was enjoying the Prince’s advances way too much and would snuggle further into his large manly chest after each kiss.

Paul woke sometime in the middle of the night with tingles shooting up and down his body. He was sweating profusely and panting hard. WOW, im gonna get even, bigtime with that Devil woman for instigating these dreams …no nightmares….with that PRINCESS comment. He rolled over and went back to sleep…..and to Prince Tomas.

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good Stuff

I like the story so far. Please keep writing. I like how the characters are all rubbing the other just the wrong way.

The Magic Kingdom

Terry Brook's "Magic Kingdom for Sale" had it's share of misunderstanding. It can't hold a candle to your wonderful little tale. It's obvious that everyone is in on the deception and the poor Guardian hasn't caught on yet.
Hugs!
grover

Poor Paul

He still has no clue as to what is about to happen. And that imp is having too much fun being Paul's guide. The honor he bestows on the Queen is very sweet.