The Guardian Princess 1: Chapter 4- Beginnings

Printer-friendly version

WARNING. This chapter contains the history of the Guardian Princess and is more serious in nature

I promise that i will return to my usual gigglefest writing after this historic piece is out of the way=)

Prince Tomas was not the only theme of dreams that Paul experienced that night………..

10,000 years ago……………………………………

The land was at war. Magic creatures of both good and evil were at constant battle. The race of Man………..well, they were helpless to stop anything. Man held no magic at this time.

The evil race called “The Draven” were intent upon making Man extinct. All of the good creatures of magic banded together to protect man. They decided that Man would be safer if they were separated from all magic. 100 of the most powerful Fairie creatures came together and gathered Man together. They crossed many thousand miles until they came to the borders of the explored lands of Fairie(which is now known as Freguard).

The Fairie creatures then hearded one million men across that line and began to cast the most powerful spell ever attempted. They managed to create a barrier between Fairie and Learity, as the new realm would be called. This spell was so powerful that it almost failed. If it were not for the 100 female Fairies giving their very life force along with all their strength, that spell would have failed.

Not a single one of them survived, and are honored to this day in Learity, even if we do not realize who or how we honor them.

Even with that sacrifice there are still a few holes in that barrier that can be opened by powerful magic. One Fairie creature was trapped on the other side of the barrier when it closed. She invoked a powerful spell to return to her people and help in the war. After being told of this sacrifice, she brought back with her 100,000 of the strongest warriors, both male and female, to help.

Once they crossed back over, the powerful magic still in the air, transformed them into a race now known as Elves. The women were somehow able, on a genetic level to store bits of magic, causing mutations that made them magic savvy.

The Fairie females’ name was Ryana. Ryana marched those 100,000 Elves back to the front line of the war. These 100,000 brave warriors were said to be instrumental in turning the tide of a war that was close to being tragic for the good Fairie creatures.

99,000 fell bravely in battle. If you asked the 1,000 survivors if it was worth it, they would reply with “NO”. They believe that they still owed the Fairie for the selfless acts of the 100 that saved the other 900,000 Men. If you asked the Fairie, they would say the debt was repaid and then some. They intended to repay the “Then some”.

The Good triumphed over Evil and a great celebration was thrown. Later the Fairie met with the 1,000 survivors and helped to set up their system of governing. They created a Matriarch, since the females would become far more powerful than the males. However, since both genders had contributed equally, the fairie had to find a way to ensure that the government and all of its people upheld to justice and honor. At the same time, they wanted to give the Elves a gift that would also guard them from all the worst evil creatures who had escaped the Great War.

500 of the most powerful, magic using, Fairie created a spirit, the Guardian spirit. This spirit would possess an empty Elvin vessel. To ensure that this spirit would not be hindered in its duties, it would rank evenly with the chosen Matriarch. The Matriarch would govern the lands and the Guardian would govern the justice system. To insure that the Guardian had the power needed to police the land, they made the spirit female in nature. She would be the most potent magical being in the land and have near unlimited strength, as needed. “As needed” was a fail safe method so the Guardian would not accidentally crush someone when meaning to hug them and such.

When she was in battle rage or angered by injustice she would literally be able to decimate anything in her way.

The vessel of the spirit would be allowed to have 1 single child. She would not be fertile for exactly 100 years and the child would be carried to term without a spirit of its own. At birth the mother would perish and the spirit would transfer to the child. The child would remember nothing of her past life, however, would retain the skills of Steel and Magic, making her more and more powerful each reincarnation.

The Fairie then created 2 more spirits, who would help protect the Guardian Spirit. They would be deemed “The Warrior Prime”. Since the Warrior Prime would need training there would be 2 spirits that would alternate as master and apprentice and not be empty vessels, but be chosen from the most noble and honorable souls in the land. Their power would entail invulnerability to all forms of magic and the strength of 3 grown men. They would only receive their power after they had been trained suitably and verified by the Queen in an indoctrination ceremony.

The Warrior Prime and the Guardian Spirit would have a supernatural bond to one another. They would share a love bond so strong that if the Guardian ever perished, the Warrior Prime would die of a broken heart. If, however, the Warrior Prime was killed, the Guardian Spirit would let loose a wrath so terrible, the world would tremble.

If the Guardian is killed, her spirit will flee into the closest empty vessel that can be found. If in fact that vessel happened to be male, she would invoke any necessary changes, although, they had to ultimately be voluntary. The vessel needed to cooperate for the changes to succeed. This would seem simple, if it were not for the small fact of the vessels upbringing and the fact that the vessel would not remember its past lives.

This is the “Way of the Guardian Princess”.

33 years ago………………………………..

They had tracked the evil Scorpion Queen to her lair and finally after 2 long years of her minion wreaking havoc on the lands of Freguard.

“your reign of terror is over, Sonja.” Declared Prince Briton, Warrior Prime of Freguard.

“HAHAHAHA. You are no match for me you simple fool.” Sonja exclaimed

“But I AM!!” declared Princess Samantha as she appeared out of the shadow.

“GUARDIAN SCUM!!!!” Sonja yelled in panic as she hurled a summoned magical dagger as the Princess, who easily dodged it.

The Scorpion Queen then changed tactics and started hurling the summoned magic daggers at the Prince, who laughed as he absorbed them harmlessly, since they were made of pure magic, until…………

The Prince’s eyes went wide as he looked down at his chest over his heart where a dagger was protruding. He croaked out “How………..” as the poison in the dagger took effect and he fell over, and managed to say “Im…..sorry…….I …..failed you…..my love….” And died.

The Scorpion Queen laughed as she explained that the last dagger she threw was summoned, however, not magic. She had summoned the poison steel dagger from her belt.

The Heartbreaking wail that came from the Princess shattered rock, steel and potion bottles all throughout the cavern. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAWWAWWAAWWWWRRGH!!!!!!”

Sonja managed to escape the Princess’s grasp by using a portal spell.

These were dark days for Freguard. The Princess literally tore Freguard apart with her bare hands looking for the Queen.

Finally she found the Queen again. The Queen was no match for Samantha. To say Samantha punished the Queen before she killed her, was a major understatement. She was brutal and without mercy. This became her downfall though.

As the Princess approached to finish the Queen off, the Queen managed to slip her last poison dagger into the Princess’s ribs. When they finally found the Princess’s corpse, its hands were still wrapped around the brutally tortured corpse’s throat that used to be the Scorpion Queen.

When the Princess died, the Guardian Spirit frantically searched far and wide for a vessel and none were to be found….

……Finally she ripped a hole in the magic barrier and found 1 available vessel just being conceived, in Learity. She knew this was a risk, but she had faith that Freguards Wizards would ultimately find her in her new vessel……………………………...its name was …………………………………………………………………………………………..
…………………………………………………………………………………………..
…………………………………………………………………………………………..
Paul.

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As you can tell

As you can tell by my writing Im a major Terry Brooks and William King fan but it came to a bit of surprise to me that my story would be received so well. Thank you all for making me feel at home here=)

and all the girls shouted, "Woo Hoo!"

The exposition has to go somewhere. Since you got it all in with one fell swoop then that means that there is nothing to impeed the frivolity that has been unleashed. You've created a wonderful universe and I am glad to be among the ones who get to experiance it thru your writing. May good fortune follow you every where you go for the blessing that you bring us. I can't wait for the next chapter which should be lots of fun.

All my hopes,
Sasha

All my hopes
Sasha Zarya Nexus

So far ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... soooo funny! Paul is suffering from that nasty "assumption makes an ass out of you and me" bit. However, the title "Guardian" has no sexual denotations and he had no inclination to think his sex would be changed . He also did his part and read the contract very carefully so we can take it that it didn't say anywhere that he would be changed to female. I think he has a right to be pissed and a good case that he was lied to by omission. I hope it takes many chapters for him to accept his fate (If mommy could get him out of it, there wouldn't be a story) What happens when he refuses to cooperate, or change his sexual orientation - falls for a princess as a soulmate and tells Prince TomAss to take a hike, etc. In other words, I hope the spells didn't change him mentally and he doesn't just roll over and decide to be a good little Guardianette. Looking forward to the chuckles ... well, OK, giggles :-)

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Big Fan

I'm a big fan of Sarah's G15 series and awhile back I told Dr. Bill the same thing about your's and his Exodus universe spin off G11 classified. Its much more fun to read when then go out fighting.....but still go out=) with Sarah's permission i've been slowly working on an Exodus universe piece called G9 - Guardian Spirit which I was hoping to tie into the future version of this one using the "special" angle Sarah first introduced.

Thank you for your feedback and i have enjoyed G11 WTG and keep up the good work Jezzi uh again having the same talent for assumption as paul that is assuming this is the same Jezzi Belle that is known to us as Jezzi Belle Stewart?

THEY OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE DEALING WITH!!!

YE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED has issued me a challenge and I ACCEPT!!!! I am told that I could not possibly use these key words in a chapter and have them flow with the storyline.....OH this next chapter is gonna be sooooo fun to write *giggle giggle*

here they are in no particular order.

Darth vader

Slimy flying head

Get laid

Bicycle

Bah wit dah bah dih bang dih bang diggy diggy diggy(from the kid rock song)

Great stuff but you forgot

a great wacky magic and middle ages tale.

but you forgot,

"Ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang",

And "She was sitting on a ship sipping Schlitz."

Take THAT! HAH!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Oh you dirty rat

I ACCEPT!!! and fart in your general direction

ARRRRRGHH

First off, the only thing the Black Knight,....spelled with a "K" by the way, is good at is biting ankles. Secondly your lucky I like you John from Cinc....err Wasuwatosa or id sick the Guardian Princess on yer Arse for even implying I keep company with frenchmen let alone declare myself as such=P=)

Keep up the inventive wackyness or ...

I'll sick Bicycle Repairman on you.

I thought he threatened to bite Arthur's kneecaps off.

Or, for those who know German,

Wenn ist da Nunstuck git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! .. Beiherhubd das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput"

So there!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Still chuckling

I am on the record as not liking serial stories..but I also appreciate the effort it takes to deliver them. I personally think it is a very huge thing for BC to have author's of every kind. I know, I work at pissing people off here, or, so I am told. This story is both delightful and silly and I love it. I don't know why really, but I don't need to explain that either. :)

Gwen

Gwen Lavyril

Gwen Lavyril

Part 5

ill try to have part 5 up with the next couple hours

Guardian Princess

I don't know about Terry Brooks, But Tigger has a story Change Of Pace At StorySite. It ids about the war between witches and warlocks. good reading if a bit long. and JRD continues the story at Fictionmania.