The Half Lilin: By The Light Of The Moon (Chapter 10)

Printer-friendly version
She looked at me with such a sinister look that would make any man wet his pants. Then she grabbed my neck and pulled me up, suspending me half a foot above the floor by my neck. In reflex, my hands flew up to pull at the fingers while my legs kept kicking hers.

As my vision started to blur and I started to lose consciousness, I called up the deathscythe in desperation.

Immediately, I felt her grip weaken, and my visions returned. When my vision cleared, I realized that I had inadvertently drawn the blade of the scythe mere inches from her neck.

"One of death, I see. You've come a long way from that love-sick boy in elementary school. Now what are you going to do with this, sister?" she mocked.

The Half Lilin: By The Light Of The Moon (Chapter 10)

By Shinieris


 

"Pin pon!" came the bell again.

I groaned from my facedown position on the bed. I had returned home so tired, I simply plopped down onto my bed and fell asleep. I guess having to practice my aura for two full hours sapped too much of my strength. I was so tired I had to leave my car at work and have Sue drive me home.

I looked at the black colored tattoo of the deathscythe at the back of my hand and thanked Mother for finally being able absorb it into my body in the end.

The bell rang again, just as I was about to drift to sleep.

I groaned loudly as I pushed my body up from the bed. It was a herculean effort, as my body's simple wish was to lie down and get back to sleep. I managed to put my two feet on the floor with great difficulty and it took a few extra minutes to pull myself into a standing position.

I was about to fall back onto the bed when the bell rang again. I reluctantly dragged myself, my body swaying left and right, to the front door.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Little Vicky asked when I came upon doorway to the living room.

I gave him the thumbs up sign with my fingers as a reply. I wasn't in the mood for much talking. A loud explosion managed to draw his attention back to watching the cartoon on my plasma TV. From a glance, I think he was watching Donald Duck.

Huh? Donald Duck? Something's wrong here.

There was definitely something wrong with this picture, but my tired mind couldn't process the information at all. Just walking to the front door made me want to faint. Another loud ringing of the doorbell jarred me awake, not to mention giving me a hell of a headache with the constant ringing in my ears.

Opening the door slightly, I asked in a weak voice, "Who the heck is it?!"

"Pat!" came the voice that I wasn't expecting. I suddenly became awake.

"Umm, Chris... hi," I said as I started to slam the door in his face. Damn, damn, damn. Why the heck is he here?

Like many other times before, it didn't work. He blocked it with one muscly arm. "Arggh! Damn, that hurts!" He looked like he was about to punch me.

I stood there silently, just leting him take his time to calm down. While at the same time, I was subtly trying to push the door close with my hands and foot.

He definitely noticed because he pushed right back with much more force that in the end, it became a contest of door-pushing, with me on the losing end. Then he got in, closed the door and said in a monotone, "You are going to explain to me why you avoided me for the whole day."

How would you explain that you were tired from practicing how to turn a deathscythe into ice, then practice shoving it into your body? At the same time you're troubled about the death of your own death and wondering how you were gonna die. Then to top it off, you wanted to take a piss but your bladder's frozen? And when you're done with all that, you just wanted to lie down and sleep?

Oh wait, maybe that's not such a bad way of putting it, I thought.

He intercepted my words before I could say anything. "And don't tell me you didn't cast some hocus pocus to keep me away. Don't think I didn't recognize witchcraft when I see one. Everytime I tried to talk to you, somebody else beat to it, or they tried get me to go somewhere else. Heck! I only sat on my chair for 10 minutes before someone told me to go away! I had to take my laptop and do my work in the pantry because I couldn't get any work done while I sat in front of you!"

Gosh! He was foaming at the mouth.

"That... wasn't me." I didn't lie. It was Sue who did it. I asked her to put that same warding field on my cubicle after seeing how effective it was at keeping the two horny lesbians from coming out of the ladies room. The main reason for that, was because I didn't want to deal with Chris today. I was so tired, it felt like my soul had left my body. It didn't cross my mind though, that I may have to deal with him at home instead.

Looking somewhat pissed, he advanced towards me. I couldn't help but took a step back, again and again, as he came closer and closer until in the end, I had my back to the wall. Then he raised his arms and trapped my head between them, with each mere inches from my ears. Not being able to slither my way under his arms due to the proximity of his body (which I noticed was touching me in several places), I realized that I was pretty much trapped.

"Do NOT avoid me, Pat. I did not appreciate it back then, and hell am I going to appreciate it now," he said in a very threatening voice.

I had a feeling that the 'back then' that Chris mentioned actually went way back, much earlier than this afternoon. Chris really has a long standing issue with me. I'm surprised that he hadn't broken my legs yet. I probably should be thankful for that.

"Umm, Chris... would you mind giving me a bit of space?" I said as I tried to will myself into the wall.

Instead of complying with my request, he pushed his face in front of mine, so close it may have appeared as if we were kissing. So in response, I twisted my neck, with my face facing left to the end of the hallway, which leads to my and Tell's room.

I could feel his breath on my neck as he spoke, "First you tell me why you avoided me for the whole day."

"I didn't avoid you," I said which sounded like a lie even to myself.

"Oh yeah? Perhaps you were playing cowboys and indians then?" he whispered in my ear. After a few moments of silence, he continued, "Or perhaps it was hide and seek, except I wasn't aware that we were playing."

"Geez, Chris..." I said as I felt his breath on my neck again, "... you're being too friendly again. Would it hurt if you give me a bit of space?"

"What, today's not enough.? You seemed to have plenty of space today," he said as his right hand came up behind my head and grabbed a handful of my hair, "How much space do you want now?"

I winced at the pain. "Well, if you could take a step back, that will be lovely, thank you. And would you mind letting go of my hair, please?"

With a snicker, and a tighter grip on my hair, he said, "You're cracking me up, Pat. You're going to..."

Crash!

"What the fuck was that?" Chris asked as he let go of my hair. Then I heard another crash, less loud this time, but still a crash.

I pushed his arms away. "Sounds like it's coming from Tell's room, "I said as I ran towards Tell's room. Little Vicky came out of the living room at that moment and I quickly told him to 'sit and watch the cartoon', to which he complied. Chris looked at into the living room and remarked, "Hey, I thought the plasma..." of which his remaining words were left unspoken because I had already arrived at Tell's room.

Chris was standing behind me when I opened the door. I looked around and started to panic. "Where the hell's Tell?!" I cried at the empty bed.

Then I made a scream of horror as my eyes found the source of the crash. It was my Special Edition Fate/Stay Night Excalibur! The hilt and lower part of the sword was lodged into the door of the walk-in closet. The other part was across the floor, as if it broke apart from the rest and flew across the room. Wait, that means it's now broken into two. Why!!!? They don't even make this anymore!

Another quick glance with my tears-filled eyes showed that the display shelf in the room, which was supposed to display my anime and manga stuff had a hole in the glass and one of my old stuff, a Magna Carta vase was missing. Looking at another hole in the window's glass, I just knew that the vase is now nothing more than a thousand pieces of fired clay on the street below.

I resolved that every single piece of my anime and manga things will be kept in a warehouse somewhere. My heart could no longer handle the pain.

As my tears of despair dripped to the floor at seeing the destruction of such rare pieces of limited issue relics, I heard a rummaging sound from the closet, before Tell's round ass poked out. She was walking backwards, bent at the waist and dragging out a huge case, which I identified as mom's jewelery case.

"Seems like she's just fine. There's no need to worry, Pat." Chris punctuated his words by patting my head.

"No way," I sobbed as I slapped his hand from my head, my eyes still filled with tears. Tell was entering the combination for the three locks, seemingly oblivious to our presence. "I have a very bad feeling about this," I continued.

"Man, you think too much," he patted my head again, then strolled over to Tell before I could remove it myself. "Hey Tell, you're scaring your sister."

I fumed at that. Despite still having a pair of wet eyes, I cried, "I'm NOT a girl! How many times do I have to tell you that!"

He grinned at my response. "Could've fooled me that time. Hey, Tell," he turned around and was about to put his hand on Tell's shoulder when she suddenly turned around and glared at us with eyes so wide it looked impossible.

And her pupils were red, not the brown that she normally had. It was glowing too, in this dimly-lighted room.

"You worthless fools!" she hissed, her voice echoing around me. "After all this time, you can't even handle one wild mutt. Why the hell did I even bother giving you time in the first place?"

"Err, Tell, are you okay? Maybe we should get you to the hospital. You don't look so well," Chris said as he offered his hand to Tell.

Tell moved as if she want to take it, but instead of taking it, she grabbed his arm, pulled it close and then she threw him across the room in a blink of an eye. The only indication he was no longer standing, was the sound of something hitting the wall behind me hard. Her throw only barely missed me.

I knelt down next to Chris as he complained about the pain of having his back hit the wall and about how his unprepared hand break his fall. I looked up at Tell and was shocked to realize that instead of being on the other side of the room, she was now standing right in front of me.

She looked at me with such a sinister look that would make any man wet his pants. Then she grabbed my neck and pulled me up, suspending me half a foot above the floor by my neck. In reflex, my hands flew up to pull at the fingers while my legs kept kicking hers.

As my vision started to blur and I started to lose consciousness, I called up the deathscythe in desperation.

Immediately, I felt her grip weaken, and my visions returned. When my vision cleared, I realized that I had inadvertently drawn the blade of the scythe mere inches from her neck.

"One of death, I see. You've come a long way from that love-sick boy in elementary school. Now what are you going to do with this, sister?" she mocked.

"Don't make me do this, Tell," I managed to rasp out, "The date of your death is still decades away."

"Good to hear," she loosened her grip and I fell to the floor in a heap. I immediately started coughing and drawing in breath that I had been denied of for a bit. Just as I was about to relax, he continued, "Which means I won't die tonight." Then she went back to mom's jewelery case.

By the time I fully recovered, she had already pulled out a long silver dagger with golden stripes across its blade. I recognized the dagger from the last time I opened mom's jewelery case, when I was looking for Flo. The dagger was smooth at the hilt, with notches about an inch apart, and the hilt was curved in shape, so the middle would be slimmer than the ends. It had a single blue gem at the pommel, held by what looked like claws that extended from the hilt. The dagger's blade was also slightly slimmer at the middle, but instead of notches, the edges were largely jagged, except for the base and the tip. This blade wasn't only meant to kill, it was meant to kill while causing the most amount of pain.

"What are you going to do with that, Tell?" I asked, seeing her flick the dagger on her middle finger while looking at it as if admiring its features. Then before the blood from her finger flowed down, she put the finger into her own mouth and sucked.

"What else? I'm going to kill that oversized bitch that clawed at my guts." Then she went back to sucking the injured finger before saying, "Isn't it amazing, how mom was able to get ahold of Hildegard's Silver Blade? This blade was once used to protect the first Empress of the Holy Roman Empire. Gotta love the history."

"And how would you know that, Tell? I don't see anything resembling a historical report here."

"Oh, dear sister. I see things. You have no idea," she said, her face making a pained look.

"What kind of things, Tell?" I asked, slightly wondering if she has some kind of psychotic illness.

She snapped her head to my direction. "All kinds of things, sister. By the way, my name is Illy-Lyri. Don't forget that," she said as she closed the jewelery case and started to walk to the door.

"Stop!" I said, pushing myself on my feet. "You won't last a minute against that werewolf," I said with my arms stretched to the sides, blocking the way to the door.

She abruptly stopped and snapped her head at me, her red eyes glowing brightly. "Is this a discussion?" she said as she walked the few steps to reach me. "I'm sorry," she continued, "I don't think I've received that memo."

Then she grabbed my shirt, and threw me over her shoulders and I flew behind her, hitting the wall before falling on top of Chris, who was about to get up. Chris responded by shouting profanities at me. At least I think he was cursing me. He did mention someone he referred to as 'bitch', and I'm about the only one I know whom he would refer to as 'bitch' regularly. Tell then walked out of the room, carrying in her hand the silver dagger.

"Stop!" I rasped as I used Chris's head as leverage to get back on my feet. Again, Chris responded with profanities, except that this time it was much muffled by his face's contact with the carpet.

By the time I came to the hallway, the pain had numbed and I was moving much smoother. Tell on the other hand was already out of the front door. I chased after Tell, asking her to stop. Tell, hearing my voice, stood at the walkway outside my apartment unit and turned around to face me. She continued looking at me even once I stopped in front of her to catch my breath.

"You can't go," I said, still catching my breath. "Come on, we'll find the werewolf together and we'll beat it together. At the moment, we don't even know where the werewolf is." Then I held out my hand to her, hoping that she would take it.

She seemed to hesitate, and I drew a breath of relief when she slowly raised her hand to take mine. Then her eyes glowed with the sinister red glow again and I just knew that things had taken a turn for the worse. "But sister," she said, "I already know where she is."

With that, she leaned on the railing and fell backward. I panicked. All I knew was that she must not go alone. So I forgot that I lived on the twelft floor when I jumped after her. So imagine my shock at seeing the ground coming closer and closer. As we both freefalled, I started to wonder the wisdom in jumping after her.

It was then that my eyes caught a sight of something moving near Tell. I stabilized myself as much as I could and focused my vision on Tell's legs. There, extending from under her nightgown, was a tail, of which the tip had started to turn into some kind of clear crystal. As I watched her, her back sprouted wings, to which I said aloud, "What the hell?!"

As I passed her and she started to fly away, the gravity of the situation (pardon the pun) hit me and I just had to say, "Fuck!"

*Done proofreading, now back to writing. I know the chapter is a bit short, but I felt that this chapter would not fit in either the last chapter, or the next. So there. As always, any feedbacks are very welcomed and appreciated.

*Anyway, I left a couple of easter eggs in this chapter. Can anyone guess what it is, and give me some thoughts? Want to see if I've become predictable, which is not good. Should not be a problem if you read it from the start. If you can guess it, you'll win a weekend vacation at Antarctica. No, that was a joke.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Half Lilin: By The Light Of The Moon (Chapter 10)

Love the new pic, very sexy. How did Tell get possessed? How that sword get broke? What about that dagger? Couldn't Pat simply kill the demon and let ell liv e?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

The pic.

shiinaai's picture

Yeah, well, I know it doesn't really fit, since Arienh's hair is purple and her horns are white colored and not mostly black. But... that's the best I could find and I couldn't bear spending time changing the color :P

Not quite the easter eggs I had prepared. But Pat couldn't handle Tell because her powers are sealed.

Lilith

I think Ilsye needs to make up with lilith, cause tell isnt supposed to have lilin powers, lilith said she would be too dangerous

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Good chapter now I can't

Good chapter now I can't wait to see what happens next
Big cliffhanger

Next

shiinaai's picture

You'll see some revelations in the next chapter. After that, the final battle. Can Ilyse defeat the werewolf? Can Ilyse defeat Illy-Lyri. Can Illy-Lyrin defeat the werewolf? Who is the werewolf? Who really cares? I'm just writing it the way it's supposed to be written :P

Thanks for the comment and keep supporting me.

Lilith

shiinaai's picture

You'll see Lilith again in the next chapter. So don't worry, everything's still fucked up :P

Actually, that was Dinah who said that, I think.

Nice Distraction

terrynaut's picture

This was a nice distraction from my headache. Ugh. Can't concentrate very well but I enjoyed this chapter.

Wasn't the plasma TV destroyed earlier? I think it was and I'm guessing that Little Vickie used magic to fix it. Nice.

Tell is scaring me. Isn't her onset of powers rather sudden? I'm sorry but I don't get it. Were there clues before? Is she possessed? What? Oh well. I'm still enjoying the story.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

From what I remember

Yes, the plazma TV was destroyed, by none other than Pat himself. It is now fixed... somehow.
Yes, Little Tell was never supposed to have lilim powers, it was claimed she would devour all of Creation or something if she had been claimed by Lilith. However it is now not the case... apparently. And it was told that Lilith only had twenty days at all to claim someone.
Chris? He's the usual charming (NOT!) self.

Ookay. One possible, not probable, but possible explanation is that after being healed Little Tell sorta got a new life, and the twenty-day period for Lilith started anew. She decided to use it, this time. However, it is very interesting that Illy-Lyri knows so much. She claimed she 'sees things' Ilyse has no idea of. It's a pity though Pat can't get any explanation from anyone - well Sue was a bit helpful, but... It's just very hard, to have so many secrets, mysteries, unspoken answers, unknown agendas swirling around and having NOT A SINGLE EXPLANATION TO HELP PUT THEM IN A COHERENT CONTEXT!.. Sorry.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Yeapz

shiinaai's picture

You guys got it right, the plasma TV was indeed destroyed in the previous chapters. All I can say about how it's suddenly whole again now, is that it will be explained the same time I write about Little Vicky. Which is not going to be now, but likely soon.

As for Tell devouring all Creation, okay... you're exaggerating that part. Dinah only said that she has the most treacherous blood and will be the biggest traitor of their entire bloodline. That wasn't exactly what she said but... uhh... I may need to reread my own work sometime.

Some, but not all will be explained in the last two chapters, so if you're confused now, don't worry, salvation in the form of sharp fangs, draconic wings, many horns and enticing tails await in the last two chapters.

As for not putting things in context, I aim to confuse. Hohoho.

Tell

shiinaai's picture

Sudden? Yes, definitely.

Were there clues? Well, yes, in a manner of speaking. But that wasn't in this book. It's in the previous book.

Possessed? Maybe by her blood. ^_^

Thanks for reading despite having a headache. Hope you get well soon.

Don't Worry

You're totally not predictable except in your unpredictability.

Predictability

shiinaai's picture

Thank you, though being predictable to be unpredictable kind of confuses me.

half lilin chapter 11

looking forward to the next part.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna