The Half-Lilin: Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

"Honey, what's wrong?" he asked as I felt the doorknob turn.

I panicked and yelled at the closed door, "YOU STAY THERE AND DON"T COME OUT! I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU OPEN THE DOOR!"

Just then, I felt the doorknob being turned again from the other side, "I MEAN IT!"

"OK, OK. I'll wait. Wrong day of the month?" he asked from the other side of the door.

I woke up the moment the piercing morning sunlight hit my eyes. I rolled around, facing Chris. Snuggling up against his body, I recalled last night's wonderful romp. After we made love last night, we got to talking a little bit about our future, and of course that included marriage. He was all for getting married and to move somewhere far away where people wouldn't recognize us. The big lug actually thought that we should move to Argentina. Sheesh!

I shot the idea down immediately. I pointed out to him about Little Tell and how I couldn't just leave her alone now that I was the only family she had left. He then asked me how I was going to tell Tell that she now has a sister instead of brother. I was stumped, really. I thought maybe I would be able to think better after a good sleep. He actually had the cheek to tell me that he'd rather have my head at a rather specific place. He didn't mean the pillow. Yup, you guessed it. We had three more of those fun-filled moments after that. With me not needing to feed on him anymore, it was really a revelation to discover the maximum amount of times he could use his deadly weapon.

Thinking of Tell though, I got up and walked to the connecting bathroom. Chris stirred and for awhile there, I thought he was intent on not letting me leave his side, judging by the strength of his grasp on my wrist. I had to peel off his fingers one by one. My, he really didn't want to let me go, even in his sleep. I kind of wondered what dream he was having.

Well anyway, I was turning the tap to wash my face when I felt an extreme wrongness in my anatomy. I looked down and was shocked to discover that I no longer have my breasts. I touched my chest and confirmed that it really was flat. I splashed handfuls of water at my face, thinking that maybe I was just having a bad dream and that I didn't really lose my gorgeous, firm breasts overnight. After several splashes of water, I looked down and was dismayed to see that nothing changed. Then I thought of something and hesitantly reached my hand far down. My suspicions confirmed. I'm a man now! WTF?

"Calm down, Ilyse. There must be a very good explanation for this," I said to myself. I took a few minutes to calm down.

Just as my heartrate fell to normal levels and I could breath normally again, Chris said, "Morning, hon."

I turned around at his voice and without even looking at me (his eyes were half closed), he slid next to me and turned the tap. I was horrified, to say the least. I quickly ran out of the bathroom, closed the door and held the doorknob tightly.

"Honey, what's wrong?" he asked as I felt the doorknob turn.

I panicked and yelled at the closed door, "YOU STAY THERE AND DON"T COME OUT! I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU OPEN THE DOOR!"

Just then, I felt the doorknob being turned again from the other side, "I MEAN IT!"

"OK, OK. I'll wait. Wrong day of the month?" he asked from the other side of the door.

I quickly rummaged around in his closet for something to wear. Why does he has to be so big? Everything I tried on felt very loose.

"Just then the door opened slightly and in a panic, I grabbed the nearest item in my reach, which turned out to be a bedside table lamp, pulled the chord in one swift move and threw it at the opening door. The table lamp shattered upon impact and Chris quickly closed it back with a loud, "Shit!"

I turned back around to the closet and managed to find something slightly smaller at the back of the closet. It was a greenish t-shirt with the words 'Cars Are For Wimps' and black pants that had to be used with a belt. With my attire taken care of, I fled from the house through the front door, locking the door before closing it. It appeared I forgot to tell Chris to lock the door last night.

I just kept on running. I didn't even care where I was heading, just as long as I could put as much distance between myself and Chris. As I ran, I kept asking myself what happened. My mind started rationalizing that maybe all those things about being a Lili, Yenne Velt, meeting Stephanie Mills and the duel with Dinah was nothing more than a halucination or a dream, caused by not taking my pills. I wondered if maybe I was slightly gay in truth. By noon, I had ran for miles and my legs kept on running. When my legs stop though, I was freaked out at my surrounding.

I was in a cemetery! Not just any cemetery, but a fairly old one. With mausoleums and all.

"Greetings!" said an elderly voice behind me.

I turned around and said, "Hello, are you the groundskeeper? I'm sorry, can you tell me where I am at the moment?"

He rubbed his beard and said, "Why, you're in a cemetery, where else? Can't you see all the tombstones?"

"Okay..." I paused for a bit before saying, "where exactly is this cemetery?"

"It is on God's green Earth, that's where," he answered. I was starting to think that maybe this old man is a bit cuckoo.

Still trying to be polite, I said in a calm voice, "Okay, are we still in South Pasadena?"

"Names and titles worth little before God," he said instead.

By now I was about ready to lose my patience. So instead of blowing up at this ancient, probably senile man, I chose the better part of valor by leaving instead.

"Well, thanks anyway," I said as I took a step back.

I realized something was wrong the moment I tried to raise one of my foot. I looked down and found that the sports shoes that I wore (borrowed from Chris of course) had already sunk into the dark earth. I tried to pull my feet up but it wouldn't budge.

"Mister, please help me. Something's wrong, I can't get free." I said as I extended a hand his way.

The old man instead simply stood there rubbing his beard, his facial expression suggesting that nothing appeared wrong.

"Help me, please!" I said as tree roots starting wrapping itself around my ankles and pulling even faster into the earth. It wasn't long before I sunk to my knees and more roots wrapped themselves around my lower legs to pull me down.

Then the old man spoke, "This is a holy ground. Your kind is not welcomed here. Looks like instead of allowing you to walk freely, the earth decided to swallow you up and seal you in its embrace itself." He started laughing at his own private joke. It wasn't funny even a bit and I wasn't laughing.

Then I recognized the telling features of the sealing spell. It was a Seal of Heaven and Earth, that seals a creature indefinitely under the earth which was blessed by the light of Heaven. This sealing technique is particularly dangerous as continuous exposure to holy light of Heaven can weaken and eventually kill a Lili. With that realization, I grit my teeth and said defiantly, "Damn you, old man. You will not seal me this easily."

As I felt my power start to flow, I started muttering some curses and chanting some spells. One in particular was called Corruption Field, taught by Aunt Agrat to counter mass attacks from all sides. In theory, the spell would make any attackers choke in the darkness of their own heart.I don't know what exactly it can accomplish here, but it's the only thing I can think of. Already I can feel the tree roots around my legs writhe violently as the spell defiled their life force.

The old man looked worried, "Hey, what are you doing? This is a holy cemetery."

I grinned at the old man, playing a confidence that I didn't actually have. "You may have not heard yet, old man, but you're looking at the new Queen of Tartarus. Now, what do you think the Queen of Tartarus can do? In a cemetery?" He didn't appear pale, but I could tell that the realization shook him up.

"You wouldn't dare," he said in response.

"Wouldn't I? You know, by rights alone, this is my domain. If the earth itself wants to swallow me, Then I'd rather go with a boom! I wonder what will happen once I corrupt a holy cemetery. Would be fun, don't you think? I personally think it will be a blast."

I paused and looked at him for a response. His previous confidence had wittered and he was looking more unsure of himself. "Imagine all those rotting corpses breaking out of their coffins and digging their way out through the dirt. Maybe I'll grant them a special power, like the ability to infect a living person. Then we'll have a real life T-Virus outbreak. Imagine that, zombies running amok in the city. A Resident Evil nightmare come true." I punctuated it with an evil laugh.

He looked visibly shaken and uncertain. "Blasted harlot, don't think you can get away with this."

Soon after, I felt the tugging on my legs lessen and I could finally pull myself out of the ground. The old man appeared uncertain of himself and seemed to wonder if he made the right decision in letting me go.

In response, I cancelled my curses and pulled back the corruption which by now had spread a few feet away back into myself. I planted my thoughts into the soil and checked if anything was harmed. Apart from some mutated roots and earthworms, which should heal on its own in a few days, the corruption hadn't had time to spread far. It was almost close enough to touch one of the corpses though. I wonder if I really have the power to raise a corpse as an undead.

The old man seemed glad that I cancelled the corruption. "Don't think you've won, demon. When I return, you'll wish you were already sealed."

As his body slowly turned invisible, I said, "Sure, you uptight grunt. Come and get me."

He left and I suddenly stood there alone. Well, that was fun. At least I know I'm not gay. Now just what am I going to do with the rest of my life?

-----

Now it ends. Sorry, thought of releasing this next week, but I just can't bring myself to keep it hidden for so long. This is the true ending. Though if readers wants to consider chapter 19 as their preferred ending, that's OK. The next expansions will follow this true ending though.

Again, thanks to Stanman for all his help.

Watch out for the next one in the series entitled, The Half-Lilin: By the Light of the Moon.

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well it explains a little things.

Apparently, a Queen is royalty anywhere, whatever they may say. And merely having the telltale features of a Lili sealed is not enough to prevent it.

Old man... Maybe it's that Collar dude, Raphael? Nevertheless, he came off as a jerkass.

And I still didn't get it - after she reassumed male form, did Ilyse change back during the sealing?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

The Half-Lilin: Epilogue

I've the idea that the change is because of the need for her to be a boy for her/his sister. Notice how much she actually enjoyed being a girl?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hmmm...

Gosh!!! I noticed how much she enjoyed being a girl. Golly!

Mea the Magnificent

Bridge Between Books

terrynaut's picture

I don't know about this epilogue as being an ending for the story. I thought that chapter 19 made a much better ending.

I agree that the apparent gender changes were confusing here. That's part of why I like chapter 19 better. But the main reason why I like chapter 19 better as an ending was seeing Ilyse and Chris get together. That tied up a major plot element.

With the action and odd mystery of the gender change in this epilogue, I'd think it could be rewritten a little and make an beginning of the next story.

Thanks though. I'll keep reading. I still want to see more of this story.

- Terry

Well, huh

Short, but I like this better than before. It adds an interesting and abrupt end.

And more plans?

Excellent story

Read it in 2 sittings. (Hey I had to get some sleep.) It took a little time to get going, but then it kept on getting better

Love that you enjoyed it

shiinaai's picture

I kinda thought people have forgotten about this one :P If you want, you can read 'By the Light of the Moon', the sequel to this one. I'm planning to make another sequel titled 'Heroes and Angels'.

Keep supporting me!