Iron Girl Part 03

Printer-friendly version

Tony Stark. Industrialist. Inventor. Philanthropist. Multi-billionaire. He is interested where the energy that Metahumans get there powers comes from, little does he know that soon he will have more experience with that power than he ever wanted.

Tony Stark, Wolfsbane and other characters belong to the real owners, the Comic Retcon was Lilith's idea. Thanks for letting us play.


Randall's wedding had been a rousing success, and Tony had been honored to give away the bride. It was a rather small affair, just family, close friends and associates. The one surprising attendee was Col. Rhodes, Tony insisted on inviting him.

The reception was being held at one of the country clubs that Tony was a member of, there were times when being wealthy was useful. The reception was going well, when a group of armed thugs busted in. Several of them moved to each side of the hall, and one headed out onto the dance floor where Tony was dancing with June's mom Judy.

People were screaming, and the thugs were yelling. Suddenly the one near Tony raised his gun and threatened June's mother. There was a bright flash of light and then all the lights went out. The emergency lights kicked on and went out a moment later. There was a loud scream from the dance floor, and now there was a slight glow coming from there.

Randall stood up when the thugs broke in, and growled. June pulled him down, and told him not to do anything stupid. When the lights went out, he kissed her and said, "Now I can."

He discarded his tux, and changed into Wolfsbane before moving out. The glow coming from the dance floor gave her enough light to see by, but she doubted that anyone else could see much, if anything. She saw her first target, he had backed against a wall and appeared to be trying to peer into the darkness. He was yelling at his comrades, but that just lost in the screaming. She quickly walked up to him, and simultaneously grabbed the barrel of the rifle, shoved it at the ceiling and slammed the back of her other hand across his neck, crushing his esophagus and spine. One down and six to go. The next three went down just as quickly. By the time she got to the fifth guy, she saw that Col. Rhodes was approaching from the other side and would get there first.

She continued closing hoping to get there before anything happened to Rhodey. Her worries were unfounded as she watched him strike the thug three times dropping him to the ground. A moment later she got close to him and she yelled, "Check fire Rhodey," hoping that that would keep him from attacking her.

It worked to some extent, he stopped and dropped into a defensive stance. She paused out of range, "I've taken out four."

Rhodey tried to see who was there, only a few people here knew him well enough to use that nickname, and he didn't recognize the voice. "I've gotten two of them. That leaves the one by Tony. Who are you?"

"Call me Wolfsbane," she replied. "I can't see much on the dance floor from here." She heard him suck in his breath at what she said.

"What are you doing here? And how can you see anything, I can't even really see you other than a dark shape."

"Just visiting and good night vision. Can you follow me?"

"Yes, lead on," he said as he picked up the rifle.

Wolfsbane sighed, and hoped he knew what he was doing with the gun. As she turned to lead the way she felt her tail hit something, and then someone grab it. "Leave the tail alone," she growled.

"Sorry Ma'am, it surprised me," Rhodey replied.

"Not as much as it surprised me the first time." Wolfsbane led them towards the dance floor. As they got closer, she could see that only a couple of people were standing and none of them were holding a rifle. When they reached the dance floor, she could see three people laying alone in an area of about ten feet across. One was Judy, she looked to be unconscious, her chest was rising and falling slowly. The second body was smoking slightly and not dressed for the reception.

The last body puzzled her, a young girl lay there naked, glowing and sparking. That explained why no one was approaching, but who was this. Rhodey stepped up next to her, and asked the obvious question, "Who is that?"

"I have no idea at the moment, but I don't see Tony anywhere. We need to establish some order here, though."

"Quiet," Rhodey yelled and people nearby quieted down, but those farther away didn't.

Wolfsbane peered out into the darkness, it was much harder to see out there now that she was close to the light source, and leaned back and let out a loud howl. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and became quiet.

"Go ahead Rhodey, you'll be easier to understand."

Col. Rhodes cleared his throat, "I need everyone to calm down, whomever came in here with the guns have been disabled and there is no more threat." He paused and whispered, "Can you go check outside?"

Wolfsbane nodded, and Col. Rhodes continued. "I need someone with medical training here on the dance floor and anyone with some light."

Several doctors and nurses came forward to see what was needed. They quickly established that Judy had just fainted and quickly brought her around.

People started pulling out cell phones, but all of them were dead, with the exception of Col. Rhodes. He pulled out his military issue phone and found that it was working. He called 911 and explained the situation. When Wolfsbane returned he told her. She told him that the whole building appeared to be dark, and that she hadn't seen any other thugs.

They stood there and watched the doctors as the general noise level rose. Col. Rhodes again yelled for the people to quiet down, and that the police were on their way. They were joined by Wolfsbane's Aunt, Uncle and parents, as June and Jeri checked on Judy.

Two things happened almost simultaneously. First a doctor said, "I can't examine her." Pointing at the girl. "Every time I get close, I get a pretty strong shock."

Second; June stepped over, "My mom says that that is Tony." Also pointing at the girl.

Wolfsbane, Col. Rhodes, and the doctor all turned to her and said, "What?"

June looked at them, "My mom said she was dancing with Tony, when the man with gun showed up. He grabbed Tony and there was a flash. The man screamed and started smoking, while Tony's tux burst into flames and he started shrinking. She felt a shock and that was the last she remembered."

Wolfsbane looked back at the girl, and noticed that the fur on her arms was standing up. She wasn't entirely sure but she didn’t think it had been even when she was closer earlier. A moments decision was all it took, "Rhodey can you handle the police when they get here?"

At his nod, Wolfsbane began to yell out orders. "Peter, Doug I need you to come with me. June can you come too?"

June glanced back her mom, and then nodded. Wolfsbane continued, "I need the floor mat from the entrance. We're going to take her to the lab. It's the only place I can think of to deal with the electricity. Doctor if you would join us."

The looked at her, and said, "Yes, she needs medical treatment."

As a couple of people dragged the floor mat over, Wolfsbane went to his family and said to his Uncle, "Umm, Rusty can you explain everything? Sorry about dropping this on you, but I have to go."

Rusty Sinclair looked at her and said "Yes. Good luck."

As she walked away, she heard her parents start to ask what that was about.

She walked over to where the mat had placed next to the girl and stepped onto the mat. After a pause she squatted down and moved the girl onto the mat. She stifled a scream at the first shock and gritted her teeth against the pain.

With the girl on the mat, Wolfsbane jumped off and collapsed on the ground. June quickly came over and asked if she was OK.

Wolfsbane shook her head and looked at her hands, both had electrical burns on them, "Not really, but I will be. Can someone help me pick her up? And we need a truck."

Several people carefully rolled up the mat covering the girl and then helping Wolfsane pick her up. As they made their way out, Wolfsbane noticed that their group had grown by one, Jeri was carrying her tux. Doug and June got into the front of the borrowed truck, and the rest got into Peter's car.

*****


up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sorry

Sorry about the delay, but between the death of my laptop and a convention, it was a busy week or two...

Cooool

Dont worry about taking time on these, you are doing a GREAT job here, Keep it up eh!

I agree

these chapters are worth the wait. That said, I am very interested as to exactly what Tony (Toni?) can actually do, and what the armor has to do with it.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Iron Girl Part 03

Like the new version of Toni. Will Rhodie become Rhonda and War Machine?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Progress!

terrynaut's picture

We've got good progress here. I like the effect of Tony's body. The sparking is cool and rolling her in the mat is a very good idea.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

I'm suspecting that the

I'm suspecting that the armour in this version is going to be like Jack of Heart's armour. It's a containment suit, more than anything else.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Interesting take on the character

I can relate to the dead computer thing.
I can't wait to see where this goes.

Cindilee

Peace!
Cindilee