Iron Girl Part 06

Printer-friendly version
Tony Stark. Industrialist. Inventor. Philanthropist. Multi-billionaire. He is interested where the energy that Metahumans get there powers comes from, little does he know that soon he will have more experience with that power than he ever wanted.

Tony Stark, Wolfsbane and other characters belong to the real owners, the Comic Retcon was Lilith's idea. Thanks for letting us play.


After the Detective left, people began to trickle in to work. Tony wasn't upset it was a Sunday after all. She just smiled and thanked them for coming in. When they came in to take measurements for the suit, the technician stared at Tony's and blushed. He stammered out something about not being able to take the measurements.

Tony sighed, and asked June or Jeri to come over.

Jeri came over and looked at her, "Whatcha need cutie?"

Tony glared at her, "Don't call me that. I need someone to take my measurements. He doesn't seem capable of it at the moment."

Jeri looked over at the blushing man and smiled, "I can understand his discomfort. You are his boss, and he doesn't want to touch you wrong."

The man nodded and handed Jeri the measuring tape, "Uh, waist?"

Jeri looked at him, and asked, "How accurate do you need?"

He blinked a couple times, then thought. "The nearest centimeter should be close enough."

"OK, you tell me what to measure, and I'll call out the numbers."

A little while later he mumbled thanks and ran off.

"So what exactly is it that he is going to make?"

Tony pointed over at the suit hanging near the wall, "One of those in my size."

Jeri walked over and examined the suit, she tried to lift it, but it was quite heavy. She looked back at Tony, "It's heavy, how are you going to carry all that weight?"

Tony smiled, "It augments the strength of the wearer, so I won't really notice it."

"How does it work?"

Tony stared at her for a minute, "The quick and dirty answer?" When Jeri nodded, Tony continued, "It's three layers, the inner layer is made up of sensors, the middle layer is teeny-tiny micro-processors, and the outer layer is the alloy that does all the work."

"Aren't you worried I'll tell someone how to make one?"

Tony laughed, "Robert Heinlein described that much 50 years ago."

Jeri kept looking at it, eventually moving the legs, at that point she turned back and with a wicked look said, "Ooooh crotchless."

Tony giggled, "Would you like to know why?"

Jeri walked over, "Sure."

"Well after we made the first version, we tested it on a clay form, to see how it would act. Clay came shooting out every where just like toothpaste. It took several adjustments and tries before we got it so that the suit didn't seem to be doing any damage."

Jeri nodded and started to get a far away sort of look.

"Before I would let anyone wear it, I wanted to be sure that no one would be hurt. I had people examine every square inch of the suit. Finally someone noticed that there were marks in the crotch, and then she realized that the clay model was lacking a physical attribute."

Jeri got interested a bit more, and asked, "Your model was sexless?"

Tony nodded, "We added a, well some non-anatomically correct clay stand-ins and turned on the power."

"So what happened?"

Before Tony could answer, another voice said, "Let's just say that my wife would have beaten Tony to death had that problem not been fixed before I wore it."

Tony spun around and grabbed Rhodey in a bear hug, "Rhodey!" Before catching herself and stepping back.

Rhodey got a strange look in his eye before holding out his hand. "Has he, er she been doing much of that?"

Jeri laughed, "A little bit, she giggles some, and earlier she was sitting on table just swinging her legs back and forth. So what did happen to that model?"

Tony grabbed Rhodey’s hand to shake it, "Everything was smashed flat and pressed into the rest of the clay. We tried for weeks to fix it, before just removing the crotch."

Rhodey shook Tony’s hand, before pulling her back into another hug. "It’s OK you can hug me."

Jeri lunged over, "Hugs all around."

Once Jeri had released them, Rhodey asked, "So how are you doing really?"

Tony hopped back up on the table, "Really? Physically it's great. Nothing hurts anymore, everything looks clean and crisp. I have all this pent up energy, not the electricity, but I want to run around and do things. Mentally, I mostly still seem to be me. My mind is still working on all those projects in my head. Emotionally, I have no idea. I imagine that I will crash at some point, but I don't know when or how."

Jeri leaned over and gave her another hug, and whispered just loud enough for Col. Rhodes to hear, "What about sexually?"

Tony blushed. "Sexually?"

"Sure sexually." Jeri looked around, there was a fairly wide variety of adults of both sexes in the room. "Look around the room and tell me what you think of the various people."

"Um, OK." Tony spent the next few minutes looking around at everyone.

"So does anyone here turn you on?"

"It's really weird. You for example. I can see that you are a very attractive woman, and to be honest I would have bedded you in a heartbeat before today. Now I don't know, you are still very attractive, but I don't know if I would want to take you to bed."

Jeri smiled, "That's OK, you are a bit too young for me anyway. Call me in about five years though."

Tony then looked up at Col Rhodes, "Rhodey on the other hand looks different than he did, and I don't think it's just that my vision has cleared up. But if I try to think about taking him to bed it seems wrong some how."

Rhodey blushed this time, "Uhh, that's good, er interesting. Anyway you are way too young for me, and my wife would probably beat me to death. So what was with the discussion about the suit? I thought that you were keeping it secret."

"I am having one made for me. It was Randall's idea, to deal with the electricity." She waved at the connection.

"Is that a good idea?"

Tony sighed, "It's either that or I stay here powering San Jose until I die."

"You can't control it at all?"

Tony shook her head, "Other than feeling better than I have in years, I can't feel anything different."

"So what are you going to do about the suits strength enhancement?"

"What do you mean, Rhodey?"

Col Rhodes sighed, "Tony I could punch my way through a brick wall with one punch. Unless you are going to be wearing the full suit, the first time you stomp your foot or punch something you will have mush left, if that."

Tony's jaw dropped, "Doug, Randall get over here!'

Doug, Randall, and several others came running over. "What's the problem?"

"Rhodey explain the problem, you have the most experience with it."

Rhodey led them away, and most of the others left when they realized that they weren't needed. Jeri and June stayed and gave each other a knowing glance.

"Tony," June started, "we are going to give you some girl lessons."

"Huh, what kind of girl lessons?"

Jeri smiled, "Nothing drastic, but some basic things that you probably know already, but didn't realize. Things like how to sit without giving everyone a show. How to sit while wearing a dress. The things that little girls learn growing up."

June continued, "Once you're free of those cables, we or at least I will give you more, like hygiene, makeup and more advanced lessons."

Tony was about to deny needing them, but looked at their determined faces, "OK, where do we start?"

Tony's day got busy after that, June and Jeri began his girl instructions, which only took a break when both Tony's doctor and Doctor Jones appeared along small truck's worth of medical equipment.

The two doctors gave Tony a thorough physical examination, and both suggested that as soon as she was able, to go see an OB-GYN. June suggested hers and offered to take her as soon as possible.

June and Jeri were drilling Tony on the proper way of sitting, when she noticed a commotion at the door to the lab. She looked over and saw Pepper Potts coming through the door. In a slight panic she looked for a place to hide.

Pepper walked through the door to what she had always thought was Tony's holiest of holies, Lab 4 was always the lab that Tony used for his most secret projects. What she saw surprised her, she looked around and there was a large number of people doing things in the room, very few of which she recognized. Admittedly she no longer knew his employees the way she had when she was his executive assistant, but she saw her son, and a couple of people she remembered meeting once or twice, and the newlywed couple. That left a half dozen or so people that she had never met.

She walked over to her son, who jumped up when he saw her, knocking over the chair he had been sitting on. "Mother," he called out.

"Peter, what's going on here? And where is Tony?"

Peter gave his mother a hug, and pointed over to where Tony was sitting. "Right over there."

Pepper looked where he was pointing and saw two women and a young girl. The girl looked scared, and had some cables attached to her wrist and ankle. "Over where?"

Peter sighed, "Follow me." He started walking over to the three he had pointed at. "You've heard about the meta-humans?"

"Yes, we along with Miss Queen and a few others have set up an assistance program for those willing to ask for help. Not many have come to ask for help though."

"Well, Tony apparently had an inactive metagene."

"Had?" Pepper asked.

"Yes had. Last night at the wedding reception a group of well armed criminals attacked the wedding reception. One threatened Tony and that triggered the gene. Tony is now that young girl." Peter said pointing at Tony.

Pepper stifled a laugh and looked at her son. He didn't often tell jokes or pull practical jokes, but when he did they were usually very elaborate and along the lines of something like this. Peter's face was not what she expected though, she could see worry in it, instead of the usual stoic lines. Pepper turned and walked towards where Tony was repeatedly standing and sitting, Peter paused then returned to the desk he was using, setting up a major press conference in less than 24 hours, and on a Sunday wasn't the easiest thing to do.

Pepper walked up to the trio, and looked at them, she hesitated a moment then said, "Miss, pardon me, Mrs. Sinclair, Miss, can I borrow Tony for a while?"

Tony jumped up and yelled "Pepper," in what was a very girly scream. Everyone in the room turned and looked, before pointedly returning to what they were doing. June and Jeri, who stifled a chuckle, being the exceptions.

"Certainly Mrs. Potts. This is my friend Jeri Phelps. Its nice to finally meet you. We'll be over by Doug if you need anything Tony."

Once June and Jeri got out of easy earshot Jeri began whispering, "She is so hot, I would do her in a moment."

June almost stumbled, "Jeri she is probably old enough to be your grandmother."

Jeri glanced back, "Even so I would still do her."

June rolled her eyes, "Jeri you would do anything female."

"Almost, but you would do her too."

June smiled, Yeah, but you should see the picture of her in Tony's office. Actually, Doug can we do some web surfing on this computer?"

Doug looked up surprised, he hadn't noticed anyone nearby, then looked at the PC sitting on the other end of the table. He thought for a moment then said sure.

While June and Jeri began looking for old pictures of Pepper, the real Pepper was talking to Tony.

"My son said you are Tony Stark, pardon me for being a bit skeptical," Pepper said to the young girl.

Tony sighed, "No one believes me, I am doomed." She smiled, and he asked "How about if I tell you something no one else knows?"

"I'm not sure what that would be, but go ahead."

"July 23, 1973 at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York. You were wearing a red negligee and I was wearing a smile. Which you promptly slapped off my face," Tony ended frowning. "You are the only woman I wanted, really wanted, that I never had."

Pepper blushed slightly, and then sat down and began talking to Tony. The two of them were being studiously ignored by the rest of the room. Even after Tony collapsed sobbing in Pepper's arms.

*****

Agent Leonard Brown of the DEO walked into the office suite he shared with a couple of others. No one else was in yet, which was the way Leonard liked it. He was always first in and he used that to feed his superiority complex. He flipped on the lights before setting his Iced Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha on his desk.

He sat down and turned on his PC, taking a sip of his drink while he waited for it boot up. When he logged in and it asked for his password, he typed in Dynamo#1. It wasn't the best password, but it was going to be his superhero name, until after volunteering he found out that he didn't have the metagene. He still resented that, American Dream was out saving the world and he was sitting behind a desk.

Finally after several more sips of his drink his PC finished all of the security protocols and connected up with the main DEO servers. He was going through his mail, when the phone rang. He jumped slightly at the noise, the rarely rang, it rang a second time before he remembered he was the only there and had to answer it. "DEO, Agent Brown speaking how may I help you?"

"Agent Brown, this is Detective Charles Swenson of the San Jose Police Department. I understand that we are supposed to report new metahumans to your Department."

"Yes you are. You know of a new metahuman?"

"Yes I found out very early Sunday morning..."

"And you waited until now to inform us?"

"No, this is my fourth call to your office, this is the first time I got to speak to a person."

"Oh, our office isn't actually staffed on the weekends. Never mind that though. This new metahuman, what information do you have?"

"His, er her name is ah, Anthony Edward Stark, S. T. A. R. K."

"Anthony Edward Stark. Stark! The old rich bas.., guy?"

"Yes except that the old rich gentleman is now a thirteen or fourteen year old girl."

Leonard could feel his blood pressure rising, it wasn't fair. Tony Stark who had just about everything he could want is now young and a metahuman. He took a deep breath and let it out before speaking again. "OK, Detective Swenson, let's start over. You said that Tony Stark is now a metahuman? Alright I will need some more information. His address?"

Agent Brown spent the next twenty minutes getting all of the information from Detective Swenson that he could. Then he began thinking, plotting really. He was alone, and didn't expect anyone else in for at least another half hour. A few minutes later he began pulling up all the forms he would need to establish a new identity for Ms. Stark, one of his own choosing.

He turned on CNN to provide some background noise while he worked. As he entered then information, a story caught his ear. The anchor was announcing that someone from Stark Industries had called a press conference for One PM that afternoon and that there were rumors about something that had happened at a wedding reception the previous Saturday night.

He glanced at the clock, and realized that he was now under a time deadline. He had to get everything set up before that press conference so he could control what happened. Fortunately most of the process was automated; with a new name and date of birth, a new birth certificate came from one printer; some more information and school records from a second; medical records came out; all the records that a growing child needed. Leonard was lucky, because of the age, there were no photo IDs needed.

All of the official paperwork was done, that was the easy part, now he was trying to write two short speeches. One for Stark's executive assistant, and one for Stark herself. Stark had been on TV enough that Leonard knew he was always introduced by his assistant, even the old footage when he was introduced by Pepper Potts. He barely acknowledged his coworkers as they came in, but that was normal. Leonard wasn't the most sociable person to begin with and he hadn't improved after finding out he wasn't a metahuman.

As he sat there typing he could barely make out what his coworkers were saying, something about football and the '49ers and Raiders chances this year. Normally he would have commented, he did like football, but he was on a deadline. Their conversation changed, and he heard his name mentioned, along with the hope he was typing his resignation. He scowled at that, but he was almost finished now.

Finished with the speeches, Leonard printed them out, nice and easy to read. He thought about what he had written and was sure that Stark wouldn't be happy, but that was too bad he was the US Government, and no one could stop him. A quick search gave him the location of the press conference and GPS would get him there on time.

*****

Tony glared at June and Jeri, she wasn't real happy with the outfit she was wearing. Jeri noticed the glare, "What?"

"This is not what I would normally wear."

June chuckled, "True, but you would look odd in suit right now. Anyway, once this is done we will go shopping, if we can avoid the press and you can choose your own clothes."

Tony looked down at the yellow dress, white tights and black shoes. The only thing that it did do was cover the golden body suit she was wearing. She was still getting used to it, it was constantly moving and occasionally pinched something sensitive. Fortunately the motion, although at a very small scale, helped dissipate any heat generated, although she imagined that she had an incredible heat signature. "How long until the press conference?"

June glanced at her watch, "About fifteen minutes."

Tony glanced up at the security monitor, it was currently showing the room full of reporters and cameramen. Tony looked them over, and recognized most of them. Two of the still photographers looked out of place. Neither looked old enough to be accredited reporters. She pointed them out to June, "Who are they?"

June looked at the monitor, "I'm not sure, why do you think they are cute?"

"The one with brown hair... I just want to know, they don't look much older than me."

June picked up the press list and looked back to see where they were standing, the two of them appeared to glaring at each other. "They are from two New York Papers, James..." she was interrupted by the door opening loudly.

She looked at the door and saw Peter approaching with a look on his face that actually frightened her for a moment. He was with someone she didn't know wearing a black suit that screamed 'Fed.'

"Tony," Peter called out.

Tony turned, and after a moment let out a whispered curse. She too recognized the 'Fed.'

Seeing that he had her attention, "This is Agent Brown of the DEO."

"Hello, Miss Stark I presume," Agent Brown said as they walked up.

Tony turned to Jeri, "Jeri could you do me a favor and go get the lust of your life?"

Jeri stopped and shook her head, before saying, "OK Hun, I'll be right back." She gave Tony a quick hug, before heading out.

Agent Brown looked like he wanted to stop her, but seemed unsure about doing it.

Tony turned back to him, "How can I help you?"

"I don't know if you are aware of it, but the Government has a program set up to help people like you." After Tony had nodded, he continued. "I'm here to help you with that. I have new identification, birth certificate, school records, is Straight A's OK?"

Tony began looking over the paperwork she had been handed. "Chelsea Amy Buchanan? What kind of a name is that? And I'm eleven?"

Perspiration began to bead on Agent Brown's forehead. "I'm sorry, but the computer spits out a random name. Normally it would give you the same last name, but you are an only child and unmarried. You'll note that Anthony Stark is listed as your father though. You are um, your own illegitimate daughter."

Tony's face became red, as she listened to the Agent, "And my age?"

"Uh, that is what I was I told. Sorry, but there isn't much I can do about that. Here, I uh, wrote you and Mr. Potts speeches to explain what happened." He handed the two of them their speeches. "Just stick to the speech."

Peter looked at the first page, and realized that he had to go out to start the press conference. He walked out into the conference room. As he got up to the lectern and started, the door into the room they had been waiting in opened.

Tony could hear Peter start his speech. "I have a tragic announcement..."

Tony looked at the door and saw Jeri and Wolvesbane walk in. Agent Brown's jaw dropped and he began clawing for a gun that wasn't there.

Tony smiled, "Be a dear, and don't let him interfere."

Wolvesbane smiled, "No problem cutie."

As Tony walked out into the conference room, Jeri called out, "Knock 'em dead."

"Peter," Tony interrupted. Peter stopped reading the speech and looked over.

"Yes, aren't you early?"

"I'll take it from here."

Peter stepped away from the lectern, and pulled out a step. Tony stepped up and onto the step. "I'm sure you are all wondering exactly what is going on. Before I clear everything up, I have a little background information to discuss."

Tony smiled as she paused listening to the murmuring and clicking of cameras. She looked over the reporters, took a deep breath and began.

"Good afternoon. A little over a year ago, a young woman in a glowing green costume appeared and gave a press conference about the coming of the metahumans. Shortly after that Terra appeared in Houston, and was followed by others all across the US and around the world. Some have been very public about their activities others likely very private."

Wolfsbane stood in the anteroom, watching Agent Brown closely as Tony continued her speech. It was a bit scary, and she was getting worried that he would have a stroke or heart attack, his face was already turning purple.

As they watched, the outer door opened, and in walked a lady in Marine Corps duty fatigues, she took about three steps before stopping and dropping into a combat stance. She was followed by Col. Rhodes, who nearly ran her down before side stepping around her and walking over to June and Jeri giving them both a hug. Before Col. Rhodes could finish his hugs, she had relaxed, although she was keeping a wary eye on Wolfsbane.

Agent Brown took a moment to notice whom had walked into the room, before realizing that perhaps he had someone that could help him, "You soldiers, arrest this thing."

The lady looked at Agent Brown with contempt, before looking glancing back to Col. Rhodes. Col. Rhodes snorted, "We aren't 'soldiers' and US law prevents us from performing police functions. Besides which, you have no authority to give either of us orders. You might want to calm down a bit though, you don't look so good." Then he said to June, "How's Tony doing?"

"She's doing just fine, although the reporters look a bit dumbstruck. I doubt they have many press conferences with teenage girls that they have no idea who she is."

The group turned back to listen to the rest of Tony's speech.

"Last Saturday two employees of Stark Industries were married, amongst those attending was Anthony Edward Stark, he was acting as father of the bride. At the reception a group of thugs attacked the reception, several moved out to cover the crowd and the last approached Mr. Stark where he was dancing with the bride's mother. Unknown to all present, Mr. Stark carried a latent version of the Metagene, when the gunman threatened them, the gene was triggered.

"You might wonder why I am making this announcement. Well it turns out that I am Toni Stark, although I think that I will spell it with an 'I' now."


up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That idiot...

With Tony's history of big ego not playing ball with people trying to stand over him, that Agent really did have rocks in his head trying to push that one on him. Nice story!

Well Agent Brown is bitter,

Well Agent Brown is bitter, and has been looking for 'revenge.' He figured he could get Toni, and he forgot that Toni has a lifetime of experience, money and power. He still has more to do in the story.

Toni on the other hand is a somewhat more mellow version, he went through his wild drunken phase in the late '60s and early '70s. He still won't take anything from anyone he considers a fool, but don't expect any wild sleepovers with Green Arrow and Blue Beetle. :)

The problem with a wild

The problem with a wild sleepover is that my knowledge of what happens at one comes from reading various stories here. If my sisters ever had one, I doubt with 5 boys to 2 girls, I was too young to remember it.

Well...

What do you expect with a half-wit who thinks he's untouchable because he works (or should that be *worked*!) for the DMA?

Agent Brown works for the

Agent Brown works for the DEO, not the DMA, and yes he thinks he's untouchable, at least by anyone not above him.

Good chapter, looking

Good chapter, looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Thanks for reading, and

Thanks for reading, and commenting. Hopefully the next chapter will be quicker to write.

FaceTime

I really would like to see the faces of those reporters

----------
The world was so full of sharp bends that if they didn't put a few twists in you, you wouldn't stand a chance of fitting in. -- Terry Pratchett

The scene is based on the

The scene is based on the press conference at the end of the movie Iron Man, where Tony is given a speech to explain the fight between him and Stane/Iron Monger and ends it with the line, "I am Iron Man."

Bit off more than he could chew, and choked

Leonard Brown is off to the la-la land, duh. What did he expect, a shrinking violet wallflower who'd just keel over and do as he is told? Yeah, with a millionaire and a self-made man, with more than half a century of experience, that would go over sooo well. [/heavy sarcasm]

Yay Tony and the team! :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

But he's from the government

But he's from the government and he can do whatever he wants. At least that is how he sees it.

PS: She spells it with an I now. :P

Iron Girl Part 06

Love how Toni stopped all of the bull and how her friends backed her. But wonder if she will make the War Machine Armor for Rhodie?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Of course they backed her,

Of course they backed her, she is their boss (for the most part). Rhodey and the other Marine, even if they had been inclined to help Agent Brown, wouldn't do anything to help him from the moment he called them soldiers. They are Marines, not soldiers. Besides you would have to pretty callous to help someone bully a teenage girl.

There is already a suit of armor that Rhodey can wear, unfortunately it takes the power from a small nuclear plant to run it, so Rhodey won't be running around as War Machine. Nor will Iron Monger, Arsenal, Firepower, Whiplash, or any of the other powered armor villains.