The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 1 Spring Break Chapter 26

Printer-friendly version

Spring Break
Chapter 26

By Rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman


sunset05.jpg
ncsu-library.jpg
two-butterflies04.jpg


I arrive at Rav Shlomo's shul in time. I park the car in the parking lot that is near his building. I open my glove compartment to take out the black head covering. I put it on my head and clip it to my hair. I get out of the car and lock it up.

I walk to the two story house shul. I see several more people arriving as well. I recognize some people right away. They also recognize me as well.

“Richard, its good to see you.”

“Its good to see you too, Rav.”

“Stuck here for Spring Break?”

“I am, Rav. I won't be going to the mountain retreat until after this semester.”

“You're welcome here anytime, you know.”

“I know, Rav. I just felt it would be nice to be near some friends tonight.”

“Acch . . . I won't give you any guilt trip on which service to go to.”

“Thanks... I'll just let the Maker do that for you.”

“I bet Ha Shem will.” He chuckles at the idea. “Come, we can talk some more later.”

He stares at me a little longer while he shakes my hand.

“I sense a change in you, Richard.”

“You do? Is it for the good?”

“I hope so. Besides I need to talk to you about something.”

“Okay, I'll wait until after the service.”

“Good. Excuse me; I need to make sure everything is ready.”

We walk into the shul. I greet some friends there. We smile at each other and nod our heads together. I shake hands with the men only which is their practice. I don't see any response from them I like did with Rav Shlomo.

Rav Shlomo's shul is open to all students. There is a core group of twenty families that attend there. He realizes that education is very important and getting back to basics is of the utmost concern to him. Even though he is a bit orthodox for me. He keeps an open mind to many possibilities. I guess that's what attracted me to his style. It was during Rush Week at the beginning of the semester I found his table when I arrived my freshman year. He was passing out brochures and trying to engage in the students on some meaningful discussions about life in general and other hard topics.

I floated around from group to group in the Raleigh area. Some had outreach buildings on campus. I attended a few of those gatherings. Some were pretty good. But, then you start hearing the same message over and over again. Some of them were vocal to me saying that I shouldn't attend that group or this group in jest. That's when it became offensive to me.

I attended Rav Shlomo's services off and on as time permitted. He appreciated the effort I put in to some of the discussions we have in the study groups. He always looks for different opinions. He knows I have no desire to go all the way and join his belief. He told me there is a place for people like me who support the Jewish people with their heart and soul. Just as long as I have respect during the services and learn all I can about the Creator of the Universe.

I step into the main room on the first floor. The chairs are arranged neatly to hold about seventy people. I take my seat near the rear and out of the way. This service is a typical Havdallah service. Usually this is done in the home. But Rav Shlomo thought it would be great to have it here once a month so the students can get a taste of it. He knew the student portion would be smaller because of Spring Break.

The lights are turned off in the main room. Only the lighted candles are keeping the room lit.

I haven't learned Hebrew yet to read and write it. I just keep quiet and wait for the parts that are spoken in English. When we finally get done with the reading part., we start to sing the songs that are associated with the service. I hum along and enjoy the melodies that are sung.

After that, Rav Shlomo begins a fifteen minute teaching. He talks about the need to know more about Ha Shem and his ways. For some of us who have connections on campus, is to be more wary of seeing a confused face if someone is studying too hard. He reminds us it is important to lend a hand when needed.

He also reminds us that it wasn't too long ago, that things were very different fifty years ago. There were some nations that disappeared from Earth when the judgments came to Earth during that thirty year period. He said the Jewish people are still a lighthouse on the hill. It is there for all to see.

He then talks about the Jewish families that have come home. The economy is a lot safer there than it is elsewhere. He also states there are some nations and groups that haven't got the message from Ha Shem fifty years ago. Their turn will come when its time.

He then finally ends the message with an upbeat thought that Ha Shem listens to our prayers. He knows our thoughts. Just as long we train our ears and listen to Him when we are quiet.

When he concludes the message, we all get up and rearrange the chairs and tables. We make ten groupings of table and eight chairs. We all sit as a family around the table. Rav Shlomo invites me to sit at his table.

A lit candle in a holder, a cup filled with wine, a plate and a box of spices are put on each table. Rav Shlomo stands up and begins the closing portion of the service.

We go through each step of the closing the service. The cup is passed around and everyone takes a sip of wine from it. Then the spice box is passed around. We take a good sniff from it. Then we make use of the lit candle. Once that is done, the light blessing is given. Some wine is poured onto the plate, then someone takes the candle and extinguishes the light in the pool of wine.

Once that is all done, the last set of blessings take place. The nice part of the services is that English is spoken after each Hebrew part. Then we all shout, “B' Shuva Tov!” (Have a good week!)

The lights are turned back on. We all help rearrange the tables and chairs in the main room back to the way it was. I linger around until the end. It takes about a half-hour for everyone to leave. All that is left is Rav Shlomo and his family plus two more families.

“Richard, come into my study.”

“Yes, Rav.”

We walk into his study. He closes the door once we are in. I sit in a chair in front of his desk. He sits in the comfortable chair behind it. He looks at me closely deciding what to say next.

“Richard, I have a question for you.”

“What is it Rav?”

“What do you know about the Nefelim?”

“There is not much mentioned about them in the first book. They were there before the Great Flood, that I do know.”

“That's right, Richard. They did a lot of damage to the people. They caused them to do terrible things.”

“I can only imagine what it could be. If it's anything like today, then it must have been similar.”

“The sages all agree to that Richard. Do you remember David and Goliath?”

“That's one of my favorite stories, Rav.”

“Yes, it’s one of mine too. Where do you think Goliath came from?”

“Well, I know he was a giant. I think Og was his patriarch. I remember that from the studies.”

“That's right again, Richard. Where did Og come from?”

“I don't know, Rav.”

“I didn't think you would know. That's all right, most people don't know. We think Og survived the Great Flood. He must be a descendent from the Nefelim.”

“That makes sense. It is written the Nefelim produced great and powerful leaders.”

“However, we are guessing what kind of power they had. We think they had some sort of mind control to affect the people besides their own strength and size.”

“If that's true, we have no way to block that.”

“There is a defense if you know how.”

“What is it, Rav?”

“It's called misdirection.”

“How does that work?”

“I ask you a question. You answer with a truthful answer that misdirects from the original intent.”

I look at him with my eyebrows down a bit while I think on it. “Hmm... isn't that like answering a question with a question?”

“Not quite, Richard. I ask you a question to hopefully to reveal a secret to me that I can use.”

“I see, but I don't want to give that secret up. I want an answer that goes around it.”

“That's the idea. Richard, I want you to do a study on the Nefelim in your spare time during Spring Break. Come back here next Shabbat for a morning service and kiddish afterwards. Give me a report on what you find out.”

“Okay, I'll do that.”

“Now for the other item I want to discuss with you. When I met you in the parking lot, I thought I felt a change in you.”

“I remember you saying that. What kind of change did you sense?”

“When I shook your hand, I felt an electric touch that transferred to me. Somehow it helped me to be more aware of my surroundings and my Jewish brethren and sisters. Did you go somewhere since I last I saw you?”

Oh Maker. Should I tell him?

Yes, Richard.

“I don't know if you'll believe this. But we know the Universe is huge. Sometimes I think we can't be the only ones with life on a world.”

“That has been debated for centuries, Richard. I think there are other civilizations out there. We only have what is written in books and painted on the rocks. If our governments are hiding this knowledge from us, they are doing a good job of it. But we can't discount the witnesses and what is written.”

“I agree Rav. I think the Nefelim came from somewhere else in our galaxy; hence they appear as sons of the Maker. I mean when I read the story of Elijah and Mt. Carmel that is a fantastic story. Even the Maker can make our eyes blind to that realm. If we saw that realm with our eyes, I would be silent and not say a word.”

“I know how you feel, Richard.”

“This morning, I was getting ready to start a restful day to relax. I had my PC on already. Then an email popped in. I opened it and see where it came from. It had the name Twainor.net in the send from line.”

“Twainor? I never heard of that name.”

“I didn't either. Since it passed my virus detectors I took a chance to open it all the way.”

“What happened next?”

“A man appeared dressed from a thousand years ago. However, he appeared to be like us, but different. He had hair on his head, but it was his facial features that told me he is from another planet outside our Sol system.”

“What? An alien contacted you?”

“Yes, that's right. However, he told me the Maker is the one doing the translating of his language to mine.”

“That's incredible.”

“I know. Anyway, he asked me questions like you have done many times to get us thinking. He asked me who the Maker was. I gave him answers I knew. He said they are the right answers. He then gave me a number to use.”

“What is the number?”

“A frequency number. After some calculation it corresponds to a channel on our TV's.”

“This too much, Richard.”

“Don't I know it? So once I set the channel on the TV, the email closed and his image switched to the TV. We then started to talk to one another through the TV. He said it was done by magic.”

“Magic? We haven't seen true magic on Earth for thousands of years.”

“I thought so too. Anyway, I was soon transported there. It took some time to get there. This place is fantastic. I was there for a whole week while I was gone from here in ten minutes.”

“I need to hear more about this before you leave at the end of the semester.”

“Okay, Rav. I need to ask you a question.”

“What is it, Richard?”

“Do you remember the stories of unicorns, fairies, dwarves, centaurs and true dragons when you were growing up?”

“I remember those stories. It is said they existed before the Great Flood. Now they are counted as myths and legends. We now doubt if they ever existed.”

“I remember those stories too. Well, I met them there.”

“What?”

“They are called the First Ones on that planet. The best I can figure out, the
Maker saw the demise of Earth before the Great Flood. He wanted to save them and have a good life.”

“So that's where they went. He picked them up somehow and brought them
there.”

“That's right Rav. Now for the mind numbing revelation. Do you remember Avel?”

“Who can forget him? He was the first born of Adama and Eva. However, he was killed by his brother Kayin.”

“That's right, Rav. I met Avel there on Twainor.”

“Avel is still alive?”

“Not in the form like us. The Maker put Avel's soul and spirit into a unicorn's body. He did that to provide an eternal witness. He witnessed everything until he was taken before the Great Flood.”

“Oh my, this is too much, Richard. That answers a lot of questions.”

“I know Rav. I also met eleven other unicorns there. However, only six were brought from here.”

“Those other unicorns from here must have human souls and spirits as well. Each one with its own story to tell that we don't know.”

“I would think so, Rav.”

“Why were you brought there, Richard?”

“I'm a member of a group of twelve people from other worlds in our area called the Local Group. We are called the Outside Helpers of Twainor. Each of us has a different talent to help them out.”

“That's odd; the Maker wants to set it up like that.”

“Perhaps, but this world is magical. They have a very strong field around the planet that prevents them from creating electrical machinery like we do here. They have
very strong lightning storms.”

“That's what I felt from you. You must have had some left over in your body.”

“I must have, Rav. The Maker brought me there to reconnect the First Ones there back to Earth. I also helped in averting several coups that were hatched in secret, years before I arrived there.”

“I still can't believe Ha Shem would do such a thing.”

“Well, why don't you ask Him? He's willing to listen to you.” I smile at him.

He smiles back, “Point taken from the student to remind the teacher. I'll do that.”

“I think the Maker is starting to do something grand for Earth. I don't know what it is right now.”

“Yes, it will be revealed when the time is right. I mean the encounter we had during the Thirty Year judgment is just a small taste to get our attention.”

“I think that's what he did on Twainor. He got their attention; they are not alone in the Universe. There could be an enemy that wants to destroy the Maker's Creation.”

“I'm sure there is, Richard. We have enough of that here on Earth with our own problems. So Twainor has twelve Outside Helpers to help them when serious trouble comes.”

“Yes, Rav.”

“How many people live there?”

“I think there are about one million people there divided among sixteen kingdoms.”

“I don't think it will be wise if we had twelve of these people from other worlds
here. They would be in danger all the time.”

“Yes, they would.”

“What did Twainor have to do to accept these Outside Helpers?”

“Have no war for a hundred years at least.”

“That's not going to work here unless a miracle happens. Who brought the
message to Twainor?”

“You're not going to believe this. They are called the Emissaries from the Maker.”

“The Emissaries? Are you saying messengers or angels from Ha Shem Himself?”

“That's right, Rav.”

“Did you meet any of them?”

“No, Rav.”

“Oh, this is too much. Well, we have been here long enough. You have given me
a lot to think about, Richard. I'll be in prayer as always.”

“I'll be here next week as promised.”

“Good, now take care and have a great B' Shuva Tov.”

“B' Shuva Tov, Rav.”

We both stand up and shake hands together. We leave the study room.

“It’s about time, Rav. The kids are getting sleepy.”

“I'm sorry Eli. I had a nice long talk with Richard here. He's a good student here.”

“I know he is, Rav.”

“Come my dear, it is time for bed.”

“Yes, Hannah, my dear.”

We turn off the lights. The two families and I leave the house. Rav and his family stay behind. They live on the second floor of the two story house. Rav Shlomo makes sure all of the doors are locked when we leave.

I get into my car and drive back to the dorms. It's about ten o'clock by the time I get back. I put my head covering away into the glove box with the hair pin.

I get out of the car and lock it.

“This has been some night, Maker. Apparently you've got your reasons on how the night went tonight.”

I walk up to my room and get ready for bed. I read a book from class. I stop reading it after a paragraph. “Hmm... I better read that Nefelim story again.”

I open the first book and read from the first chapter until the end of the Great Flood.

“There's not a lot of information there. All that is written is a brief summary of what happened. There are some details in some of the stories, but there is not enough elsewhere. I'll do a more thorough search tomorrow on line.”

I put the Bible away. I get under the covers and rest my head on my pillow. I look at the ceiling above me. Apparently you wanted me to share my experience with him. He should be more sensitive to your voice now. I'll have to wait and be patient for your next step. Obviously you wanted that Nefelim story to stick in my mind for some reason. Well, good night, Maker. I hope my family and friends are all doing well. See you in the morning. Praise to the Maker for your wonderful blessings.

Good night,Richard.

I fall asleep not long after that.

~~~000~~~

Rav Shlomo looks at the ceiling above him. His wife is settled in the bed next to him.

“Good night, Shlomo.”

“Good night,Hannah.”

He closes his eyes and soon he falls asleep.

~~~000~~~

He has dreams of his childhood while growing up. He remembers his parents’ stories from the judgment years. Then the scene shifts to a place that looks familiar to him. He sees people with their heads down. They are standing before a barren plowed field.

He walks up to them to see if he could help them.

“What's wrong? Why are you sad?”

“There is a disease in our garden. The rains come, but for some reason the soil is
not productive despite all we do to help it. We can't grow food to feed ourselves.”

“Have you asked Ha Shem for insight to the problem?”

“He hasn't heard our prayers. We've been praying for a solution to have the Earth healed.”

“But you know that is part of the curse from Ha Shem.”

“I know it is. But this time it is harder to overcome the blights, weeds and insects as well. What are we to do?”

“I don't know. I'll ask Him when I get the chance.”

“You will? That is great; we need to hear his voice in these times of trouble.”

Just as soon as the conversation is over, the scene switches to another location. Again he sees and hears the same story.

He ponders on the stories told to him. “This is like the times in Egypt, but this seems to be a permanent damage to the soil. Have we been so blind that we forgotten how to take care of the land? We were given the means to take care of the land in the writings. But is technology in growing better plants have destroyed the soil as well?” Shlomo screams out loud. “What does this mean Ha Shem?!”

Then all of a sudden he is engulfed in white light all around him. He looks around and sees nothing. Then he sees three people in white approaching him. They are shining brightly.

Shlomo starts to bend the knee...

“Stop, Shlomo, that is not needed.”

Shlomo stands back up.

“The Maker has heard the prayers from the people of Earth. Yes, the technology in growing better food plants helped. But the soil has not fully recovered and become replenished with what it truly needs.”

“What is the solution?”

“Help is on the way, Shlomo. It will take some time for everyone on Earth to learn this lesson.”

“How long, Malachim?” (Messenger or Angel)

“It will take nine hundred years before the Earth is fully renewed.”

“That is a long time for a new Earth and new heavens. We know the wars have
not fully stopped. The enemies are preventing us from planting the fields in various places.”

“We know that as well, Shlomo. The Omega Unicorn will be back on Earth soon. He is the beginning to bring healing to the Earth.”

“A unicorn? The last unicorn on Earth was before the Great Flood.”

“That's right, Shlomo. However, two were hidden on the Noach's boat.”

“They probably didn't last long when they got off the boat.”

“The pair did survive Shlomo and produced offspring. The last one was killed for its horn over a thousand years ago. That horn has turned to dust a long time ago.”

“I'm sorry to hear that, Malachim. If this unicorn comes back, how will we be able to protect him?”

“He knows how to protect himself. He will be hidden until the time is right to be revealed.”

“That means attitudes will have to change here on Earth.”

“That's right, Shlomo.”

“I heard Richard's incredible story. Can peace come to Earth and we can be part
of this Local Group?”

“Anything is possible, Shlomo. But you know there will be hidden factions who want the old ways. That will not end until this millennium ends.”

“They will be hard pressed to keep it.”

“That's true, Shlomo.”

“That's all we have to say now Shlomo.”

“Malachim, how come I've never heard you more clearly until now?”

“This didn't happen until you shook the hand of Richard. Share it.”

They smile at him.

“Oh, my. Well, thank you very much, Malachim. I give praise to the Creator.”

“He hears them Shlomo. We won't be doing this too often unless it is needed for emergencies.”

“I understand, Malachim.”

They all smile at each other.

The light fades away from him.

~~~000~~~

He slowly wakes up. He looks at the ceiling and sees the light fading from memory.

Baruch Ha Shem. I'm still here.

Yes, you are Shlomo.

What? Is that you, Ha Shem?

It is, Shlomo. You are now more in tune with me.

Is this because of Richard?

It is Shlomo. I chose him for a reason besides this blessing. As you study some
more, you will see why.

Okay, I'll wait until then.

He turns his head; he sees that he wakes up five minutes before the alarm goes on.

He takes his half of the bed covers off. He sits up on the edge of the bed.

“Baruch Ha Shem. I'm still here. Heh, heh, heh....”

“Mm-mm.... Why are you laughing, Shlomo?”

“I had some interesting dreams last night.”

“Aren't you going to tell me what they are? Or do I have to tickle it out of you?”

“What? Oh no! Not that again.”

Then Hannah starts to tickle the sides of his torso.

“Hah, hah, hah... I give... stop it!”

“That's not enough. I want you happy all day.”

She keeps it up while she giggles. Then Shlomo turns around and does the same thing to her.

Soon they are both laughing and giggling. Then the children come into the room.

“What's going on, mom and dad?”

“Your laughter woke us up.”

“Well come on in and join the giggle party, Dan and Elisa.”

They run forward and join them on the bed. Soon they are all laughing with tears coming down their faces as they tickle each other.

After awhile they stop. The children are lying between Shlomo and Hannah. They try to slow down their breathing and get back to normal.

“That was fun imma.” (mommy)

“It sure was.”

“We need to do this more often.”

“We can't do this every day, Dan.”

“No, how about twice a month abba?” (daddy)

“I like that a lot.”

“Does everyone agree to that?”

“Yes imma and abba.” Dan and Elisa say at the same time.

“Good, now get out of bed. Get ready for the day.”

“Yes, imma.”

The kids clamber out of the bed. They both giggle and chuckle as they leave their parents bedroom.

“You are going tell me what the dreams are Shlomo?”

“I will Hannah as soon as the kids are off to school.”

“Okay.”

They kiss each other. They get out of bed and get ready for the day as well.

~~~000~~~

During the night, most of the dreams turn out to be repeats. They are places I've been to and have not seen before. I see family and friends all around me. Soon I find myself in a lush flower garden that stretches for miles over the rolling hills.

I look around and see nobody. I see a trail that leads to some benches. I walk towards it and sit down on one of the benches. I see more trails spread out from this location.

“This is very pretty, Maker.”

It is, Richard. I want you to remember this place.

“Okay, Maker.” I look around some more. I get off the bench and bend down to a nearby flower. I take a good whiff from it. Then all of a sudden my head fills with aroma of the flowers all around me. I get up and stagger back to the bench and sit down on it.

Whoa, those scents are strong Maker.

Yes they are, Richard. Remember this place, you'll need it for a good memory.

Okay Maker. I'll remember this place.

I stand up slowly. I slowly turn in a circle as I look around. I breathe in deeply
the aromas all around me. I hear and see insects buzzing all around. They are going from flower to flower.

Once I get done remembering the place. I find myself sinking downward. I see myself flying towards Earth and back to my bed where I'm sleeping.

~~~000~~~

I wake up and look at the ceiling.

“Good morning Maker. That is a fantastic garden up there.”

Good morning Richard. Get ready for the day. Now you can go to a service of your choice.

Okay.

Richard, you need to continue your sparring practice and weight training.

Okay Maker, I'll include that in my daily activities.

I get myself ready for the day. I decide to go to a 10 AM service that is nearby that is within walking distance. I leave the dorm and walk down the sidewalks towards the church. I've been to this one before. This group is a little more open than the other ones I have been to.

While I'm walking down the sidewalks I see two butterflies fluttering nearby. I stop at the intersection and push the button to cross the street. The butterflies come to a rest on some flowers nearby.

I cross the street when the light gives me permission to walk across.

The butterflies then take off and fly at a higher level to cross the street. They
come to rest on a tree branch.

~~~000~~~

The two butterflies whisper to each other.

“This one is unique. We've seen him around here before.”

“Yes, he has changed somehow.”

“Let's get downwind from him when he comes back out. We need to make sure.”

“Okay. Then we can go to our Queen.”

The butterflies take off from the tree and flutter across the street following the young man.

~~~000~~~

I get across the street. I walk to the church on the corner.

I get to the front door and stop before I open it. I look around me one more time. “I could have sworn I heard somebody whispering behind my back. Hmm... oh well. Let's go inside.”

I open the door and walk inside the church.

~~~000~~~

The butterflies flutter to a tree and wait.

“Did he hear us?”

“He might have.”

~~~000~~~

I walk inside and see the greeter there holding some brochures.

I take one from her.

“Welcome to Raleigh First.”

“Thank you.”

I take the brochure and look for a seat. I see it is about half full of people. I guess
there are about two hundred people here.

I find a seat near the end of a row towards the rear. I see some familiar faces there.

The service goes along as expected. When it comes to turn around and greet the people around you. Then some people recognize me right away.

“Richard! You're here!”

Two girls and two guys walk up to me. We smile at each other. The girls hug me,
the guys shake my hand.

What's this? Bob and Brandon didn't react?

They came to you and expected nothing in return.

“What's this Richard? Are you stuck here during Spring Break?”

“Yeah, it seems that way. I won't see my family until the end of the semester.”

“That's right, your dad got that cabin in the Appalachians.”

“That's right, Bob.”

The girls look at me closely.

“Isn't he a dish, Debbie?”

“He sure is, Robin. I've got dibs on him first.”

“Whoa! Whoa girls. Take it easy, I'm only one of me.” Oh, oh... I hope I'm not doing it again.

“That's right, Robin. There are plenty of us guys in our group.”

“That's true, Brandon. But we live here, Richard is not from here.”

“Tsk, tsk, that's no way to treat our guest here Debbie.”

“Oh... foo... you're no fun Bob.”

“Oops... the pastor is signaling us to end this little get together.”

“See you later, Richard.” Robin gives me a flirty eye look.

Then Debbie grabs her by the arm and drags her away from me. Debbie looks at
me and does the same thing.

Whew, that was close. If this keeps up, I'm going have to take a hot shower every three hours.

You just might have to. Richard.

Gee thanks for that vote of confidence, Maker.

I chuckle to myself at the thought of it.

I look across the way at the four of them. I see them arguing about something. They quiet down when some people near them ask to be quiet. Which they do.

The service continues on schedule. Then it comes time for the message from the pastor. I look at the brochure to see what the title is to the message.

The title is, “The Beginning of the End.” I hope that title is not what I think it means.

The pastor begins his message with the way how things were perfect before the fall. He then jokes about how the blame was passed around until it ended with the snake in the grass.

He then says that signaled the downward spiral of man and woman. He said the Nefelim were actually bad angels from heaven who rebelled against the Creator.

As I think about it, Maker. That doesn’t seem right. I mean angels are your agents. Did some actually rebel against you?

Some did, Richard. You'll have to do a better study than he did just now. My agents don't have the capability to cause death or kill. Some just got too greedy for power. The fallen group will influence others to do their dirty work. Kayin didn't have the inclination to kill people at all when he was born. It actually came from somewhere else and later in his life.

Hmm... that's interesting.

The pastor continues along with his message. He touches on Enoch for a short time. He said he will come back again. He said his book has never been found. Then he talks about the man who lived the longest. He said he drowned when the Great Flood came.

Uh... that's not right on those two points, I think.

He also said the population reached about one hundred thousand and lived somewhere in the Middle East that is no longer to be found today.

Whoa... that is not right at all.

He then talks about what Noach and his family did in building the Ark. He asked us if we are willing to do what it takes to do the Creator's Will even if we get jeered at and taunted.

That part is right.

He then talks about the promise and hope of a new beginning when the flood subsides. He also talks about the animals that were not on the boat like the unicorns and centaurs.

I don't think he will be able to understand what I know.

He then concludes the message with the usual choices one has to make in life.

We sing the last song of the service. The pastor makes his way to the doors by the entrance. We all get up to leave the church. We greet the pastor on the way out. Then it’s my turn.

“Hello, Richard.”

“Hello, pastor.”

“What do you think of the message?”

“It wasn't too bad. It still needs some work.”

“I went as far as I could with what I had.”

“Perhaps, pastor. But there are other sources out there to consider.”

I think I will shake his hand now.

No, he's not ready.

“I would like to have a talk with you this week. I know you are free this week.”

“What day?”

“I'm here most mornings. Call the secretary to make sure.”

“I'll see if I can fit you in my schedule. I have a lot of work to do in the library
and labs I need to get ahead on.”

“It won't take long, Richard.”

“We'll see.”

“Thank you, Richard.”

I continue walking out of the church. I see the four down there waiting for me.

“Come on, Richard. Let's have some lunch.”

“Don't make it too expensive. I only have so much on me.”

“It'll be under $10, I guarantee.”

“The last time you said that, I ended up with a $15 tab.”

“How did I know they added tip on the bill automatically?”

“All right, you're forgiven. Where to, now?”

“You walked here didn't you, Richard?”

“Yes I did, Bob.”

“Good, you can sit between us Richard.”

I look at Bob and Brandon real quick.

“They don't bite, Richard.”

“No, but they may bite each other.” I look at the girls real quickly.

“We're not that type, Richard.”

“Come on, we'll treat you nice.”

“Okay. We'll see.”

“Great, let's get in Bob's car. It's bigger.”

We walk over to Bob's car. He opens all of the doors for us by using his remote. “Beep! Beep!”

I get in the middle in the back seat. Debbie is on my right and Robin is on my left. They both put their arms into my arms. I see them smiling widely. I can see they are trying for my attention. Brandon is sitting on the passenger front seat. Bob is in the driver's seat. He starts the engine. We go a couple of miles to a nearby restaurant called the Farmers Market.

“What's that cologne you’re wearing Richard. It smells great.”

“It sure does, Robin. I really like it.”

Brandon gives a comment, “I don't smell anything from him.”

“That's because your nose is tuned differently.”

“Please girls, I don't want to cause any problems here.”

“You're not, Richard.”

“Look, I know you four have been paired up. I don't want to be the fifth wheel here.”

“You'll do fine, Richard. Just keep your wits about you.”

The girls giggle and smile at me.

I smile back. I roll my eyes to look up. Now what, Maker?

Bob parks the car. We all get out. Bob locks it up. We walk as a group to the
restaurant. It turns out this restaurant does have some $7 meals.

We wait for a minute by the check in podium. Then a waitress comes and directs us to a table on the porch overlooking a garden.

We all sit down. The girls sit on both sides of me. But the boys sit next to their respective dates. I look at the menu and see the typical fare.

I decide on the fish sandwich and hush puppies with water to drink. One of the girls orders shrimp; the two boys order a fish platter with two sides. The other girl orders a fish platter as well.

The waitress takes our orders.

“You're being cheap, Richard.”

“I'm a student, remember that.”

“That's right, you're on a strict budget.”

“That's right again Bob. Besides, I have tried shellfish once before, but...”

“But you got sick.”

“Ewww... stop right there boys.”

“Okay Robin, we'll stop. On to another subject, then.”

“So how are your classes, Richard?”

“Deep and heavy, Brandon. The problems are getting more complex.”

“What do you do for relaxation and fun?”

“Well I like to take walks, jog and stay fit as best I can Robin.”

“That's relaxation, Richard. What about for fun?”

“There isn't much. I play the guitar. I'll go see a movie on campus that seems interesting to watch. I play some games with some of my class mates.”

“What you need is a girlfriend, Richard.”

“You know I don't have one right now, Robin.”

“We do, Richard. It just means you need to get out more often.”

“I hear you. I do come and visit various groups on or off campus.”

“Well at least that's a start, Richard.”

Then out of the corner of my eye I see what appear to be the same two butterflies
I saw earlier. Hmm... I wonder.

The butterflies flutter around the porch area. They come to a rest on some flowered plants hanging from the ceiling.

After some more small talk, the waitress comes back with our meals. Each plate is placed in front of us. Our drinks are also topped off as well. The waitress leaves our bill besides each plate.

I take a bite from my sandwich. This is supposed to be trout? I guess I got used to the fish on Twainor. Oh well, I'll have to get my taste buds back to normal.

We continue eating our lunch. We don't talk much while we eat. I do get some looks from Robin and Debbie once in awhile as they smile at me.

Once we get done, the chatting begins again.

“So what are you four doing at this time of the year?”

“Well, all of us are freshmen.”

“That's fresh-girls Bob.”

“You know what I mean, Robin.”

“We know that you’re fresh, Debbie.”

“Uh huh... that's right Brandon. We have the fresh lipstick and fresh clothes so we won't be out of style.” She gives a slight side to side movement with her head as she smiles.

I start to smile. Everyone tries to keep it under control. Then everyone breaks out laughing and giggling.

“You are all too much.”

“Our classes aren't too bad. We are making the grades to stay there.”

“What are your intended majors so far?”

“Well, I plan to be an architect.”

“Brandon and I talked about it. It's a perfect fit with me. Mine is interior and
exterior decorating.”

“What about you and Bob?”

“Well Robin and I seem to be in opposite directions right now. Mine is civil engineering.”

“That sounds great to me, Richard. But my major is English Lit.”

“More than likely you'll end up as a teacher with that degree, Robin.”

“It's possible. But I do like to write stories. But I have heard from writers and
authors you really need a good income while you do that.”

“So that's where Bob comes in?”

“Yes, Richard. He better get a good paying job to support me.”

“Well, we have been here long enough. We need to get back.”

“Yeah, I need to do some homework.”

“On a Sunday, Richard?”

“I need to get ahead all this week. I still have about ten programs to write by the end of the semester.”

“Ouch, that's a brain burner.”

“Well, my major is computer and security. Between the three classes this semester, there are about thirty programs to write. The fourth one is an ethics class. The fifth one is a tech writing class. I have to keep pace so it won't snowball on me during the last two weeks.”

“Yeah, that's a good thought. My first final was last December. I couldn't believe how much I had to cram for. I had two finals in one day. The other three were around that one day.”

We get up from the table setting. I don't see the two butterflies near us as we get up. We take our bills to the cashier and pay what we owe.

We get back in the car like before. Bob drives us back to the church parking lot. We get out saying our goodbyes.

“Come back again, Richard.”

“I'll have to check my schedule. Even though this is Spring Break, I have lot planned this week.”

“We are here if you need someone to talk to.”

“Thanks for the offer, Robin. I'll see you all later.”

I leave the parking lot and head back to the dorms. As soon as I cross the street safely I see those two butterflies again. I decide to take a different path back. There is a garden along the way with some benches. Once I reach the bench, I sit down on it.

I look at the beautiful scenery of the garden. Then I see the butterflies land on two flowers. They are moving their wings up and down slowly.

I then decide to speak up. “It's a very pretty day today. Was it you two who whispered behind me before I went in to the church?”

“You don't have to answer yet. I saw something similar yesterday morning. But I also met some people you wouldn't believe.”

“I was taken to another world. I was there for a whole week while it seems I was gone from here for ten minutes.”

“I saw butterflies change into fairies on a world that is from outside the Sol System here. I know that sounds incredible, but it did happen. The most incredible meeting took place. I actually touched a unicorn, a centaur, a true dwarf, and a true dragon that can speak. In fact I hugged twelve unicorns there. The place is called Twainor. I don't know where it is, but it is out there.”

Then I hear a whisper in the wind.

“What are the six unicorn names?”

“There were six unicorns before the Great Flood. The names are Avel, Makaela, Athena, Einhorn, Silverwind and Star Dancer.”

“That is right.”

“What is your name?”

“My name is Richard Moore. I go to school here. My father has a cabin near Mt. Blanc, NC. My family currently lives in Charlottesville, NC.”

“We'll remember that name.”

“Can you change into your true forms?”

“We can't Richard. There is no unicorn on Earth.”

“I see. I'm sorry.”

“You have a good heart, Richard. Don't lose it.”

“Thank you. What are your names?”

“We can't give them yet.”

“Okay, remain hidden and watch friends.”

“We will, Richard.”

“I can meet you here if you like from time to time.”

“We appreciate that. Thank you.”

I stand up from the bench. The butterflies flutter around me a few times before they follow me.

I return to my dorm room. The butterflies land on a tree branch nearby to rest and think for a moment.

~~~000~~~

“So he did touch the six unicorns.”

“They also gave birth to six more. No wonder he smelled like a unicorn.”

“We have to relay this to our Queen.”

“That, we must.”

The butterflies take off from the tree and flutter away in a certain direction to the Northwest.

~~~000~~~

I get into my room and lock the door. I lay on my bed face down onto the pillow. I scrunch it up to bring my head up. A few tears come down my face and stains the pillow case.

You did this for a reason, Maker. I was sent to Twainor to reconnect the First Ones back home here.

I did, Richard. You'll find out more as time goes on.

It's a shame the last unicorn was killed for selfish reasons. The fairies can't
change from butterfly mode to their true forms. How many fairies are left on Earth Maker?

There are thousands of fairies scattered around the world. They have been watching and waiting for the return of the Omega Unicorn as promised to them.

Who is the Omega Unicorn? I never heard of that name.

You'll find out some day. Now continue on with your studies that you need to do this week. Don't forget to keep your defensive skills up to par.

Okay, Maker. Thank you for all of your wonderful blessings ,Maker.

I get up from my bed. I reposition the pillow. I take a tissue or two to clean up my face. I get back to work writing more programs today.

“Tomorrow, I'm in the library doing the reports I need to do for the other classes.”

I take a few more hours in the afternoon to start outlining several more programs in the various classes I have. Once that was done I start writing the programs one by one. I run them through my PC to see if there any bugs. It takes a few tries, but eventually the programs are running smoothly. For some of the programs, the instructor is providing a file to read from. He's keeping it a mystery until we open it up.

“I wouldn't be surprised they have viruses. Just the thing to catch us napping.”

Once done with that I put the computer books away and get ready for dinner. Fortunately, there are microwave ovens in each common area of each floor. I take a package of cup-a-soup, crackers, napkin and a spoon with me. I walk down to the common area to nuke it.

I purchase another bottle of water from the dispenser. I take the cover off a little bit. I squirt some water into it. I then nuke for the specified time. It doesn't take long to heat it up. I then turn on the TV to see what is happening lately while I eat my dinner. I see the same old stuff happening again.

“At least some nut cases were disposed of during the Thirty Year Judgment period. But new ones came right in and took their places. I suppose another reduction in world's population might have to happen again. But, the leadership must change in those countries. It drives me nuts seeing this happening, Maker.”

Once I get done with the cup-a-soup. I go to vending machine to pay for an apple. I sit back down on the sofa and continue to watch TV until the national news is over with. I turn it off and return back to my room. I look at the Ethics class notes to remind myself what I need to do.

I see I have to do four more papers to write up. Each one is on a different subject. Well, let's get some reading done.

I decide to read the last three chapters of the book and get it over with, then answer the chapter review questions and write those down into my notebook. This takes the time until I need to go to sleep. Depending on the time tomorrow, I'll then focus on the Tech Writing class and what I promised to Rav Shlomo.

I brush my teeth and wash myself down quickly. I change my clothes for bed and get under the covers for a good night's sleep. I set the clock for 7 AM in morning.

During the night I get some dreams that are memories from Twainor and some future events that don't make sense to me right now. This time it is all peaceful. There are no revelations and talks with the Maker in the dreams.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not yet my friend.

Hello Stanman,

This is just the start of the redemption process. He will meet some bad people before Book 1 ends. I will do another comment on it when he does.

Rachel