BotC: -4c- House Rules

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:
This is the next chapter after "BotC: -3c- A Knock on the Door"

The further adventures of Danny Sweet who has been transformed into a little girl through the aid of a magic ring.

Story:
Merlok, Jana and Danny appeared in a circular room with moss covered stone walls and a single arched doorway leading out into a long wooden passageway. A magical green cloud of smoke surrounded the three briefly upon their arrival and thinned out into an almost imperceptible mist in the chilled dank and wet environment. Clumps of weeds and ivy grew wildly upon the floor and trailed out into the hallway beyond.

Merlok stuck a brass key in the side of a large iron handle jutting out from the floor and with some effort he pulled the old rusty lever down a notch with a loud squeak and a clank and clatter of chains in another chamber somewhere beneith their feet. Cracks in the walls and floor and ceiling around them briefly glowed red and faded away.

"Magic draining shield," Jana explained to their new little guest.

"Oh," said Danny gulping nervously.

"Protects us from nosey magic users who might follow our teleportation path," Merlok added pulling the key out from the side of the crank handle and placing it securely in his vest pocket. He gave the handle a pat on the side for good measure and they walked out of the room.

"No magic works at all in this place unless Merlok deactivates the spell ward," Jana said taking the little girl by the hand.

~Just great,~ thought Danny. With Merlok having posession of Danny's male essence stored away in his briefcase, and the magic ring tucked away in his coat pocket, and now that spell ward in place, Danny had almost no hope at all of ever changing back to his normal male self.

Merlok wandered around the corner and down some stairs leaving Jana to lead Danny along a different route to another destination. "We're not going with him?" Danny asked worriedly.

"Oh my, no, dear," Jana said sweetly. "That wouldn't do at all to have you see where Merlok stores the essence.

~And the warding key and the magic ring too,~ thought Danny gulping and nervously fiddling with the edges of her dress as they walked along the dusty old passageway.

Jana led the girl up some stairs and into a pantry leading out into a kitchen. Jana paused momentarily to close and lock the pantry door behind them and said,"You're not allowed ever to go back down there. Understand? It's off limits and too dangerous for little girls anyway. So you'd best not try breaking in there. This lock is a bit old but I don't think those little hands of yours are capable of prying it open. Even so, I'm warning you now, hun, to keep out. We'll get you sorted out and into a new home soon if all goes well. Now let's show you to your room."

Danny was led out of the kitchen and through a vast living room and up a long curved red carpeted marble staircase to an alcove above where there were three doors. Jana took out a small silver key and unlocked one of them and led the girl inside.

It was a room all set up for a little girl but a room that was a bit dusty and riddled with cobwebs. Jana said,"We haven't used this room in quite some years but aside from some dusting up I think it suits your new form quite well, don't you? There's a pretty little white canopy bed built for a cute little princess just like yourself. And over there beside the closet mirror is a fancy red dressing table just your size, and that door beside it leads into your own private bath, and here just in the far corner is your toy chest, and there on those shelves beside it are some more toys, and your dolls of course. There's some children's books on that other bookshelf over there if you're interested. You may find the reading material is a bit too juvinile compared to what you may be used to but Merlok has some pills that'll help with that and keep you acting your age and tone down your knowledge to proper little girl levels. We'll get you started on those pills soon enough, but for now let me show you this armoire with more of your clothes, and over here is a second closet - and look - it connects out to the hall. Oh but we keep that door locked usually. And over here we have... well that's the dumbwaiter - that goes down to the kitchen. We'll send you up some snacks on that once in awhile if you're a good little girl and do what you're told."

While impressive as this little tour was, Danny was growing ever more worried about becomming trapped this way in this new envorinment. So she tugged on Jana's dress to get her attention. "But when do I change back to normal?" she asked.

Jana smiled at the exuberant attitude of the young child and bent down to grab hold of the girl's nose for a quick wiggle. "You're a cutie-pie, aren't you?" she declared more than asked. "Don't you understand my dear? Sweetie if the magic ring is off your finger then the ring curse has completed its course and bound you fully to your new form. The change can not be reversed and what's more your male essence has already been drained and stored safely away. You'll no more be a boy again now than change yourself into even a kitten. Your form is bound fully to your new self. You can not change back, hun. Not even if Merlok wished it. You'll only ever be the girl you are now or the woman you'll some day grow up to be. The spell that did this protects you from further transformation magic. It is both a blessing and a curse. For not even Merlok could change you into a toad if he wished. So it protects you but it also prevents you from ever changing back again."

"But the magic draining field," Danny protested. "Wouldn't that affect the curse?"

"Hmmm... That I'm not too sure on, hun," Jana admitted thoughtfully stroking her chin. "However you're really in no position to argue this anymore, in fact it's one of the house rules I'll be going over with you next. You are not to talk to anyone at all about changing back to your former self, nor are you allowed to even mention you were ever anything but the little girl you now are. Is that understood?"

"But... but..."

"No buts," Jana said wagging a finger at the girl. "Now the pills we'll be giving you will help with some of this but you really must understand, honey, that this is all for your own good. It's really for the best that you accept things and learn to move forward with your new life. There really is no going back now, hun. You're a little girl and as far as anyone's concerned from now on you've always been that way. Now we're going to provide you with a new home - I mean after this one here - and we'll want you to be on your best behavior."

A little brass bell rang over by the dumbwaiter and the platform inside squeaked as it rose up to a stop and on it was a silver tray with some milk and cookies, and a single pink pill.

"Merlok is a bit ahead of schedule I see," Jana said surprised but none the less relieved to discover Danny's first pill already there. "Here, honey. Some milk and cookies, but first take your behavior changing medicine. It's okay. It's not poison. Go on and take it. That a girl. Good girl. Now drink it down with your milk. That'a girl. It'll help you act and think more like a little girl. Now you go ahead and finish off your milk and cookies and we'll get a maid up here to clean and dust this old room out for you."

Jana left and Danny spit out the pill she'd kept tucked sneakily away just under her tongue. Some of it had already dissolved like cotton candy and had entered into her system and making her feel rather giddy and in a bit of a mischivous mood. ~Wouldn't it be fun to really see what this does?~ she thought to herself and with that she plopped the pill back in her mouth and swallowed it down with a big gulp full of milk.

The pill went to work on her mind with remarkably instant results and artificially lowered her intellect to that of a four year old girl in a matter of a few moments time. It made her feel worked up and bursting full of the energy of a child and at the same time provided an enormous security blanket which gave her the feeling that being a little girl wasn't so bad after all and that this way certainly felt better than what she was before. She still remembered who she was and who she'd been but the drug was blocking out things and making her feel all good and weird and wonderful inside.

She picked up one of the children's books off the bookshelf and marvelled at how difficult it was to read even the simplest of words anymore. Many of the jumbles of letters made as little sense to her as if she'd been peering at ancient hyroglyphics through a dense fogbank while squinting all cross-eyed and trying to make sense out of it all.

The maid came in the room and cleaned up while Dana was sent in for a bath and afterward felt the medicine slowly wearing off and her mind clearing once more through the dull throb of a growing headache. The little girl climbed up into bed and crawled under the covers and went quickly to sleep, waking up sometime later feeling quite refreshed.

Danny's mind was back to normal again as well as whatever the spell didn't block out, like what it felt like even having a sex drive at all or liking girls. That stuff was still blocked out but at least the drug was gone and she could think clearly and even read those children's books if she wanted. Still there was a happy memory of how good it felt being under that drug and she saw a new tray laid out for her in the dumbwaiter already with a new glass of milk, some cookies and a brand new pink pill just for her.

Danny greedily gulped down her second pill with the fresh glass of milk and marvelled at the refreshing way with which the pill made her feel extra specially good about being a little girl and about how truly nice it was to stay just this way for keepsies.

Over the course of the next few weeks Danny remained on schedule with her regiment of behavior modifying pills and then one day she woke up and didn't need any pills at all.

The damage was done. The pills had done what they were designed to do and Danny sat there gazing and gasping at page after page of words she could no longer comprehend in books now beyond her current capability to read.

Furthermore she sat there with her rag doll, Noonie, clutched firmly at her side with neither care nor concern for feeling quite at ease and comfortable with being this way.

She blinked her pretty little eyelashes as she gazed across the room at Hilda, the maid, standing there silhouetted in the dim hall light outside her door.

"Your new parents have arrived," Hilda announced, and Danny got up and eagerly ran out to meet them.

Notes:
Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

very nice story

but I only wish that the kudos button on the earlier chapters worked

This just became ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... a horror story, albeit a well written one. Before the pill, why did he never try to explain that he wasn't the one who stole the ring? Why no thoughts of lost family and friends? I feel sorry for his folks, their son just disappearing. I was so happy to read that he hadn't swallowed the pill; I thought at last he was going to try and fight back. But no ... oh, well; I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this goes.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!