Wannabe Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Emma looks at the time on the clock hanging on her bedroom wall. It was almost eleven at night and she was only halfway done with a report she needed to turn in tomorrow for US Government. She covers up a yawn as she goes back to working on the report. She has done several rewrites and added some information she missed the first few times she wrote the report.

She goes back to work and tries to finish up the report. Tomorrow was the big football game and she still needed to make sure her uniform was clean and wrinkle-free. The pep squad was supposed to show up early tomorrow morning and prepare to excite the students for the game.

She sings along with one of Bangle’s songs playing from her stereo. She was a die-hard Spice Girl fan, but she did love other girl bands' songs from the same era as the Spice Girls. Her feet move in time to the tune of the music as she lay on her floor pillow and type away on her laptop.

She loses herself to the music, as she continued to work on the report. After a while, she finishes the report and looks at the clock again, and notices it was quarter to two in the morning. She covers up a yawn as she saves her work and power down her laptop. She’ll post the report to the website her teacher set up for them tomorrow morning.

She gets up off the floor and puts her laptop away. Once she finishes that, she heads towards the bathroom. She takes her shower now, instead of in the morning. That way she doesn’t have to fight with her brothers in the morning.

As she stands in the shower washing herself, she thinks about what it will be like to finally have her vagina. Her counselor gave her the letter she needs to get the operation and the appointment for the surgery had already been set. She was going to have the surgery around Christmas. That way she won’t miss any school and she’ll have some time to herself to recover. She already informed Coach Sydney what she was doing and won’t be able to be more active in the pep squad while she recovers.

Coach Sydney told her it was fine and that she could still help out. Which was pleasing news to Emma. She loved the pep squad and loved her school as well. Sure, there were the typical assholes in school, but none of them gave her a hard time because of her brothers.

She finishes showering and blow-drying her hair. She puts her nightgown on and gets into bed. She grabs her plushie snow leopard and falls asleep.

Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life starts playing from Emma’s alarm clock at five-thirty in the morning. She hits the snooze button on her alarm clock and goes back to sleep. Nine minutes later her alarm clock goes off again as the song plays.

She sits up in bed and looks at her alarm clock and turns the alarm off. She didn’t want to get out of bed yet. She only got three hours of sleep.
She pulls herself out of bed and grabs her uniform. She puts her house robe on and heads downstairs to the drier to run her uniform through the dryer.

She tosses her uniform into the dryer and sets it for a few minutes. While her uniform is in the dryer, she walks into the kitchen and fixes herself an egg and sausage sandwich. She was going to need the energy today in school.

Once her uniform was done and she finished eating breakfast, she heads back upstairs to get ready for school. She could hear her brothers and older sister moving around. Her sister had morning classes at the local college.

She looks at herself in the mirror. She had her blonde hair in pigtails like Baby Spice always wore hers in. A smile appears on her face as she looked at her reflection. She loved how she looked in her pep squad uniform.

She grabs her backpack and helmet as she heads downstairs to the garage. She was going to take her moped to school today, instead of catching a ride with her brother.

“See you guys at school.” Emma waves to her brothers as she walks out of the kitchen into the garage.

She puts her helmet on and opens the garage door. Once the garage door is opened all the way, she walks her moped out of it and closes the garage door. She checks the gas level on her moped after she starts it. She still had half a tank, so she was good for another few days before she needed to refill it.

It doesn’t take her long to arrive at school. She spots her fellow pep squad members and catches up with them after locking her moped up. She spots some of the cheerleaders in their uniform as well.

“Alright girls, let’s get these students pumped up.” Amy looks at all the Pep squad members.

“Yeah!” Everyone screams at once.

Emma performs the routine they have been practicing for weeks as they welcome the students and teachers to the school. She puts a lot of energy into the routine and smiles a lot. She noticed the cheerleaders were doing their routine as well as the teachers and students entering the school.

Throughout the day, Emma does everything she can to increase school spirit. The school they were going against this afternoon was going to wish they never showed up.

“Baby Spice is busting it lose today.” Joey stands and watches Emma as she performs for some students.

“Thanks, Joey.” Emma smiles at Joey.

The two of them walk towards their last class together. Joey was as much as an oddball as Emma was.

“So, any new gigs for you?”

“Yes. There’s a rap battle going on tomorrow night at the H club. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind showing up for support?” Joey looks at Emma to see how she would react.

“Sure, anything to help you out.” Emma didn’t mind helping Joey out.

“Thanks. You might want to wear something that doesn’t make you stand out. I know how you like appearing as Baby Spice.”

“I think I can come up with something.” Emma heard that the H club was the best Hip Hop club around in their town.

“Thanks, Emma.”

“You’re welcome. Now, let's get to class before Mr. White makes us late.” A smile appears on Emma’s face.

The two of them walk into class, just as the bell rings. Emma takes her seat and takes her laptop out. As soon as Mr. White starts writing on the whiteboard. She starts recording everything.

The next hour goes by slowly and by the time the bell rings, everybody was ready to leave. Emma heads towards the locker room to put her book bag away and out onto the football field to join the pep squad. They go out onto the field and start their routine to show off to the other team. Afterward, the other school’s pep squad goes onto the football field and tries to outdo the other pep squad.

Emma watches as the cheerleaders cheer their team on. She loved watching them and wishes she could have made the team. There were only two spots open this year on the cheer squad and they had been promised to some other girls.

The football game was getting intense. Their school was trailing behind by only a few points. The pep squad and the cheerleaders were doing everything they could to pump the football players up. As Emma was standing on the sidelines watching the game, along with several others from her squad.

Several football players from the other side came running towards them. Emma pushes the squad member next to her out of the way, just as the football players run right into her. Several of them crash right on top of her. The last thing she remembered before passing out, was hearing her ribs break.

The two football players that landed on top of Emma are pulled off by her school’s football players and her older brother. Her left arm was bent at an odd angle and so was her left leg as well. Her nose had blood coming from it, where one of the football helmets hit it.

The paramedics run over to her unconscious body and start checking her over. They find that she has several broken ribs and one of them had punctured her right lung. They rush to stabilize her condition, as the coach from her school and the coach from the other school try to keep each school’s football players from killing each other.

Emma’s brother was being restrained by the football players. He watches as the paramedics stabilize Emma’s condition and put her on the gurney. They rush her to the waiting ambulance and put her in.

Coach Sydney pulls her cellphone out and calls Emma’s parents to let them know Emma had been hurt and was on her way to the hospital. She informs them that she’ll meet them at the hospital.

Coach Sydney looks at Amy “can you handle everything, while I’m gone?”

“Yes ma’am.” Amy hopes Emma is going to be okay. She looks over at Nancy to make sure she was alright. Emma had pushed her out of the way, just before Emma herself got hit.

Coach Sydney runs off to her car and drives towards the hospital.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Poor Emma she deserved better

Samantha Heart's picture

This almodt sounds like Targeting. Too bad it wasn't on the fields as the offenders could be ejected. But the way you wrote this makes me think the truly went after Emma delebertly. It WASN'T just a foot ball accident.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

might be stupid question

is there a story before wannabe telling of Emma's beginings?
sorry if it's been asked before

Emma's beginnings

Wannabe part 1 is the beginning of Emma's story. Originally, the story was meant to be a short story, but has turned into a novel.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

thank you

it just seemed like in my mind there may have been more to her story that i may have missed