On the Highway Chap. 11

Printer-friendly version

Holiday Inn:
Sidney wakes up in the middle of the night and rushes to the bathroom. She plops down on the toilet seat, after lowering her panties. She felt relief as her bladder empties everything. As she sits there in the bathroom, she wonders what she is going to do.

Pieces of her old life were slowly returning. She remembered why she stole the diamonds and what she uses to do before she was changed. She hasn’t told Jochen yet of what she has remembered.

Once she is done using the bathroom and washing her hands afterward. She walks back to her bed and lay down. As Sidney lays there and tries to go back to sleep. She hopes that Jochen doesn’t hold what she used to do, against her.

She tries to go back to sleep but couldn’t. She grabs her earbuds and her tablet. Since she couldn’t sleep, she watches a Disney movie. She loved her tablet because it had a cellular connection. The hotel had a strong connection.

Sidney finally falls back to sleep, while watching Expendables 2. She got halfway through the movie before she passed out. Her earbuds were still in her ears as she slept.

Jochen wakes up early and stumbles to the bathroom to relieve himself. He takes a shower afterward and walks back into the bedroom to get dressed. He spots Sidney still wearing her earbuds and her tablet still on. He knew she went to sleep first last night.

He gently shakes her shoulder “come on Sidney. It’s time to get up.”

Sidney slowly opens her eyes and looks at Jochen “do I have to?”

“Not unless you don’t want breakfast.” Jochen knew how much Sidney enjoyed her breakfast.

“I’m coming.” Sidney stumbles out of bed and rushes to the bathroom.

Sidney does her business and takes a quick shower. She knew Jochen won’t leave without her. She dries off and runs out of the bathroom without a towel on.

Jochen just shakes his head as Sidney comes out naked. It wasn’t the first time she’s come out of the bathroom naked. He watches as she gets dressed.

“Sometimes I think you do that on purpose.”

“Do what on purpose?” As Sidney pulls her t-shirt over her head.

The shirt had a pair of wolves howling at the moon. She saw it at one of the truck stops they had dinner at.

“Come out of the bathroom naked.” Jochen knew Sidney turned into a teenager.

“I thought we were in a hurry?” Sidney runs a brush through her hair.

“You still could take your time.” Jochen watched as Sidney brushes her hair.

“I’ll be careful from now on.” Sidney puts her brush back in her purse.

“Are you ready to go?” Jochen looks at Sidney for an answer.

“Yep.” Sidney wonders where they were going to go for breakfast.

Jochen walks out of the hotel room and heads down towards the lobby. He knew Sidney was following him as they get into the elevator and take it to the first floor. They walk through the main reception area. When they step outside and look across the highway there was an IHOP, a Hardee’s, a Capt. Jack’s, and a Lum’s diner.

“Which one do you want to go to, Sidney?”

“How about IHOP?” Sidney was in the mood for pancakes.

“IHOP it is, then.” Jochen rushes to cross the highway with Sidney running beside him.

Jochen and Sidney walk into the place. The hostess on duty escorts them to a booth near the window that overlooked the parking lot.

“Your waitress will be with you in a minute. While you're waiting, would you like something to drink?” Beverly looks at the young man and the teenage girl that was with him.

“Coffee, black for me. As for the young lady, a medium glass of orange juice.” Jochen didn’t let Sidney drink coffee.

“Okay. I’ll be back with your drinks.” Beverly turns and walks away.

Sidney looks across the table towards Jochen. She knew she needs to tell him about her past. She takes a deep breath “Jochen, there’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it?” Jochen could tell Sidney was nervous. He’s come to learn her tells.

Sidney looks at Jochen feeling nervous. She didn’t want to lose his friendship.

“I finally learned why that black bag is so special to me. It seemed, that I took it as final payment from a mobster I use to work for.”

“Okay, what did you do for this mobster and who is he?” Jochen wonders what Sidney uses to do.

“I used to steal for him. There’s wasn’t a building, safe or lock I couldn’t bypass or break into. I used to steal for Drake Dalitz.”

“I’ve never heard of him.” Jochen has been to Vegas several times and never heard of him.

“The only time you’ll hear from him is if you owe any of his guy’s money. He does all sorts of gambling and loaning money to people. He doesn’t believe in drugs or weapons. He owns a few prostitution ranches and cowboy resorts.”

“So, why did you steal from him and for him?” Jochen was curious.

“I wanted to get out of the business and do something different. I was tired of being a thief and working for someone else.”

“Well, I think he’ll have a hard time finding you now unless you tell someone. And even then, they might not believe you. So, I think you're
safe.” Jochen knew the way Sidney looked now. There would be no way to say she is the same person.

Their waitress shows up with their drink order and places them in front of them. Afterward, she takes their order and leaves.

“So, what are we doing today?” Sidney takes a sip from her glass.

“Well, we have several deliveries we have to make, and afterward, we will head to Alabama to pick up a load.”

“Will we be able to get a new trailer, or are we stuck with the old one?”

“We will be getting a new one. The old one is going to the shop to be fixed.” Jochen got the okay from headquarters to switch out the trailer.

“You’re not disappointed in me, are you?” Sidney was concerned about what Jochen thought about her.

“Sidney, I can’t hold what you use to do against you. I didn’t know you then. I only know the fifteen-year-old girl in front of me. What you do with the second chance you have been given, is up to you.”

Sidney wipes the tears that were sliding down her cheek. She felt relieved from what Jochen just said to her. She was hoping he wouldn’t hate her.

Jochen saw the tears from Sidney’s eyes. He gets up and slides in next to her “I won’t leave you, Sidney.”

Jochen hugs Sidney to reassure her. He knew she was feeling emotional. It was getting close to her period.

He moves back on his side of the table as the waitress brings them their order.

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another great chapter

Samantha Heart's picture

Sidney realizes who she was & what she did at one time. Now she has a second chance at life. Jochen is right what she does with her life now is up to her. She could use these skills to works for "the big bad wolf" or even "The Cat" they BOTH could use her skills for certain jobs. However she may become a truck driver. Time will tell.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.