No Child Should Be Mistreated Chp. 16

Printer-friendly version

Tik Tok’s Office:
“Hello, Tik Tok.” Nora walks into Tik Tok’s office with Detective Hopkins right behind her.

Nora had an evil smile on her face as she looked at Tik Tok. He had a bald head with several tattoos covering his head and face. A black magnum-style mustache covered the upper portion of his lips.

She knew he came from Argentina and grew up in the gangs down there. His father and uncle were important people in the Argentina government. She met them once during a conference in Germany. They both had young wives that couldn’t have been his mother.

“What do you want, Nora?” Tik Tok hated Nora Midnight and cops. He hated cops more than he hated Nora Midnight.

“Information.” Nora knew if there was a hit that has been put out, Tik Tok would know about it.

“What type of information and why did you bring the pig with you?” Tik Tok looks at Detective Hopkins as he stood next to Nora.

Nora looks at Tik Tok like a mother does when a child is being rude “you’ll be nice to Detective Hopkins, or I’ll put your favorite collar back on you.”

Tik Tok just looks at Nora and knew what collar she was talking about. The last time he lied to her and tried to play it tough. She subdued him and slapped a collar on him, which shocked him. He nearly died from her shocking him.

“What type of information do you want?”

“Who put a hit out on me and my wife?” Nora wanted answers.

“A guy named Jordan Kling. He hired a bunch of local assassins to take you out.”

“Why?” Nora wanted to know what she was targeted for.

“Why do you think? You stick your nose to matters that don’t concern you. First, your wife is handling that lawsuit against the corrupted cops and secondly, you are sticking your nose into a family matter that you shouldn’t be.”

“Are you talking about the Hamlet case?” Detective Hopkins looks at Tik Tok for an answer.

“What else would I be talking about, Detective?” Tik Tok hated cops.

“So, someone wants to kill me because I’m trying to help a student of mine? Why? What is so special about Chris?”

“Don’t know, but you’re sticking your nose into family business. A family with connections to some dangerous people.”

Detective Hopkins looks at Nora “do you know who he is talking about?”

“Yes, he’s talking about a student in my class by the name of Chris Sumner. From what I have observed about her, she’s being mistreated and being made to live out of a shed.” Nora cared about all her students.

“And someone is trying to kill you for helping a student?” Hopkins couldn’t believe that.

“Give me the names of the assassins who were dumb enough to take the contract on me and where I can find the person who hired them.”

“What’s in it for me?” Tik Tok looks at Nora.

“How about I let you continue what you are doing and stay out of your business?” Nora smiles evilly at Tik Tok.

“And you?” As Tik Tok looks at detective Hopkins.

“How about I don’t arrest you or your friends there for some of the illegal substances I spotted walking in?” Hopkins had spotted a few bricks of cocaine.

“Fine.” Tik Tok writes down the names of the assassins and where they could find Jordan Kling.

He hands the paper to Nora “I hope I don’t see you ever again.”

“Behave yourself and you’ll never see me. However, I can’t make the same promise about Detective Hopkins or the Cheshire herself.”

Tik Tok goes pale at the mention of Cheshire’s name. He knows if she or her partner ever came to Memphis. Someone was going to die.

Detective Hopkins saw Tik Tok go pale at the mention of a person named Cheshire. He wonders who the person was and why the name alone caused such a reaction.

“Is there anything you want to ask Tik Tok detective?” Nora looks at Hopkins.

“There is.”

Detective Hardcastle Resident:
Chris covers up a yawn as she gets out of the car and follows Detective Hardcastle into his place. She could tell that the place was warm and welcoming. She spotted pictures of his daughter throughout the ages. She looked like she was an active person and enjoyed sports and such.

“Detective, where is your daughter?”

“She’s attending college in another state.” Hardcastle was proud of his daughter.

She was attending college on a sports scholarship. She worked very hard to impress the recruiters. All her sacrifice and training paid off.

“You must be very proud of her.” Chris looks at Hardcastle.

“I am. Now, let’s get you situated.” Hardcastle escorts Chris to a spare bedroom.

Chris follows behind Hardcastle to the spare bedroom. When she walks into the room, she noticed that it had a nice king-size bed in it.

“Oh, I can’t wait to sleep on that.”

A smile appears on Hardcastle’s face “why don’t you put your things away and I’ll order us some dinner.”

Chris hugs Hardcastle “thank you for everything.”

Hardcastle returns the hug “you’re welcome.”

up
155 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The cat or The wolf either one is deadly

Samantha Heart's picture

In their own right. If Norra ever contacted either one Tic Tock KNOWS he would be somewhere on their elimination list. So HE KNOWS TO corporate with Nora. So the hit involves Chris & her step mother & brother. As well as the case Nora's wife is a paralegal on. The plot thickness & some people are about to die. This maybe an instance where the cat & the wolf will PERSONALLY intervene as Nora is still injured from being shot.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Name dropper

Jamie Lee's picture

Strange how a single name loosens tongues easier than any tough physical methods. But it worked, and is probably going to happen when Cheshire hears about the attempted kidnapping.

Okay, so why is Nora being targeted because she's helping Chris? Is step-pig really trying to kill Chris to get the money her father left her? Or is it something else?

Oh, Jordan, what a dope. He sends people after someone without knowing anything about that person. Or her family connections. Connections who can make him disappear without a trace.

Others have feelings too.