A Gayle Blows Up Part 19

Printer-friendly version

Part 19

Friday evening we gathered in Tavleens’ rooms and fitted Balnoor with the right outfit. We had him put on a bra which had seed-filled stockings put into the cups and when he put the burqa on he didn’t look pregnant like he had before.

We just got him to play quietly for a little while so he could get used to the feeling of the weight on his chest and to make sure that his arms learned to be a bit more open. Husnia said that he should have a name that we could call him at the shows and that her friend had suggested Baajrah, which means ‘beautiful eyes’. He started to get used to playing dressed up so we allowed him to change back into an Indian teddy-bear again. He was given the control briefs and ordered to have them on the following Thursday when he came to be collected.

Saturday we all got collected to do our reception. It was another of the more modern ones and I showed the girls the book I had bought and said we should start learning some new songs. It went well and Balnoor joined Tavleen for the night when we were brought home. Janet was certainly earning her money these days but I think that she was enjoying herself.

Sunday morning I took extra care getting up and dressed and spent a bit of time doing my make-up. When I went out I got into the lift with Tavleen and Balnoor already on their way down. Tavleen said “Wow” and Balnoor just goggled. I told them that I was Gauravs’ partner at a society wedding and, when we went outside, Guptar was just driving up. Gaurav jumped out to help me get in and, as we left, I gave the others a smile and a regal wave as we went by them. The wedding was in one of the bigger churches and I was able to follow the service as I had memories of my Anglo upbringing. It took about two hours before the happy couple departed in a coach and four, covered in confetti. We mingled with the rich and famous for a while and then Guptar drove us to a classy restaurant where we had a nice meal with Gaurav being very attentive and on his best behaviour

Birgitta did have to mention that she saw our wedding may be similar as I was not of the faith and that Gaurav had slipped far enough from it himself. We both blushed as we held hands under the table. The reception was to be held in Salmans’ venue, starting at four, and when we walked in there was already a crowd there. The meal was good, well, better than plastic chicken and limp salad and there were the usual speeches. When the band walked on stage I saw that it was the Four Winds and they started off with the bridal waltz and then some more dances. Gaurav got me out on the floor and we held each other close as we danced. I could see a little envy in the eyes of some of the women we danced past and, oddly, in the eyes of some of the men. We must make a good looking couple when we are dressed to the nines.

As we danced past the band Alan nodded at us and I nodded back. “Do you know him?” Gaurav whispered in my ear. I told him I have met the band and would explain later. It came to the point where the happy couple finally left the building to do what they had probably been doing for several months now. If my new appreciation of bodies didn’t deceive me she was about three months gone. And the hussy wore white!

In the hiatus Gaurav was about to ask me about the band when Alan came over to our table. He introduced himself and laid a CD on the table. It was properly produced and there was a name on the front that read ‘The Four Winds meet a Gayle’ with us all listed on the back. He then said “Jack got these done for us so we could sell them at our shows. We did sell a few so far but I think we may be on a bonanza tonight if you would be so good to join us on stage.” I looked at Gaurav and said “My dear, could you spare me for a while as I help these chaps out?” He nodded and said that he would love to hear me sing but he didn’t think these guys went with traditional Indian songs. “Wait a while, my love, and you shall hear what we do.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and nodded to his amazed parents as I went with Alan back to the stage and greeted the others.

Before we started, Alan stood at the microphone and told the guests that they were in for a treat tonight as the band had made a CD, which would be available after the show, and that they would now hear it played live. I asked that we do ‘The Man I Love’ first and that I would like to make an announcement of my own first. We got ourselves ready and I went to the microphone and said “Some of you may have heard me sing Indian music as Geet with the Dhawanees but tonight I stand before you as Gayle Fooks, the name on my passport. Just for fun I sang along with these guys in the recording studio and the result is the CD that Alan has told you about. I would like to dedicate the first song to Gaurav Hidjeet, my partner here tonight. I would like to say that he is my fiancé but the brute has not asked me formally yet in front of his parents.” There was a laugh at that and I nodded to the band and we went into ‘The Man I love’ in a slow and relaxed way that made it, oh so more sensual.

I looked across the dancefloor to our table and Gaurav was sitting there with a look of total love while Birgitta could hardly stop herself from laughing out loud as her son had been publically put on notice. Guptar just had a big smile on his face. One by one, couples came out on the dance floor and we went through the entire album. There were a couple of requests for repeats which we did and then it was time to wind up. I went around the band and gave them a hug and a kiss on the cheek. When I was close to Alan I said “I have seen Salman, the manager here, watching us and he has a predatory look on his face. If you have a manager, stick with them. If you haven’t I can give you Janets’ number but whatever you do, don’t sign anything with him, he is a chancer.”

I went back to our table and both Guptar and Gaurav stood up as I approached. Guptar came and gave me a hug and told me that he had been absolutely amazed at the songs and my singing. Gaurav gave me a hug and then went down on one knee and said “Geet or Gayle, you are the most wonderful girl on the planet. Will you marry me?” Of course I said yes and he stood up and we kissed. Behind me I heard some applause and a bit of cheering and when our lips parted I looked around and everyone was looking at us. I said “That’s for you, Gaurav; you are a very popular person in this community. “ He said “No, my darling, I am sure it is for a beautiful singer.” Guptar laughed and said “No, it is that there are a lot of families with teenage girls out there who have just been told that their daughters are safe!”

Birgitta and I hugged and she said “I knew he would do it one day, that was a masterstroke and now you are officially family in front of everyone. Now take me to meet your other band.” I led her over to where Alan was in a heated conversation with Salman, who was exhibiting the character that I had suspected he had. Joe, Alec and Chico were busy selling CDs but I managed to get each of them to meet Birgitta who bought five CDs for herself. Alan had finished with Salman and came over to thank me for giving him the warning. “He offered the world” he said “but when I pressed him for details he didn’t have any.” I gave him Janets’ number and he said he would ring her on Monday. Birgitta asked him a few questions about his ideas for the band future and he then pulled out half a dozen CDs and gave them to me. “I know it’s not much but consider this your performance payment. Tonight was really good and I think that we may get a lot of bookings out of it but I am sure they are going to insist that you are out front.”

I told him that we already had most Saturdays playing receptions but may be able to get to Sundays and the odd midweek event but that I now had to clear it with Janet as well. I went back to our table to put my CDs in my bag and then Birgitta and I went to the toilets where we had quite a conversation with other ladies. The two men were waiting when we got out and Guptar said that he was getting worried about us. Birgitta told him that it was just a bit of female networking. Gaurav took my arm and we left the venue. At the car he got me to use the seat belt in the middle of the back seat so that we could cuddle on the way.

At the block he gave me a deep kiss in the lift, another at my door and the third was in the bedroom where he helped me undress and I helped him release some pressure. We didn’t take long and as he rearranged himself I asked about his parents. “Don’t worry about that” he said “my father told me that they would sit and talk until I got back. I love you, my darling, I will get in touch about when we can be together again, seeing that you are so busy these days. If it leads to you being a famous singer, I am happy to bide my time to have yours when I can.” I kissed him and told him that I loved him and told him that in the future we will be together for good.

Marianne G 2021

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos