Cruelty

Printer-friendly version

Cruelty
A Short Story (with images)
By Maryanne Peters

AttachmentSize
PDF icon Cruelty.pdf232.66 KB
up
61 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tour de Force

It is suggested that only the best writers should attempt diary-structured fiction.

A diary robs you of the tools of dialogue and almost all interplay between the characters.

Yet you made it look easy!

I hope people make an effort to reward your expertise.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Roman á chef

laika's picture

That was one smitten kitten! Given my total lack of romantic experience I'm probably the last person who should have an opinion about love but I'm not sure love like she had for Scott is really love. And I also think I couldve been controlled like that at a younger age by the right- I mean wrong person showing me any attention at all.

And I'm not sure about Scott's motivations, I mean yeah he wanted to keep his job but he went way beyond that. I don't think he had even the remotest glimmer of romantic interest, but seemed to be giving her instructions + pills because he was contemptuously fascinated with what a headcase his boss was + wanted to see how much power he really had over him/her ("Simon says, cut your dick off..."). Or I guess, since as Jill said the diary format means we don't get anything about Scott's point of view. But I'm glad she found a new beau who actually values her.

An interesting exercise that made good use of the transition pictures.
~hugs, Veronica

Chef Demence

I am not sure whether you have any experience of chefs, but in my experience the top ones are very close to madness.
Add a little love-sickness to that sauce and voila!
As said we only get the POV of somebody who is clearly unbalanced and besotted, but we can clearly see that Scott is a prick.
Maryanne