Sweet Little Spy pt 15

Printer-friendly version


Sweet Little Spy part 15

Mrs Masterson stepped in front of the group. “Go ahead and take a seat girls.”

The rest of the candidates sat on the bleachers around us. We could hear comments on our warm up. Mostly positive, a couple negative ones.

“Thank you all for trying out for the Ridgemore High School Cheerleading teams. I am Mrs. Masterson” She started. “ I am the head coach of the cheerleading program. I am also coach of the Varsity squad. We have 3 teams, the Freshman Squad, the Junior Varsity and the Varsity squads. Each with 10 girls to a squad. Each squad will have a captain and co-captain. She will be in charge of the Squad. Each Squad has there own coaches and assistant coaches. As I said, I am coach of the Varsity squad. To my left is Miss Cooper, she is coach of the freshman squad. While to my right is Mrs. Chapmann she is the coach of the JV squad. Mrs, Chapmann.”

“Good afternoon, girls. Our tryouts today is for every position on the team. I have seen some of the girls who were on one of our squads last year. While you may have made the team last year. You may or may not make a team this year.”

Mrs. Masterson started the tryouts. She split the girls up. She demonstrated a cheer move then started music and had the girls repeat it. While most were able to copy it. Very few did is precisely the exact way. All the while the three coaches wandered with a clip board and observed. Writing down things. Each group took about 45 minutes to evaluate. Having the girls do different moves. Then they opened it up for each girl to do a freestyle. By the time Lynn was done. There were more than one gasp and wow.

Once it was all done. Mrs. Masterson addressed the group. “Thank you all again. Each and everyone of you performed very well. We will discuss things between us. A list of who made which squad will be posted in the display case in front of the office. No names will be listed just the number you were given. Also those who where picked will get a phone call from one of the coaches about practice. Good Luck to all of you.”

With that we left. As we walked out to the car. A couple of girls came up to us.

“Wow, that was fantastic what you two did. I am sure you got in. I'm Molly Simmons this is Carrie Smith. We are freshman this year.”

“Hi, I'm Lynn Wilson this is my sister, Allison.”

“You didn't go to Cooper last year did you?” Carrie asked.

“No we just move here from Battle Creek. I'm a freshman too.” Lynn answered.

“Cool, maybe we will have a class together.”

“Hey, there's my mom. We gotta go.”

“Nice meeting you,” Lynn called as they both ran to a waiting car.

They both waved as they got in.

“Seems like you may have made a couple of friends, Honey” Mom unlocked the car.

“possibly, Mom. We will see.”

“Hey, you never know you might become good friends.”

“Yeah, Mom. You are right.”

We pulled up in our driveway, Daddy's truck was there.”

“Hey Daddy's home from work.” I said.

We found dad in the living room. Relaxing.

“Hi,Daddy.” I called as I walked in.

“Hi, Sweetheart. Where have you three been?”

“Lynn found out about tryouts for the cheer-leading squad at school. So we were there.”

We joined him in the living room. “So, did you make the squad?” He asked.

“Won't know until tomorrow, The head coach will put up the list of who made it.”

“I am sure, with both of you twos Cheer experience you should. So how do you think you did?”

“Great it was just basic beginner moves. We both know by heart.”

Turning to me, “So how do you think you did?”

“I didn't tryout.”

“Why not?”

“Daddy I am only in 6th grade. Lynn is in 9th.”

“Did they say you couldn't or post an age limit.”

“No, but”

“Honey, but nothing. You should have tried out.” Daddy encouraged.

“Daddy, we did do some showing off. We both did some tumbling runs, a couple of lifts and a couple throws. Everybody was speechless.” Lynn added.

“Well looks like you did tryout. You just didn't know it.” Dad snickered.

“geese daddy. Yeah, and in about 2 to 3 months I will be to pregnant to do much of anything.”

“I bet you will be just about as active as you are now.” Mom offered. As she came into the living room. Gave daddy a kiss and sat in her chair.

“Oh, please excuse me. Someone just moved and is pushing on my bladder.” I took off for the bathroom.

“Ah, to be pregnant.” Mom reminisced.

I got to the bathroom just in time. As I used the bathroom, I talked to my girl. You are such a little stinker. Pushing on mommies bladder like that. I felt her move some. Less pressure. For now I thought.

Returning to join everyone else. Lynn was describing the program. I sat next to her. When she described the change. I shuttered a little. That wasn't fun.

Mom and Lynn left to work on dinner. I sat with Daddy. We watched the early news. I noticed some pictures on the mantle. We had a fireplace. The pictures showed the old me. Ones of each of us. Then the three of us. Some at different ages. On the wall was a group photo of the current All American Cheer team.

“Daddy, how do you have pictures of us younger. Me and Lynn were never young girls. What about the one with the old me, the new me and Lynn. We never were young together.”

“Well, Those were from the program. They photo shopped them. We couldn't just have pictures of CJ when he was young and none of you two. Along with no picture of the three of you together. Or a picture of all of us together as one big happy family.” Daddy motioned to a picture I did not see. A family picture With Mom, Dad, the old me, the new me and Lynn. It seemed like it was taken a few years ago. Lynn looked about 12 and I looked about 9.

“That was taken about a year before your brother ran off and got killed.” He told me sadly. “We had to almost force him to the picture with the rest of us. “He got so envious of you two girls. With your making the All American Cheer team. He started being a real snot. Getting into all kinds of trouble, He started not listening to me or your mother. Until he one day just left. 4 days later they found his body at the bottom a a railroad bridge down by Hillsdale.”

Yeah, I was a little shit. I remember mom and dad coming into the police station to pick me up at 3am. I had been picked for curfew violations. I was at the skate park when some old lady called the cops on me and my friends. The others got away. I wound up back in at the police station 3 days later. I was caught getting back at that old lady. I tagged her house, good.

“Daddy, I'm sorry that CJ caused you and mom so much trouble. Me and Lynn had no idea. I remember you getting upset with him, a couple times. I miss my big brother.” I couldn't believe that I said all that. It was like it was a performance, remembering the former me, a boy.

“Yeah, I remember him too.” It was Lynn. “I miss him, also.” She gave daddy a hug. “Oh, and dinner is ready.”

“Thank you, Honey.” Dad and me headed to the dinning room table. It was set real nice.

I wasn't sure which one was mine. So, I just picked a chair. Next to Mom. There was plenty of room on the other side so I figured that I could move down and be able to have the high chair between me and Mom. At least for a little while. I sat like a proper lady, back straight, with my hands folded in my lap. I waited until everyone sat down. Lynn also sat like me.

Once mom and dad sat down, we began to eat. Slow delicate bits. We had some table talk.

All of the sudden I felt a pain in my stomach. Stopping eating I put my hand on my stomach.

“Are you all right, Allison.?” Mom asked.

“Somebody just gave me a good swift kick. I can't tell if she is hungry or upset.” I winced again. “She is not happy.”

“Are you two going to be alright. Do we need to take you to the Dr's.”

“I don't think so. She is just moving around some.” I felt the little angel I was carrying moving some.

“Well, Let us know if we need to.”

“OK, Grandma.”

“Well that is what I am. A grandmother.”

As I started eating again She seemed to get comfortable. For the rest of the meal she didn't make a move.

Rubbing my belly, I smiled.

“Somebody must be content now.” Dad asked.

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
165 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sounds like

Samantha Heart's picture

Even with all her conditioning & training Alison is going to have a rough pregnancy so far its been ok just a few kicks & movements from her daughter but being so young its going to be hard on her.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Hang on one minute!

Jamie Lee's picture

Lynn had to have blown every one of the other girls away with all the forced training the girls were put through. And seeing what Allison can do, which was better than any of the olders girls, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility she will get asked.

I should have seen this in the chapter where Allison wasn't given any choice to exchange uteruses with Robin, but what about tissue rejection? Did those amoral basterds solve that problem of tissue rejection? And if they did, imagine all the kidney, liver, and heart/lung transplants that would benefit. But noo, they keep it for their unlawful activities.

Boy do they have the bases covered. CJ became pissed off and ran away, later to only be found dead. And the girls go along with the shraid. Maybe for them it's been brainwashed in them, but not mom and dad. Dad acts like he misses CJ like a foot long splinter from a 2x4.

Yeah, "the end justifies the means" is alive and well with these people.

Others have feelings too.

The parents were brainwashed

The parents were brainwashed too also chapter 23 needs to be moved from between 9 and 10 I read it early and was confused as hell